Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | welp there goes my love of flair
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
For me it's the kind of dilemma - for some colors, previous version is more pretty. for some colors that has pretty point colors, new version is better... [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=126&auth=cebd24d88fe0d43d6252303eba6a2163ed3d3019&dummyext=prev.png[/img] For this scry new version is way more prettier than dull, simple blue for me. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=58&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=58&auth=63ce2a4cefd2d0e1143e01b160e9944522130d49&dummyext=prev.png[/img] But for tomato, which is my favorite flair color... nah, I prefer previous one. +) Yes, can't choose, suffering X'D Lemme dye Obbies whatever I want *pours paints to their mane*
For me it's the kind of dilemma - for some colors, previous version is more pretty. for some colors that has pretty point colors, new version is better...

dragon?age=1&body=126&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=126&auth=cebd24d88fe0d43d6252303eba6a2163ed3d3019&dummyext=prev.png
For this scry new version is way more prettier than dull, simple blue for me.

dragon?age=1&body=58&bodygene=82&breed=15&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=124&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=58&auth=63ce2a4cefd2d0e1143e01b160e9944522130d49&dummyext=prev.png
But for tomato, which is my favorite flair color... nah, I prefer previous one.

+)
Yes, can't choose, suffering X'D
Lemme dye Obbies whatever I want *pours paints to their mane*
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
This one has me pretty sad. She was my hatch from when obelisks were announced. She used to have a mane that matched her tert. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70014288][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/700143/70014288_350.png[/img][/url] Used to be this mane: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/905529803250212935/Spruce.png[/img]
This one has me pretty sad. She was my hatch from when obelisks were announced. She used to have a mane that matched her tert.

70014288_350.png

Used to be this mane:

Spruce.png
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the new thing either - one of my Obelisks has Flair, and the fact that her mane looks so light now isn't really what I'm going for. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73518191][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/735182/73518191_350.png[/img][/url] Granted, I can make some compromises and potentially get used to it, but... it's not ideal.
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the new thing either - one of my Obelisks has Flair, and the fact that her mane looks so light now isn't really what I'm going for.
73518191_350.png

Granted, I can make some compromises and potentially get used to it, but... it's not ideal.
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
Thank you for adding the third option!
Thank you for adding the third option!
LxbWmll.png
[quote name="@LuckOfTheClaws" date="2021-12-28 17:29:03" ] [quote name="AbsoluteRadiance" date="2021-12-28 17:22:43" ] [quote name="StoneHusky" date="2021-12-28 17:04:55" ] Dramatics aside, it's just so frustrating because the Team KNOWS this wasn't an error. They made Flair like this [b]on purpose, on launch[/b] and yet only now decide to undo the Flair we've come to love FROM DAY ONE. [/quote] not true; Undel has said that she didn't realize they weren't correct [/quote] yknow you can dislike the fix (i hate it too) without blatantly spreading misinformation to make the staff look worse. they fricked up. they shouldn't have done this. but they didnt do it on purpose [/quote] If Undel did say this please link it to me because I had no idea! I know for absolute certain they made no mention of the gene's errored status when they changed the name from Flare to Flair, at the very least, nor did they edit the launch post with any indication that it had the wrong colours. They also promoted it on launch specifically with a focus on Obelisks and especially their manes, [img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenes.png[/img] so without knowing of the existence of Undel's update there's absolutely no reason to think any player would know there was anything wrong with the gene. You can dislike the way I said it, that's fine, but frankly there's no denying that the Team did a pretty lacklustre job of communicating that the OG version of Flair had anything wrong with it, and that we should've expected an update for it.
@LuckOfTheClaws wrote on 2021-12-28 17:29:03:
AbsoluteRadiance wrote on 2021-12-28 17:22:43:
StoneHusky wrote on 2021-12-28 17:04:55:
Dramatics aside, it's just so frustrating because the Team KNOWS this wasn't an error. They made Flair like this on purpose, on launch and yet only now decide to undo the Flair we've come to love FROM DAY ONE.

not true; Undel has said that she didn't realize they weren't correct

yknow you can dislike the fix (i hate it too) without blatantly spreading misinformation to make the staff look worse. they fricked up. they shouldn't have done this. but they didnt do it on purpose

If Undel did say this please link it to me because I had no idea!

I know for absolute certain they made no mention of the gene's errored status when they changed the name from Flare to Flair, at the very least, nor did they edit the launch post with any indication that it had the wrong colours.

