Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 199 200
Hmm, feel mixed about this. Very happy the scattersight issue was addressed, but honestly I feel like the price point for the rarest eyes in the game is pretty low. Primal eyes at a much higher price, like 2.5 mil treasure+, would make them eventually attainable to people who really wanna save for it, but more in line for an eye type that people literally sunk 50kg+ trying to get on their existing dragons. Plus it would have been a nice treasure sink too. WC and coatl scrolls are 2kg on the gem MP...why not have a equivalently expensive treasure item?
Hmm, feel mixed about this. Very happy the scattersight issue was addressed, but honestly I feel like the price point for the rarest eyes in the game is pretty low. Primal eyes at a much higher price, like 2.5 mil treasure+, would make them eventually attainable to people who really wanna save for it, but more in line for an eye type that people literally sunk 50kg+ trying to get on their existing dragons. Plus it would have been a nice treasure sink too. WC and coatl scrolls are 2kg on the gem MP...why not have a equivalently expensive treasure item?
Okay. Here is my honest feedback about the update as a primal collecting lair

Positive consequences:
-- no need to waste so much time in the AH
-- no need to settle for a dragon with the wrong tert ever again
-- no need to spend 3kg on geneing your dragons
-- no pressure on missing your dream dragon if you're offline for half a month.
-- no bimonthly hatemail if you resell anything
-- no cursed breeding projects

Sitewise:
-- rip to pricing confusion. With the cost of a vial defined, primals finally have a "set" value.
-- expecting inflation to slow down with that bubble burst. I'm not an econ major, though.

Personally:
Did I lose all my money with G2 investments? Nope. I actually gained tens of thousands of gems if you cut out all those geneing projects!

What is a major loss is that I recently spend all my year long savings on G1 additions (35kg). Can't really mourn it though since this update was completely unpredictable. I don't collect primals because they're rare either, just out of love for the aesthetic. I'm glad they're not a limited "item" anymore and that we can all enjoy them in the future.
Okay. Here is my honest feedback about the update as a primal collecting lair

Positive consequences:
-- no need to waste so much time in the AH
-- no need to settle for a dragon with the wrong tert ever again
-- no need to spend 3kg on geneing your dragons
-- no pressure on missing your dream dragon if you're offline for half a month.
-- no bimonthly hatemail if you resell anything
-- no cursed breeding projects

Sitewise:
-- rip to pricing confusion. With the cost of a vial defined, primals finally have a "set" value.
-- expecting inflation to slow down with that bubble burst. I'm not an econ major, though.

Personally:
Did I lose all my money with G2 investments? Nope. I actually gained tens of thousands of gems if you cut out all those geneing projects!

What is a major loss is that I recently spend all my year long savings on G1 additions (35kg). Can't really mourn it though since this update was completely unpredictable. I don't collect primals because they're rare either, just out of love for the aesthetic. I'm glad they're not a limited "item" anymore and that we can all enjoy them in the future.
If I posted it, I'm subbed!
[quote name="Ahriman" date="2021-05-03 09:33:41" ] It may sound brutal, but if you decide to buy something in game for real currency, you should remember it's litteraly bunch of pixels you can loose in a day or less. And it comes from broke as heck ex gamer who lost sanity and cash on eve online. [/quote] THIS. Like, to be honest, one day, hopefully years and years from now, FR [i]will[/i] eventually shut down. [i]THEN[/i] where has all these people complaining's money gone to, eh?
Ahriman wrote on 2021-05-03 09:33:41:
It may sound brutal, but if you decide to buy something in game for real currency, you should remember it's litteraly bunch of pixels you can loose in a day or less.

