Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Scribe's Sanctuary: Write to Adopt!
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 81 82
@EnglishRose
Here's the lore ^_^ I named her Tinker and the lore is written to a scry I've made! This one is quite long (apparently 1101 words long haha!) but at least I was able to stretch my writing muscle and edit it too XD

Tinker’s garden was vast. You didn’t need to enter the garden to see it - tangles of jasmine exploded in lovely fragrance and dragons near it chattered away, each carrying pots of fruit saplings. Occasionally a dragon working at the garden would be seen slowly walking on claw-tips, a precious and delicate plant wispily bobbing - like a jellyfish with each step you note. Tinker’s Garden was named aptly after the dragon which founded it. She was apparently now the lead gardener - you didn’t know what task that entailed exactly however, you paid it no heed. After all, it was the garden itself that was the star of the show.

Metallic clicking sounds came from a machine that counted dragons as each went through the entrance gate. It was your first time seeing such a machine (usually a bored attendant with a clicker counted at venues, you mused), but a swath of dragons flocked the gate and you had no chance to give the thing as much as a glimpse. Before you knew it, you were already inside the garden.

Although the garden advertised in the papers that it had ‘cultivated every plant specimen found Sornieth-wide’, you were beginning to doubt this. You tread the wet path (that led not one way, but remarkably forked several times in a manner that one may say had an explorative effect and another the sort of effect that made you feel like you wish you picked up the pamphlet with a map), gravel under-foot. Despite this, it was impossible to be disappointed.

Tendrils in all sorts of colours seemed to catch and play at your wings. Not every plant’s fragrance was great, you reasoned, but it was as if the gardener had a talent at planting them like a gameboard. With each inviting turn, a new smell, a new shape, a new colour, a new… feeling greeted you. Yes, that was what it was. And each feeling was as joyous and exciting as the next.

As if caught in the mystical atmosphere of it all, it was only after an entire’s day wandering in curious paths (one route meandering in a haphazard way with slipping sand) and restive lie-downs (allowing your wings to splay across flourishing grass) that you finally considered this concept - no, you were sure of it now: the garden was not so much lacking in plants, in that it was crafted with care and meticulous handiwork that could only result from the painstaking work and lively enthusiasm of a certain type of dragon. A dragon whose demeanor was bright, and chose to reflect their inquisitive nature onto the entire garden’s landscape.

It was no wonder why she chose to opt out on certain plants - instead, in their place were grown a variety of tall wildflowers that danced, or robust flowering trees spangled with beetles that buzzed in delight, or hanging baskets of draping pink leaves that swayed soothingly. Toying with this idea, you knew you had to find out more about the lead gardener, Tinker. If your concept was correct, you had to thank her for giving you an amazing journey. For a garden, it was unexpectedly a wholehearted experience that could only be improved by bringing a buddy to enjoy it with you. As if inspired by the garden, you assertively decided to meet up with Tinker.

But this was where you were unlucky. According to the gardeners (they only had a minute or two - dirt on gloves, spade in one hand, bucket coiled in tail), Tinker (they said this warmly) was well, a tinkerer. This busied her up and although she was usually in the gardens, half the time she was innovating. Sure, the watering systems and greenhouses seemed a bit high tech at a glance, but you couldn’t help but widen your eyes when the gardener said this. “What?” you question, a touch hastily, “She’s… making a technology that can use Light and turn it into Lightning?”. The gardener said something about solar power and sustainable energy but you were in the middle of a dumbfounded head-shaking. They went on their way and you had to too - the last rays of the sun were a sign that they were about to close.

It was not much a surprise that other dragons were also heading out late, some giggling and others serenely smiling. If Tinker was here, she probably would have been very proud to see the garden’s positive impact. Strolling towards the exit (in a different path than originally intended - the garden had an unshakeable ability to take you off course and try something new) a ridgeback stood in your way. Wings of calm green faced you but when she turned she revealed intensely hued scales that were nearly as striking as her lightning eyes.

You opened your mouth. “Excuse me-”,
“Hello! Oh! Apologies, I’m in your way am I?” The dragon chirped. “I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit to the garden, why don’t you make sure to take a friend along next time, yeah?” She winked and you blushed as in fact, you had just thought about doing that in the future. So she was a gardener? Before you could express your thoughts on the garden, she spoke again.
“Give me a minute love, I’ve just got to set this up then I’ll let you go.”, she laughed, “Or you can turn back and go around me if you’d like!”. She seemed to relish chatter and hummed to herself as she did her task, back facing you again, wings bouncing to a tune.

