Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Weird Things Pets Do
1 2 3 4 5
People love animals. More and more, the traditional idea that animals are soulless, thoughtless beasts created to serve humans has become less and less popularized as they have become better understood and beloved family members in our households.

So, in the spirit of this appreciation for our lovely bunches of fur, scales, feathers, and claws... What are some odd quirks that your pets have that define a unique personality and will?

My cats have plenty of personality. For example, the older of the two- Lilo- is a well trained cat who loves taking walks in her leash and harness and is working on getting her therapy cat certification. She's been my emotional support pet and baby girl for years now and she's such a good girl. She doesn't like cuddles much, but she loves belly massages and occasionally being picked up for a little hug. She just likes her personal space. However, she forgets her personal space rule whenever a little kid is around, then she follows them everywhere like a little bodyguard and looks after them. It's adorable and part of the reason why I'm training her to be a therapy cat on top of her being my ESA so I can take her to children's wards in hospitals.

Now, Lilo is especially cunning. Opening doors, drawers, and cupboards, trying to figure out how to be as human as possible (I had to teach her not to use the bathroom in the sink next to the toilet and it was only after switching to water bottles and giving her a fountain that she would stop drinking out of cups, though she had her own mug beforehand. Just barely, she wrapped her own rope and mouse toy around her midsection, then went to the door and insisted that she could go on a walk like she had her leash and harness on. Seriously, this cat-

Undyne, her daughter from before I could get her fixed, earned her name from being the runt who ended up opening her eyes, learning to walk, explore, and climb before all of the other kittens despite being half their size and scrawny as all heck. She was so well coordinated, brave, and friendly she HAD to be named Undyne.

Well, she earned the nickname "Squeaker" due to her high-pitched little yells she does when she's upset or wants to be noticed. It is this same high pitched noise that she wakes me up with every morning so I will lift up the blankets and let her slip in to cuddle with me until I'm ready to wake up naturally. She's super cute and cuddly, still full of fighting spirit, loves to watch movies with us, and is slowly being taught the leash and harness as well, though she's less keen on having any sort of collar, harness, or clothing put on her still so I'll be getting a nice cat sweater for her to get used to without chafing or restraint (I only like to use collars as ID when going outside in case they break out of the harness).

Her weirdest quirk, though, is that she brings her mouse toy everywhere with her like a comfort blanket or pacifier. Everywhere. No joke.
People love animals. More and more, the traditional idea that animals are soulless, thoughtless beasts created to serve humans has become less and less popularized as they have become better understood and beloved family members in our households.

So, in the spirit of this appreciation for our lovely bunches of fur, scales, feathers, and claws... What are some odd quirks that your pets have that define a unique personality and will?

My cats have plenty of personality. For example, the older of the two- Lilo- is a well trained cat who loves taking walks in her leash and harness and is working on getting her therapy cat certification. She's been my emotional support pet and baby girl for years now and she's such a good girl. She doesn't like cuddles much, but she loves belly massages and occasionally being picked up for a little hug. She just likes her personal space. However, she forgets her personal space rule whenever a little kid is around, then she follows them everywhere like a little bodyguard and looks after them. It's adorable and part of the reason why I'm training her to be a therapy cat on top of her being my ESA so I can take her to children's wards in hospitals.

Now, Lilo is especially cunning. Opening doors, drawers, and cupboards, trying to figure out how to be as human as possible (I had to teach her not to use the bathroom in the sink next to the toilet and it was only after switching to water bottles and giving her a fountain that she would stop drinking out of cups, though she had her own mug beforehand. Just barely, she wrapped her own rope and mouse toy around her midsection, then went to the door and insisted that she could go on a walk like she had her leash and harness on. Seriously, this cat-

Undyne, her daughter from before I could get her fixed, earned her name from being the runt who ended up opening her eyes, learning to walk, explore, and climb before all of the other kittens despite being half their size and scrawny as all heck. She was so well coordinated, brave, and friendly she HAD to be named Undyne.

