Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 162 163
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-08-06 18:53:57" ] Quote: who broke from the naming theme of the parents and siblings and is named "Betsy" instead of "Aphrodite" when the dragons are named for Greek gods. I don't care if that name is randomized at birth. It's not the buyer's responsibility to make sure the seller's lineage looks "nice" or matches a theme. What does naming themes have to do with not wanting unnamed dragons? Unless the theme is "all unnamed" that ship isn't even in our harbor. People can name their dragons whatever they want. Except Unnamed. That's what this is about, not Sparklefart. [/quote] Also thank you this is my point exactly. Even now people can use a scroll of renaming and mess up a naming theme, so this was never the issue in the first place. But if someone Does Not Care if a dragon is named at all, why would it be a BAD thing if an unnamed dragon gets one when they get exalted? ALSO ALSO, an unnamed dragon messes up a naming theme just as much as a """wrong""" name does, and most players pre-name their fodder if they have a naming theme. Otherwise, how would you even have a theme? It could even be automatic where the site itself assigns a random name to any exalted unnamed dragons, if people are worried about other users getting butthurt over the random name not matching their theme. At that point there really would be no excuse not to pre-name your fodder, since all exalted dragons need names people shouldn't care if fodder comes pre-named or not. And any unhappy sellers who still chose not to pre-name their fodder have no grounds to say anything to the buyer about it (they shouldn't anyways because that's harassment, but this would be another deterrant to the people who might do it anyways). That way, nobody is forced to do anything and users won't get mad at the buyer. People who want to exalt an unnamed dragon for whatever reason can come up with a similar name that achieves the same goal. Like Nameless or Umnamed or something. Literally the only people affected are the tiny minority of people who want to exalt unnamed dragons intentionally for whatever reason, and there are simple workarounds for that
Almedha wrote on 2021-08-06 18:53:57:
Quote:
who broke from the naming theme of the parents and siblings and is named "Betsy" instead of "Aphrodite" when the dragons are named for Greek gods.
I don't care if that name is randomized at birth.
It's not the buyer's responsibility to make sure the seller's lineage looks "nice" or matches a theme.

What does naming themes have to do with not wanting unnamed dragons? Unless the theme is "all unnamed" that ship isn't even in our harbor. People can name their dragons whatever they want. Except Unnamed. That's what this is about, not Sparklefart.

Also thank you this is my point exactly. Even now people can use a scroll of renaming and mess up a naming theme, so this was never the issue in the first place. But if someone Does Not Care if a dragon is named at all, why would it be a BAD thing if an unnamed dragon gets one when they get exalted? ALSO ALSO, an unnamed dragon messes up a naming theme just as much as a """wrong""" name does, and most players pre-name their fodder if they have a naming theme. Otherwise, how would you even have a theme?

It could even be automatic where the site itself assigns a random name to any exalted unnamed dragons, if people are worried about other users getting butthurt over the random name not matching their theme. At that point there really would be no excuse not to pre-name your fodder, since all exalted dragons need names people shouldn't care if fodder comes pre-named or not. And any unhappy sellers who still chose not to pre-name their fodder have no grounds to say anything to the buyer about it (they shouldn't anyways because that's harassment, but this would be another deterrant to the people who might do it anyways). That way, nobody is forced to do anything and users won't get mad at the buyer.

