Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | fiona and galore are trans icons
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="@VeridisQuo" date="2020-01-24 10:47:31" ] [quote name="Wollywog" date="2020-01-24 10:41:45" ] yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started. [/quote] I thought it was a way of referring to non-binary people in a memey way. Did I miss something here? [/quote] Helicopter jokes are used to make fun of trans and non-binary people by invalidating our genders. Saying something like being agender is just as ridiculous as “identifying” as an object.
@VeridisQuo wrote on 2020-01-24 10:47:31:
Wollywog wrote on 2020-01-24 10:41:45:
yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started.

I thought it was a way of referring to non-binary people in a memey way.
Did I miss something here?
Helicopter jokes are used to make fun of trans and non-binary people by invalidating our genders. Saying something like being agender is just as ridiculous as “identifying” as an object.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
[quote name="VeridisQuo" date="2020-01-24 10:47:31" ] [quote name="@Wollywog" date="2020-01-24 10:41:45" ] yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started. [/quote] I thought it was a way of referring to non-binary people in a memey way. Did I miss something here? [/quote] Like the user above me said, they were started by cis people making fun of nonbinary people's genders for not being male or female. They're mocking and almost always used by transphobes to invalidate us and claim we're snowflakes.
VeridisQuo wrote on 2020-01-24 10:47:31:
@Wollywog wrote on 2020-01-24 10:41:45:
yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started.

Like the user above me said, they were started by cis people making fun of nonbinary people's genders for not being male or female. They're mocking and almost always used by transphobes to invalidate us and claim we're snowflakes.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
hey guys

ALL. IDENTITIES. ARE. VALID. ALL. THAT. MATTERS. IS. IF. YOU'RE. A. GOOD. BEING.

thank you have nice day
hey guys

ALL. IDENTITIES. ARE. VALID. ALL. THAT. MATTERS. IS. IF. YOU'RE. A. GOOD. BEING.

thank you have nice day
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Just real disappointing no one could respect ops opinion here. You just all came and rained all over their parade and several someones have proceeded to be transphobic. Anyway fiona is wonderful and its super sweet that people ship her with galore!!
Just real disappointing no one could respect ops opinion here. You just all came and rained all over their parade and several someones have proceeded to be transphobic. Anyway fiona is wonderful and its super sweet that people ship her with galore!!
owleics.gif
[quote name="@Wollywog" date="2020-01-24 10:51:31" ] [quote name="VeridisQuo" date="2020-01-24 10:47:31" ] [quote name="Wollywog" date="2020-01-24 10:41:45" ] yikes people are really making attack helicopter jokes. they've been enbyphobic and transphobic ever since they've started. [/quote] I thought it was a way of referring to non-binary people in a memey way. Did I miss something here? [/quote] Like the user above me said, they were started by cis people making fun of nonbinary people's genders for not being male or female. They're mocking and almost always used by transphobes to invalidate us and claim we're snowflakes. [/quote] @Wizardry My skin just went pale because I was using that joke -which is also against me considering that I am non-binary- without even knowing what it means. Thank you for the explanation, I'll change it right away
@Wollywog wrote on 2020-01-24 10:51:31:
VeridisQuo wrote on 2020-01-24 10:47:31:
Wollywog wrote on 2020-01-24 10:41:45:

Like the user above me said, they were started by cis people making fun of nonbinary people's genders for not being male or female. They're mocking and almost always used by transphobes to invalidate us and claim we're snowflakes.

@Wizardry

My skin just went pale because I was using that joke -which is also against me considering that I am non-binary- without even knowing what it means. Thank you for the explanation, I'll change it right away
sig-1-new.pngdivider-up.png
-V e r i d i s Q u o-
kovske.gif
Brazil | EN/PT/RUS |time-flight-icon-very-tiny.png

» Fake FR Breed Workshop
»
Wishlist
»PWYW ART SHOP
»Clan Lore WIP
divider-up.png
48517330.png

Synesthetic - Artist - Style flexible
• They/Them - He/Him/It • Prev. Solifugespace
small-hourglass.png
"why does people want galore to be cis so bad?? Like, I'm talking about the one that aggressively trying to prove that mr.beard is cis."(see? the question also work when you switch trans with cis)

My point is, they will always be speculation until staff crush them down by turning something canon, so really the best everyone can do in those kind of discussion is remain civil and polite.

Like, this is a game, we are here to have fun, and sometimes fun for people is by giving a character they like similar struggle so they can feel better about their own life or just jock/make wholesome content about something that is familiar to them.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter what people headcannons are, they won't be right nor wrong (unless you doing it to mock and insult other people then your are just a bad person) so please

calm down and respect others people identity, i did not came to this site to see over used transphobic "jokes".

also personally i ship crim and therapy because she really needs help with her hoarding problem....
"why does people want galore to be cis so bad?? Like, I'm talking about the one that aggressively trying to prove that mr.beard is cis."(see? the question also work when you switch trans with cis)

My point is, they will always be speculation until staff crush them down by turning something canon, so really the best everyone can do in those kind of discussion is remain civil and polite.

Like, this is a game, we are here to have fun, and sometimes fun for people is by giving a character they like similar struggle so they can feel better about their own life or just jock/make wholesome content about something that is familiar to them.