Well, she earned the nickname "Squeaker" due to her high-pitched little yells she does when she's upset or wants to be noticed. It is this same high pitched noise that she wakes me up with every morning so I will lift up the blankets and let her slip in to cuddle with me until I'm ready to wake up naturally. She's super cute and cuddly, still full of fighting spirit, loves to watch movies with us, and is slowly being taught the leash and harness as well, though she's less keen on having any sort of collar, harness, or clothing put on her still so I'll be getting a nice cat sweater for her to get used to without chafing or restraint (I only like to use collars as ID when going outside in case they break out of the harness).

Her weirdest quirk, though, is that she brings her mouse toy everywhere with her like a comfort blanket or pacifier. Everywhere. No joke.
•• Hades/Theo •• He/Him ••
Art Shop
aw yeah finally a chance to scream about my cat

well for one despite being a stray all her life until two weeks ago, my cat is one of the most loving creatures I have ever met
she has never scratched, bit, or even hissed at anything and constantly trills when I am holding/petting her
she actually doesn't mind me holding her at all, and will let me cradle her on her back like the absolute baby that she is
I think my cat is broken but in the right way, she's a darling
aw yeah finally a chance to scream about my cat

well for one despite being a stray all her life until two weeks ago, my cat is one of the most loving creatures I have ever met
she has never scratched, bit, or even hissed at anything and constantly trills when I am holding/petting her
she actually doesn't mind me holding her at all, and will let me cradle her on her back like the absolute baby that she is
I think my cat is broken but in the right way, she's a darling
They/He | My Dappervolk | Proud Father of three cats | In very specific fandoms that are sometimes niche
My kitten enjoys being in the fridge. Not even investigating things just sitting there and we have to beg him to get out ;3;

He also gets possessed by a demon at random times of the day and becomes a supercharged zoomie monster the likes of which I'd never seen in even the most excited of Boxers and Whippets
My kitten enjoys being in the fridge. Not even investigating things just sitting there and we have to beg him to get out ;3;

He also gets possessed by a demon at random times of the day and becomes a supercharged zoomie monster the likes of which I'd never seen in even the most excited of Boxers and Whippets
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
My bearded dragon loves roaming around in my room but after 5 minutes he wedges himself in the corner of my room (or underneath my filing cabinet) and lays down. If I don't move him he'll stay there the entire day. He also loves chasing my ear buds [emoji=coatl love size=1]
My bearded dragon loves roaming around in my room but after 5 minutes he wedges himself in the corner of my room (or underneath my filing cabinet) and lays down. If I don't move him he'll stay there the entire day.

He also loves chasing my ear buds
My horse suckles on things when hes anxious- if the farrier is there he will literally stand there and suckle on my hands / clothing to sooth himself. And when I say suckle, I do mean suckle- he never bites, nibbles, etc- hes literally suckling like a foal. So its kind of sweet that his go to self soothing behavior is one he's had for all 24 years of his life.

My horse suckles on things when hes anxious- if the farrier is there he will literally stand there and suckle on my hands / clothing to sooth himself. And when I say suckle, I do mean suckle- he never bites, nibbles, etc- hes literally suckling like a foal. So its kind of sweet that his go to self soothing behavior is one he's had for all 24 years of his life.

98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
Every time a DVD case is opened in my house, one of my cats runs over in the hopes that it contains food. He has never found nor been given food in a DVD case, so there is literally no logical reason for him to believe there is food inside. Yet he is now nine years old, and has never failed to run over looking for food whenever someone tries to put a DVD on.

This cat is solely motivated by food. It's pretty much the only reason he wakes up and the only reason he can be compelled to actually move. There is nothing inside a DVD case that would lure him over, save for the delusion that this time, maybe it will have food inside, despite it never once happening in the previous nine years of his life.
Every time a DVD case is opened in my house, one of my cats runs over in the hopes that it contains food. He has never found nor been given food in a DVD case, so there is literally no logical reason for him to believe there is food inside. Yet he is now nine years old, and has never failed to run over looking for food whenever someone tries to put a DVD on.

