Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alternative Methods for Eyes
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 167 168
[quote]I shouldn't be forced to rebreed for all of my dragons just because I want a certain look to them. Everything else beyond Imp scrolls and sex is fixable in some manner, except eyes. This needs to change.[/quote] 1. Like you said, colours are fixable (in some manner) 2. Imps will require a much longer strategy to obtain Primal or Multi-gaze eyes 3. Wanting a specific gender makes eye projects twice as hard to achieve, but the key is to have a lot of projects going on at once so you have a 33% chance of getting Primal eyes on one of your hatchlings each month or a 99% chance of getting at least one each year. I just wish Galore would give out clanbound Breeding-only eye vials from time to time because of old dragons or g1s that can't be rebred. At least he gave out Goat eyes, which can be used, no matter how valuable they are. I hope it gets re-released in the future, to take away from how valuable they are (to the point where people hesitate to use them)
Quote:
I shouldn't be forced to rebreed for all of my dragons just because I want a certain look to them. Everything else beyond Imp scrolls and sex is fixable in some manner, except eyes. This needs to change.

1. Like you said, colours are fixable (in some manner)

2. Imps will require a much longer strategy to obtain Primal or Multi-gaze eyes

3. Wanting a specific gender makes eye projects twice as hard to achieve, but the key is to have a lot of projects going on at once so you have a 33% chance of getting Primal eyes on one of your hatchlings each month or a 99% chance of getting at least one each year.

I just wish Galore would give out clanbound Breeding-only eye vials from time to time because of old dragons or g1s that can't be rebred. At least he gave out Goat eyes, which can be used, no matter how valuable they are. I hope it gets re-released in the future, to take away from how valuable they are (to the point where people hesitate to use them)
gemajgall - don't quote/reply to me in part or at all if you're going to block/unblock me over and over again to view my replies. i am not interacting with you any further on this thread.
gemajgall - don't quote/reply to me in part or at all if you're going to block/unblock me over and over again to view my replies. i am not interacting with you any further on this thread.
What happens if you want a different flight's special eyes on a project dragon? Would you have to change flights, or use unsecured nest rentals until you achieved your project?

The only way for me to have full control over say, getting a plague primal for a project dragon, would be for me to move to plague flight. And most players don't want to change flights for these sorts of things. My lore is based around my flight, and I am tied to the community here. I don't want to spend potentially years in another flight just for one project.

I also don't think it's reasonable that something as impactful as eyes is gated behind such a punishing mechanic, that either requires spending a massive amount of time waiting, or buying enough project dragons to have full nests for the whole year. Eyes are one of the most noticeable things on a dragon, why should it require this much effort and frustration? Most people come here to have fun and play casually, and I think it is harmful for the site that such a major mechanic is completely inaccessible to casual players.
What happens if you want a different flight's special eyes on a project dragon? Would you have to change flights, or use unsecured nest rentals until you achieved your project?

The only way for me to have full control over say, getting a plague primal for a project dragon, would be for me to move to plague flight. And most players don't want to change flights for these sorts of things. My lore is based around my flight, and I am tied to the community here. I don't want to spend potentially years in another flight just for one project.

I also don't think it's reasonable that something as impactful as eyes is gated behind such a punishing mechanic, that either requires spending a massive amount of time waiting, or buying enough project dragons to have full nests for the whole year. Eyes are one of the most noticeable things on a dragon, why should it require this much effort and frustration? Most people come here to have fun and play casually, and I think it is harmful for the site that such a major mechanic is completely inaccessible to casual players.
jCVhFoZ.gif
[quote]What happens if you want a different flight's special eyes on a project dragon? Would you have to change flights, or use unsecured nest rentals until you achieved your project?[/quote] Yes. It's normally very difficult to hatch dragons from a different Flight than your own, and this would be no different. It wouldn't be worth changing Flights unless all of your projects share a common Flight and lore. [quote]I also don't think it's reasonable that something as impactful as eyes is gated behind such a punishing mechanic, that either requires spending a massive amount of time waiting, or buying enough project dragons to have full nests for the whole year. Eyes are one of the most noticeable things on a dragon, why should it require this much effort and frustration? Most people come here to have fun and play casually, and I think it is harmful for the site that such a major mechanic is completely inaccessible to casual players.[/quote] You may own many of your project dragons already or they may not exist just to be project dragons (if so, you may hesitate more to breed-change them). Still, 30 dragons is not a huge number of dragons. It's about 1/7 of all the dragons you can keep? I wouldn't really call eye types impactful because they generally don't show up very well on dragons (you can hardly tell that my profile dragon is from Shadow Flight). Different eye types didn't exist before June 8th, 2018 and they don't have any function in the game, they're just a nice bonus. Multi-gaze and Primal, which are the most noticeable, are obviously the most sought-after, but the rarest. However, if you didn't care whether you were hatching Multi-gaze or Primal, your chances would much better: 2.7 (egg per nest average with two different species) x 30 (days per month, say) = 81 eggs per month 0.99 (chance of hatching neither multigaze or primal) ^81 = 0.44 That's a 56% chance of hatching either Multi-gaze or Primal. If you hatched 2 or 3 nests per month, about 81 eggs over the year, that would be pretty casual, and you'd still get more than half a chance at either Multi-gaze or Primal.
Quote:

