Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] [Art] Apparel Problems
1 2 ... 317 318 319 320 321 ... 374 375
@williwawwarden this is not an error, everything is working exactly as intended. skins and accents are supposed to always layer on top of all dragon genes.
@williwawwarden this is not an error, everything is working exactly as intended. skins and accents are supposed to always layer on top of all dragon genes.
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Ralzakark Ah, true that this is not a normal part of Veilspun anatomy. That is really unfortunate in combination with Branches, then. [emoji=nocturne sad size=1] To each their own opinion, but I am really disappointed - because I only like Branches Veilspun, it seems most of these accents are just going to look broken to me, most Veilspun Male ones (in the events I have been around for, at least) seem to be primarily for the wings. I never noticed before, since I had no Veilspun during previous events. I suppose anything that fixed that would just make them look broken to everyone else. Oh well. Thank you for clearing that up, anyway, and my sympathy to Gaoler Gnarlhorns fans who probably know exactly what I mean.
@Ralzakark Ah, true that this is not a normal part of Veilspun anatomy.

That is really unfortunate in combination with Branches, then. To each their own opinion, but I am really disappointed - because I only like Branches Veilspun, it seems most of these accents are just going to look broken to me, most Veilspun Male ones (in the events I have been around for, at least) seem to be primarily for the wings. I never noticed before, since I had no Veilspun during previous events.

I suppose anything that fixed that would just make them look broken to everyone else. Oh well. Thank you for clearing that up, anyway, and my sympathy to Gaoler Gnarlhorns fans who probably know exactly what I mean.
@williwawwarden this is why the ancient skin psds include the line breaking terts just to make it easier for skin and accent artists to design skins and accents that are especially tailored to work with the line breaking terts
@williwawwarden this is why the ancient skin psds include the line breaking terts just to make it easier for skin and accent artists to design skins and accents that are especially tailored to work with the line breaking terts
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
On [s]female snappers[/s] most if not all poses, the golden and celadon tail bangles are too opaque: they aren't see-through like the other tail bangles and don't match the rest of their sets in color [columns] [outfit=1488456] [outfit=1488458] [nextcol] [outfit=1488460] [outfit=1488461] [/columns] It's particularly obvious on female snappers that most tail bangles are see-through and match their wing silks in color while the celadon and golden tail bangles are opaque and do not So, these bangles are see-through: [columns] [item=Night Sky Tail Bangle] [item=Sky Blue Tail Bangle] [nextcol] [item=Gossamer Tail Bangle] [item=Prismatic Tail Bangle] [nextcol] [item=Soft Pink Tail Bangle] [item=Crimson Tail Bangle] [/columns] While these aren't: [item=Golden Tail Bangle] [item=Celadon Tail Bangle]
On female snappers most if not all poses, the golden and celadon tail bangles are too opaque: they aren't see-through like the other tail bangles and don't match the rest of their sets in color
Celadon Glitch

Golden Glitch
Soft Pink Comparison

Crimson Comparison

It's particularly obvious on female snappers that most tail bangles are see-through and match their wing silks in color while the celadon and golden tail bangles are opaque and do not

So, these bangles are see-through:
Night Sky Tail Bangle
Sky Blue Tail Bangle
Gossamer Tail Bangle
Prismatic Tail Bangle
Soft Pink Tail Bangle
Crimson Tail Bangle

While these aren't:
Golden Tail Bangle
Celadon Tail Bangle
zVq7r5uT_o.png
Breed: mirror Sex: female Apparel: Aerborne Gustgather The rope clips over the gust a lil bit: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=3&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=29581&xt=dressing.png[/img] But I'm signal-boosting this too because the mirror issue is definitely not as bad as the tundra... [quote name="CutiePi" date="2019-03-27 20:42:09" ] Breed: Tundra Sex: Female Apparel: Aerborne Gustgather The gust clips with the staff on the wing [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=6&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=29581&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/quote]
Breed: mirror
Sex: female
Apparel: Aerborne Gustgather

The rope clips over the gust a lil bit:

dummy?breed=3&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=29581&xt=dressing.png

But I'm signal-boosting this too because the mirror issue is definitely not as bad as the tundra...