People who want to exalt an unnamed dragon for whatever reason can come up with a similar name that achieves the same goal. Like Nameless or Umnamed or something. Literally the only people affected are the tiny minority of people who want to exalt unnamed dragons intentionally for whatever reason, and there are simple workarounds for that
3nB4rFV.png
9PCHmr6.png.....hdED1pW.png
My wishlist
[quote name="Vinnamah" date="2021-08-06 19:52:14" ] Jeez, someone is a little touchy about this. [b]Just say you're too lazy to name fodder and/or like the thought of possibly irritating someone by exalting their unnamed dragons and move on lol[/b] Nobody is forcing any kind of names besides the hypothetical suggestion of dragons needing literally any name before they get exalted. Also just because you don't personally experience a problem and can cite a 2-year-old probably-skewed poll that says ppl don't care about if fodder is named or not doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist [/quote] Let's leave the personal attacks out of this, yeah? They're not a good look for either of us. I don't spite exalt or spite name, I just [i]don't care[/i] about lineage lists that aren't my own or close friends, because caring about it stresses me out. Also: all you asked for was the links to the polls. If you're not happy with them, that's not my fault. You asked for the source, you can look at how they were conducted yourself. And yes, I am a bit [i]touchy[/i] about this. Because I'm [i]tired[/i], fam, of caring about other people's lineage lists and worrying if this fodder or that fodder is gonna be the one that gets me harassed again. I'm [i]Tired[/i] of people telling me what to do with [i]My[/i] Dragons, how to name them, and whether or not I get to train (or exalt) them! I'm [i]Tired[/i] of sellers shirking the responsibility of their lineages onto the buyers and getting upset when the buyers go "uh lol My Dragon Now? Leave me alone?" I've been dealing with the "Unnamed is Bad" discourse since 2014. Somehow sellers are [i]Still[/i] getting mad/sad/upset when they sell an unnamed dragon and it never gets named for whatever reason. [i]If you don't want unnameds, sell pre-named[/i]. I'm not a heavy exalter so until recently I tried [i]very[/i] hard to make sure that I was giving dragons I trained names that weren't awful, so as to avoid harassment. It was emotionally exhausting and drained my fun. So now I have a standard Fodder name, and people are just gonna have to deal with that if they suddenly have an entire clutch named "Voidling". The seller got their treasure. I got my dragon. What I do with that dragon is now 1000000% outside of the seller's control. Forcing names, [i]ANY[/i] sort of names, at [i]any[/i] point in the dragon's life, is forcing ONE play style ("Unnamed is Bad and no dragon should ever be Exalted that way") onto the [i]Entire[/i] Site. Which is Inherently Unfair to every other possible play style. It's a suggestion that has been made time and again. It's not a compromise between exalters and sellers like sellers seem to think. Thread topical, it's not even a compromise between those who want to train unnamed for Any reason, and sellers who care about their lineages. It's literally just the "Unnamed is Bad" crowd getting their way by forcing [i]Everyone Else to play their way. Because "Unnamed is Bad".[/i] I'm sorry if I seem agitated or angry, I'm not. I'm just [i]So Tired[/i] of Sellers who care about lineages trying to force the rest of us to play their way and take care of their lineages for them, instead of doing it themselves. If it's so easy to name a dragon, and you care so much, [i]Name it yourself.[/i]
Vinnamah wrote on 2021-08-06 19:52:14:
Jeez, someone is a little touchy about this. Just say you're too lazy to name fodder and/or like the thought of possibly irritating someone by exalting their unnamed dragons and move on lol

Nobody is forcing any kind of names besides the hypothetical suggestion of dragons needing literally any name before they get exalted. Also just because you don't personally experience a problem and can cite a 2-year-old probably-skewed poll that says ppl don't care about if fodder is named or not doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist

Let's leave the personal attacks out of this, yeah? They're not a good look for either of us. I don't spite exalt or spite name, I just don't care about lineage lists that aren't my own or close friends, because caring about it stresses me out.
Also: all you asked for was the links to the polls. If you're not happy with them, that's not my fault. You asked for the source, you can look at how they were conducted yourself.

And yes, I am a bit touchy about this. Because I'm tired, fam, of caring about other people's lineage lists and worrying if this fodder or that fodder is gonna be the one that gets me harassed again. I'm Tired of people telling me what to do with My Dragons, how to name them, and whether or not I get to train (or exalt) them! I'm Tired of sellers shirking the responsibility of their lineages onto the buyers and getting upset when the buyers go "uh lol My Dragon Now? Leave me alone?"
I've been dealing with the "Unnamed is Bad" discourse since 2014. Somehow sellers are Still getting mad/sad/upset when they sell an unnamed dragon and it never gets named for whatever reason. If you don't want unnameds, sell pre-named.
I'm not a heavy exalter so until recently I tried very hard to make sure that I was giving dragons I trained names that weren't awful, so as to avoid harassment. It was emotionally exhausting and drained my fun. So now I have a standard Fodder name, and people are just gonna have to deal with that if they suddenly have an entire clutch named "Voidling".
The seller got their treasure. I got my dragon. What I do with that dragon is now 1000000% outside of the seller's control.

Forcing names, ANY sort of names, at any point in the dragon's life, is forcing ONE play style ("Unnamed is Bad and no dragon should ever be Exalted that way") onto the Entire Site. Which is Inherently Unfair to every other possible play style.
It's a suggestion that has been made time and again.
It's not a compromise between exalters and sellers like sellers seem to think.
Thread topical, it's not even a compromise between those who want to train unnamed for Any reason, and sellers who care about their lineages.
It's literally just the "Unnamed is Bad" crowd getting their way by forcing Everyone Else to play their way. Because "Unnamed is Bad".