This cat is solely motivated by food. It's pretty much the only reason he wakes up and the only reason he can be compelled to actually move. There is nothing inside a DVD case that would lure him over, save for the delusion that this time, maybe it will have food inside, despite it never once happening in the previous nine years of his life.
my cat likes to not clean his backside and will get mad at me and mom when we have to manhandle him and wipe his booty for him. doesn't help that he's longhaired so it's already a hassle for him to groom himself.

love getting bit by a smelly poopoo cat :')
my cat likes to not clean his backside and will get mad at me and mom when we have to manhandle him and wipe his booty for him. doesn't help that he's longhaired so it's already a hassle for him to groom himself.

love getting bit by a smelly poopoo cat :')
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
Our tortoiseshell cat, Princess, is a bundle of uncontainable mischief. Her favorite hobbies include chewing on paper that she shouldn't be chewing on, trying to drink out of any open container with liquid in it, and bothering her brother Jethro, our grey cat.

Her favorite toys include but are not limited to bottlecaps, lint, leaves, receipt paper, the dog's tail, her brother, ankles, fingers, forearms, and small bugs.

Jethro is more mellow, and his favorite thing in the whole wide world is belly rubs. Once he goes belly up you must rub it, and when he begins to streeeetch his legs and arms out, you must go in and scritch the armpits and thighs as well, for it is an invitation. He is always on the lookout for his archnemesis, the Red Dot, which the humans summon to torment him.

Princess has deemed it her duty to make sure Jethro's face is clean whether he wants it or not. Jethro will be minding his own business on one side of the room and Princess will saunter over from the other side of the room, pounce on him, and ferociously lick his cheeks and chew on his ear. And Jethro, he sits there, and he takes it.
Our tortoiseshell cat, Princess, is a bundle of uncontainable mischief. Her favorite hobbies include chewing on paper that she shouldn't be chewing on, trying to drink out of any open container with liquid in it, and bothering her brother Jethro, our grey cat.

Her favorite toys include but are not limited to bottlecaps, lint, leaves, receipt paper, the dog's tail, her brother, ankles, fingers, forearms, and small bugs.

Jethro is more mellow, and his favorite thing in the whole wide world is belly rubs. Once he goes belly up you must rub it, and when he begins to streeeetch his legs and arms out, you must go in and scritch the armpits and thighs as well, for it is an invitation. He is always on the lookout for his archnemesis, the Red Dot, which the humans summon to torment him.

Princess has deemed it her duty to make sure Jethro's face is clean whether he wants it or not. Jethro will be minding his own business on one side of the room and Princess will saunter over from the other side of the room, pounce on him, and ferociously lick his cheeks and chew on his ear. And Jethro, he sits there, and he takes it.
Hey, friendly reminder to drink water, stretch, and take a short break if you can. Stay healthy! Also, don't forget about any chores or tasks you might be putting off.
My roommate's cat sometimes falls asleep with her eyes partially open. She also dreams and twitches in her sleep sometimes, so I occasionally witness moments where her eyes are open & I can see her pupils moving around like crazy in there, and she's also twitching every now and then. She's a very sweet cat but she's also super weird 0_0 [quote name="Problem" date="2020-10-10 06:13:23" ] He also gets possessed by a demon at random times of the day and becomes a supercharged zoomie monster the likes of which I'd never seen in even the most excited of Boxers and Whippets [/quote] Also this ^ she gets the zoomies at random and nothing can stop her
My roommate's cat sometimes falls asleep with her eyes partially open. She also dreams and twitches in her sleep sometimes, so I occasionally witness moments where her eyes are open & I can see her pupils moving around like crazy in there, and she's also twitching every now and then. She's a very sweet cat but she's also super weird 0_0

Problem wrote on 2020-10-10 06:13:23:
Also this ^ she gets the zoomies at random and nothing can stop her
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
My dog will drag the blanket off her bed, and push into weird place.
My dog will drag the blanket off her bed, and push into weird place.
s6mc83w.png
1 2 3 4 5