Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | welp there goes my love of flair
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 54 55
I'm usually fine with these types of gene changes, but I don't really understand some of these "fixes" and am also just in general, really sad about how it effected one of my brand new breeding pairs. Just recently finished a pair that makes hatchlings with abyss/pthalo flair/trail, their first nest hatched a few days ago, the hatchlings haven't even grown up yet. One of the parents looked like this (pre fix, so this is what I breed for and planned for) [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/669935685586649100/925475944859328622/73089098_350.png[/img] I really loved the way the pthalo mane matched the robin runes. Now however... [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73089098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/730891/73089098_350.png[/img][/url] Its... pretty, in a way. But a lot more flat than before. Which isn't something I expect from a color like pthalo that usually has an accent color, even in genes that don't usually have accents. The hatchlings of the first nest were also really fun and cute and I was very happy with them. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/669935685586649100/925475944561516544/Screenshot_20211226-192718_Chrome.jpg[/img] Now they just look... wrong honestly. The flat mane is even more obvious and unfortunate. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74647046][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/746471/74647046_350.png[/img][/url] Which, again, feels weird for a color like abyss that is so popular for its accent colors. I just don't really get why some colors gained a gradient (and frankly look a lot better and I'm happy for it), but others, including colors popular because of their accent colors, suddenly don't get a gradient anymore. Like I get they're trying to bring more of the base color in, which would have been fine if they weren't so flat now. Just make the gradient favor the base color instead of the accent...
I'm usually fine with these types of gene changes, but I don't really understand some of these "fixes" and am also just in general, really sad about how it effected one of my brand new breeding pairs.

Just recently finished a pair that makes hatchlings with abyss/pthalo flair/trail, their first nest hatched a few days ago, the hatchlings haven't even grown up yet.

One of the parents looked like this (pre fix, so this is what I breed for and planned for)
73089098_350.png
I really loved the way the pthalo mane matched the robin runes.
Now however...
73089098_350.png
Its... pretty, in a way. But a lot more flat than before. Which isn't something I expect from a color like pthalo that usually has an accent color, even in genes that don't usually have accents.

The hatchlings of the first nest were also really fun and cute and I was very happy with them.
Screenshot_20211226-192718_Chrome.jpg
Now they just look... wrong honestly. The flat mane is even more obvious and unfortunate.
74647046_350.png
Which, again, feels weird for a color like abyss that is so popular for its accent colors.

I just don't really get why some colors gained a gradient (and frankly look a lot better and I'm happy for it), but others, including colors popular because of their accent colors, suddenly don't get a gradient anymore. Like I get they're trying to bring more of the base color in, which would have been fine if they weren't so flat now. Just make the gradient favor the base color instead of the accent...
1DamPGa.gifGRmuABI.pngTTxEpjT.gif
I only have one project that'll be affected by this, but the lack of communication is really sad. Even without a master list, a simple "Hey, obe manes with flair are bugged, be careful!" would've been better than absolute silence.

The new colors look bugged and washed out, if not completely clashy.
I only have one project that'll be affected by this, but the lack of communication is really sad. Even without a master list, a simple "Hey, obe manes with flair are bugged, be careful!" would've been better than absolute silence.

The new colors look bugged and washed out, if not completely clashy.
tDLtHpS.gifoooOpal - She/Her - FR+3 - Skinsooo31hK9h6.gifoeENlf4.png
[quote name="StygianZinogre" date="2021-12-28 12:22:36" ] Dang. I’ve been saving up to buy the last gene for my first Obelisk (Glimmer), but now I don’t even want to. She looks terrible now. I didn’t have an image saved of her before, so I used Procreate to edit in the old mane from the Obelisk Flaunt/Flair Guide. Please excuse the shoddy work, I was trying to do it quickly. This is her before, the genes fully planned out. The whole reason I bought her was because of the Flair gene! All the blue against the tan made her look like a river running through a desert. [img]https://i.imgur.com/De9BxYG.png[/img] And this is her after the update… [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70559840][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/705599/70559840_350.png[/img][/url] … eew. That orange looks so bad in my opinion. [/quote] Oh man that is a huge loss, I am so sorry ;_;
StygianZinogre wrote on 2021-12-28 12:22:36:
Dang. I’ve been saving up to buy the last gene for my first Obelisk (Glimmer), but now I don’t even want to. She looks terrible now.

I didn’t have an image saved of her before, so I used Procreate to edit in the old mane from the Obelisk Flaunt/Flair Guide. Please excuse the shoddy work, I was trying to do it quickly.

This is her before, the genes fully planned out. The whole reason I bought her was because of the Flair gene! All the blue against the tan made her look like a river running through a desert.

De9BxYG.png

And this is her after the update…

70559840_350.png

… eew. That orange looks so bad in my opinion.