I'm sorry if I seem agitated or angry, I'm not. I'm just So Tired of Sellers who care about lineages trying to force the rest of us to play their way and take care of their lineages for them, instead of doing it themselves.
If it's so easy to name a dragon, and you care so much, Name it yourself.
#UnnamedIsValid
My pronouns are xe/xim/xir/xirself.
Wishlist on the dragon
61671499.png Dragon Purchase Preference Poll
Closes 12:01 server time. Sept 1st.
I feel like a lot of the suggestions being brought up in here should really be their own threads - and have often been.

I know I've seen auto-naming hatchlings (at hatch and exalt) in suggestions before. It... generally wasn't received well, but I know the threads exist if you'd like to search for them.

I can't recall if I've seen suggestion threads like Unnamed being replaced by IDs, offspring on a separate page, or other common suggestions on this thread, but they do deserve their own threads if they don't have them already.

While to a lot of people the topic has to do with exalt preferences, this thread is about Unnamed being usable in coliseum - just a game mechanic - and I think it's really difficult to parse to anyone new to the thread because it has so many topics going on in it.
I feel like a lot of the suggestions being brought up in here should really be their own threads - and have often been.

I know I've seen auto-naming hatchlings (at hatch and exalt) in suggestions before. It... generally wasn't received well, but I know the threads exist if you'd like to search for them.

I can't recall if I've seen suggestion threads like Unnamed being replaced by IDs, offspring on a separate page, or other common suggestions on this thread, but they do deserve their own threads if they don't have them already.

While to a lot of people the topic has to do with exalt preferences, this thread is about Unnamed being usable in coliseum - just a game mechanic - and I think it's really difficult to parse to anyone new to the thread because it has so many topics going on in it.
L7VN20N.png sh5xjiu.png
GFeO9bR.png
oczO35g.png
YMPbu9R.png
Absolutely no support for being forced to name a dragon before exalting or the site randomizing a name after a dragon is exalted. Dragons that are exalted still belong to the player that exalted them. There is nothing wrong with an Unnamed dragon and plenty of lore reasons to do so. Many players exalt their own offspring unnamed for a variety of reasons such as tracking lineages or to indicate offspring that aren’t actually part of their dragon’s lore or because they didnt sell. Names like NoName and Nameless do not have the same aesthetic or connotation as Unnamed.

Exalting unnamed is NOT lazy it’s a valid play style that harms nobody as the only person who can exalt a dragon is the owner of the dragon.

Players who dislike unnamed dragons have a foolproof way to prevent them—by naming the dragon while it still belongs to them. Once a dragon is named, it is impossible for another player to Unname them. If a seller is going to be bothered by unnamed offspring it is their responsibility to prevent them in their lists. Once a dragon leaves a player’s lair it no longer belongs to them. It is not the exalter or the site’s responsibility to look after a breeder’s offspring list; that is solely the breeder’s responsibility.

I will also say a prenamed dragon goes not stop me from buying a dragon if the dragon fits what I am looking for when it comes to Kepler dragons or dragons to be used in breeding projects . I can easily change a dragon’s name as renaming scrolls are cheap. Many of the dragons I’ve bought have had names, some of those dragons still have the name they came with. The only time a prenamed dragon may deter me is if there is an identical unnamed dragon for the same cost which rarely happens as I prefer XYZ dragons. And if the prenamed dragon has a name that is aesthetically pleasing to me, I’ll happily buy it instead of the unnamed dragon as it saves me the hassle of choosing a name. When it comes to fodder, I buy whatever is cheapest. The only exception to this is if I am helping in the final hours of a close dom push (which I rarely do as I am generally asleep then), and then I’ll have my filtering set to already named as it means one less step for me to train them in the coliseum

Training dragons unnamed makes sense since you can literally do anything else with an unnamed dragon. I do think however, before they allow unnamed dragons in the coliseum they introduce a way to prevent certain dragons from appearing in the coliseum list (as many players use the fact that unnamed dragons are ineligible as a way to pair down the list by selecting the option to show only the coliseum eligible dragons
Absolutely no support for being forced to name a dragon before exalting or the site randomizing a name after a dragon is exalted. Dragons that are exalted still belong to the player that exalted them. There is nothing wrong with an Unnamed dragon and plenty of lore reasons to do so. Many players exalt their own offspring unnamed for a variety of reasons such as tracking lineages or to indicate offspring that aren’t actually part of their dragon’s lore or because they didnt sell. Names like NoName and Nameless do not have the same aesthetic or connotation as Unnamed.

