Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 199 200
SCREM!
SCREM!
D9XjOpZ.jpg
[quote name="AeonsMusings" date="2021-05-03 15:54:22" ] Would it be too much to hope for that primal was removed as an obtainable eye vial and made the ONLY one that you now HAD to use a scattersight for? Sure, it’d still give the “failed” opportunities of the original eyes, but that way it does give it SOME value again. There’s clearly enough people dumping them out right now for cheap it’d be easy to be obtained and give the retired item an actual purpose again. [/quote] it would be too much yes [emoji=rainbow size=1]
AeonsMusings wrote on 2021-05-03 15:54:22:
Would it be too much to hope for that primal was removed as an obtainable eye vial and made the ONLY one that you now HAD to use a scattersight for? Sure, it’d still give the “failed” opportunities of the original eyes, but that way it does give it SOME value again. There’s clearly enough people dumping them out right now for cheap it’d be easy to be obtained and give the retired item an actual purpose again.
it would be too much yes
rLM2h8D.png
Yes!!! ;o; I've had breeding projects that lasted a year or more to get the eye type I wanted, now I'll have it!
Honestly, I'm just mostly excited to be able to get my older dragons the eyes I've wanted since the original update (but couldn't afford the scatters).

T H A N K Y O U F R T E A M
Yes!!! ;o; I've had breeding projects that lasted a year or more to get the eye type I wanted, now I'll have it!
Honestly, I'm just mostly excited to be able to get my older dragons the eyes I've wanted since the original update (but couldn't afford the scatters).

T H A N K Y O U F R T E A M
It's gonna make breeding dragons _slightly_ less interesting, but that's more than offset by the ability to add that sprinkle of perfection to a few dragons (some very old!) I always wanted specific eyes on.

Value is subjective, pretty dragons go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
It's gonna make breeding dragons _slightly_ less interesting, but that's more than offset by the ability to add that sprinkle of perfection to a few dragons (some very old!) I always wanted specific eyes on.

Value is subjective, pretty dragons go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
he is going to eat your cursorthat sure is a dragonto the endless gardenwould a loving god have created spiral anatomy?wherein I try to draw my lairbuy these dragons before they eat all my foodthere's nothing in this book. you've been had.accent shop
Alright-
Replying again, as I read through quite a few replies that express negative opinions regarding this update-

So, with the people who are upset about any still existing scatter vials becoming near worthless and also having spent real money and loads of gems to get their hands on primal gen1s? I totally understand why they're upset. Though I never hoarded any scatter vials or actually bought any primal gen1s myself(The one I do have, I hatched myself on pure luck), I get that must be a real slap to the face. To put so much in an RNG item meant to never return, or to buy an incredibly expensive dragon...oooonly for an easier method of getting the desired feature to show up on dragons, later on.

And I am sorry for ya'll. /gen

However, the people who are talking about how this update will completely crash the market for primal gen1s and make such dragons become worthless? I feel like saying such isss...over-exaggerating it? A lot? I'd understand people saying that the scatter vials will become worthless, because the use of those has been completely lost. And if the primal vials were to be much cheaper, then yeah I'd understand people saying that primal gen1s are going to have the same worth as say a common-eyed gen1.

But that's not the case. Primal vials currently go for 500kt when at full price on the Marketplace. And for the typical player, that is not at all cheap. Yes, the market for primal gen1s is probably going to drop some, that is likely to happen because of this. But I really don't see it completely crashing. And I also don't really see people casually applying a 500kt item on a dragon just to sell it at a much lower price, because it wouldn't be worth it at all. Maybe that's just me, I dunno.

As for I feel about the update, I quite like it. The two new eye types are real nice(love how pastel could work really well for albinos-), and the addition of those vials is handy. Beats having to just hope to have a streak of luck and get a good eye type in the event that I do want to do a breeding project. RNG is cruel-

You're still free to disagree with me, so long as you don't get rude with me or others. Just wanted to put in my two cents.
Alright-
Replying again, as I read through quite a few replies that express negative opinions regarding this update-

So, with the people who are upset about any still existing scatter vials becoming near worthless and also having spent real money and loads of gems to get their hands on primal gen1s? I totally understand why they're upset. Though I never hoarded any scatter vials or actually bought any primal gen1s myself(The one I do have, I hatched myself on pure luck), I get that must be a real slap to the face. To put so much in an RNG item meant to never return, or to buy an incredibly expensive dragon...oooonly for an easier method of getting the desired feature to show up on dragons, later on.

And I am sorry for ya'll. /gen

However, the people who are talking about how this update will completely crash the market for primal gen1s and make such dragons become worthless? I feel like saying such isss...over-exaggerating it? A lot? I'd understand people saying that the scatter vials will become worthless, because the use of those has been completely lost. And if the primal vials were to be much cheaper, then yeah I'd understand people saying that primal gen1s are going to have the same worth as say a common-eyed gen1.