Oh man that is a huge loss, I am so sorry ;_;
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
Some brave soul needs to make an entire series of accents with the old mane/tail etc colors. Just...yikes.
Some brave soul needs to make an entire series of accents with the old mane/tail etc colors. Just...yikes.
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
I am conflicted over this "bug fix"... some of newer versions look really good, but for the most part I prefer the older ones. I am truly sorry for those whose dragons have been severely affected. If this was not corrected, I would probably start a few breeding projects to obtain similar dragons of the scrys. ;-;
I am conflicted over this "bug fix"... some of newer versions look really good, but for the most part I prefer the older ones. I am truly sorry for those whose dragons have been severely affected. If this was not corrected, I would probably start a few breeding projects to obtain similar dragons of the scrys. ;-;
I had no idea that Flair was even bugged… [emoji=coatl deadpan size=1]
I had no idea that Flair was even bugged…
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
Hello folks, this is a forum moderation post. I do not have information or a statement to provide you at this time on this update; but please rest assured your constructive feedback has been heard and is actively being discussed even as I write this.

Okay, for the the forum moderation part:

You have every right to let us know you prefer the art error and every right to express your disappointment with us for not communicating it was an error in advance.

However, that does not make it okay to use targeted commentary, quote spamming, or make conspiratorial accusations towards us. Any further commentary of this nature will lead to a thread lock.

To everyone who has been and continues to be constructive, we sincerely thank you for your feedback, and apologize again for not communicating this was actually an error with a pending fix well in advance.
Hello folks, this is a forum moderation post. I do not have information or a statement to provide you at this time on this update; but please rest assured your constructive feedback has been heard and is actively being discussed even as I write this.

Okay, for the the forum moderation part:

You have every right to let us know you prefer the art error and every right to express your disappointment with us for not communicating it was an error in advance.

However, that does not make it okay to use targeted commentary, quote spamming, or make conspiratorial accusations towards us. Any further commentary of this nature will lead to a thread lock.

To everyone who has been and continues to be constructive, we sincerely thank you for your feedback, and apologize again for not communicating this was actually an error with a pending fix well in advance.
My project before: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/873766170614968320/923780638794977320/dragon.png[/img] What it looks like now: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/873766170614968320/925438357486575706/dragon.png[/img] put it back [i]please[/i]
My project before:

dragon.png

What it looks like now:

dragon.png

put it back please
sackname
~ ~ ~
|Wish List|
|Art Shop|
|Hatchery|
~ ~ ~
I'll give you ? if you give me this dragon
Yeah okay gonna add my own two cents in here: I don’t think it matters as much if it’s ‘consistent’ than if it looks nice. The point of different breeds is to have, y’know, different visuals, right?

Also yeah, why was this the ‘fix’ that was released rather than the other, older, and much more well-known errors? I’m incredibly new myself so I can only defer to the community about those but it looks like there’s a bunch of actually noticeably bugged genes that still haven’t been fixed instead of this, which I personally didn’t even realize was a bug and most other people didn’t either.

….And of course the thing with the whole advertisement for flaunt/flair. Using an obelisk. As the splash art.
Yep.

Hoo boy this is too long ok anyways please revert gene kthx
Yeah okay gonna add my own two cents in here: I don’t think it matters as much if it’s ‘consistent’ than if it looks nice. The point of different breeds is to have, y’know, different visuals, right?

Also yeah, why was this the ‘fix’ that was released rather than the other, older, and much more well-known errors? I’m incredibly new myself so I can only defer to the community about those but it looks like there’s a bunch of actually noticeably bugged genes that still haven’t been fixed instead of this, which I personally didn’t even realize was a bug and most other people didn’t either.

….And of course the thing with the whole advertisement for flaunt/flair. Using an obelisk. As the splash art.
Yep.

Hoo boy this is too long ok anyways please revert gene kthx
8aKVtucC_o.png
This just in: circuit has been broken all this time! The fade’s not supposed to be there, and it was supposed to add a lightbulb or two along the way so you know it works.

Gembond has been broken all this time! It’s supposed to look like little drops of jewelry actually, not rocks. Forget the lore btw.

Tiger has been broken all this time! It was meant to give patterns like a tiger shark, not an actual tiger.

Vipera? Looks a little too pointy, it’s been rounded out into circles.

Pymorph? Someone’s afraid of snakes, so it’s become a cloud and sparkle pattern instead.

Capsule? The liquid just seems kinda gross. It’s been decided to turn it into a two-tone gene so that half of it is one color and the half is its accent, sort of like a **** capsule instead.

Butterfly? White cabbage butterfly patterns look so much better, don’t you think?

Irishim? Well, that’s just irishim.

Anyways, changing genes that are already established and we had no indication they were broken is a bad idea.
This just in: circuit has been broken all this time! The fade’s not supposed to be there, and it was supposed to add a lightbulb or two along the way so you know it works.

Gembond has been broken all this time! It’s supposed to look like little drops of jewelry actually, not rocks. Forget the lore btw.

Tiger has been broken all this time! It was meant to give patterns like a tiger shark, not an actual tiger.

Vipera? Looks a little too pointy, it’s been rounded out into circles.

Pymorph? Someone’s afraid of snakes, so it’s become a cloud and sparkle pattern instead.

Capsule? The liquid just seems kinda gross. It’s been decided to turn it into a two-tone gene so that half of it is one color and the half is its accent, sort of like a **** capsule instead.

Butterfly? White cabbage butterfly patterns look so much better, don’t you think?

Irishim? Well, that’s just irishim.

Anyways, changing genes that are already established and we had no indication they were broken is a bad idea.
yahahahactoWWO2.png yahaha
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 54 55