Exalting unnamed is NOT lazy it’s a valid play style that harms nobody as the only person who can exalt a dragon is the owner of the dragon.

Players who dislike unnamed dragons have a foolproof way to prevent them—by naming the dragon while it still belongs to them. Once a dragon is named, it is impossible for another player to Unname them. If a seller is going to be bothered by unnamed offspring it is their responsibility to prevent them in their lists. Once a dragon leaves a player’s lair it no longer belongs to them. It is not the exalter or the site’s responsibility to look after a breeder’s offspring list; that is solely the breeder’s responsibility.

I will also say a prenamed dragon goes not stop me from buying a dragon if the dragon fits what I am looking for when it comes to Kepler dragons or dragons to be used in breeding projects . I can easily change a dragon’s name as renaming scrolls are cheap. Many of the dragons I’ve bought have had names, some of those dragons still have the name they came with. The only time a prenamed dragon may deter me is if there is an identical unnamed dragon for the same cost which rarely happens as I prefer XYZ dragons. And if the prenamed dragon has a name that is aesthetically pleasing to me, I’ll happily buy it instead of the unnamed dragon as it saves me the hassle of choosing a name. When it comes to fodder, I buy whatever is cheapest. The only exception to this is if I am helping in the final hours of a close dom push (which I rarely do as I am generally asleep then), and then I’ll have my filtering set to already named as it means one less step for me to train them in the coliseum

Training dragons unnamed makes sense since you can literally do anything else with an unnamed dragon. I do think however, before they allow unnamed dragons in the coliseum they introduce a way to prevent certain dragons from appearing in the coliseum list (as many players use the fact that unnamed dragons are ineligible as a way to pair down the list by selecting the option to show only the coliseum eligible dragons
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Allllright let me try this one more time. [emoji=tundra deadpan size=1] [quote name="KitsuneXIII" date="2021-08-06 19:05:26" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-08-06 18:53:57" ] Quote: who broke from the naming theme of the parents and siblings and is named "Betsy" instead of "Aphrodite" when the dragons are named for Greek gods. I don't care if that name is randomized at birth. It's not the buyer's responsibility to make sure the seller's lineage looks "nice" or matches a theme. What does naming themes have to do with not wanting unnamed dragons? Unless the theme is "all unnamed" that ship isn't even in our harbor. People can name their dragons whatever they want. Except Unnamed. That's what this is about, not Sparklefart. [/quote] Because the core of the issue is the same: People trying to Force Names of any sort are trying to control what (if anything) other people name their dragons. That won't go away if Unnamed becomes Coli-accessible. It won't go away if forced naming at any point in a dragon's life becomes a thing. A lot of it might, but a lot of it will just shift to standardized fodder names. People get mad about fodder names almost as much as they get mad about Unnamed. Forced naming is not the solution, it's just shifting the responsibility of naming fodder from the sellers who care, to the buyers who have no reason or obligation to. [/quote] Quite the contrary. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything in regards to Unnamed dragons in the coliseum. People have just been accepting (or not accepting as the case may be) the way the game works. You have never not once in the history of the game been able to take Unnamed to coliseum, and nothing that I or anyone else has ever done is forcing you to name your dragon in order to train them. That's just the way the game work. None of the players are responsible for this state. That means that no player is forcing you to not train your Unnamed dragon. On the other hand, getting angry because I have a dragon with offspring named "uwu" is entirely my fault if I sold that dragon Unnamed. And that person had every right to name the dragon "uwu" and I am just as responsible for the name of that dragon as the person who named it. Also, I at least did suggest forced naming at selling. Which would, by definition, not shift the responsibility to anyone but the seller. Not a popular solution, still, but it addresses your issue.
Allllright let me try this one more time.
KitsuneXIII wrote on 2021-08-06 19:05:26:
Quote:
who broke from the naming theme of the parents and siblings and is named "Betsy" instead of "Aphrodite" when the dragons are named for Greek gods.
It's not the buyer's responsibility to make sure the seller's lineage looks "nice" or matches a theme.

What does naming themes have to do with not wanting unnamed dragons? Unless the theme is "all unnamed" that ship isn't even in our harbor. People can name their dragons whatever they want. Except Unnamed. That's what this is about, not Sparklefart.

