Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 199 200
i understand people are genuinely upset over the devaluation of their items (which, frankly, the value was player determined and not something inherent to the site's structure, the devs aren't cheating anyone out of anything) and the waste of real world money they've spent... but i simply can't relate! pretty eyes go brrrr haha
i understand people are genuinely upset over the devaluation of their items (which, frankly, the value was player determined and not something inherent to the site's structure, the devs aren't cheating anyone out of anything) and the waste of real world money they've spent... but i simply can't relate! pretty eyes go brrrr haha
tumblr_o0zgjww6bU1u3wsjco7_250.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-05-03 15:29:53" ] [quote name="@AbsoluteZeroK" date="2021-05-03 15:25:25" ] I'm bittersweet about this update. I love that I can now put any eye type I want on my dragons, but at the same time this 100% takes away the specialness about Primal. Primal is FAR TOO CHEAP. It really needs to be gem and like, 2000g like Wildclaw and Coatl are. Keep Primal special! There's no joy in hatching nests/eggs, now to see if you got a rare eye. You can just slap a cheap vial on it to make it primal. :( [/quote] Who knows maybe we will get even more new special eyes instead. Who’s to say we won’t get more flight exclusive eye types going forward that also break line art and can subjectivity be far more valuable. There’s so many possibilities for newer and better eye types going forward it’s best not to dwell on primal as it is but instead to look forward to all the cool new ideas staff may give us later on. [/quote] IF that's actually the case, then they released these backwards. Because, why would you want to upset and piss off a fairly decent sized portion of your player base, where some will stop buying gems or will play/spend less now because G1's and egg prices plummet and their dragons are valued much less.... That would just be stupid. Any sane devs would know not to release in that order. You release the shiny new, higher value eye type first and then de-value Primal. You don't shoot yourself in the foot.
Mystiek wrote on 2021-05-03 15:29:53:
@AbsoluteZeroK wrote on 2021-05-03 15:25:25:
I'm bittersweet about this update.

I love that I can now put any eye type I want on my dragons, but at the same time this 100% takes away the specialness about Primal. Primal is FAR TOO CHEAP.

It really needs to be gem and like, 2000g like Wildclaw and Coatl are.

Keep Primal special!

There's no joy in hatching nests/eggs, now to see if you got a rare eye. You can just slap a cheap vial on it to make it primal. :(

Who knows maybe we will get even more new special eyes instead. Who’s to say we won’t get more flight exclusive eye types going forward that also break line art and can subjectivity be far more valuable.

There’s so many possibilities for newer and better eye types going forward it’s best not to dwell on primal as it is but instead to look forward to all the cool new ideas staff may give us later on.

IF that's actually the case, then they released these backwards. Because, why would you want to upset and **** off a fairly decent sized portion of your player base, where some will stop buying gems or will play/spend less now because G1's and egg prices plummet and their dragons are valued much less....

That would just be stupid. Any sane devs would know not to release in that order. You release the shiny new, higher value eye type first and then de-value Primal. You don't shoot yourself in the foot.
WpjbI2U.gif
So excited about this!!!
So excited about this!!!
aaaaaaaaaa thanks so much for doing this!! looking forward to experimenting more with different eye types :^)
aaaaaaaaaa thanks so much for doing this!! looking forward to experimenting more with different eye types :^)
BEXx3Jf.gifarcanist.png
I'm very happy with this change/addition, and it seems to have been implemented nicely.

I've definitely had a good time with the Breeding-surprise Eyes aspect - got a few nice ones that worked just the way you guys thought; they stayed on where I might have just Exalted them - but it's really cool that the problems/frustrations with the system were acknowledged and worked on ^_^

Haven't seen the new Eyes just yet, but looking forward to them!

Just...Thank you FR staff, you guys are so great! Always trying to make our experience better.
I'm very happy with this change/addition, and it seems to have been implemented nicely.

I've definitely had a good time with the Breeding-surprise Eyes aspect - got a few nice ones that worked just the way you guys thought; they stayed on where I might have just Exalted them - but it's really cool that the problems/frustrations with the system were acknowledged and worked on ^_^

Haven't seen the new Eyes just yet, but looking forward to them!

