Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Fans & Underbelly
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 59 60
@failedslacker
I agree that it's ridiculous that they changed it without any word, however there are gene removal scrolls! You can buy them in the treasure marketplace for 10kt :)

Remove Gene: Primary
Remove Gene: Secondary
Remove Gene: Tertiary
@failedslacker
I agree that it's ridiculous that they changed it without any word, however there are gene removal scrolls! You can buy them in the treasure marketplace for 10kt :)

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
[quote]however there are gene removal scrolls! You can buy them in the treasure marketplace for 10kt :)[/quote] They don't compensate you for all the gems the gene cost. It's not like you can get the scroll back to use differently, it just erases it, like it never was. 10K is not so great a loss; 700 gems is a lot to have to throw away!
Quote:
however there are gene removal scrolls! You can buy them in the treasure marketplace for 10kt :)

They don't compensate you for all the gems the gene cost. It's not like you can get the scroll back to use differently, it just erases it, like it never was. 10K is not so great a loss; 700 gems is a lot to have to throw away!
pSn2GKM.png If you like them, please Like them!
I find it a bit weird how worked-up everyone is about the changes *shrug*
I find it a bit weird how worked-up everyone is about the changes *shrug*
underskrift-geo.png
[quote name="Thrawn" date="2020-01-08 06:12:20" ] While, yes, it was apparent to some that the genes were too light compared to modern breeds, it also was a good assumption they were different on banescales because they were ancient breeds. There was no "We are aware of a shadow issue with metallic/alloy and there will be a fix in the future." No "We realise metallic and alloy are incomplete." They released an incomplete/bugged set of genes and said nothing for over a month while people went about buying gems, or selling/trading for gems to get metallic/alloy scrolls, unaware that the projects they were working on were going to change overnight. Errors happen. Anyone can make an error and they should have SAID so. But the fact remains there was no communication, as is the wont with these kind of things. Communication would have made this change a LOT different. edit to add: I myself love the changes, metal/alloy was too light for my projects, but I stand by my stance that this could have been handled a LOT better with more communication, especially since the genes in question can be bought with IRL cash. [/quote] I absolutely agree with this. I don't usually come on these threads and complain even if I don't like an update, but those genes are expensive, and people put a LOT of money into buying and geneing banes with the way metal/alloy already looked! It's not a minor correction, and it's one that can well and truly ruin the appearance of a dragon. Like this was my favorite scry of a bane I bought and ended up selling on. Yellow/pumpkin/gold - the yellow was yellow, lighter and slightly brighter than the filigree, and it looked shiny and expensive. Now look at it, it looks dingy like pea soup, totally mismatched: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=104&bodygene=49&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=43&winggene=47&wings=158&auth=2aed77fe128414cf0cf0026e481c6cf31f1a1102&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I would be so angry if I'd spent that money on a metallic gene! There was no reason it needed to match modern dragon metal/alloy exactly since they're not interbreedable and their genes don't carry over with a breed change, and it had good potential - eg., making shiny pastel or neon dragons that would normally lean darker with those genes. I appreciate the glossiness of the new version, but they could have done something to try to make it a closer match to the original colors (like a brightness layer maybe?) to make this change more palatable to people who already used the genes. They really should have said something earlier if they intended to fix it, then there wouldn't have been such a fuss about it.
Thrawn wrote on 2020-01-08 06:12:20:
While, yes, it was apparent to some that the genes were too light compared to modern breeds, it also was a good assumption they were different on banescales because they were ancient breeds.

There was no "We are aware of a shadow issue with metallic/alloy and there will be a fix in the future." No "We realise metallic and alloy are incomplete."

They released an incomplete/bugged set of genes and said nothing for over a month while people went about buying gems, or selling/trading for gems to get metallic/alloy scrolls, unaware that the projects they were working on were going to change overnight.

Errors happen. Anyone can make an error and they should have SAID so. But the fact remains there was no communication, as is the wont with these kind of things.