Because the core of the issue is the same: People trying to Force Names of any sort are trying to control what (if anything) other people name their dragons. That won't go away if Unnamed becomes Coli-accessible. It won't go away if forced naming at any point in a dragon's life becomes a thing. A lot of it might, but a lot of it will just shift to standardized fodder names.
People get mad about fodder names almost as much as they get mad about Unnamed.
Forced naming is not the solution, it's just shifting the responsibility of naming fodder from the sellers who care, to the buyers who have no reason or obligation to.
Quite the contrary. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything in regards to Unnamed dragons in the coliseum. People have just been accepting (or not accepting as the case may be) the way the game works. You have never not once in the history of the game been able to take Unnamed to coliseum, and nothing that I or anyone else has ever done is forcing you to name your dragon in order to train them. That's just the way the game work. None of the players are responsible for this state. That means that no player is forcing you to not train your Unnamed dragon.

On the other hand, getting angry because I have a dragon with offspring named "uwu" is entirely my fault if I sold that dragon Unnamed. And that person had every right to name the dragon "uwu" and I am just as responsible for the name of that dragon as the person who named it.

Also, I at least did suggest forced naming at selling. Which would, by definition, not shift the responsibility to anyone but the seller. Not a popular solution, still, but it addresses your issue.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
I honestly don't know why you have trouble selling named fodder. I always name my fodder, and sell it and it always sells before the auction is up. Always.

I have also seen other people with the exact same stories, if they price competitively, then their fodder always sells, named or not.

Many exalters I have seen specifically say that they are glad for named fodder, because it means that it can be tossed directly into the coliseum and they don't have to worry about PM/comments about naming the dragon or about what they name it.

I have, in fact, only see a handful (and this is like literally 2 people in my entire time discussing this topic, both here and FRD) say they go out of their way to buy unnamed dragons. Most other people I have seen said they either don't care, or prefer named dragons.

Most of the time when I hear about dragons not selling, it is usually because they aren't priced competitively (which in a buyer's market, which FR is, you have to price competively), which means that it has nothing to do with the name, but rather the fact there are cheaper dragons out there that meet the criteria of the person buying (I am not saying this is the reason your dragons aren't selling, just what I have seen from others who have said their dragons don't sell)
I honestly don't know why you have trouble selling named fodder. I always name my fodder, and sell it and it always sells before the auction is up. Always.

I have also seen other people with the exact same stories, if they price competitively, then their fodder always sells, named or not.

Many exalters I have seen specifically say that they are glad for named fodder, because it means that it can be tossed directly into the coliseum and they don't have to worry about PM/comments about naming the dragon or about what they name it.

I have, in fact, only see a handful (and this is like literally 2 people in my entire time discussing this topic, both here and FRD) say they go out of their way to buy unnamed dragons. Most other people I have seen said they either don't care, or prefer named dragons.