Just...Thank you FR staff, you guys are so great! Always trying to make our experience better.
HzGpUHb.png
And this is the day I started a project with Faceted eyes in the goal... thank you so much! Like just, thanks. So much. Can’t believe people are complaining about this.
And this is the day I started a project with Faceted eyes in the goal... thank you so much! Like just, thanks. So much. Can’t believe people are complaining about this.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
oh my goodnesssss, this is a great compromise for many different play styles and I love it.
oh my goodnesssss, this is a great compromise for many different play styles and I love it.
LMLA6wg.png ZaWqaad.gif she/her
fr+15
sales thread
[quote name="BrandonFlowers" date="2021-05-03 15:23:17" ] This is an awesome update. I get being disappointed about the value of things you've hoarded being knocked down, but maybe stop and think that this benefits everyone in the long run? I really cannot believe there's so much outrage about this. But some people are never happy, lol. [/quote] We all know this update, on the grand scheme of things benefits everyone - especially the young and/or casual players. [i]And that is great.[/i] However, the disappointment and anger does not come from that. It comes from the fact that these folks feel betrayed by this update: the staff has noted multiple times that they have no intention to rework the eye-type system ((and that scattersights will not return)). But this update does *exactly* that - it changes the eye type system essentially works - even if the mechanics themselves have not been modified. And of course, no one was forced to put real money to get gems, to get scattersights so they can finally have their dream dragon. It was a conscientious choice, but it was made [u]in the good faith that what the staff said shall be so[/u]. People decided to support this site, because they like it - they have every right to be upset, and they have every right to be heard. People joke about imperial scrolls now, but after the devs went back (or to be precise around) their word like this we can only wonder how and when they will find a loophole to bring back imperial items - because, let's face it, we all know that would make a LOT of money. The main problem with this update (and how it was communicated) is that it erodes trust. And while nothing detrimental will come out of that in the long run for FR itself, it is not healthy for us as human beings at the other end of our pixel dragons. [right]peace.[/right]
BrandonFlowers wrote on 2021-05-03 15:23:17:
This is an awesome update. I get being disappointed about the value of things you've hoarded being knocked down, but maybe stop and think that this benefits everyone in the long run? I really cannot believe there's so much outrage about this. But some people are never happy, lol.

We all know this update, on the grand scheme of things benefits everyone - especially the young and/or casual players. And that is great.

However, the disappointment and anger does not come from that.
It comes from the fact that these folks feel betrayed by this update: the staff has noted multiple times that they have no intention to rework the eye-type system ((and that scattersights will not return)). But this update does *exactly* that - it changes the eye type system essentially works - even if the mechanics themselves have not been modified.

And of course, no one was forced to put real money to get gems, to get scattersights so they can finally have their dream dragon. It was a conscientious choice, but it was made in the good faith that what the staff said shall be so.
People decided to support this site, because they like it - they have every right to be upset, and they have every right to be heard.

People joke about imperial scrolls now, but after the devs went back (or to be precise around) their word like this we can only wonder how and when they will find a loophole to bring back imperial items - because, let's face it, we all know that would make a LOT of money.

The main problem with this update (and how it was communicated) is that it erodes trust. And while nothing detrimental will come out of that in the long run for FR itself, it is not healthy for us as human beings at the other end of our pixel dragons.
peace.
cm_icn.png sig.png

Censorship is never the ______
Would it be too much to hope for that primal was removed as an obtainable eye vial and made the ONLY one that you now HAD to use a scattersight for? Sure, it’d still give the “failed” opportunities of the original eyes, but that way it does give it SOME value again. There’s clearly enough people dumping them out right now for cheap it’d be easy to be obtained and give the retired item an actual purpose again.
Would it be too much to hope for that primal was removed as an obtainable eye vial and made the ONLY one that you now HAD to use a scattersight for? Sure, it’d still give the “failed” opportunities of the original eyes, but that way it does give it SOME value again. There’s clearly enough people dumping them out right now for cheap it’d be easy to be obtained and give the retired item an actual purpose again.
klhJnOF.gifba8be269b2f2bc4bb37fc54e44ba68802dcf6d72.gifJc6ZU5D.png9YaT5lY.gifpuJggFR.gif
So prettty!!
So prettty!!
ACOZFAh.png 5iXiC8z.pngcQS6PnX.png
1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 199 200