Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tips on how to survive a horror game
1 2 3
So, yeah I decided to play SOMA which pretty much entails a ‘no fighting back’ policy just a lot of running away and screaming and possibly enjoying a good old insanity retirement.

So, I’ve just seen the first scary TV monster and I’m glitching out and hiding and I wanna be bravesies and do stuff so like hmu with tips on how to bravesies so I van livesies to see the endsies pls and ty
So, yeah I decided to play SOMA which pretty much entails a ‘no fighting back’ policy just a lot of running away and screaming and possibly enjoying a good old insanity retirement.

So, I’ve just seen the first scary TV monster and I’m glitching out and hiding and I wanna be bravesies and do stuff so like hmu with tips on how to bravesies so I van livesies to see the endsies pls and ty
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
Pretend your Steve Irwin. It’s really helpful, pretending you’re exploring and explaining as you go.
Pretend your Steve Irwin. It’s really helpful, pretending you’re exploring and explaining as you go.
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
But he actually wrestled thing. Simon only fears. Simon is a wimp.
But he actually wrestled thing. Simon only fears. Simon is a wimp.
The TV monster followed me upstairs

Imma head out
The TV monster followed me upstairs

Imma head out
Alrighty, I don’t play horror games, but heck you better believe I’ve been watching way too much horror and true crime stuff on YouTube so I know stuff probably
Just don’t play the game after dinner
Play it when it’s light and lovely outside
That’s what usually keeps my little bit of sanity still in my head
For horror games, just don’t die I guess
*jazz hands*
Alrighty, I don’t play horror games, but heck you better believe I’ve been watching way too much horror and true crime stuff on YouTube so I know stuff probably
Just don’t play the game after dinner
Play it when it’s light and lovely outside
That’s what usually keeps my little bit of sanity still in my head
For horror games, just don’t die I guess
*jazz hands*
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
I'm in the same boat with @Eurydise . I hate actually PLAYING the horror games, but i'm 100% love WATCHING horror games.

My tip? If it looks suspicious, give it a wiiiiddddeee berth, so if it decides to animate and try to eat you, you have plenty of space to run for your life.

If you're being chased, don't try and look back as you run. You'll run into a wall or something and die.
I'm in the same boat with @Eurydise . I hate actually PLAYING the horror games, but i'm 100% love WATCHING horror games.

My tip? If it looks suspicious, give it a wiiiiddddeee berth, so if it decides to animate and try to eat you, you have plenty of space to run for your life.

If you're being chased, don't try and look back as you run. You'll run into a wall or something and die.
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
Yeah, so I ran upstairs and was basically blocked in. And then the monster stopped by the stairs and I’m thinking “oh good he cant come up” and then he started walking up the stairs annnnd i exited the game fast.

All I can basically do is crouch because if I run it will hear me and it freaks the Simon wuss out. And the hiding spots arent that great. Fear in every corner.
Yeah, so I ran upstairs and was basically blocked in. And then the monster stopped by the stairs and I’m thinking “oh good he cant come up” and then he started walking up the stairs annnnd i exited the game fast.

All I can basically do is crouch because if I run it will hear me and it freaks the Simon wuss out. And the hiding spots arent that great. Fear in every corner.
The answer is easy: you don't survive a horror game.
The answer is easy: you don't survive a horror game.
How to survive a horror game: stand still
How to survive a horror game: stand still
1) Call them names.

Yeah, insulting a monster you're hiding from can be quite cathartic and gets the stress out of your system a bit. Though, it can backfire if that's the moment the monsters decides your entrails look tasty.

2) Imagine them with inappropriate voice

And by that, I mean imagine this big hulking monster with this high-pitched squeaky chipmunk voice, making dumb comments while it's looking for you.

3) Have a youtube list of silly music for when the monster turns up.

Yakety Sax is my go-to, it always makes chases funny, but any music that makes you happy/giggle is good, too. Though...that could backfire, too.

4) The Guaranteed Method of survival

Uninstall the game. Can't get you if you just don't play :P
1) Call them names.

Yeah, insulting a monster you're hiding from can be quite cathartic and gets the stress out of your system a bit. Though, it can backfire if that's the moment the monsters decides your entrails look tasty.

2) Imagine them with inappropriate voice

And by that, I mean imagine this big hulking monster with this high-pitched squeaky chipmunk voice, making dumb comments while it's looking for you.

3) Have a youtube list of silly music for when the monster turns up.

Yakety Sax is my go-to, it always makes chases funny, but any music that makes you happy/giggle is good, too. Though...that could backfire, too.

4) The Guaranteed Method of survival

Uninstall the game. Can't get you if you just don't play :P
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
1 2 3