Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | No Eye Horror in Gene previews
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14
Support for consistency if nothing else.

If the point is to demonstrate the gene being featured in the Devs' announcement, everything except that gene should be basic/common. Some primal eyes (Wind, Ice, and Fire particularly) as well as multigaze absolutely interfere with getting a full, uninterrupted view of how a gene appears on the dragon which makes the scry preview less effective.
Support for consistency if nothing else.

If the point is to demonstrate the gene being featured in the Devs' announcement, everything except that gene should be basic/common. Some primal eyes (Wind, Ice, and Fire particularly) as well as multigaze absolutely interfere with getting a full, uninterrupted view of how a gene appears on the dragon which makes the scry preview less effective.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I will only support this with a toggle as I would like to see random primals due to thinking most are cool.
I will only support this with a toggle as I would like to see random primals due to thinking most are cool.
support for consistency, especially because it hurts absolutely no one. and I'm someone who likes primals, including shadow and plague.

a lot of people are being jerks on this thread for reasons that make no sense. this is a completely reasonable request; no one is asking for the eyes to be removed, or for random scries to never ever show primals. it isn't super laborious for staff and doesn't infringe on anyone else's enjoyment. I suspect a lot of the complainers on this thread are the type to think that epilepsy warnings are dumb too.
support for consistency, especially because it hurts absolutely no one. and I'm someone who likes primals, including shadow and plague.

a lot of people are being jerks on this thread for reasons that make no sense. this is a completely reasonable request; no one is asking for the eyes to be removed, or for random scries to never ever show primals. it isn't super laborious for staff and doesn't infringe on anyone else's enjoyment. I suspect a lot of the complainers on this thread are the type to think that epilepsy warnings are dumb too.
they/them
Support. I love all the MG and primal eyes, but not only does this not hurt anyone, it just makes sense, since everything else in the preview is left basic.
Support. I love all the MG and primal eyes, but not only does this not hurt anyone, it just makes sense, since everything else in the preview is left basic.
Support.
Perfectly reasonable, it's supposed to showcase the particular gene ON A BLANK SLATE that's why the others are white Basic.
Eyes should be common to fit with that.
Support.
Perfectly reasonable, it's supposed to showcase the particular gene ON A BLANK SLATE that's why the others are white Basic.
Eyes should be common to fit with that.
i don't really see the point.. everyone saying that you can just change the eye type to whatever offending eye type.. you can also change it to a less offending eye type if it squicks you.. and if it squicks to the point of a legitimate trigger/adjacent, you honestly should consider not being on a site where that sort of thing is canon and is going to be there.. at the end of the day, you should be responsible for the curation of your own experience, including not interacting or ignoring.
there's things that squick me out. there's things that trigger me, on this site even (namely stuff in their canon fricking lore, like holy crap don't read it if you're the sensitive sort).. but I'm responsible for that, not the people who own the site. I'm a grown adult, I scroll past or use the back button. that's two methods of avoiding things you don't like that don't even require work to implement site-wide, and certainly won't rub other people the wrong way
i don't really see the point.. everyone saying that you can just change the eye type to whatever offending eye type.. you can also change it to a less offending eye type if it squicks you.. and if it squicks to the point of a legitimate trigger/adjacent, you honestly should consider not being on a site where that sort of thing is canon and is going to be there.. at the end of the day, you should be responsible for the curation of your own experience, including not interacting or ignoring.
there's things that squick me out. there's things that trigger me, on this site even (namely stuff in their canon fricking lore, like holy crap don't read it if you're the sensitive sort).. but I'm responsible for that, not the people who own the site. I'm a grown adult, I scroll past or use the back button. that's two methods of avoiding things you don't like that don't even require work to implement site-wide, and certainly won't rub other people the wrong way
dBieivA.png
eIK5iG7.png
ePOliyb.png
bYt72YT.png
xj6Mn2e.png
A Bottomless Curse,
A Bottomless Sea
Accepting of
All that there Is
And can Be
65911250.png
WbuVpYC.png
But why shouldn't it be consistent? If everything else is basic, why shouldn't eyes be basic? It doesn't even require any implementation. It's a number in a url.
But why shouldn't it be consistent? If everything else is basic, why shouldn't eyes be basic? It doesn't even require any implementation. It's a number in a url.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
Support. I have no problem with the primals, but I understand people's aversion to them and the game loses nothing by removing them from what's meant to be a basic preview.

Also, like... lol @ some people here. Just cycle through all the primals manually if it's that important to you.
Support. I have no problem with the primals, but I understand people's aversion to them and the game loses nothing by removing them from what's meant to be a basic preview.

Also, like... lol @ some people here. Just cycle through all the primals manually if it's that important to you.
2nld4k6.jpg
please ping me to get my attention!
Support!
Support!
Cauldron Services [Open]
| Wind Dominance Shop [CLOSED] | Dressing and Geneing Services (Free!) [Open] |
[quote name="Doodlepede" date="2020-11-15 23:41:53" ] i don't really see the point.. everyone saying that you can just change the eye type to whatever offending eye type.. you can also change it to a less offending eye type if it squicks you.. and if it squicks to the point of a legitimate trigger/adjacent, you honestly should consider not being on a site where that sort of thing is canon and is going to be there.. at the end of the day, you should be responsible for the curation of your own experience, including not interacting or ignoring. there's things that squick me out. there's things that trigger me, on this site even (namely stuff in their canon fricking lore, like holy crap don't read it if you're the sensitive sort).. but I'm responsible for that, not the people who own the site. I'm a grown adult, I scroll past or use the back button. that's two methods of avoiding things you don't like that don't even require work to implement site-wide, and certainly won't rub other people the wrong way [/quote] Because you can easily avoid the lore if you want. It also isn't visual, which tends to be more powerful than text (remember the saying a Picture is worth a thousand words?). Besides, it makes no sense to have anything other than common eyes on a model meant to showcase a specific gene. Period. It is about the gene, not the eye type or color, which is why all other genes are basic white.
Doodlepede wrote on 2020-11-15 23:41:53:
Because you can easily avoid the lore if you want. It also isn't visual, which tends to be more powerful than text (remember the saying a Picture is worth a thousand words?).

Besides, it makes no sense to have anything other than common eyes on a model meant to showcase a specific gene. Period. It is about the gene, not the eye type or color, which is why all other genes are basic white.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13 14