But in the end, it doesn't really matter what people headcannons are, they won't be right nor wrong (unless you doing it to mock and insult other people then your are just a bad person) so please

calm down and respect others people identity, i did not came to this site to see over used transphobic "jokes".

also personally i ship crim and therapy because she really needs help with her hoarding problem....
neutralh5.png
[quote name="JestingGremlin" date="2020-01-24 11:01:51" ] also personally i ship crim and therapy because she really needs help with her hoarding problem.... [/quote] This made me actually laugh out loud, thanks haha.
JestingGremlin wrote on 2020-01-24 11:01:51:

This made me actually laugh out loud, thanks haha.
td9UiZS.png
[img]https://i.imgur.com/7xmmeMg.png[/img] [quote name="Ossium" date="2020-01-24 10:02:53" ] I feel like people want more NPCs not for their functionality or contribution to the site but because they desperately want themselves to be represented. Yikes. If you really want to be represented then make a dragon for that exact reason? [/quote] [color=7930b5]>.> Totally agree. I mean, I'm really happy that Fiona is trans, but it doesn't really affect anything really important to me? It's just more info about her. (also [i]not[/i] trying to pass it off as "identity's not important", I'm just not letting that mean she's important just for her identity) I don't really care about the NPC's genders and preferences, I'll just take what staff throws at me and accept it. Gay? Sure! Trans? Awesome! Cis? Neat! Doesn't make me love them any less. And if they haven't been officially talked about, then I'll just headcanon what feels right to me. And when I wanted a bi pride dragon, I went and bought a bi pride dragon. Sure, having a bi NPC would be amazing, but even if it never happens, I have my own girl to represent me and what I identify as. That's perfect enough for me. This is a game where you can create anything, headcanon anything, and have anything you want in your own lair. I'm taking full advantage of that, that's what I feel this site is about.
7xmmeMg.png
Ossium wrote on 2020-01-24 10:02:53:
I feel like people want more NPCs not for their functionality or contribution to the site but because they desperately want themselves to be represented. Yikes.

If you really want to be represented then make a dragon for that exact reason?
>.> Totally agree. I mean, I'm really happy that Fiona is trans, but it doesn't really affect anything really important to me? It's just more info about her. (also not trying to pass it off as "identity's not important", I'm just not letting that mean she's important just for her identity)

I don't really care about the NPC's genders and preferences, I'll just take what staff throws at me and accept it. Gay? Sure! Trans? Awesome! Cis? Neat! Doesn't make me love them any less. And if they haven't been officially talked about, then I'll just headcanon what feels right to me.

And when I wanted a bi pride dragon, I went and bought a bi pride dragon. Sure, having a bi NPC would be amazing, but even if it never happens, I have my own girl to represent me and what I identify as. That's perfect enough for me.

This is a game where you can create anything, headcanon anything, and have anything you want in your own lair. I'm taking full advantage of that, that's what I feel this site is about.
TdnNRLI.png o6Tbf9W.png
WavAI.gif
U4KQjwE.gife.png
They/Them

Wishlist

7YNarK2.gif
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif
[quote name="Ossium" date="2020-01-24 10:02:53" ] I feel like people want more NPCs not for their functionality or contribution to the site but because they desperately want themselves to be represented. Yikes. If you really want to be represented then make a dragon for that exact reason? [/quote] Ah yes. People are wrong because they want to be acknowledged as human and, you know, not being shoved under a rug.
Ossium wrote on 2020-01-24 10:02:53:
I feel like people want more NPCs not for their functionality or contribution to the site but because they desperately want themselves to be represented. Yikes.

If you really want to be represented then make a dragon for that exact reason?

Ah yes. People are wrong because they want to be acknowledged as human and, you know, not being shoved under a rug.
2lhDoir.png..... .....WMCEgD8.pnguBQemcM.png
I think this thread's run its course, and I'm locking it.

First, let people who are happy about Fiona and Scribbles be happy.

Second, gender identity is not a character or personality trait. Your identity is who you are, and this should be treated with respect and kindness. Discrimination is not welcome here.

Third, our canon is our canon, but if someone wants to head canon our characters to fit how they play our game, including Trading Post NPCs, that doesn't hurt anyone.

Finally, please keep in mind audience consent when sharing your head canons, including the 'shipping' of our characters. It's not necessary to "dial it to 11" (head canons and especially your 'ships) on our site, so to speak. If you aren't sure if it's okay to post on our website, please review our role-play policy found here for additional guidance.

I think this thread's run its course, and I'm locking it.

First, let people who are happy about Fiona and Scribbles be happy.

Second, gender identity is not a character or personality trait. Your identity is who you are, and this should be treated with respect and kindness. Discrimination is not welcome here.

Third, our canon is our canon, but if someone wants to head canon our characters to fit how they play our game, including Trading Post NPCs, that doesn't hurt anyone.

Finally, please keep in mind audience consent when sharing your head canons, including the 'shipping' of our characters. It's not necessary to "dial it to 11" (head canons and especially your 'ships) on our site, so to speak. If you aren't sure if it's okay to post on our website, please review our role-play policy found here for additional guidance.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8