They also promoted it on launch specifically with a focus on Obelisks and especially their manes,

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenes.png

so without knowing of the existence of Undel's update there's absolutely no reason to think any player would know there was anything wrong with the gene.

You can dislike the way I said it, that's fine, but frankly there's no denying that the Team did a pretty lacklustre job of communicating that the OG version of Flair had anything wrong with it, and that we should've expected an update for it.
3EnpSxZ.png
[quote name="StoneHusky" date="2021-12-28 17:04:55" ] Dramatics aside, it's just so frustrating because the Team KNOWS this wasn't an error. They made Flair like this [b]on purpose, on launch[/b] and yet only now decide to undo the Flair we've come to love FROM DAY ONE. [/quote] No, Obby's mane color was error. This is the original art of Hickory, and you can see the mane's darker gradient color is same with Obby's darker paws' color, and lighter one is same with nose's color. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/905534563227418674/Hickory.png[/img] For Imp, which had the correct color you can see the purple point color in their fur, which is different with Obby. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=82&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=22&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=88&auth=165e9dcd92de1582556aa154b76901be3e4e43df&dummyext=prev.png[/img] And here is fixed Obby [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/925552939559444500/Hickory.png[/img] So... yes, it was the technologically right fix. The problem is, error was too pretty on many dragons... For example, this is the Ruby color: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/905534618982293504/Ruby.png[/img] which is changed into this: (You can see it's way more boring) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/857076464120889364/925552967866781706/Ruby.png[/img] That's why the players asked for third option, so we can have both wrong/right version and can choose by our taste, by the breed. While not ruining existing Obbies.
StoneHusky wrote on 2021-12-28 17:04:55:
Dramatics aside, it's just so frustrating because the Team KNOWS this wasn't an error. They made Flair like this on purpose, on launch and yet only now decide to undo the Flair we've come to love FROM DAY ONE.

No, Obby's mane color was error. This is the original art of Hickory, and you can see the mane's darker gradient color is same with Obby's darker paws' color, and lighter one is same with nose's color.
Hickory.png
For Imp, which had the correct color you can see the purple point color in their fur, which is different with Obby.
dragon?age=1&body=88&bodygene=82&breed=8&element=2&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=22&tertgene=0&winggene=82&wings=88&auth=165e9dcd92de1582556aa154b76901be3e4e43df&dummyext=prev.png
And here is fixed Obby
Hickory.png

So... yes, it was the technologically right fix. The problem is, error was too pretty on many dragons... For example, this is the Ruby color:
Ruby.png
which is changed into this: (You can see it's way more boring)
Ruby.png

That's why the players asked for third option, so we can have both wrong/right version and can choose by our taste, by the breed. While not ruining existing Obbies.
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
I don't really understand why people are still kind of freaking out over this tbh. I think they've addressed it as clearly and fairly as they can. They've already admitted to making a mistake, and have heard us out. I don't see the point of continuing to spread and encourage upset via this thread. It kind of is what it is at this point. I'm personally really happy with how the staff has handled the whole thing and was willing to offer compromise and work with the community. They aren't psychic or perfect, they're humans. Its fine that they tried something and it didn't work and now they've adjusted accordingly.
I don't really understand why people are still kind of freaking out over this tbh. I think they've addressed it as clearly and fairly as they can. They've already admitted to making a mistake, and have heard us out. I don't see the point of continuing to spread and encourage upset via this thread. It kind of is what it is at this point. I'm personally really happy with how the staff has handled the whole thing and was willing to offer compromise and work with the community. They aren't psychic or perfect, they're humans. Its fine that they tried something and it didn't work and now they've adjusted accordingly.
RU_SMALL.gif
[quote name="Ulises" date="2021-12-30 14:43:00" ] I don't really understand why people are still kind of freaking out over this tbh. I think they've addressed it as clearly and fairly as they can. They've already admitted to making a mistake, and have heard us out. I don't see the point of continuing to spread and encourage upset via this thread. It kind of is what it is at this point. I'm personally really happy with how the staff has handled the whole thing and was willing to offer compromise and work with the community. They aren't psychic or perfect, they're humans. Its fine that they tried something and it didn't work and now they've adjusted accordingly. [/quote] Pretty much this.
Ulises wrote on 2021-12-30 14:43:00:

