Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | #UnnamedIsValid
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 162 163
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-01-28 17:33:19" ] [quote name="Skywolf1" date="2020-01-28 16:39:11" ] NO...NO..NO support. If you want to fight them just name them. Unnameds are fine for lore...or even selling or exalting (not a fan of unnamed exalts) even though i wish FR would ban unnamed exalts but they cant fight because the game sees them as not valid or worthy enough to fight. if you are going to go through the time to train them just to get rid of them. you can take two minutes to invest in a name. they are social creatures and having a name is a HUGE part of socialization. in fact it is the FIRST part. so no they should not be allowed to fight if they are unnamed. i like that it is kinda a "Punishment/incentive" to name your dragons. [/quote] There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play Yes this suggestion might increase the number of dragons exalted unnamed, but players who dislike unnamed dragons can already prevent them by naming the dragons while they still belong to them. Dragons may be social creatures but it doesn't mean they need names. For you it may make perfect sense, but it doesn't mean everyone agrees with that. Dragons aren't humans so their concepts of self and identify can be different from humans, so in theory names may not be something they use. In fact at least one breed it could be argued that they probably don't use names: Tundras have poor memory when it comes to things like names, faces and details instead they rely on their olfactory memory, from a lore stand point its unlikely Tundras use names as we understand them [/quote] how do you train an "unnamed" they cant fight. the only way to get around that is to "NAME" them something like "Nameless" or something.
DragonSage wrote on 2020-01-28 17:33:19:
Skywolf1 wrote on 2020-01-28 16:39:11:
NO...NO..NO support. If you want to fight them just name them. Unnameds are fine for lore...or even selling or exalting (not a fan of unnamed exalts) even though i wish FR would ban unnamed exalts but they cant fight because the game sees them as not valid or worthy enough to fight. if you are going to go through the time to train them just to get rid of them. you can take two minutes to invest in a name. they are social creatures and having a name is a HUGE part of socialization. in fact it is the FIRST part. so no they should not be allowed to fight if they are unnamed. i like that it is kinda a "Punishment/incentive" to name your dragons.
There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play

Yes this suggestion might increase the number of dragons exalted unnamed, but players who dislike unnamed dragons can already prevent them by naming the dragons while they still belong to them.

Dragons may be social creatures but it doesn't mean they need names. For you it may make perfect sense, but it doesn't mean everyone agrees with that. Dragons aren't humans so their concepts of self and identify can be different from humans, so in theory names may not be something they use. In fact at least one breed it could be argued that they probably don't use names: Tundras have poor memory when it comes to things like names, faces and details instead they rely on their olfactory memory, from a lore stand point its unlikely Tundras use names as we understand them

how do you train an "unnamed" they cant fight. the only way to get around that is to "NAME" them something like "Nameless" or something.
#unnamedisNOTvalid
Please ping me for all fourm responses.
7AJIzEM.png?2.png
[quote name="@Skywolf1" date="2020-01-28 17:51:55" ] [quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-01-28 17:33:19" ] There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and [b]want to be able to train[/b] their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play [/quote] how do you train an "unnamed" they cant fight. the only way to get around that is to "NAME" them something like "Nameless" or something. [/quote] We can't, and we want to be able to train them, hence why this thread exists
@Skywolf1 wrote on 2020-01-28 17:51:55:
There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and want to be able to train their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play

how do you train an "unnamed" they cant fight. the only way to get around that is to "NAME" them something like "Nameless" or something.

We can't, and we want to be able to train them, hence why this thread exists
KreseKaleiSign.png

Also visit:
Light Dom Shop
#Unnamedisvalid
My Challenges
Dragons for Sale
[quote name="Skywolf1" date="2020-01-28 17:51:55" ] how do you train an "unnamed" they cant fight. the only way to get around that is to "NAME" them something like "Nameless" or something. [/quote] This suggestion is about allowing Unnamed dragons into the coliseum. It makes no sense that Unnamed dragons can do everything that a Named dragon can do except fight in the coliseum. Nameless and NoName although similar in meaning to Unnamed have completely different aesthetics and can have different connotations to a person.
Skywolf1 wrote on 2020-01-28 17:51:55:
This suggestion is about allowing Unnamed dragons into the coliseum. It makes no sense that Unnamed dragons can do everything that a Named dragon can do except fight in the coliseum.

Nameless and NoName although similar in meaning to Unnamed have completely different aesthetics and can have different connotations to a person.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
As holyshipper said, that is exactly why this thread exists. If unnamed were allowed to fight in the coliseum, you would train them exactly as you would train a named dragon.

It makes no sense that the only thing that unnamed dragons cannot do is fight in the coliseum. (unless it literally is a coding issue, which it very well might be, due to unnamed being the default name, but I feel that could be gotten around with by some coding tricks)

They can breed, they can be exalted, they can be dressed, breed changed, color changed, sold, etc. except fight.
As holyshipper said, that is exactly why this thread exists. If unnamed were allowed to fight in the coliseum, you would train them exactly as you would train a named dragon.

