Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 199 200
[quote name="PlatinumDream" date="2021-05-03 09:11:33" ] FR is a dragon customization and collection game [/quote] Agreed. I actually really hate the breeding game model that so many pet sites have now so the fewer things that are rng the better imo. I actually think the vials are too cheap, though. I haven't seen anyone that actually really cares about g2+ rare eyes and g1 rare eyed dragons are almost always hideous because of their randomized colors and are basically only good if they're scattered and aren't actually really worth as much as they are atm.
PlatinumDream wrote on 2021-05-03 09:11:33:
FR is a dragon customization and collection game

Agreed. I actually really hate the breeding game model that so many pet sites have now so the fewer things that are rng the better imo. I actually think the vials are too cheap, though.

I haven't seen anyone that actually really cares about g2+ rare eyes and g1 rare eyed dragons are almost always hideous because of their randomized colors and are basically only good if they're scattered and aren't actually really worth as much as they are atm.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
THANK YOU for this, oh my god
THANK YOU for this, oh my god
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
[quote name="flootzavut" date="2021-05-03 09:12:54" ] [quote name="CloudlessPlanet" date="2021-05-03 09:08:21" ] I think people get too focused on the value of items and not the value of their own dragons that they love. It's about dragons. [/quote] Nailed. It. [/quote] nowdays it is all aboout how much special and different you can be
flootzavut wrote on 2021-05-03 09:12:54:
CloudlessPlanet wrote on 2021-05-03 09:08:21:
I think people get too focused on the value of items and not the value of their own dragons that they love. It's about dragons.
Nailed. It.

nowdays it is all aboout how much special and different you can be
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
awesomm
awesomm
santos | he/him | +4 FR time
I, for one, am all for this update. Hopefully the eye discourse would die down a bit if not completely. People need to focus more on how happy their dragons make them and not the money associated with them.

If you lose all your money because the company you invested in went under due to a new competitor, you don't blame the competitor for your lack of foresight. Sure, losing money sucks, but this is like the equivalent of scattering your dragon before the color wheel expansion and then getting mad that there were more colors or something.
I, for one, am all for this update. Hopefully the eye discourse would die down a bit if not completely. People need to focus more on how happy their dragons make them and not the money associated with them.

If you lose all your money because the company you invested in went under due to a new competitor, you don't blame the competitor for your lack of foresight. Sure, losing money sucks, but this is like the equivalent of scattering your dragon before the color wheel expansion and then getting mad that there were more colors or something.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

In response to all of you saying the value of the dragon is not relative, then what's the point of any rarities, or the Auction House at all? Just sell every single dragon for 1 gem with that mentality.
In response to all of you saying the value of the dragon is not relative, then what's the point of any rarities, or the Auction House at all? Just sell every single dragon for 1 gem with that mentality.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
LETS GOOOOO

Thank you so much!! You're awesome FR team
LETS GOOOOO

Thank you so much!! You're awesome FR team
[quote name="PixiePower" date="2021-05-03 09:13:30" ] [b][i][center]Well, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. This devalues every dragon born with primal prior to this point. My recent birthday dragon that's my Avatar, which had (until this moment) a high value, is no no longer worth more than the cost of a treasure market place vial. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69004960][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/690050/69004960_350.png[/img][/url][/center][/i][/b] [/quote] She's still a primal, still hatched on your birthday, still really pretty. If she's your avatar dragon then you probably weren't in a rush to sell her, so she's still special unless you choose to base her value on an arbitrary number that only actually has no bearing if you were going to sell her. She doesn't have to be any less special unless you buy into the notion that her value is purely based on how much you could sell her for.
PixiePower wrote on 2021-05-03 09:13:30:
Well, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement. This devalues every dragon born with primal prior to this point. My recent birthday dragon that's my Avatar, which had (until this moment) a high value, is no no longer worth more than the cost of a treasure market place vial.