Trying not to get distracted by the dazzling array of plants around you, you were about to do just that. However, you became aware of something (it seemed the garden also had an ability to enhance your focus on everything, except on which way to go) - as your earlier suspicion told you, she was not wearing or carrying the same sort of things as the gardeners you had seen. You had to take a peek, just a small one to see. She was tinkering with a strange black panel with wires. Could it be? You looked at the lead gardener.

That day, Tinker was busy. However, one dragon was able to have a conversation with her. It ended long after the closing of the garden and involved a lot of chuckling and grins. Although she was busy, it was clear that Tinker loved to connect with any dragon (over tea was best) that found a connection not only to the lively garden she had created, but to the dragon herself.

Thanks!
@EnglishRose
Here's the lore ^_^ I named her Tinker and the lore is written to a scry I've made! This one is quite long (apparently 1101 words long haha!) but at least I was able to stretch my writing muscle and edit it too XD

Tinker’s garden was vast. You didn’t need to enter the garden to see it - tangles of jasmine exploded in lovely fragrance and dragons near it chattered away, each carrying pots of fruit saplings. Occasionally a dragon working at the garden would be seen slowly walking on claw-tips, a precious and delicate plant wispily bobbing - like a jellyfish with each step you note. Tinker’s Garden was named aptly after the dragon which founded it. She was apparently now the lead gardener - you didn’t know what task that entailed exactly however, you paid it no heed. After all, it was the garden itself that was the star of the show.

Metallic clicking sounds came from a machine that counted dragons as each went through the entrance gate. It was your first time seeing such a machine (usually a bored attendant with a clicker counted at venues, you mused), but a swath of dragons flocked the gate and you had no chance to give the thing as much as a glimpse. Before you knew it, you were already inside the garden.

Although the garden advertised in the papers that it had ‘cultivated every plant specimen found Sornieth-wide’, you were beginning to doubt this. You tread the wet path (that led not one way, but remarkably forked several times in a manner that one may say had an explorative effect and another the sort of effect that made you feel like you wish you picked up the pamphlet with a map), gravel under-foot. Despite this, it was impossible to be disappointed.

Tendrils in all sorts of colours seemed to catch and play at your wings. Not every plant’s fragrance was great, you reasoned, but it was as if the gardener had a talent at planting them like a gameboard. With each inviting turn, a new smell, a new shape, a new colour, a new… feeling greeted you. Yes, that was what it was. And each feeling was as joyous and exciting as the next.

As if caught in the mystical atmosphere of it all, it was only after an entire’s day wandering in curious paths (one route meandering in a haphazard way with slipping sand) and restive lie-downs (allowing your wings to splay across flourishing grass) that you finally considered this concept - no, you were sure of it now: the garden was not so much lacking in plants, in that it was crafted with care and meticulous handiwork that could only result from the painstaking work and lively enthusiasm of a certain type of dragon. A dragon whose demeanor was bright, and chose to reflect their inquisitive nature onto the entire garden’s landscape.

It was no wonder why she chose to opt out on certain plants - instead, in their place were grown a variety of tall wildflowers that danced, or robust flowering trees spangled with beetles that buzzed in delight, or hanging baskets of draping pink leaves that swayed soothingly. Toying with this idea, you knew you had to find out more about the lead gardener, Tinker. If your concept was correct, you had to thank her for giving you an amazing journey. For a garden, it was unexpectedly a wholehearted experience that could only be improved by bringing a buddy to enjoy it with you. As if inspired by the garden, you assertively decided to meet up with Tinker.

But this was where you were unlucky. According to the gardeners (they only had a minute or two - dirt on gloves, spade in one hand, bucket coiled in tail), Tinker (they said this warmly) was well, a tinkerer. This busied her up and although she was usually in the gardens, half the time she was innovating. Sure, the watering systems and greenhouses seemed a bit high tech at a glance, but you couldn’t help but widen your eyes when the gardener said this. “What?” you question, a touch hastily, “She’s… making a technology that can use Light and turn it into Lightning?”. The gardener said something about solar power and sustainable energy but you were in the middle of a dumbfounded head-shaking. They went on their way and you had to too - the last rays of the sun were a sign that they were about to close.