Communication would have made this change a LOT different.

edit to add: I myself love the changes, metal/alloy was too light for my projects, but I stand by my stance that this could have been handled a LOT better with more communication, especially since the genes in question can be bought with IRL cash.

I absolutely agree with this. I don't usually come on these threads and complain even if I don't like an update, but those genes are expensive, and people put a LOT of money into buying and geneing banes with the way metal/alloy already looked! It's not a minor correction, and it's one that can well and truly ruin the appearance of a dragon.

Like this was my favorite scry of a bane I bought and ended up selling on. Yellow/pumpkin/gold - the yellow was yellow, lighter and slightly brighter than the filigree, and it looked shiny and expensive. Now look at it, it looks dingy like pea soup, totally mismatched:
dragon?age=1&body=104&bodygene=49&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=45&tertgene=43&winggene=47&wings=158&auth=2aed77fe128414cf0cf0026e481c6cf31f1a1102&dummyext=prev.png
I would be so angry if I'd spent that money on a metallic gene!

There was no reason it needed to match modern dragon metal/alloy exactly since they're not interbreedable and their genes don't carry over with a breed change, and it had good potential - eg., making shiny pastel or neon dragons that would normally lean darker with those genes. I appreciate the glossiness of the new version, but they could have done something to try to make it a closer match to the original colors (like a brightness layer maybe?) to make this change more palatable to people who already used the genes.

They really should have said something earlier if they intended to fix it, then there wouldn't have been such a fuss about it.
Underbelly looks good on Banescales, but I don't really like the Fans on Gaolers. Of course, if you like how it looks, feel free to put fans on your Gaolers, but I don't think I will.
Underbelly looks good on Banescales, but I don't really like the Fans on Gaolers. Of course, if you like how it looks, feel free to put fans on your Gaolers, but I don't think I will.
tumblr_ozjcja0ciW1w8xkufo1_500.png
[quote name="Dreamson" date="2020-01-08 07:50:02" ] @failedslacker I agree that it's ridiculous that they changed it without any word, however there are gene removal scrolls! You can buy them in the treasure marketplace for 10kt :) Remove Gene: Primary Remove Gene: Secondary Remove Gene: Tertiary [/quote] I wasn't aware that they worked on ancients
Dreamson wrote on 2020-01-08 07:50:02:
@failedslacker

I wasn't aware that they worked on ancients
Awesome. Nice to see the crossing over of genes.
Awesome. Nice to see the crossing over of genes.
I for my part expected this change to happen (even though I do not like it), but after all these years one would think that the admins knew to be a little more transparent and upfront with their userbase.
I for my part expected this change to happen (even though I do not like it), but after all these years one would think that the admins knew to be a little more transparent and upfront with their userbase.
[center]Yay for Banescale Underbelly! [emoji=banescale love size=1] Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the Metallic/Alloy Corrections!!![/center]
Yay for Banescale Underbelly!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
for the Metallic/Alloy Corrections!!!
Timezone:
Same as FR
5G1dR62.pngjW6M6Gx.png 1IJZqsC.png
I love the fans for gaolers! I liked gaolers before, especially permababy gaolers, but fans makes me want to add an adult one to my lair now. <3 Scry I came up with: [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=32&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=26&tertgene=3&winggene=35&wings=163&auth=8f0d6984f0c5c0e698e0ecfe5f43aab10c19de18&dummyext=prev.png[/img] But for alloy/metallic, I agree a heads up would have been nice, considering both genes across the board were wrong. That's a big difference for some colors. D:
I love the fans for gaolers! I liked gaolers before, especially permababy gaolers, but fans makes me want to add an adult one to my lair now. <3

Scry I came up with:
dragon?age=1&body=70&bodygene=32&breed=17&element=7&eyetype=2&gender=0&tert=26&tertgene=3&winggene=35&wings=163&auth=8f0d6984f0c5c0e698e0ecfe5f43aab10c19de18&dummyext=prev.png

But for alloy/metallic, I agree a heads up would have been nice, considering both genes across the board were wrong. That's a big difference for some colors. D:
repwX4e.png
1 2 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 59 60