Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 158 159 160 161 162 ... 212 213
[quote name="ValidEmotions" date="2020-06-08 12:04:38" ] @whalewatcher You don't need to. Just hover your mouse over the dragon and you can click the arrows on desktop. For mobile, as before the revamp, click the edge of the dragon and the arrows will appear; click again to move through the lair. [/quote] @ValidEmotions oh ok thank you!! I didn't know this. Honestly the fact someone has to say how to do it kinda shows it needs too be more obvious but i'm glad you still can do it. Mobile before they had already showed up for me without having to click the edge of the dragon which is probably what confused me
ValidEmotions wrote on 2020-06-08 12:04:38:
@whalewatcher
You don't need to. Just hover your mouse over the dragon and you can click the arrows on desktop. For mobile, as before the revamp, click the edge of the dragon and the arrows will appear; click again to move through the lair.
@ValidEmotions oh ok thank you!! I didn't know this. Honestly the fact someone has to say how to do it kinda shows it needs too be more obvious but i'm glad you still can do it. Mobile before they had already showed up for me without having to click the edge of the dragon which is probably what confused me
Ambushes for sale! (pinkerton keeps giving them to me). PM me and we can work out a price.

Must have many Enchanted Orca Necklacesssss
[quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 15:26:46" ] [quote name="Veradana" date="2020-06-08 15:18:18" ] [quote name="FLETCHBEEB" date="2020-06-08 15:06:20" ] yeaaaah this is a bit...lame I love that we can nickname fams now but hoo what a disappointment of an anniversary. Last year was amazing bc we got a new feature, that changed gameplay, and gave us something of value. This is just Vistas part 2. How about another actual dragon breed? Staff seems way too concerned with ancient breeds to care about actually giving us another Actual Breed. The last breed we got is BOGSNEAKS. IN TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEEEEEEEEEN Flight Rising has had four years to make an actual new dragon breed, their excuse is 'but it takes so much time to make all the art for the genes and apparel!!!' Hire more artists? Stop making new genes and apparel? The genes you've been releasing haven't been exactly well received anyways lul. inb4 anyone pings me like "well if you hate the game so much stop playing!!" I don't hate the game, I want to see it succeed, but I think the staff needs to try a little harder? Like so far everything this year has been really...anticlimactic. The genes have been lame, like, all gem terts that don't look good. The April Fool's Day prank was frankly stupid- Remember all the horrible dragon lineart we got that one time? now THAT was funny. The prank only applied if you used the which waystone, and it was pretty much just...ooo...text... And only two marva items, as well. This game has just fallen out recently and it makes me sad. [/quote] If you've read some of the past developer updates, they explain many of these concerns about modern breeds. They don't want to completely stop apparel and gene updates because they want to keep content coming, and stopping updates would not significantly decrease the time it would take to finish the existing backlog. As for hiring new artists, that's easier said than done. The process has many aspects to consider involving bringing new artists onboard and teaching them the style-guide. This isn't even getting into budgetary concerns. [/quote] I understand what the developers are talking about, but its been 4 whole years since the Bogsnakes have come out. I appreciate their attempt to bring ancient breeds into the mix and create new dragons, but even their genes arent that special in the long run. There are many ways they could have made the ancient breeds more interactable, even if they don't have apparel themselves. They could have also made skins for the ancient breeds when they came out to support the currently dwindling skin amount for the breed, but they decided that bringing a new dragon in the mix was enough. Its also important to mention that the colors that were used for the ancient breeds were normal for dragons already, and the genes on the dragon's arent as drastic as I thought the ancient breeds would have been when they came out. [b]Back in 2016 there was far less outfit pieces than there are now, and although it would have been harder to make modern breeds now, they probably would be able to back then. And if not, they could have created a dragon back then and worked on it over the course of two ish years as a side project, and including all of the newer apparel that are coming out now with it (making their future struggles a little bit less).[/b] Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general. I would understand the change if there were problems with the dragon pages as a unit, but there really weren't any problems to note. [/quote] (Bolding mine) What makes you think they didn't do this? I don't think development of a new modern breed started only when they first revealed their plans for ancients. They likely had plans for it not long after they released bogsneaks, but it's impossible for us to know. As for "Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general." well, it's different teams that work on these things. They're not taking artists off the Apparel-Queue Team to put them to work on the Scene Team or the Dragon-Page-Layout Team. It's all different people with different jobs to do.
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 15:26:46:
Veradana wrote on 2020-06-08 15:18:18:
FLETCHBEEB wrote on 2020-06-08 15:06:20:
yeaaaah this is a bit...lame

I love that we can nickname fams now but hoo what a disappointment of an anniversary. Last year was amazing bc we got a new feature, that changed gameplay, and gave us something of value.
This is just Vistas part 2.