Most of the time when I hear about dragons not selling, it is usually because they aren't priced competitively (which in a buyer's market, which FR is, you have to price competively), which means that it has nothing to do with the name, but rather the fact there are cheaper dragons out there that meet the criteria of the person buying (I am not saying this is the reason your dragons aren't selling, just what I have seen from others who have said their dragons don't sell)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Almedha" date="2021-08-06 21:21:14" ] Allllright let me try this one more time. [emoji=tundra deadpan size=1] [quote name="KitsuneXIII" date="2021-08-06 19:05:26" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2021-08-06 18:53:57" ] [quote name="KitsuneXIII"] [b]I will never support anything that forces a name onto a dragon at any point, because that will only result in more spite naming, crappy names, and would not lessen the harassment exalting lairs receive from Sellers who are mad that their precious xyz eyeburner was named "Nameless", "Mulch", "Sparklefart", "Umamed", "Urnamed" or, [/b]who broke from the naming theme of the parents and siblings and is named "Betsy" instead of "Aphrodite" when the dragons are named for Greek gods. I don't care if that name is randomized at birth. It's not the buyer's responsibility to make sure the seller's lineage looks "nice" or matches a theme. [/quote] What does naming themes have to do with not wanting unnamed dragons? Unless the theme is "all unnamed" that ship isn't even in our harbor. People can name their dragons whatever they want. Except Unnamed. That's what this is about, not Sparklefart. [/quote] Because the core of the issue is the same: People trying to Force Names of any sort are trying to control what (if anything) other people name their dragons. That won't go away if Unnamed becomes Coli-accessible. It won't go away if forced naming at any point in a dragon's life becomes a thing. A lot of it might, but a lot of it will just shift to standardized fodder names. People get mad about fodder names almost as much as they get mad about Unnamed. Forced naming is not the solution, it's just shifting the responsibility of naming fodder from the sellers who care, to the buyers who have no reason or obligation to. [/quote] Quite the contrary. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything in regards to Unnamed dragons in the coliseum. People have just been accepting (or not accepting as the case may be) the way the game works. You have never not once in the history of the game been able to take Unnamed to coliseum, and nothing that I or anyone else has ever done is forcing you to name your dragon in order to train them. That's just the way the game work. None of the players are responsible for this state. That means that no player is forcing you to not train your Unnamed dragon. On the other hand, getting angry because I have a dragon with offspring named "uwu" is entirely my fault if I sold that dragon Unnamed. And that person had every right to name the dragon "uwu" and I am just as responsible for the name of that dragon as the person who named it. Also, I at least did suggest forced naming at selling. Which would, by definition, not shift the responsibility to anyone but the seller. Not a popular solution, still, but it addresses your issue. [/quote] There I fixed the missing context for you. "Unnameds have never been allowed in the Coli": You're missing the point of "Let Unnameds Fight" being in the [i]suggestions forum[/i], fam. That's exactly what we're trying to change. Let Unnamed fight. You and the "Unnamed is bad crowd" keep trying to add caveats to that suggestion to force the rest of us to name dragons at [i]some[/i] point, in order to allow this, so yes: You're trying to force us to name our dragons if we want to use them in the Coli. [i]You[/i] in particular have been pushing for just a hard ban on whatever the default name is because... it's the default name, I guess. You haven't really been clear about why the default name shouldn't be allowed, whatever it may be. Whether it's an ID, Unnamed, or Fred, I don't see any reason the default name shouldn't be allowed in the coli. Forced naming at selling again only helps the minority of players; [i]the ones who care about lineage names[/i]. It[i] still[/i] forces the rest of us into their playstyle of "Unnamed is Bad", ergo only addressing part of my issue (the "it's on the seller part") while forcing another person's playstyle on us. [quote]On the other hand, getting angry because I have a dragon with offspring named "uwu" is entirely my fault if I sold that dragon Unnamed. And that person had every right to name the dragon "uwu" and I am just as responsible for the name of that dragon as the person who named it.[/quote] Yeah I uh. I've made this point. Repeatedly. About 10 pages ago when I was saying if people choose to name/rename dragons I've sold to something I find abhorrent I would just have to live with that because hey, I sold that dragon! It's not mine anymore! That said since you're determined to seemingly take my points out of context, I think you and I are done here.
Almedha wrote on 2021-08-06 21:21:14:
Allllright let me try this one more time.
KitsuneXIII wrote on 2021-08-06 19:05:26:
KitsuneXIII wrote:
I will never support anything that forces a name onto a dragon at any point, because that will only result in more spite naming, crappy names, and would not lessen the harassment exalting lairs receive from Sellers who are mad that their precious xyz eyeburner was named "Nameless", "Mulch", "Sparklefart", "Umamed", "Urnamed" or, who broke from the naming theme of the parents and siblings and is named "Betsy" instead of "Aphrodite" when the dragons are named for Greek gods.

Because the core of the issue is the same: People trying to Force Names of any sort are trying to control what (if anything) other people name their dragons. That won't go away if Unnamed becomes Coli-accessible. It won't go away if forced naming at any point in a dragon's life becomes a thing. A lot of it might, but a lot of it will just shift to standardized fodder names.
People get mad about fodder names almost as much as they get mad about Unnamed.
Forced naming is not the solution, it's just shifting the responsibility of naming fodder from the sellers who care, to the buyers who have no reason or obligation to.
Quite the contrary. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything in regards to Unnamed dragons in the coliseum. People have just been accepting (or not accepting as the case may be) the way the game works. You have never not once in the history of the game been able to take Unnamed to coliseum, and nothing that I or anyone else has ever done is forcing you to name your dragon in order to train them. That's just the way the game work. None of the players are responsible for this state. That means that no player is forcing you to not train your Unnamed dragon.

On the other hand, getting angry because I have a dragon with offspring named "uwu" is entirely my fault if I sold that dragon Unnamed. And that person had every right to name the dragon "uwu" and I am just as responsible for the name of that dragon as the person who named it.

