Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 7th Anniversary: Dragon Profile Revamp
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 212 213
[quote name="mony" date="2020-06-08 08:16:44" ] @Astr0fish they do change constantly. It's very distracting to say the least. I don't have the phoenix or the frog, so I can't say if those even go in order of their stages. [/quote] I see y'all are talking about the dynamic familiars. I hadn't taken a look at a dragon with a dynamic familiar yet but wow, what a change. I do agree that it constantly changing is distracting, as opposed to previously where it would be different each refresh
mony wrote on 2020-06-08 08:16:44:
@Astr0fish
they do change constantly. It's very distracting to say the least. I don't have the phoenix or the frog, so I can't say if those even go in order of their stages.
I see y'all are talking about the dynamic familiars. I hadn't taken a look at a dragon with a dynamic familiar yet but wow, what a change. I do agree that it constantly changing is distracting, as opposed to previously where it would be different each refresh
14743454p.png
Fandragon
directory!

TO5f5vS.png
mlHpBMC.png
Pgv53XB.png
lAvpyOQ.png
loimysO.png
60eldD0.gif
Rq2knnC.png
uPNWHgD.png
LIsmQsQ.png
ELWEhez.png
R1dejfm.png

Temple of Time Hatchery
Oh my! There is [i]so[/i] much to unpack here, but first off! [quote]That being said, this day is also for you. To those who have been with us since the beginning and to those who have just joined us: thank you for being a part of our community and our world. We appreciate you.[/quote] I'd just like to say that I appreciate [i]you[/i] staff, for continuing to make Flight Rising a wonderful game to enjoy. I've been an active member since the launch month, and it's been a fantastic ride so far, despite all the hiccups and bumps along the way. FR is one of the few websites I really have a strong passion for, and is pretty much where I spend all my free time - so bless you, and all the hard work you do for us. [emoji=familiar heart size=1] So about the most obvious new feature: dragon profiles! I have mixed feelings about it, personally - because on one hand it's gotten a [i]much[/i] needed interface update, and I'm loving how sleek it looks, I also think it's just a tad cluttered / information overload mode now, too! I would really like to see the option to turn some of these things off from being visibly/publicly seen, namely: apparel/skins, battle information, the lineage list (this is something people have been asking a toggle for for quite some time!), and the Dragon Likes feature. I think the Likes feature should be something people can turn off in their settings entirely, not just notifications for them eventually, because not everyone may enjoy being reminded of how popular (or unpopular!) their dragons are. I think it makes it a bit of a popularity contest and [i]may[/i] stress out some folks, so I think a toggle/ability to opt out would be a good idea? Other than it looking a tad cluttered / information overload, I actually really enjoy the update for the most part! I do think adding everything that was customizable to the top was an excellent idea; seeing the familiar right next to the dragon can really showcase it off for people who color/theme-match their familiars to their dragons! Speaking of, the ability to name familiars is [b]literally the best hecking thing[/b] and makes me really excited to come up with thematic names for mine now! Thank you so much, FR! Oh, I really like the Scene option since it makes the background less blaringly white for folks and while it's not quite a Dark Mode, it does help a lot with being less eye-straining I think! I think the option to toggle Scenic Mode was a good choice too. Gosh now I have to find Scenes for everyone! Aha I already had so many goals and now you're adding to them, oh boy! But this is gonna be fun. :D Also I have a Scene on one of my dragons who has a halo and if I'm not mistaken it appears y'all have fixed the issue with the glow being abruptly cut off for some of them? :D As far as Dragon Likes go - I haven't clicked it yet, but will there be an option to see a person's Dragon Likes / collection of liked dragons? I'd love to not only be able to Like a dragon but also sort of "store" it in a group where I can revisit those dragons again easily to admire them instead of having to track down the ID / profile once more for them. Being able to directly import a dragon into the Morphology is a nice little quality-of-life update that really streamlines the process. I love it! Singular feeding has to be [b]one of the most exciting updates[/b] not gonna lie; I imagine this makes the game [i]so much[/i] more accessible to the people who play it very casually! It can also save on food for people who don't have as many resources, like folks who are new! That being said I'm probably not going to wind up using it for now - the Well-Fed bonus of +5 gathering turns and a gem every day is a bit too much to pass up, and I'm not wanting for food! I do absolutely love this being a thing though, and I can see myself using it sometime down the road if I'm really low on energy someday and only want to work with a few dragons instead of stress out about all of them! Are we going to be able to preview Scenes on dragons in the Dressing Room? I think since that's a part of customization now for a dragon that it would be a good thing to add! Also! I don't know if anyone's pointed this out or not, but I saw a small mistake: when you hover over dragons' breeding button in the Hibernal Den it says "Dragons resting in the [b]Hibernal Den[/b] cannot be [b]fed[/b]." Shouldn't that be the tooltip for the Feed button instead? The Feed button, on the other hand, says the following: "[b]Feed[/b] this dragon." Anyways, to summarize - I'm really thrilled with this update, although I think a few changes/implementations could be added to make it even better. Thank you so much FR staff for making yet another year wonderful to continue being on this site! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Bless and I hope y'all have a fantastic day today! :D
Oh my! There is so much to unpack here, but first off!
Quote:
That being said, this day is also for you. To those who have been with us since the beginning and to those who have just joined us: thank you for being a part of our community and our world. We appreciate you.

