Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you find FR?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13
i had a friend on scratch and she quit scratch to play FR and linked it to me! she's never on anymore and i haven't talked to her in a long time but i'm glad she introduced me to this site before she left :')
i had a friend on scratch and she quit scratch to play FR and linked it to me! she's never on anymore and i haven't talked to her in a long time but i'm glad she introduced me to this site before she left :')
__ xiq! #359104
[ she/they ⋅ FR +3 ⋅ wishlist ]
chicken smoothie ;)
chicken smoothie ;)
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
When the site first opened, a lot of people from the neotag on tumblr came to try it out and were posting about it. I lurked that tag a lot, so I did the same, and here we are now.
When the site first opened, a lot of people from the neotag on tumblr came to try it out and were posting about it. I lurked that tag a lot, so I did the same, and here we are now.
Calathea-elderflower.png
I saw promotions for the kickstarter on Tumblr in 2012 and thought it looked interesting but didn't pay it much attention otherwise. I ended up living with someone in 2013 who started playing pretty much as soon as the game launched and they were gushing about it but I was a little contrarian so I ignored them.
In 2014 that same person told me a reg window was coming up but I was pretty much working and having mental breakdowns 24/7 at that time so I missed it.
Finally, in Spring of 2015 there was another reg window and I joined just in time! I wish it hadn't taken me so long but I'm glad I made my way here.

[EDIT] The roommate who started playing before me no longer plays and we are no longer in touch. I like to think I got FR in the divorce :P
I saw promotions for the kickstarter on Tumblr in 2012 and thought it looked interesting but didn't pay it much attention otherwise. I ended up living with someone in 2013 who started playing pretty much as soon as the game launched and they were gushing about it but I was a little contrarian so I ignored them.
In 2014 that same person told me a reg window was coming up but I was pretty much working and having mental breakdowns 24/7 at that time so I missed it.
Finally, in Spring of 2015 there was another reg window and I joined just in time! I wish it hadn't taken me so long but I'm glad I made my way here.

[EDIT] The roommate who started playing before me no longer plays and we are no longer in touch. I like to think I got FR in the divorce :P
chicken smoothie lol
chicken smoothie lol
how do those work
A friend of mine posted a few dragons of hers on a discord channel, and everyone was enamored by them. We asked where they were from, and well here we are.

This dragon in particular caught a lot of people's attention :D
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=487296&tab=dragon&did=53313906
A friend of mine posted a few dragons of hers on a discord channel, and everyone was enamored by them. We asked where they were from, and well here we are.

This dragon in particular caught a lot of people's attention :D
https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=487296&tab=dragon&did=53313906
A friend of mine who I went to a teen writer's group with one day brought her laptop and was messing around with the scrying workshop sometime during January of 2015. I thought "woaaah, that's the COOLEST thing I've ever seen, I so want in on this". She let me mess around with it and try out different gene combinations, and after that point I was absolutely sold, cus I loved dragons. That was when registration windows were still a thing, so I had to wait three months just to get in (while not knowing, for most of that time, when it would actually be opening). I hyperfixated on it to [i]death[/i] ahead of time, reading everything I could about the deities, elements, and lore, and I actively dug through people's lairs and saved dragon images I particularly liked. At first I was planning on joining Ice because I liked fossils, but after losing my mind from excitement with the announcement of the next open registration window, I changed my mind the DAY before to Wind, since the description of it felt like it fit my personality a lot more. The window opened on a school day, so I got up super early - I think 5:00 AM - just to sign up the moment it opened. Of course I forgot that the time zone FR is in is two hours behind mine, so I ended up waiting another 2 hours and posting about it on other platforms, which brought 3 or 4 of my other friends to join it, too. The friend who introduced it to me seriously did a lot to help me get started. She gave me a whole bunch of dragons and skins as a gift, and [i]fully[/i] trained two glass cannons for me [i]with eliminates[/i] so that I could use the coli, all for free. Seriously. I'm forever in her debt, and those [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=135561&tab=dragon&did=10192298]two[/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=135561&did=12117896]dragons[/url] are still among my favorites out of all the ones I have. She doesn't play it anymore due to busy life schedules and whatnot, and I've since moved to Fire a while back, but I'm so glad she introduced it to me. It's definitely not gonna leave my interest anytime soon, (almost) five years strong. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
A friend of mine who I went to a teen writer's group with one day brought her laptop and was messing around with the scrying workshop sometime during January of 2015. I thought "woaaah, that's the COOLEST thing I've ever seen, I so want in on this". She let me mess around with it and try out different gene combinations, and after that point I was absolutely sold, cus I loved dragons.

That was when registration windows were still a thing, so I had to wait three months just to get in (while not knowing, for most of that time, when it would actually be opening). I hyperfixated on it to death ahead of time, reading everything I could about the deities, elements, and lore, and I actively dug through people's lairs and saved dragon images I particularly liked. At first I was planning on joining Ice because I liked fossils, but after losing my mind from excitement with the announcement of the next open registration window, I changed my mind the DAY before to Wind, since the description of it felt like it fit my personality a lot more.

The window opened on a school day, so I got up super early - I think 5:00 AM - just to sign up the moment it opened. Of course I forgot that the time zone FR is in is two hours behind mine, so I ended up waiting another 2 hours and posting about it on other platforms, which brought 3 or 4 of my other friends to join it, too.

The friend who introduced it to me seriously did a lot to help me get started. She gave me a whole bunch of dragons and skins as a gift, and fully trained two glass cannons for me with eliminates so that I could use the coli, all for free. Seriously. I'm forever in her debt, and those two dragons are still among my favorites out of all the ones I have.

She doesn't play it anymore due to busy life schedules and whatnot, and I've since moved to Fire a while back, but I'm so glad she introduced it to me. It's definitely not gonna leave my interest anytime soon, (almost) five years strong.
latest?cb=20140703135024.png
⊗ Max
⊗ 23
⊗xe/they
⊗ fr +2

sNd5wqe.png hphjQR4.png
89NiKF4.png COSMOSIS_tiny_sepia_logo.png EDjLhcC.png egg_fire_bouncy_by_dogi_crimson-dabjwuf.gifuD7taRL.png
kCHWEjf.png6dnHKBv.png
Originally through Ovipets! I didn't play it, but knew about it. Then a few friends mentioned they played it in a roleplay server I was in and now here I am!
Originally through Ovipets! I didn't play it, but knew about it. Then a few friends mentioned they played it in a roleplay server I was in and now here I am!
PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

I found it through the transformice forums
I found it through the transformice forums
2917.png
q9EEy5M.png
5xsrc8Y.png
DxCICZ1.png

She/He
Adult
Dragon sales
I think it was either through Chicken Smoothie or Animal Jam; one of those, I'm not completely sure
I think it was either through Chicken Smoothie or Animal Jam; one of those, I'm not completely sure
aw heck now i have nothing to put here again
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 13