Also, I at least did suggest forced naming at selling. Which would, by definition, not shift the responsibility to anyone but the seller. Not a popular solution, still, but it addresses your issue.

There I fixed the missing context for you.
"Unnameds have never been allowed in the Coli": You're missing the point of "Let Unnameds Fight" being in the suggestions forum, fam. That's exactly what we're trying to change. Let Unnamed fight.

You and the "Unnamed is bad crowd" keep trying to add caveats to that suggestion to force the rest of us to name dragons at some point, in order to allow this, so yes: You're trying to force us to name our dragons if we want to use them in the Coli.
You in particular have been pushing for just a hard ban on whatever the default name is because... it's the default name, I guess. You haven't really been clear about why the default name shouldn't be allowed, whatever it may be. Whether it's an ID, Unnamed, or Fred, I don't see any reason the default name shouldn't be allowed in the coli.

Forced naming at selling again only helps the minority of players; the ones who care about lineage names.
It still forces the rest of us into their playstyle of "Unnamed is Bad", ergo only addressing part of my issue (the "it's on the seller part") while forcing another person's playstyle on us.
Quote:
Yeah I uh. I've made this point. Repeatedly. About 10 pages ago when I was saying if people choose to name/rename dragons I've sold to something I find abhorrent I would just have to live with that because hey, I sold that dragon! It's not mine anymore!

That said since you're determined to seemingly take my points out of context, I think you and I are done here.
#UnnamedIsValid
Wishlist on the dragon
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-08-06 21:59:13" ] I honestly don't know why you have trouble selling named fodder. I always name my fodder, and sell it and it always sells before the auction is up. Always. I have also seen other people with the exact same stories, if they price competitively, then their fodder always sells, named or not. Many exalters I have seen specifically say that they are glad for named fodder, because it means that it can be tossed directly into the coliseum and they don't have to worry about PM/comments about naming the dragon or about what they name it. I have, in fact, only see a handful (and this is like literally 2 people in my entire time discussing this topic, both here and FRD) say they go out of their way to buy unnamed dragons. Most other people I have seen said they either don't care, or prefer named dragons. Most of the time when I hear about dragons not selling, it is usually because they aren't priced competitively (which in a buyer's market, which FR is, you have to price competively), which means that it has nothing to do with the name, but rather the fact there are cheaper dragons out there that meet the criteria of the person buying (I am not saying this is the reason your dragons aren't selling, just what I have seen from others who have said their dragons don't sell) [/quote] Yeah just gonna point to this cause I don't have a huge pony in this race but it's confusing to see someone say that... named doesn't sell???? I'm a breeder, I make most of my income from breeding dragons and selling the hatchlings. I ALWAYS name each and every one of the dragons I sell, even if they're from a pair I don't care about too wholly. Even if the dragon is butt ugly, or stupid pretty and expensive, I name it. And they sell very easily. I only have them sitting for more than a week max if I've strayed from usual routine by pricing higher. If you're not selling then it's probably your prices that are the problem, not the names :/ But I have no idea if I've supported this before, so I'm going to do so now. Unnamed should be allowed in the Coli IF there is no technical issue preventing this from happening. It's not on the buyer to make sure a dragon is named if that's what the seller really wants, because the seller should have named the dragon. If it's so easy, then do it instead of harrassing other players for not doing it. It won't affect your sell rates, I can promise you this again as a breeder who names all of their hatchlings before selling. But there are legit reasons for people to want to train an unnamed dragon, such as lore, so I see no harm in letting them. It's just a small itty bitty update that would make the game easier and more enjoyable for people as it gives them more opportunities to use the coli with different dragons.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-08-06 21:59:13:

Yeah just gonna point to this cause I don't have a huge pony in this race but it's confusing to see someone say that... named doesn't sell????
I'm a breeder, I make most of my income from breeding dragons and selling the hatchlings. I ALWAYS name each and every one of the dragons I sell, even if they're from a pair I don't care about too wholly. Even if the dragon is butt ugly, or stupid pretty and expensive, I name it.
And they sell very easily. I only have them sitting for more than a week max if I've strayed from usual routine by pricing higher. If you're not selling then it's probably your prices that are the problem, not the names :/

But I have no idea if I've supported this before, so I'm going to do so now.
Unnamed should be allowed in the Coli IF there is no technical issue preventing this from happening. It's not on the buyer to make sure a dragon is named if that's what the seller really wants, because the seller should have named the dragon. If it's so easy, then do it instead of harrassing other players for not doing it. It won't affect your sell rates, I can promise you this again as a breeder who names all of their hatchlings before selling.
But there are legit reasons for people to want to train an unnamed dragon, such as lore, so I see no harm in letting them. It's just a small itty bitty update that would make the game easier and more enjoyable for people as it gives them more opportunities to use the coli with different dragons.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I don't think I support this. While I do understand your viewpoint completely, I like something being in place to try and curb mass exalting unnamed dragons.