And it comes from broke as heck ex gamer who lost sanity and cash on eve online.
THIS. Like, to be honest, one day, hopefully years and years from now, FR will eventually shut down. THEN where has all these people complaining's money gone to, eh?
littlemen.png Check out my sell tab! I guarantee there are always at least 15 dragons there and they are almost never more than 50g!
shame it took so long to do this, i wish it was done from day one or that the eye scatters just never retired... forever an addition to baldwin tbh
however i'm really glad for this update finally happening, it was long overdue! yes i lost money too, this but everyone can finally change old dragons without spending an absurd amount of money with the scattersights going up on price every month. they were what, 900g per? i sold mine back in december for 600g lol it just was going to go up forever

this is good in the long run, people will get used to it
shame it took so long to do this, i wish it was done from day one or that the eye scatters just never retired... forever an addition to baldwin tbh
however i'm really glad for this update finally happening, it was long overdue! yes i lost money too, this but everyone can finally change old dragons without spending an absurd amount of money with the scattersights going up on price every month. they were what, 900g per? i sold mine back in december for 600g lol it just was going to go up forever

this is good in the long run, people will get used to it
Drakengard.gif
Thank you for this blessed update <3
Thank you for this blessed update <3
Art_shop.png
I wish y'all had done this from the beginning, but hey, late is better than never! Thanks :)
I wish y'all had done this from the beginning, but hey, late is better than never! Thanks :)
tumblr_my7hhrJmDO1sr5klvo1_500.gif
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!
Yesssssss!!!!!!!!
[quote name="Hippotang" date="2021-05-03 09:32:00" ] YES! I was gone during the 'eyepocalypse', and when I was told about it, I thought it sounded like a bad idea. Then I came back, and I was really disappointed with the system. I am so happy to see we have a way to apply eyes to our dragons! I'm also glad natural eyes can still be random in hatching - means people can have their fun with random chance, people can choose to purposefully have a harder challenge, and I think it can make for some really cool lore opportunities. I know I already have ideas for naturally-acquired eyes versus applied! [/quote] Very much agreed! Thanks, devs!
Hippotang wrote on 2021-05-03 09:32:00:
YES!

I was gone during the 'eyepocalypse', and when I was told about it, I thought it sounded like a bad idea. Then I came back, and I was really disappointed with the system. I am so happy to see we have a way to apply eyes to our dragons!

I'm also glad natural eyes can still be random in hatching - means people can have their fun with random chance, people can choose to purposefully have a harder challenge, and I think it can make for some really cool lore opportunities. I know I already have ideas for naturally-acquired eyes versus applied!
Very much agreed! Thanks, devs!
coH7AEL.png
[quote name="Apfelgriebs" date="2021-05-03 09:14:55" ] Wow, this is a spit in the face of every player who bought Vials of Scattersight via auction house. When they were released, it was told over and over again that they would never appear again. So I invested nearly everything I had (which was a converted sum of maybe 50,000 - 70,000 gems) in Vials of Scattersight and of course the price went up. Now they they're not even at 10 % of their value before the update. [/quote] Sorry, I know it sucks, and I also agree that scattersights are frustrating and shouldn't have been introduced in the first place. But "invest everything you have in one single item" is never ever good advice in literally any situation. It's like, the punchline of bad investments.
Apfelgriebs wrote on 2021-05-03 09:14:55:
Wow, this is a spit in the face of every player who bought Vials of Scattersight via auction house. When they were released, it was told over and over again that they would never appear again. So I invested nearly everything I had (which was a converted sum of maybe 50,000 - 70,000 gems) in Vials of Scattersight and of course the price went up. Now they they're not even at 10 % of their value before the update.

Sorry, I know it sucks, and I also agree that scattersights are frustrating and shouldn't have been introduced in the first place. But "invest everything you have in one single item" is never ever good advice in literally any situation. It's like, the punchline of bad investments.
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
Okay now this, Is kinda pog [emoji=imperial love size=1]
Okay now this,
Is kinda pog
BnSOTCe.pngXgUSVnT.png0BV9psg.pngonxvVRq.png
W0KmE8n.png4Qkxmbq.pngGFHiEoW.pngCpwxLkk.png
1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 199 200