Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Cryptid familiars?
Anybody else think cryptid familiars would be amazing? I see a lot of fan art for chibi criptids, mostly the big names like mothman, flatwood monster, and chupacobra. anyway they remind me of familiars when I see them. there are so many you could do, the ones i think would be cool to see are fresno nightcrawler, jersy devil, ningen, and the dover demon. idk if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea or not. any thoughts, on if its a good or bad idea? or if anyone has any other cryptids that would be cool familiars?
Anybody else think cryptid familiars would be amazing? I see a lot of fan art for chibi criptids, mostly the big names like mothman, flatwood monster, and chupacobra. anyway they remind me of familiars when I see them. there are so many you could do, the ones i think would be cool to see are fresno nightcrawler, jersy devil, ningen, and the dover demon. idk if anyone else thinks this would be a good idea or not. any thoughts, on if its a good or bad idea? or if anyone has any other cryptids that would be cool familiars?
I mean, there are the three yetis. So it seems an area that might be expanded at some point. (Though honestly, some of the miths are already pretty close to mothman.)
I mean, there are the three yetis. So it seems an area that might be expanded at some point. (Though honestly, some of the miths are already pretty close to mothman.)
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
Tbh cryptids would make for an awesome fest cycle of fams. Nature Sasquatch, Shadow Mothman, Water Nessy, Arcane Alien (they got constellations rn, would an alien be too far of a stretch lmao)

For real though I absolutely love cryptids. Maybe even for NotN one year, bunch of cryptid fams!!
Tbh cryptids would make for an awesome fest cycle of fams. Nature Sasquatch, Shadow Mothman, Water Nessy, Arcane Alien (they got constellations rn, would an alien be too far of a stretch lmao)

For real though I absolutely love cryptids. Maybe even for NotN one year, bunch of cryptid fams!!
Untitled_Artwork.png
@Winterize

I don't think aliens are too much of a strech, if handled corectly. The arcanist is reminisent of grey aliens skinny fram large eyes and head. also the shade is extraterrestrial.
night of the nocturne would be a good place for them. I know it takes place in december but I always thought of it as a Halloween event.
@Winterize

I don't think aliens are too much of a strech, if handled corectly. The arcanist is reminisent of grey aliens skinny fram large eyes and head. also the shade is extraterrestrial.
night of the nocturne would be a good place for them. I know it takes place in december but I always thought of it as a Halloween event.
I don't know if Kelpies are more folklore than cryptid, but we do have Kelpies. [item=Pronghorn Hunter] This one was also named after a cryptid/folklore thing once upon a time, but I'm not gonna say the og name due to the nature of the name change (long story short from what I could tell, reading the name invites it into your home/life, and that's a FR no-no so the name changed).
I don't know if Kelpies are more folklore than cryptid, but we do have Kelpies.

Pronghorn Hunter
This one was also named after a cryptid/folklore thing once upon a time, but I'm not gonna say the og name due to the nature of the name change (long story short from what I could tell, reading the name invites it into your home/life, and that's a FR no-no so the name changed).
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
@ClockworkEclipse

I personally would say kelpies fall under folklore. That does bring up an interesting point. What is and is not a cryptid. Things like moth man and chupacabra are definitely cryptids, but stuff like yetis can be cryptids but are also folk lore. According to dictionaries, there "animal whose existence is unsubstantiated." But that's so broad anything could be a cryptid.
@ClockworkEclipse

I personally would say kelpies fall under folklore. That does bring up an interesting point. What is and is not a cryptid. Things like moth man and chupacabra are definitely cryptids, but stuff like yetis can be cryptids but are also folk lore. According to dictionaries, there "animal whose existence is unsubstantiated." But that's so broad anything could be a cryptid.