How about another actual dragon breed? Staff seems way too concerned with ancient breeds to care about actually giving us another Actual Breed. The last breed we got is BOGSNEAKS.

IN TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEEEEEEEEEN

Flight Rising has had four years to make an actual new dragon breed, their excuse is 'but it takes so much time to make all the art for the genes and apparel!!!'

Hire more artists? Stop making new genes and apparel? The genes you've been releasing haven't been exactly well received anyways lul.

inb4 anyone pings me like "well if you hate the game so much stop playing!!"

I don't hate the game, I want to see it succeed, but I think the staff needs to try a little harder? Like so far everything this year has been really...anticlimactic.

The genes have been lame, like, all gem terts that don't look good. The April Fool's Day prank was frankly stupid- Remember all the horrible dragon lineart we got that one time? now THAT was funny. The prank only applied if you used the which waystone, and it was pretty much just...ooo...text...

And only two marva items, as well.

This game has just fallen out recently and it makes me sad.

If you've read some of the past developer updates, they explain many of these concerns about modern breeds.

They don't want to completely stop apparel and gene updates because they want to keep content coming, and stopping updates would not significantly decrease the time it would take to finish the existing backlog.

As for hiring new artists, that's easier said than done. The process has many aspects to consider involving bringing new artists onboard and teaching them the style-guide. This isn't even getting into budgetary concerns.
I understand what the developers are talking about, but its been 4 whole years since the Bogsnakes have come out. I appreciate their attempt to bring ancient breeds into the mix and create new dragons, but even their genes arent that special in the long run. There are many ways they could have made the ancient breeds more interactable, even if they don't have apparel themselves. They could have also made skins for the ancient breeds when they came out to support the currently dwindling skin amount for the breed, but they decided that bringing a new dragon in the mix was enough. Its also important to mention that the colors that were used for the ancient breeds were normal for dragons already, and the genes on the dragon's arent as drastic as I thought the ancient breeds would have been when they came out. Back in 2016 there was far less outfit pieces than there are now, and although it would have been harder to make modern breeds now, they probably would be able to back then. And if not, they could have created a dragon back then and worked on it over the course of two ish years as a side project, and including all of the newer apparel that are coming out now with it (making their future struggles a little bit less). Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general. I would understand the change if there were problems with the dragon pages as a unit, but there really weren't any problems to note.

(Bolding mine)

What makes you think they didn't do this? I don't think development of a new modern breed started only when they first revealed their plans for ancients. They likely had plans for it not long after they released bogsneaks, but it's impossible for us to know.

As for "Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general." well, it's different teams that work on these things. They're not taking artists off the Apparel-Queue Team to put them to work on the Scene Team or the Dragon-Page-Layout Team. It's all different people with different jobs to do.
jt3PpxV.png Lorem.....

GuAY.png
happy anniversary! the scenes look awesome and im already on a buying spree ^-^

the new profiles are also quite interesting. though i think im in support of the mockups users have done to swap apparel and dragon info. i dont like having the window of apparel thrusting its way in with my dragon, the apparel is already visible on the dragon.

i also wish that applying apparel was still something i could scroll through if it could be mixed with the sort-by-color. the 4 tiny rows of apparel per page feels a bit clunky and i fear it'll be a lot slower to change apparel than it used it be. especially since ive spent a majority of my time here with the scrolling system, only having to use pages in the dressing room.
happy anniversary! the scenes look awesome and im already on a buying spree ^-^

the new profiles are also quite interesting. though i think im in support of the mockups users have done to swap apparel and dragon info. i dont like having the window of apparel thrusting its way in with my dragon, the apparel is already visible on the dragon.

i also wish that applying apparel was still something i could scroll through if it could be mixed with the sort-by-color. the 4 tiny rows of apparel per page feels a bit clunky and i fear it'll be a lot slower to change apparel than it used it be. especially since ive spent a majority of my time here with the scrolling system, only having to use pages in the dressing room.
Happy anniversary~!

As for the update, I like it! My only issue is basically what others have been saying about it being cramped/needing some tweaking. Other than the layout issue, I love the scenes and cannot wait for more!!

Also quietly hoping for custom scenes in the future
Happy anniversary~!

As for the update, I like it! My only issue is basically what others have been saying about it being cramped/needing some tweaking. Other than the layout issue, I love the scenes and cannot wait for more!!