Yes, after you purchase them they are yours to do what you want with. Name anything, exalt, etc etc. However there was a huge topic basically telling breeders "you can't get mad if your dragons are getting exalted", so I think forcing them to be named before they can grind the coli isn't that bad of a middle-ground.

Yes, you can still exalt unnamed. However a lot of people doing dom pushes/exalting/etc like to run them through the coli first. Forcing them to name the dragon not only takes just a moment, but also helps curb the constant battle between "Please don't mass exalt my unnamed dragons" and "I can do what I want with them after they're mine because I bought them". Not to mention, I really don't think naming them before a coli battle is that big of a deal. All you have to do is go to your lair, click the little note-looking thing next to "unnamed" and then click random and confirm. It's really not too bad.

If you had to go to each dragon's page individually and name them, it would be another story. That is a lot of effort for 20+ unnamed dragons you're going to exalt.

TLDR, I dont agree simply for the fact that
A) It would add fuel to the fire between exalters/dom pushers and people who breed dragons and don't appreciate mass unnamed exalts
B) It's not hard to click on their name editor and hit "random" to give them a name. You don't even have to go to each dragons page individually.
I don't think I support this. While I do understand your viewpoint completely, I like something being in place to try and curb mass exalting unnamed dragons.

Yes, after you purchase them they are yours to do what you want with. Name anything, exalt, etc etc. However there was a huge topic basically telling breeders "you can't get mad if your dragons are getting exalted", so I think forcing them to be named before they can grind the coli isn't that bad of a middle-ground.

Yes, you can still exalt unnamed. However a lot of people doing dom pushes/exalting/etc like to run them through the coli first. Forcing them to name the dragon not only takes just a moment, but also helps curb the constant battle between "Please don't mass exalt my unnamed dragons" and "I can do what I want with them after they're mine because I bought them". Not to mention, I really don't think naming them before a coli battle is that big of a deal. All you have to do is go to your lair, click the little note-looking thing next to "unnamed" and then click random and confirm. It's really not too bad.

If you had to go to each dragon's page individually and name them, it would be another story. That is a lot of effort for 20+ unnamed dragons you're going to exalt.

A) It would add fuel to the fire between exalters/dom pushers and people who breed dragons and don't appreciate mass unnamed exalts
B) It's not hard to click on their name editor and hit "random" to give them a name. You don't even have to go to each dragons page individually.
Check out my Hatchery!
Click here.
[quote name="Plantcraft" date="2021-08-06 22:31:58" ] TLDR, I dont agree simply for the fact that A) It would add fuel to the fire between exalters/dom pushers and people who breed dragons and don't appreciate mass unnamed exalts B) It's not hard to click on their name editor and hit "random" to give them a name. You don't even have to go to each dragons page individually. [/quote] Regarding B speficially: the 5 seconds it takes to name a dragon can be the determining factor of a dom push. At least one Dom battle was won by a single dragon. So like, you're right it's not hard for Exalters to hit that button But it isn't hard for sellers, either, and sellers are the ones who care, so the onus is on them to do something about it. I know that's callus. I know it's not what sellers wanna hear. But it's the truth. Sellers need to take responsibility for their own issues, instead of foisting them onto the rest of the site to deal with. But I really don't think it should be a determining factor in whether or not Unnamed dragons can go in the Coli.
Plantcraft wrote on 2021-08-06 22:31:58:

Regarding B speficially: the 5 seconds it takes to name a dragon can be the determining factor of a dom push. At least one Dom battle was won by a single dragon.
So like, you're right it's not hard for Exalters to hit that button
But it isn't hard for sellers, either, and sellers are the ones who care, so the onus is on them to do something about it.
I know that's callus.
I know it's not what sellers wanna hear. But it's the truth. Sellers need to take responsibility for their own issues, instead of foisting them onto the rest of the site to deal with.

But I really don't think it should be a determining factor in whether or not Unnamed dragons can go in the Coli.
#UnnamedIsValid
Wishlist on the dragon
1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 162 163