I'd just like to say that I appreciate you staff, for continuing to make Flight Rising a wonderful game to enjoy. I've been an active member since the launch month, and it's been a fantastic ride so far, despite all the hiccups and bumps along the way. FR is one of the few websites I really have a strong passion for, and is pretty much where I spend all my free time - so bless you, and all the hard work you do for us.

So about the most obvious new feature: dragon profiles! I have mixed feelings about it, personally - because on one hand it's gotten a much needed interface update, and I'm loving how sleek it looks, I also think it's just a tad cluttered / information overload mode now, too! I would really like to see the option to turn some of these things off from being visibly/publicly seen, namely: apparel/skins, battle information, the lineage list (this is something people have been asking a toggle for for quite some time!), and the Dragon Likes feature. I think the Likes feature should be something people can turn off in their settings entirely, not just notifications for them eventually, because not everyone may enjoy being reminded of how popular (or unpopular!) their dragons are. I think it makes it a bit of a popularity contest and may stress out some folks, so I think a toggle/ability to opt out would be a good idea?

Other than it looking a tad cluttered / information overload, I actually really enjoy the update for the most part! I do think adding everything that was customizable to the top was an excellent idea; seeing the familiar right next to the dragon can really showcase it off for people who color/theme-match their familiars to their dragons! Speaking of, the ability to name familiars is literally the best hecking thing and makes me really excited to come up with thematic names for mine now! Thank you so much, FR!

Oh, I really like the Scene option since it makes the background less blaringly white for folks and while it's not quite a Dark Mode, it does help a lot with being less eye-straining I think! I think the option to toggle Scenic Mode was a good choice too. Gosh now I have to find Scenes for everyone! Aha I already had so many goals and now you're adding to them, oh boy! But this is gonna be fun. :D Also I have a Scene on one of my dragons who has a halo and if I'm not mistaken it appears y'all have fixed the issue with the glow being abruptly cut off for some of them? :D

As far as Dragon Likes go - I haven't clicked it yet, but will there be an option to see a person's Dragon Likes / collection of liked dragons? I'd love to not only be able to Like a dragon but also sort of "store" it in a group where I can revisit those dragons again easily to admire them instead of having to track down the ID / profile once more for them.

Being able to directly import a dragon into the Morphology is a nice little quality-of-life update that really streamlines the process. I love it!

Singular feeding has to be one of the most exciting updates not gonna lie; I imagine this makes the game so much more accessible to the people who play it very casually! It can also save on food for people who don't have as many resources, like folks who are new! That being said I'm probably not going to wind up using it for now - the Well-Fed bonus of +5 gathering turns and a gem every day is a bit too much to pass up, and I'm not wanting for food! I do absolutely love this being a thing though, and I can see myself using it sometime down the road if I'm really low on energy someday and only want to work with a few dragons instead of stress out about all of them!

Are we going to be able to preview Scenes on dragons in the Dressing Room? I think since that's a part of customization now for a dragon that it would be a good thing to add!

Also! I don't know if anyone's pointed this out or not, but I saw a small mistake: when you hover over dragons' breeding button in the Hibernal Den it says "Dragons resting in the Hibernal Den cannot be fed." Shouldn't that be the tooltip for the Feed button instead? The Feed button, on the other hand, says the following: "Feed this dragon."

Anyways, to summarize - I'm really thrilled with this update, although I think a few changes/implementations could be added to make it even better. Thank you so much FR staff for making yet another year wonderful to continue being on this site! Bless and I hope y'all have a fantastic day today! :D
2022_fr-signature.png
VAIXATION
(vikes-ZAY-shun)
THEY/THEM/THEIRS
2022_fr-signature-margin.png
2022_fr-profile-divider-4.png
ABOUT || ART || ACCENTS
2022_fr-profile-divider-1.png
2022_fr-signature-2.png
So many cool additions!

Though my gripes are the empty blocks for apparel.
Also. Is there a way to see what your most liked dragon is?
So many cool additions!

Though my gripes are the empty blocks for apparel.
Also. Is there a way to see what your most liked dragon is?
w5ew2DI.pngjZrUnmb.pngVA4qnlJ.pngAY4kYGm.pngpPPA8FZ.png
[/center]
apparel, skin and scene info could have probably been a drop down button. The most important aspect of those things is the Visual on the dragon itself, and curious players can view the drop down if they want to know more.