Also quietly hoping for custom scenes in the future
tumblr_o9lgyzAani1tk8rwxo1_100.png
Redz || #253463

} She/Her
} FR +2
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2020-06-08 15:36:42" ] Here's what I would do if I had a magic button [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZLuLy8O.jpg[/img] [/quote] I'm a fan of this. So much better than a whole row for customizing and takes out the coli stuff. I'd love to merge this with some other mockups i've seen too, solid lines instead of dotted on apparel, with a taller & skinnier physical info box.
Stormdragon wrote on 2020-06-08 15:36:42:
Here's what I would do if I had a magic button
ZLuLy8O.jpg

I'm a fan of this. So much better than a whole row for customizing and takes out the coli stuff. I'd love to merge this with some other mockups i've seen too, solid lines instead of dotted on apparel, with a taller & skinnier physical info box.
Wonderful news, wonderful new things! Exciting <3
Wonderful news, wonderful new things! Exciting <3
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
Ohhhhhh!!!!!!!! I'm loving this :D Get to be more creative with my dragons and their familiars hehehe ^^ Happy Anniversary FR!
Ohhhhhh!!!!!!!! I'm loving this :D Get to be more creative with my dragons and their familiars hehehe ^^ Happy Anniversary FR!
Loves all things feline
I've bought/made all the scenes except for Swipp's. He's such a party pooper.
I've bought/made all the scenes except for Swipp's. He's such a party pooper.
April showers bring forth May flowers
[quote name="Stormdragon" date="2020-06-08 15:36:42" ] Here's what I would do if I had a magic button [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZLuLy8O.jpg[/img] [/quote] This looks nice, currently the new layout makes me feel like a dragon without apparel is incomplete, only the ancients are relaxing to look at! I love the option to feed a particular dragon though! <3
Stormdragon wrote on 2020-06-08 15:36:42:
Here's what I would do if I had a magic button
ZLuLy8O.jpg
This looks nice, currently the new layout makes me feel like a dragon without apparel is incomplete, only the ancients are relaxing to look at!

I love the option to feed a particular dragon though! <3
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
[quote name="Veradana" date="2020-06-08 15:43:19" ] [quote name="Astr0fish" date="2020-06-08 15:26:46" ] [quote name="Veradana" date="2020-06-08 15:18:18" ] [quote name="FLETCHBEEB" date="2020-06-08 15:06:20" ] yeaaaah this is a bit...lame I love that we can nickname fams now but hoo what a disappointment of an anniversary. Last year was amazing bc we got a new feature, that changed gameplay, and gave us something of value. This is just Vistas part 2. How about another actual dragon breed? Staff seems way too concerned with ancient breeds to care about actually giving us another Actual Breed. The last breed we got is BOGSNEAKS. IN TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEEEEEEEEEN Flight Rising has had four years to make an actual new dragon breed, their excuse is 'but it takes so much time to make all the art for the genes and apparel!!!' Hire more artists? Stop making new genes and apparel? The genes you've been releasing haven't been exactly well received anyways lul. inb4 anyone pings me like "well if you hate the game so much stop playing!!" I don't hate the game, I want to see it succeed, but I think the staff needs to try a little harder? Like so far everything this year has been really...anticlimactic. The genes have been lame, like, all gem terts that don't look good. The April Fool's Day prank was frankly stupid- Remember all the horrible dragon lineart we got that one time? now THAT was funny. The prank only applied if you used the which waystone, and it was pretty much just...ooo...text... And only two marva items, as well. This game has just fallen out recently and it makes me sad. [/quote] If you've read some of the past developer updates, they explain many of these concerns about modern breeds. They don't want to completely stop apparel and gene updates because they want to keep content coming, and stopping updates would not significantly decrease the time it would take to finish the existing backlog. As for hiring new artists, that's easier said than done. The process has many aspects to consider involving bringing new artists onboard and teaching them the style-guide. This isn't even getting into budgetary concerns. [/quote] I understand what the developers are talking about, but its been 4 whole years since the Bogsnakes have come out. I appreciate their attempt to bring ancient breeds into the mix and create new dragons, but even their genes arent that special in the long run. There are many ways they could have made the ancient breeds more interactable, even if they don't have apparel themselves. They could have also made skins for the ancient breeds when they came out to support the currently dwindling skin amount for the breed, but they decided that bringing a new dragon in the mix was enough. Its also important to mention that the colors that were used for the ancient breeds were normal for dragons already, and the genes on the dragon's arent as drastic as I thought the ancient breeds would have been when they came out. [b]Back in 2016 there was far less outfit pieces than there are now, and although it would have been harder to make modern breeds now, they probably would be able to back then. And if not, they could have created a dragon back then and worked on it over the course of two ish years as a side project, and including all of the newer apparel that are coming out now with it (making their future struggles a little bit less).[/b] Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general. I would understand the change if there were problems with the dragon pages as a unit, but there really weren't any problems to note. [/quote] (Bolding mine) What makes you think they didn't do this? I don't think development of a new modern breed started only when they first revealed their plans for ancients. They likely had plans for it not long after they released bogsneaks, but it's impossible for us to know. As for "Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general." well, it's different teams that work on these things. They're not taking artists off the Apparel-Queue Team to put them to work on the Scene Team or the Dragon-Page-Layout Team. It's all different people with different jobs to do. [/quote] What Veradana said. Also, a few of the Dev Updates include information about their latest progress at designing the next modern breed--complete with visual bars and colors to show how much has been finished and how much remains.
Veradana wrote on 2020-06-08 15:43:19:
Astr0fish wrote on 2020-06-08 15:26:46:
Veradana wrote on 2020-06-08 15:18:18:
FLETCHBEEB wrote on 2020-06-08 15:06:20:
yeaaaah this is a bit...lame