69004960_350.png
She's still a primal, still hatched on your birthday, still really pretty. If she's your avatar dragon then you probably weren't in a rush to sell her, so she's still special unless you choose to base her value on an arbitrary number that only actually has no bearing if you were going to sell her.

She doesn't have to be any less special unless you buy into the notion that her value is purely based on how much you could sell her for.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
[quote name="Apfelgriebs" date="2021-05-03 09:14:55" ] Wow, this is a spit in the face of every player who bought Vials of Scattersight via auction house. When they were released, it was told over and over again that they would never appear again. So I invested nearly everything I had (which was a converted sum of maybe 50,000 - 70,000 gems) in Vials of Scattersight and of course the price went up. Now they they're not even at 10 % of their value before the update. It's hard to calculate, but this made me lose around 250,000 gems. That's around 4 Light Sprites! I'm extremely disappointed, frustrated and angry. In a game where you can buy gems with real money, this shouldn't happen. Players suggested so many times that Vials of Scattersight shouldn't retire when they were introduced, which would have been the right choice back then. But introducing new items that basically do the same after such a long time is not cool. Tomorrow would be my 5th anniversary, but I'm so close to deleting my account. I probably won't do it, but I'm 100 % sure that I will never ever buy gems with real money. [/quote] I understand your frustration. As a person who wasn’t a part of the KS, I missed out on some AWESOME familiars and was banking on those scattersights being worth the bulk of buying them. I had roughly 130kg sitting in value in my vault for those scattersights from HOURS of grinding when they came out anticipating selling for bank. In hindsight, I suppose I shouldn’t have been greedy and sold when I could, but I was truly waiting for, you know, that actual current estimated sell price which most seem to be going for around 30kg than I had currently saved. It’s very bittersweet. Happy for some people who have been complaining for years. Disappointed in myself for not selling earlier to avoid this mess. I suppose I will still keep them though. There are people who love the gamble aspect, and it remains they are still technically retired.
Apfelgriebs wrote on 2021-05-03 09:14:55:
Wow, this is a spit in the face of every player who bought Vials of Scattersight via auction house. When they were released, it was told over and over again that they would never appear again. So I invested nearly everything I had (which was a converted sum of maybe 50,000 - 70,000 gems) in Vials of Scattersight and of course the price went up. Now they they're not even at 10 % of their value before the update.

It's hard to calculate, but this made me lose around 250,000 gems. That's around 4 Light Sprites! I'm extremely disappointed, frustrated and angry. In a game where you can buy gems with real money, this shouldn't happen.

Players suggested so many times that Vials of Scattersight shouldn't retire when they were introduced, which would have been the right choice back then. But introducing new items that basically do the same after such a long time is not cool.

Tomorrow would be my 5th anniversary, but I'm so close to deleting my account. I probably won't do it, but I'm 100 % sure that I will never ever buy gems with real money.

I understand your frustration. As a person who wasn’t a part of the KS, I missed out on some AWESOME familiars and was banking on those scattersights being worth the bulk of buying them. I had roughly 130kg sitting in value in my vault for those scattersights from HOURS of grinding when they came out anticipating selling for bank. In hindsight, I suppose I shouldn’t have been greedy and sold when I could, but I was truly waiting for, you know, that actual current estimated sell price which most seem to be going for around 30kg than I had currently saved.

It’s very bittersweet. Happy for some people who have been complaining for years. Disappointed in myself for not selling earlier to avoid this mess. I suppose I will still keep them though. There are people who love the gamble aspect, and it remains they are still technically retired.
klhJnOF.gifba8be269b2f2bc4bb37fc54e44ba68802dcf6d72.gifJc6ZU5D.png9YaT5lY.gifpuJggFR.gif
500k for primal eyes?
Bye wallet
500k for primal eyes?
Bye wallet
djAPICb.giftz8AK6D.pngtMGni6J.pngoY137o1.pngtz8AK6D.pngdjAPICb.gif
1 2 ... 90 91 92 93 94 ... 199 200