The giant report button under familiars was a choice...
apparel, skin and scene info could have probably been a drop down button. The most important aspect of those things is the Visual on the dragon itself, and curious players can view the drop down if they want to know more.

The giant report button under familiars was a choice...
8TLC0UV.png Hey Neighbor • A Helping Hand
Eeveelution Forum Game
Wishlist
x x x x x x x x x x?CQ2-L=party.png
So.... this update is great and I really like being able to name familiars and the scenes but.... I kinda hate that the choose familiar page refreshes every time you click a new familiar. I like to try on tons of familiars before choosing one and this just slows down my experience so much and makes it more of a chore than a fun activity :(
So.... this update is great and I really like being able to name familiars and the scenes but.... I kinda hate that the choose familiar page refreshes every time you click a new familiar. I like to try on tons of familiars before choosing one and this just slows down my experience so much and makes it more of a chore than a fun activity :(
hewwo
[quote name="Crim" date="2020-06-08 08:07:40" ] [quote name="Spiteweaver" date="2020-06-08 08:03:40" ] I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but... The new dragon profile layout is way too big and clunky, and it pushes the bio section way too far down the page. I consider my bios the most important parts of my dragons. I'm a writer, and I want people viewing my dragons to see my lore first and foremost. With the old layout, the description always felt front and center. The dragon's information may have come first, but it was tucked away to the side. The bio was the biggest part of the layout, and it was right underneath the dragon, making it easier and more natural to scroll down to view it. Now it gets lost in a sea of huge, ugly buttons. [/quote] I agree with this 100%, I think that giving people the option to hide whichever parts they want would be the best solution to this problem. All the info could still be viewable by others in a dropdown menu, perhaps? [/quote] seconding this so hard, please let us either hide unneeded boxes or switch their places to our liking!
Crim wrote on 2020-06-08 08:07:40:
Spiteweaver wrote on 2020-06-08 08:03:40:
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but...

The new dragon profile layout is way too big and clunky, and it pushes the bio section way too far down the page. I consider my bios the most important parts of my dragons. I'm a writer, and I want people viewing my dragons to see my lore first and foremost.

With the old layout, the description always felt front and center. The dragon's information may have come first, but it was tucked away to the side. The bio was the biggest part of the layout, and it was right underneath the dragon, making it easier and more natural to scroll down to view it.

Now it gets lost in a sea of huge, ugly buttons.

I agree with this 100%, I think that giving people the option to hide whichever parts they want would be the best solution to this problem. All the info could still be viewable by others in a dropdown menu, perhaps?

seconding this so hard, please let us either hide unneeded boxes or switch their places to our liking!
NmS5GYp.png LRsHRNT.png b8wk9GD.png DtPHRBn.png
Cool!!!! Dragon backgrounds are great (current selection is tiny and gem ones are WAY expensive, but I'm looking forward to more), familiar and apparel filtering are awesome (I've wanted those for ages!! Oh, and now I can see the dragon on the familiar-choice page for easier matching, yay!), and everything else is good too! Aww, we can name familiars, that's adorable.

One minor issue: I don't like how right now the default dragon background is a messy partially-whited-out version of the flight background. I think plain white would be a lot cleaner and nicer-looking. (Or a cheap plain-white scene! Or plain scenes in lots of other colors...)
Cool!!!! Dragon backgrounds are great (current selection is tiny and gem ones are WAY expensive, but I'm looking forward to more), familiar and apparel filtering are awesome (I've wanted those for ages!! Oh, and now I can see the dragon on the familiar-choice page for easier matching, yay!), and everything else is good too! Aww, we can name familiars, that's adorable.

One minor issue: I don't like how right now the default dragon background is a messy partially-whited-out version of the flight background. I think plain white would be a lot cleaner and nicer-looking. (Or a cheap plain-white scene! Or plain scenes in lots of other colors...)
Happy 7th, Flight Rising! I only came back a few days ago, but man was it a good time to do so. The dragon profile layout change is very take-it-or-leave-it to me; I don't really care about the change, be it positively or negatively. Everything else, though? Godssend. Especially the ability to sort apparel and familiars. Especially familiars. I have several hundred of them. This will make it so much easier to manage them!

Great work, staff; here's to many more years to come!
Happy 7th, Flight Rising! I only came back a few days ago, but man was it a good time to do so. The dragon profile layout change is very take-it-or-leave-it to me; I don't really care about the change, be it positively or negatively. Everything else, though? Godssend. Especially the ability to sort apparel and familiars. Especially familiars. I have several hundred of them. This will make it so much easier to manage them!

Great work, staff; here's to many more years to come!
veIUktm.pngUVjYk64.pngPPoHuKn.png
[emoji=firework size=1] happy 7th birthday, pixel dragon website! [emoji=firework size=1]
happy 7th birthday, pixel dragon website!

Seeker Orb
rhae
any pronouns
fr +3
[emoji=familiar heart size=1]
1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 212 213