I love that we can nickname fams now but hoo what a disappointment of an anniversary. Last year was amazing bc we got a new feature, that changed gameplay, and gave us something of value.
This is just Vistas part 2.

How about another actual dragon breed? Staff seems way too concerned with ancient breeds to care about actually giving us another Actual Breed. The last breed we got is BOGSNEAKS.

IN TWO THOUSAND AND SIXTEEEEEEEEEEN

Flight Rising has had four years to make an actual new dragon breed, their excuse is 'but it takes so much time to make all the art for the genes and apparel!!!'

Hire more artists? Stop making new genes and apparel? The genes you've been releasing haven't been exactly well received anyways lul.

inb4 anyone pings me like "well if you hate the game so much stop playing!!"

I don't hate the game, I want to see it succeed, but I think the staff needs to try a little harder? Like so far everything this year has been really...anticlimactic.

The genes have been lame, like, all gem terts that don't look good. The April Fool's Day prank was frankly stupid- Remember all the horrible dragon lineart we got that one time? now THAT was funny. The prank only applied if you used the which waystone, and it was pretty much just...ooo...text...

And only two marva items, as well.

This game has just fallen out recently and it makes me sad.

If you've read some of the past developer updates, they explain many of these concerns about modern breeds.

They don't want to completely stop apparel and gene updates because they want to keep content coming, and stopping updates would not significantly decrease the time it would take to finish the existing backlog.

As for hiring new artists, that's easier said than done. The process has many aspects to consider involving bringing new artists onboard and teaching them the style-guide. This isn't even getting into budgetary concerns.
I understand what the developers are talking about, but its been 4 whole years since the Bogsnakes have come out. I appreciate their attempt to bring ancient breeds into the mix and create new dragons, but even their genes arent that special in the long run. There are many ways they could have made the ancient breeds more interactable, even if they don't have apparel themselves. They could have also made skins for the ancient breeds when they came out to support the currently dwindling skin amount for the breed, but they decided that bringing a new dragon in the mix was enough. Its also important to mention that the colors that were used for the ancient breeds were normal for dragons already, and the genes on the dragon's arent as drastic as I thought the ancient breeds would have been when they came out. Back in 2016 there was far less outfit pieces than there are now, and although it would have been harder to make modern breeds now, they probably would be able to back then. And if not, they could have created a dragon back then and worked on it over the course of two ish years as a side project, and including all of the newer apparel that are coming out now with it (making their future struggles a little bit less). Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general. I would understand the change if there were problems with the dragon pages as a unit, but there really weren't any problems to note.

(Bolding mine)

What makes you think they didn't do this? I don't think development of a new modern breed started only when they first revealed their plans for ancients. They likely had plans for it not long after they released bogsneaks, but it's impossible for us to know.

As for "Instead, they decided to focus on things like this, which changes the way the players play and there weren't as many problems with the system already in place in general." well, it's different teams that work on these things. They're not taking artists off the Apparel-Queue Team to put them to work on the Scene Team or the Dragon-Page-Layout Team. It's all different people with different jobs to do.
What Veradana said.
Also, a few of the Dev Updates include information about their latest progress at designing the next modern breed--complete with visual bars and colors to show how much has been finished and how much remains.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x