Pretty much this.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
Already voted middle ground option, but this does make me question how future "consistency!" art choices made by the devs will be received. There are a *bunch* of gene/color combos that act differently on different breeds and poses that I fear could be toned down or removed under this ideology. Just as a fast example, here's my maize iri fae: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50759166][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/507592/50759166_350.png[/img][/url] and here's what maize iri is supposed to look like, and does on every other breed and pose: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=51&auth=48ef5905d6cf746af0fb274eff7d447c6a822d28&dummyext=prev.png[/img] When the time comes to "standardize" irishim, will there be another poll about whether to turn down the rainbow's opacity to make it more consistent with the adult pose, or to make it brighter on all breeds and poses? I'd like a bold rainbow underbelly on my dragon, but what if other people with maize iris [i]don't?[/i] Like, the petals art that needs to be "standardized" for f guardians: [img]https://i.imgur.com/NrKjZ5s.png[/img] This gene [i]does have[/i] an error, but will there be another poll when people are mad the gene they possibly paid real currency to look like the first image now looks like the second? I mean, if bogsneak art can have differing amounts of frills per pose and the explanation is "bogsneaks can have 0 to however many you want," why can't a male tundra just... have scales in a different place than another dragon? Or an imperial have interesting tiger markings on their hind leg? If you ask me it adds more uniqueness and story to the dragons, and could even encourage people to explore more breeds and colors to find the "easter eggs." It gives staff more time to work on other, newer things. If someone doesn't want a dragon with "messed up" petals, there are 44 other pictures to choose from. It sorta reminds me of when ridgeback females had inverted hypnotic. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/6989ffe9076430a4e8dc5aabbd0994ed/tumblr_nnbuydZWrt1t3tsevo1_400.png[/img] Inverted ^ [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=8&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=72&tertgene=0&winggene=9&wings=10&auth=881d8bf16c6fce750973c59b59b3bb6e688bee41&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Fixed ^ So what if it was an error? I loved the first one. If there'd been a poll, I would have voted to keep it. And then of course, there was the whole butterfly debacle... I think a good analogy for this whole situation is coins. Imagine your country mints a bunch of coins, and one specific version of the ten cent coin has an error. Not an eyesore or something that makes it misshapen or look like a forgery, but maybe the historical figure on it looks like they're winking instead of staring or something. In the physical world, you own that coin. You can display it as a conversation piece. You could sell it to collectors. You could use it like normal. You could make it your 'lucky coin.' It could have serious significance to you. What can't happen, is the mint can't just barge into your house in the middle of the night and replace it with a normal coin for "standardization." Digital medium like Flight Rising [i]can[/i], and consumers have already shown how much we [i]hate this[/i], whether it's pet sites or EA doing it. Yeah, it's their site, but it doesn't make the paying userbase any less upset. So while there's plenty of understanding for the stray pixels and clipping, I can see more polls in the future for the fate of pose-breed unique markings. Maybe staff are trying to add more colors to the color wheel and want to clean up the genes for the generator?
Already voted middle ground option, but this does make me question how future "consistency!" art choices made by the devs will be received. There are a *bunch* of gene/color combos that act differently on different breeds and poses that I fear could be toned down or removed under this ideology.

Just as a fast example, here's my maize iri fae:

50759166_350.png

and here's what maize iri is supposed to look like, and does on every other breed and pose:

dragon?age=1&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=1&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=51&auth=48ef5905d6cf746af0fb274eff7d447c6a822d28&dummyext=prev.png

When the time comes to "standardize" irishim, will there be another poll about whether to turn down the rainbow's opacity to make it more consistent with the adult pose, or to make it brighter on all breeds and poses? I'd like a bold rainbow underbelly on my dragon, but what if other people with maize iris don't?

Like, the petals art that needs to be "standardized" for f guardians:

NrKjZ5s.png

This gene does have an error, but will there be another poll when people are mad the gene they possibly paid real currency to look like the first image now looks like the second?

I mean, if bogsneak art can have differing amounts of frills per pose and the explanation is "bogsneaks can have 0 to however many you want," why can't a male tundra just... have scales in a different place than another dragon? Or an imperial have interesting tiger markings on their hind leg?

If you ask me it adds more uniqueness and story to the dragons, and could even encourage people to explore more breeds and colors to find the "easter eggs." It gives staff more time to work on other, newer things. If someone doesn't want a dragon with "messed up" petals, there are 44 other pictures to choose from.