It was not much a surprise that other dragons were also heading out late, some giggling and others serenely smiling. If Tinker was here, she probably would have been very proud to see the garden’s positive impact. Strolling towards the exit (in a different path than originally intended - the garden had an unshakeable ability to take you off course and try something new) a ridgeback stood in your way. Wings of calm green faced you but when she turned she revealed intensely hued scales that were nearly as striking as her lightning eyes.

You opened your mouth. “Excuse me-”,
“Hello! Oh! Apologies, I’m in your way am I?” The dragon chirped. “I hope you’ve enjoyed your visit to the garden, why don’t you make sure to take a friend along next time, yeah?” She winked and you blushed as in fact, you had just thought about doing that in the future. So she was a gardener? Before you could express your thoughts on the garden, she spoke again.
“Give me a minute love, I’ve just got to set this up then I’ll let you go.”, she laughed, “Or you can turn back and go around me if you’d like!”. She seemed to relish chatter and hummed to herself as she did her task, back facing you again, wings bouncing to a tune.

Trying not to get distracted by the dazzling array of plants around you, you were about to do just that. However, you became aware of something (it seemed the garden also had an ability to enhance your focus on everything, except on which way to go) - as your earlier suspicion told you, she was not wearing or carrying the same sort of things as the gardeners you had seen. You had to take a peek, just a small one to see. She was tinkering with a strange black panel with wires. Could it be? You looked at the lead gardener.

That day, Tinker was busy. However, one dragon was able to have a conversation with her. It ended long after the closing of the garden and involved a lot of chuckling and grins. Although she was busy, it was clear that Tinker loved to connect with any dragon (over tea was best) that found a connection not only to the lively garden she had created, but to the dragon herself.

Thanks!
nSeiSYR.gif * You never fail until you stop trying
* Success is not final, failure not fatal; have the courage to continue
* Change does not come from avoiding failure, it comes from learning from it

~Believe you can and you're already halfway there~
o4ZSXMr.gif
d
a
i
l
y

>

b
a
d
g
e

>

1RSWs3W.png
@GuyInCorner

sorry for the late reply! I'll set up a CR for you soon
@GuyInCorner

sorry for the late reply! I'll set up a CR for you soon
Na5WGHa.png
@EnglishRose could I please claim this beauty? I love her colors! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60683383][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/606834/60683383_350.png[/img][/url]
@EnglishRose could I please claim this beauty? I love her colors! 60683383_350.png
ZhWd0U3.pngrafflebanner.gif
@EggLord1

yes you may! you have 24hrs to write the lore :)
@EggLord1

yes you may! you have 24hrs to write the lore :)
Na5WGHa.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/dZiubAi.png[/img][/center]

dZiubAi.png
Na5WGHa.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/dZiubAi.png[/img][/center]
dZiubAi.png
Na5WGHa.png
@Ebanon Can I reserve this boi? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63474440][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/634745/63474440_350.png[/img][/url]
@Ebanon

Can I reserve this boi?
63474440_350.png
Z3Lt3uB.png
@englishrose hey,can you put me on the special eyes list? I don't have enough space for more dragons but i might take a derg soon. After i hatch the ones nesting and exalt/donate some of the adults. (The reason i haven't been very active in this thread)
@englishrose hey,can you put me on the special eyes list? I don't have enough space for more dragons but i might take a derg soon. After i hatch the ones nesting and exalt/donate some of the adults. (The reason i haven't been very active in this thread)
1623183848670.png Clan Tainted shadows
——————————
Lore clan
+9H FR
"Don't forget to smile from time to time."
1617910529009-1.png Always interested in RPing!
Bio codes! (Free)
@EnglishRose May I reserve #62216286? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62216286][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/622163/62216286_350.png[/img][/url] Also I'd like to be added to a general pinglist if there is one?
@EnglishRose

May I reserve #62216286?

62216286_350.png

Also I'd like to be added to a general pinglist if there is one?
gale_force_smol.png

Flight Rising
Wind Flight Best Flight
Lore/Writing Shop
My Wishlist
KBqu2Cs.png
Other
they/them
Wattpad
Tumblr
@ClockworkEclipse May I please claim Marina? [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51167331][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/511674/51167331_350.png[/img][/url]
@ClockworkEclipse May I please claim Marina? 51167331_350.png
wkcMXZL.png 3hODimW.png5M9CHlS.gifuC4Bb27.pngv0CPm88.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 81 82