It makes no sense that the only thing that unnamed dragons cannot do is fight in the coliseum. (unless it literally is a coding issue, which it very well might be, due to unnamed being the default name, but I feel that could be gotten around with by some coding tricks)

They can breed, they can be exalted, they can be dressed, breed changed, color changed, sold, etc. except fight.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="HolyShipper" date="2020-01-28 17:58:38" ] [quote name="@Skywolf1" date="2020-01-28 17:51:55" ] [quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-01-28 17:33:19" ] There are many people who have permanent Unnamed dragons for lore purposes and [b]want to be able to train[/b] their Unnamed dragon because it better fits their lore. This is a perfectly valid way to play [/quote] how do you train an "unnamed" they cant fight. the only way to get around that is to "NAME" them something like "Nameless" or something. [/quote] We can't, and we want to be able to train them, hence why this thread exists [/quote] Ah. sorry. sometimes i read too fast.
HolyShipper wrote on 2020-01-28 17:58:38:
@Skywolf1 wrote on 2020-01-28 17:51:55:

We can't, and we want to be able to train them, hence why this thread exists

Ah. sorry. sometimes i read too fast.
#unnamedisNOTvalid
Please ping me for all fourm responses.
7AJIzEM.png?2.png
I'll always agree with unnamed dragons being able to do EVERYTHING another dragon can. The only argument that shows up against unnamed dragons in the coliseum tends to be just wanting to control how other players play the game, which doesn't seem like a very good reason to not implement a feature that would let people play in the coliseum with all of their grown up dragons.
I'll always agree with unnamed dragons being able to do EVERYTHING another dragon can. The only argument that shows up against unnamed dragons in the coliseum tends to be just wanting to control how other players play the game, which doesn't seem like a very good reason to not implement a feature that would let people play in the coliseum with all of their grown up dragons.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2020-01-28 19:46:27" ] I'll always agree with unnamed dragons being able to do EVERYTHING another dragon can. The only argument that shows up against unnamed dragons in the coliseum tends to be just wanting to control how other players play the game, which doesn't seem like a very good reason to not implement a feature that would let people play in the coliseum with all of their grown up dragons. [/quote] Yeah I agree. I don't really know why Unnameds aren't allowed in the coli but I just know its always been that way.
Wizardry wrote on 2020-01-28 19:46:27:

Yeah I agree. I don't really know why Unnameds aren't allowed in the coli but I just know its always been that way.
XriSV9h.gif
Still in support of this. I have a guardian pining away in my lair becuase he cant go out to find his charge. He knows his charge is in one of the coli venues, he can feel it. And yet he cant go find that charge. He was not named, and views names as something to be earned, given to you by someone special in your life. He wants his charge to name him, yet he cannot go there as of now. So he wastes away until he can.
Still in support of this. I have a guardian pining away in my lair becuase he cant go out to find his charge. He knows his charge is in one of the coli venues, he can feel it. And yet he cant go find that charge. He was not named, and views names as something to be earned, given to you by someone special in your life. He wants his charge to name him, yet he cannot go there as of now. So he wastes away until he can.
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="Wizardry" date="2020-01-28 19:46:27" ] I'll always agree with unnamed dragons being able to do EVERYTHING another dragon can. The only argument that shows up against unnamed dragons in the coliseum tends to be just wanting to control how other players play the game, which doesn't seem like a very good reason to not implement a feature that would let people play in the coliseum with all of their grown up dragons. [/quote] Also right now it's the only way to control our coliseum list. As long as Unnamed dragons are ineligible, then you can filter them out.
Wizardry wrote on 2020-01-28 19:46:27:
Also right now it's the only way to control our coliseum list. As long as Unnamed dragons are ineligible, then you can filter them out.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Always agree on this one.

To those who would rather not fight with unnamed in the coli, the solution is simple: don't fight with unnamed in the coli lol. No one is ever gonna make you. The whole point is that people should be able to do what they want.

The coli ban should definitely be lifted, because it doesn't impact the playstyle of people who would rather not level unnamed dragons but enables viable play options for those who would like to. It takes away from no one and is only beneficial.

(And I do understand people hate the aesthetic of unnamed in the offspring list- I'm just not too sympathetic because they had the power to prevent it. I'd support a toggle if similar features hadn't resulted in horrific lag historically. When there is such a simple solution, it is hard for me to feel like it should be a top priority. But if one comes about I'd celebrate for those who have been wanting them- it's not like I relish in the issue haha.)
Always agree on this one.

To those who would rather not fight with unnamed in the coli, the solution is simple: don't fight with unnamed in the coli lol. No one is ever gonna make you. The whole point is that people should be able to do what they want.

The coli ban should definitely be lifted, because it doesn't impact the playstyle of people who would rather not level unnamed dragons but enables viable play options for those who would like to. It takes away from no one and is only beneficial.

(And I do understand people hate the aesthetic of unnamed in the offspring list- I'm just not too sympathetic because they had the power to prevent it. I'd support a toggle if similar features hadn't resulted in horrific lag historically. When there is such a simple solution, it is hard for me to feel like it should be a top priority. But if one comes about I'd celebrate for those who have been wanting them- it's not like I relish in the issue haha.)
zzOk4k4.png
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 162 163