CutiePi wrote on 2019-03-27 20:42:09:
Breed: Tundra
Sex: Female
Apparel: Aerborne Gustgather

The gust clips with the staff on the wing
dummy?breed=6&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=29581&xt=dressing.png
Breed: Nocturne Pose: Male Apparel: Solar Blades Was just playing around on the DR I've only tried it on the male nocturne pose But for some reason the solar blade on the far wing isnt on the right layer? or something? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=11218&xt=dressing.png[/img]
Breed: Nocturne
Pose: Male
Apparel: Solar Blades

Was just playing around on the DR
I've only tried it on the male nocturne pose
But for some reason the solar blade on the far wing isnt on the right layer? or something?

dummy?breed=11&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=11218&xt=dressing.png
My favorite breed.... @Skarlette Pardon me for guessing here. Is it because of the Nocturne wing pose, maybe? The blades are on the upper sides of the wings, and the leading edge of the near wing is not relatively flat, but curled forward as if in mid-maneuver (I assume). So the blades on the near wing look like they are on the underside but the central piece is actually attached to the upper side that is curved into view. I suppose this is showing that that angle brings the blades forward and down, while the more flattened pose of the far wing holds the blades relatively level as well, making it look like one set of blades is above the associated wing and the other's set is below? If that is what you meant? Nocturne wing poses (which I like) do some peculiar things with apparel items. The way Frostfaerie Wings jut out at a different angle than the wing itself on the far wing of a female Nocturne (as below) always looks odd to me, even though I suppose it is because the apparel item is not attached directly to the wing and moving with it. (Edit - I have just tried to stop wondering how dragons fly in some of this stuff. Magic, it must be.... [emoji=nocturne laughing size=1]) [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/652534/65253338_350.png[/img]
My favorite breed....

@Skarlette Pardon me for guessing here. Is it because of the Nocturne wing pose, maybe? The blades are on the upper sides of the wings, and the leading edge of the near wing is not relatively flat, but curled forward as if in mid-maneuver (I assume). So the blades on the near wing look like they are on the underside but the central piece is actually attached to the upper side that is curved into view.

I suppose this is showing that that angle brings the blades forward and down, while the more flattened pose of the far wing holds the blades relatively level as well, making it look like one set of blades is above the associated wing and the other's set is below? If that is what you meant?

Nocturne wing poses (which I like) do some peculiar things with apparel items. The way Frostfaerie Wings jut out at a different angle than the wing itself on the far wing of a female Nocturne (as below) always looks odd to me, even though I suppose it is because the apparel item is not attached directly to the wing and moving with it. (Edit - I have just tried to stop wondering how dragons fly in some of this stuff. Magic, it must be.... )

65253338_350.png

@williwawwarden I mean that might be the case? In which case excuse my mistake Really I thought itd look more like it does on the female pose which seems more right, can I say? [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=11218&xt=dressing.png[/img] Im honestly not entirely sure
@williwawwarden

I mean that might be the case?
In which case excuse my mistake

Really I thought itd look more like it does on the female pose which seems more right, can I say?

dummy?breed=11&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=11218&xt=dressing.png

Im honestly not entirely sure
@Skarlette I think that might be because the females' far wing is partly tucked and curved toward the body, creating that tilted effect on both sides? (They appear to be pictured in the middle of an aerobatic loop-and-roll maneuver.) Nocturne wing poses are part of why I like them so much, but they are not the easiest wings to dress up!
@Skarlette I think that might be because the females' far wing is partly tucked and curved toward the body, creating that tilted effect on both sides? (They appear to be pictured in the middle of an aerobatic loop-and-roll maneuver.) Nocturne wing poses are part of why I like them so much, but they are not the easiest wings to dress up!
[quote name="williwawwarden" date="2021-02-21 10:06:04" ] Do art issues with skins and accents also go here? Because the Mysterymoth male Veilspun accent for Trickmurk 2021 has a layering problem.... Normally, the far wing is behind the antlers created by the Branches tertiary. With this accent, however - [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1375016&skin=38404&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] (Edit - changed to a Dressing Room example so I can get this off of him. And per the response below this is apparently not a bug, but an accent-spoiling - for me - feature. But I still wish there was some way to fix this, the way apparel can be layered. I really like the accent, but I like Branches more.) [/quote] It would seem an easy fix if line-breaking terts were drawn ABOVE accent layers, eg gnarlhorns, branches, spines, shardflank would still feature
williwawwarden wrote on 2021-02-21 10:06:04:
Do art issues with skins and accents also go here? Because the Mysterymoth male Veilspun accent for Trickmurk 2021 has a layering problem....

Normally, the far wing is behind the antlers created by the Branches tertiary. With this accent, however -

scry?sdid=1375016&skin=38404&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

(Edit - changed to a Dressing Room example so I can get this off of him. And per the response below this is apparently not a bug, but an accent-spoiling - for me - feature. But I still wish there was some way to fix this, the way apparel can be layered. I really like the accent, but I like Branches more.)

It would seem an easy fix if line-breaking terts were drawn ABOVE accent layers, eg gnarlhorns, branches, spines, shardflank would still feature
qDkA25S.png
1 2 ... 317 318 319 320 321 ... 374 375