Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Nature Subspecies: Lacquer-Luster
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@DawnsEmbrace

I will add you!
@DawnsEmbrace

I will add you!
@Smocksinabox These dragons are so pretty! could I be added to the pinglist?
@Smocksinabox These dragons are so pretty! could I be added to the pinglist?
Pronouns: they/she/he
My Lair Lives in Hibden
Whoa. These guys are heckin' pretty. I'll give this lore a read sometime (instead of skimming.) May invest.

Edit:

@Smocksinabox

1. I love you name.

2. Is there, perhaps, the possibility of lesser/pseudo Lacquer-Luster dragons popping up? Like, if they didn't hatch during Greenskeeper/Nature dom/RoR, but meet the color and gene requirements, or are another breed. Perhaps ones seeking to be counted among the Lacquer-Luster Mirrors, but rejected because they didn't "do it the right way"?

@SabotageTheAce

Check it -- more limited-breeding dragons! Thought you might be interested. :D
Whoa. These guys are heckin' pretty. I'll give this lore a read sometime (instead of skimming.) May invest.

Edit:

@Smocksinabox

1. I love you name.

2. Is there, perhaps, the possibility of lesser/pseudo Lacquer-Luster dragons popping up? Like, if they didn't hatch during Greenskeeper/Nature dom/RoR, but meet the color and gene requirements, or are another breed. Perhaps ones seeking to be counted among the Lacquer-Luster Mirrors, but rejected because they didn't "do it the right way"?

@SabotageTheAce

Check it -- more limited-breeding dragons! Thought you might be interested. :D
@Cryoluxa. THis is really neat. Thanks for sharing it with me. I appreciate it.
@Cryoluxa. THis is really neat. Thanks for sharing it with me. I appreciate it.
Hello.. I'm Sab, an RPer and worldbuilder. Please DM me on discord since I'm more active there. I'm 19 if that helps. Please don't dm me if you are a minor (ill be picky with 17 year old RPers, but 16 and under will not be accepted). Please ping me.
Big WIP. Sorry
@Cryoluxa

1. Thank you!

2. In the written lore it states: "...and tend to only manifest during the Greenskeeper Gathering, Nature Dominace, or -defiantly- during the Riot of Rot." Technically, there are no limitations on when or how often these guys can be bred.

When the subspecies originated I rather purposely chose breeding pairs that created hatchlings with genetic overlap close enough it was impossible to use any of them as potential breeding partners with one another - they would need a mate from a new line. This kept them fairly rare, or at least difficult/monotonous to make more accessible.
At the time there were not many dragons out there that would fit the bill (it took quite a while to establish the 3 breeding pairs from which this subspecies draws its origins), but I'm sure that is no longer true, so expanding the subspecies family tree should not be too difficult if someone wanted to try.

I like your concept! Honestly, FR is meant to accommodate imagination, and I don't really have any right or want to gatekeep, so if folks are interested in adapting lore that is fair game.

@flightandoptics
I will add you!
@Cryoluxa

1. Thank you!

2. In the written lore it states: "...and tend to only manifest during the Greenskeeper Gathering, Nature Dominace, or -defiantly- during the Riot of Rot." Technically, there are no limitations on when or how often these guys can be bred.

When the subspecies originated I rather purposely chose breeding pairs that created hatchlings with genetic overlap close enough it was impossible to use any of them as potential breeding partners with one another - they would need a mate from a new line. This kept them fairly rare, or at least difficult/monotonous to make more accessible.
At the time there were not many dragons out there that would fit the bill (it took quite a while to establish the 3 breeding pairs from which this subspecies draws its origins), but I'm sure that is no longer true, so expanding the subspecies family tree should not be too difficult if someone wanted to try.

I like your concept! Honestly, FR is meant to accommodate imagination, and I don't really have any right or want to gatekeep, so if folks are interested in adapting lore that is fair game.

@flightandoptics
I will add you!
@Smocksinabox Sounds fun! I want to make sure you're okay with anything I do involving these dragons, though, so if I wind up finding one I'd like to talk to you about, then we can talk about it then. That said... I do have an idea for a variation. I'm the owner and founder of the Hoshizakura subspecies: another tree/forest/grove-based subspecies involving sakura and starwood trees. What if we collaborated on a variation involving both of our subspecies? Something like this, perhaps. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=106&bodygene=17&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=66&tertgene=73&winggene=17&wings=106&auth=14bbf9a051cfd2349b469deaeb05350e6c97b779&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Clay/Clay/Pink, Metallic/Alloy/Koi. (This is just one example; we can adjust the tert, I'm sure. I just like this for the Hoshizakura since this Koi has pinks with touches of blue and Clay has pink/purple hues in it.) So, same concept: dragons using that Nature ritual of the Lacquer-Luster dragons, but in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60325175]Astarrea[/url]'s territory, resulting in adapting more to the trees found there than the trees found in the Viridian Labyrinth. And since it's in the Arcane territory, the dragons would have Arcane eyes.
@Smocksinabox

Sounds fun! I want to make sure you're okay with anything I do involving these dragons, though, so if I wind up finding one I'd like to talk to you about, then we can talk about it then. That said... I do have an idea for a variation.

I'm the owner and founder of the Hoshizakura subspecies: another tree/forest/grove-based subspecies involving sakura and starwood trees. What if we collaborated on a variation involving both of our subspecies? Something like this, perhaps.

dragon?age=0&body=106&bodygene=17&breed=3&element=9&eyetype=9&gender=0&tert=66&tertgene=73&winggene=17&wings=106&auth=14bbf9a051cfd2349b469deaeb05350e6c97b779&dummyext=prev.png

Clay/Clay/Pink, Metallic/Alloy/Koi. (This is just one example; we can adjust the tert, I'm sure. I just like this for the Hoshizakura since this Koi has pinks with touches of blue and Clay has pink/purple hues in it.) So, same concept: dragons using that Nature ritual of the Lacquer-Luster dragons, but in Astarrea's territory, resulting in adapting more to the trees found there than the trees found in the Viridian Labyrinth. And since it's in the Arcane territory, the dragons would have Arcane eyes.
@Cryoluxa

I would love to do a collaboration - I really like the look of the potential subspecies.
Do you have a friend/ally in the Arcane Flight that is willing to provide a nest to source hatchlings for such a project?
@Cryoluxa

I would love to do a collaboration - I really like the look of the potential subspecies.
Do you have a friend/ally in the Arcane Flight that is willing to provide a nest to source hatchlings for such a project?
@Smocksinabox

Not for this, no. For now, we'd just have to list it as a variant in both of our subspecies and write up the lore. If someone comes forward with a pair, the great! Otherwise, I think it's better to show the concept so that people are aware of it, and see who comes up with what. But that's just my take on it; what do you think?
@Smocksinabox

Not for this, no. For now, we'd just have to list it as a variant in both of our subspecies and write up the lore. If someone comes forward with a pair, the great! Otherwise, I think it's better to show the concept so that people are aware of it, and see who comes up with what. But that's just my take on it; what do you think?
@Cryoluxa

Sounds good to me.
@Cryoluxa

Sounds good to me.
id like to be added to all pinglists pls!
id like to be added to all pinglists pls!
z0d96Tv.png peri, he/him
adult
fr time
quitting/gone
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10