But that's not the case. Primal vials currently go for 500kt when at full price on the Marketplace. And for the typical player, that is not at all cheap. Yes, the market for primal gen1s is probably going to drop some, that is likely to happen because of this. But I really don't see it completely crashing. And I also don't really see people casually applying a 500kt item on a dragon just to sell it at a much lower price, because it wouldn't be worth it at all. Maybe that's just me, I dunno.

As for I feel about the update, I quite like it. The two new eye types are real nice(love how pastel could work really well for albinos-), and the addition of those vials is handy. Beats having to just hope to have a streak of luck and get a good eye type in the event that I do want to do a breeding project. RNG is cruel-

You're still free to disagree with me, so long as you don't get rude with me or others. Just wanted to put in my two cents.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1p228Q1tfmvub_100.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAurora/Lilith
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWind Flight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+1 FR time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Carrd
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifEnfield Subspecies
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Shop
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSeal Credit
Who cares about the market yay availability
Who cares about the market yay availability
[quote name="Hnai" date="2021-05-03 15:28:57" ] People saying 500kt is too cheap don't take casual players and minors who can't spend real life money in the site into consideration. Today i have an art shop and can ocasionally purchase a little bit of gems, but for players who rely only on in-game mechanics (like breeding, playing games, etc) it might take a really long time to complete a project that has special eyes, even with vials. I'm sorry for the more rich players who lost the value of their dragons, but also i'm happy that minors, casual players, new players and just anyone who doesn't have a billion gems can have fun now [/quote] This. As a minor and a 'not exactly casual but definitely not hardcore' player I love this update. Am I a bit miffed that I spent so much in-game time breeding to get a specific eye type only to have an update a few months later make all that irrelevant? Yes, but I had fun while doing so. With this update now people who don't want to spend real cash on this game and/or have constant bad RNG can customize it to exactly how they want. Will it require some in-game work and a bunch of time for casual players to get 500kt? Oh yeah, I barely have 500kt and I use coli and fairgrounds all the time. It isn't going to your local 99 cent store and pick up your own primal vial, there is some work that needs to be put in. I understand that the people who spent real money on a dragon breeding game might be upset that they spent so much on gems for scattering, but it's also putting money into a game that is in constant development. In the long run, though I think that this update is for the better.
Hnai wrote on 2021-05-03 15:28:57:
People saying 500kt is too cheap don't take casual players and minors who can't spend real life money in the site into consideration. Today i have an art shop and can ocasionally purchase a little bit of gems, but for players who rely only on in-game mechanics (like breeding, playing games, etc) it might take a really long time to complete a project that has special eyes, even with vials.

I'm sorry for the more rich players who lost the value of their dragons, but also i'm happy that minors, casual players, new players and just anyone who doesn't have a billion gems can have fun now
This. As a minor and a 'not exactly casual but definitely not hardcore' player I love this update. Am I a bit miffed that I spent so much in-game time breeding to get a specific eye type only to have an update a few months later make all that irrelevant? Yes, but I had fun while doing so. With this update now people who don't want to spend real cash on this game and/or have constant bad RNG can customize it to exactly how they want. Will it require some in-game work and a bunch of time for casual players to get 500kt? Oh yeah, I barely have 500kt and I use coli and fairgrounds all the time. It isn't going to your local 99 cent store and pick up your own primal vial, there is some work that needs to be put in.

I understand that the people who spent real money on a dragon breeding game might be upset that they spent so much on gems for scattering, but it's also putting money into a game that is in constant development. In the long run, though I think that this update is for the better.
Wonderful update! Thanks!!
Wonderful update! Thanks!!
hc7MLaK.png
Hurray, I can get the eyes I want on my existing dragons!
Hurray, I can get the eyes I want on my existing dragons!
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
HOLY CRAP I am so excited for this update!! I've had so many projects I've had to 'settle' on out of sheer frustration or just skip out on entirely but now I can actually complete them or pick them back up. And I can get my favorite eye type (faceted) on as many dragons as I want so that just brings me...an unbelievable amount of joy.

Thank you so much FR team!! I know the original updates were.....a little rough, but I cannot express how much I truly appreciate all of this 8''''D
HOLY CRAP I am so excited for this update!! I've had so many projects I've had to 'settle' on out of sheer frustration or just skip out on entirely but now I can actually complete them or pick them back up. And I can get my favorite eye type (faceted) on as many dragons as I want so that just brings me...an unbelievable amount of joy.

Thank you so much FR team!! I know the original updates were.....a little rough, but I cannot express how much I truly appreciate all of this 8''''D
UEKFohX.png
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 199 200