It sorta reminds me of when ridgeback females had inverted hypnotic.

tumblr_nnbuydZWrt1t3tsevo1_400.png
Inverted ^
dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=8&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=72&tertgene=0&winggene=9&wings=10&auth=881d8bf16c6fce750973c59b59b3bb6e688bee41&dummyext=prev.png
Fixed ^

So what if it was an error? I loved the first one. If there'd been a poll, I would have voted to keep it.

And then of course, there was the whole butterfly debacle...

I think a good analogy for this whole situation is coins. Imagine your country mints a bunch of coins, and one specific version of the ten cent coin has an error. Not an eyesore or something that makes it misshapen or look like a forgery, but maybe the historical figure on it looks like they're winking instead of staring or something. In the physical world, you own that coin. You can display it as a conversation piece. You could sell it to collectors. You could use it like normal. You could make it your 'lucky coin.' It could have serious significance to you.

What can't happen, is the mint can't just barge into your house in the middle of the night and replace it with a normal coin for "standardization." Digital medium like Flight Rising can, and consumers have already shown how much we hate this, whether it's pet sites or EA doing it. Yeah, it's their site, but it doesn't make the paying userbase any less upset.

So while there's plenty of understanding for the stray pixels and clipping, I can see more polls in the future for the fate of pose-breed unique markings.

Maybe staff are trying to add more colors to the color wheel and want to clean up the genes for the generator?
tumblr_pkudlq16Wl1wnugyjo1_500.png
[quote name="SkralDrog" date="2021-12-30 16:30:58" ] Already voted middle ground option, but this does make me question how future "consistency!" art choices made by the devs will be received. There are a *bunch* of gene/color combos that act differently on different breeds and poses that I fear could be toned down or removed under this ideology. Just as a fast example, here's my maize iri fae: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50759166][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/507592/50759166_350.png[/img][/url] and here's what maize iri looks like on every other breed or pose: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=51&auth=80f25d55b2188fae89a5f3baee46f0aa09a5099f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] When the time comes to "standardize" irishim, will there be another poll about whether to ditch the rainbow, or to force it on all breeds and poses? I want a rainbow underbelly on my dragon, but what if other people with maize iris [i]don't?[/i][/quote] In case you haven't already seen it, the gene error masterpost addresses this: [quote]Iridescent and Shimmer will never be 100% consistent from breed to breed - This gene was unable to be converted to our recolor engine and still has to be colored, hue shifted, and have the opacity and intensity of the highlights done by hand. While So some green dragons may shift from yellow to green to blue, while others may shift from orange to yellow to green. This is not considered an error. What we are interested in correcting is clear errors and inconsistencies within the gene. We consider that errors to be black linework and overblown highlights. The former is objective. The latter is subjective and we will be working on the most egregious offenders. Some highlights that are intense, but not what we consider "blown out" may remain unchanged.[/quote] So no, we should not expect the coloring of Iri/Shim to change. The only potential changes are highlight intensity [to preserve consistency [i]within[/i] a breed, and to lineart.
SkralDrog wrote on 2021-12-30 16:30:58:
Already voted middle ground option, but this does make me question how future "consistency!" art choices made by the devs will be received. There are a *bunch* of gene/color combos that act differently on different breeds and poses that I fear could be toned down or removed under this ideology.

Just as a fast example, here's my maize iri fae:

50759166_350.png

and here's what maize iri looks like on every other breed or pose:

dragon?age=0&body=1&bodygene=1&breed=2&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=163&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=51&auth=80f25d55b2188fae89a5f3baee46f0aa09a5099f&dummyext=prev.png

When the time comes to "standardize" irishim, will there be another poll about whether to ditch the rainbow, or to force it on all breeds and poses? I want a rainbow underbelly on my dragon, but what if other people with maize iris don't?

In case you haven't already seen it, the gene error masterpost addresses this:

Quote:
Iridescent and Shimmer will never be 100% consistent from breed to breed - This gene was unable to be converted to our recolor engine and still has to be colored, hue shifted, and have the opacity and intensity of the highlights done by hand. While So some green dragons may shift from yellow to green to blue, while others may shift from orange to yellow to green. This is not considered an error. What we are interested in correcting is clear errors and inconsistencies within the gene. We consider that errors to be black linework and overblown highlights. The former is objective. The latter is subjective and we will be working on the most egregious offenders. Some highlights that are intense, but not what we consider "blown out" may remain unchanged.

So no, we should not expect the coloring of Iri/Shim to change. The only potential changes are highlight intensity [to preserve consistency within a breed, and to lineart.
!! signature under construction !!
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55