Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | (again) Friendly reminder to....
1 2 3
I mean, at least we're learning who to avoid?
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
[quote name="qunii" date="2020-01-24 11:12:45" ] [quote name="alethi" date="2020-01-24 10:22:56" ] and so the block list grows... [/quote] Also, after having to deal with so many rude, transphobic, and gatekeeping comments today, I'd like to request [i]everyone[/i], no matter your opinions on trans people or gender identity, to [i]please[/i] respect others' pronouns and gender identities. Yes an NPC does not have feelings and does not care what you call her, but in my view that's just one step closer to you not respecting actual trans people. Just my two cents on the whole fiasco. I really don't like feeling like I have to prove my own identity to the whole world. [/quote]
qunii wrote on 2020-01-24 11:12:45:
alethi wrote on 2020-01-24 10:22:56:
and so the block list grows...

Also, after having to deal with so many rude, transphobic, and gatekeeping comments today, I'd like to request everyone, no matter your opinions on trans people or gender identity, to please respect others' pronouns and gender identities. Yes an NPC does not have feelings and does not care what you call her, but in my view that's just one step closer to you not respecting actual trans people.

Just my two cents on the whole fiasco.
I really don't like feeling like I have to prove my own identity to the whole world.
I hoard:
Nocturne Puppet
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Mono - He/They - 20
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhy do Love and Hate sound
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.just the same to me?

xxxxxxxxx.
xxxxxxxxx.FR Time +2 | PING IF QUOTING/REPLYING !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLore
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWishlist
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxArt Shop
[quote name="alethi" date="2020-01-24 10:22:56" ] and so the block list grows... [/quote]
Accent Shop

Doodle Shop
soudasig_by_eggdis-dbau8f2.png
[quote name="qunii" date="2020-01-24 11:12:45" ] [quote name="alethi" date="2020-01-24 10:22:56" ] and so the block list grows... [/quote] Also, after having to deal with so many rude, transphobic, and gatekeeping comments today, I'd like to request [i]everyone[/i], no matter your opinions on trans people or gender identity, to [i]please[/i] respect others' pronouns and gender identities. Yes an NPC does not have feelings and does not care what you call her, but in my view that's just one step closer to you not respecting actual trans people. Just my two cents on the whole fiasco. I really don't like feeling like I have to prove my own identity to the whole world. [/quote] I never understood why it's considered difficult to call people by their preferred pronouns. It takes literally zero effort and costs you nothing, while providing basic respect and acceptance to the other party. If I wanted people to exclusively call me Zorgot the Barbarian I assume that most would, because addressing people how they want to be addressed is simple human decency. If you (general you, not you OP) struggle to understand the concept, think about how shocking it is to be called the wrong name or addressed accidentally as "ma'am" or "sir" due to an honest mistake. Now imagine that the person is doing it on purpose because they refuse to accept your own identity, and they claim to somehow know your identity better than yourself. Would you still think they respect and value you?
qunii wrote on 2020-01-24 11:12:45:

Also, after having to deal with so many rude, transphobic, and gatekeeping comments today, I'd like to request everyone, no matter your opinions on trans people or gender identity, to please respect others' pronouns and gender identities. Yes an NPC does not have feelings and does not care what you call her, but in my view that's just one step closer to you not respecting actual trans people.

Just my two cents on the whole fiasco.
I really don't like feeling like I have to prove my own identity to the whole world.
I never understood why it's considered difficult to call people by their preferred pronouns. It takes literally zero effort and costs you nothing, while providing basic respect and acceptance to the other party. If I wanted people to exclusively call me Zorgot the Barbarian I assume that most would, because addressing people how they want to be addressed is simple human decency.

If you (general you, not you OP) struggle to understand the concept, think about how shocking it is to be called the wrong name or addressed accidentally as "ma'am" or "sir" due to an honest mistake. Now imagine that the person is doing it on purpose because they refuse to accept your own identity, and they claim to somehow know your identity better than yourself. Would you still think they respect and value you?
td9UiZS.png
[quote name="PearlConnor" date="2020-01-24 11:18:53" ] I mean, at least we're learning who to avoid? [/quote] ^ This. However, unfortunately, it appears that this will always happen when a new character that is trans (or appears to be trans?) is released. Anyways, preaching OP's post! It doesn't hurt to headcannon, it hurts to attack others that have a headcannon different than yours!
PearlConnor wrote on 2020-01-24 11:18:53:
^
This.
However, unfortunately, it appears that this will always happen when a new character that is trans (or appears to be trans?) is released.
Anyways, preaching OP's post!
It doesn't hurt to headcannon, it hurts to attack others that have a headcannon different than yours!
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
Is it a head canon if it is written and posted to the entire public forum as a statement of fact? A few people need to tone it down a notch instead of a declaration staking territory. (Here's a fun game, guess which side I'm on; oh wait, I could be describing any position on this fight, so don't pick a side for me. Thanks [emoji=ridgeback winking size=2])
Is it a head canon if it is written and posted to the entire public forum as a statement of fact? A few people need to tone it down a notch instead of a declaration staking territory.

(Here's a fun game, guess which side I'm on; oh wait, I could be describing any position on this fight, so don't pick a side for me.
Thanks )
I know many of you are posting in good faith for constructive discussion, but I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2812366/8#post_42042417]I've addressed several concerns on this topic here[/url][/b]. [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-01-24 11:21:31" ] I think this thread's run its course, and I'm locking it. First, let people who are happy about Fiona and Scribbles be happy. Second, gender identity is not a character or personality trait. Your identity is who you are, and this should be treated with respect and kindness. Discrimination is not welcome here. Third, our canon is our canon, but if someone wants to head canon our characters to fit how they play our game, including Trading Post NPCs, that doesn't hurt anyone. Finally, please keep in mind audience consent when sharing your head canons, including the 'shipping' of our characters. It's not necessary to "dial it to 11" (head canons and especially your 'ships) on our site, so to speak. If you aren't sure if it's okay to post on our website, please review our role-play policy found here for additional guidance. [/quote] If you should come across any rule-violating comments, please remember to use our forum report button. If you've used the report button but believe it's important to also contact us directly, you can reach out to us via [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/site/contact-us]Contact Us[/url][/b] with your report as well.
I know many of you are posting in good faith for constructive discussion, but I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as I've addressed several concerns on this topic here.

Aequorin wrote on 2020-01-24 11:21:31:
I think this thread's run its course, and I'm locking it.

First, let people who are happy about Fiona and Scribbles be happy.

Second, gender identity is not a character or personality trait. Your identity is who you are, and this should be treated with respect and kindness. Discrimination is not welcome here.

Third, our canon is our canon, but if someone wants to head canon our characters to fit how they play our game, including Trading Post NPCs, that doesn't hurt anyone.

Finally, please keep in mind audience consent when sharing your head canons, including the 'shipping' of our characters. It's not necessary to "dial it to 11" (head canons and especially your 'ships) on our site, so to speak. If you aren't sure if it's okay to post on our website, please review our role-play policy found here for additional guidance.

If you should come across any rule-violating comments, please remember to use our forum report button. If you've used the report button but believe it's important to also contact us directly, you can reach out to us via Contact Us with your report as well.
1 2 3