Yes. It's normally very difficult to hatch dragons from a different Flight than your own, and this would be no different. It wouldn't be worth changing Flights unless all of your projects share a common Flight and lore.
Quote:

You may own many of your project dragons already or they may not exist just to be project dragons (if so, you may hesitate more to breed-change them). Still, 30 dragons is not a huge number of dragons. It's about 1/7 of all the dragons you can keep?

I wouldn't really call eye types impactful because they generally don't show up very well on dragons (you can hardly tell that my profile dragon is from Shadow Flight). Different eye types didn't exist before June 8th, 2018 and they don't have any function in the game, they're just a nice bonus.

Multi-gaze and Primal, which are the most noticeable, are obviously the most sought-after, but the rarest. However, if you didn't care whether you were hatching Multi-gaze or Primal, your chances would much better:

2.7 (egg per nest average with two different species) x 30 (days per month, say)
= 81 eggs per month
0.99 (chance of hatching neither multigaze or primal) ^81 = 0.44

That's a 56% chance of hatching either Multi-gaze or Primal. If you hatched 2 or 3 nests per month, about 81 eggs over the year, that would be pretty casual, and you'd still get more than half a chance at either Multi-gaze or Primal.
Things seem to be getting a little heated in here again...
@pfvupl, I don't think that your method of plentiful breeding is a bad idea for getting eye types on new hatchlings under the existing system, provided the individual in question isn't looking for any specific criteria beyond color matching.

Additionally increased chances of producing a specific eye type if both parents have it would be a fantastic tweak to make breeding a bit more reliable while keeping some of the nuance of the eye type RNG. However, I think you need to understand that the eye type problem isn't relegated simply to breeding percentages but, instead, is a multilayered problem that is strongly determined by how specific individuals choose to play the game.

-People with permanent dragons, who they don't plan on selling or exalting, are excluded from your method.
-People who prefer unbred gen 1s as their primary lair are completely excluded from your method.
-People who prefer Imperials are excluded from your method.
-People who are trying to get specific (not even "special", just uncommon to rare) eye types on certain dragons based on everything from ID number to hatchdate are excluded from your method.
-People who don't want to breed their dragons for any reason whatsoever are excluded from your method.
-People who would like to customize the eye types of their progenitors, which you can't even sell or earn any money from exalting from, are excluded from your method.
-People who are starting with anything other than a plentiful breeding pair, spending treasure/gems to turn them into plentiful breeds, then spending money to change the preferred hatchling back into a rarer breed aren't necessarily excluded, but you could argue that that is a form of financial exploitation by making them buy back something they already could've had for a grand total of four pixels of tint difference.

Really the only people who benefit from your method are existing hatcheries, and people who have an already high-turnover rate for their lairs. I have six-year-old dragons I'm never intending on selling, trading, or giving away because they have sentimental value to me; many of them were gifts from friends, and I enjoy customizing them as years go by to no-ones cost buy my own. Incredibly, customization is a big part of why people enjoy Flight Rising.

As bitter as I might sound from all the above, I do like the idea of your method, in particular the increased odds of breeding special eyes from parents of the same eye type; I would've honestly much preferred that to the complete random RNG we got. However, I think it would be better served in tandem along with releasing individual, non-restricted eye vials or some form of transfer method for older, pre-eye-release dragons

Five (I mean even six if you're including dragons born this year that would've been kept if they'd had the eyes someone was looking for or could've reliably given them) years worth of dragons thrown into exalt pits or sold on the fodder floor because they aren't "special" enough is a lot to expect people to shove under the table.

Essentially all the eye update did was increase exalting rates which, outside of dominance, just means more server space than usual is being put aside to house all the data on fodder floor with nice (but not "perfect") eyes.
Things seem to be getting a little heated in here again...
@pfvupl, I don't think that your method of plentiful breeding is a bad idea for getting eye types on new hatchlings under the existing system, provided the individual in question isn't looking for any specific criteria beyond color matching.

Additionally increased chances of producing a specific eye type if both parents have it would be a fantastic tweak to make breeding a bit more reliable while keeping some of the nuance of the eye type RNG. However, I think you need to understand that the eye type problem isn't relegated simply to breeding percentages but, instead, is a multilayered problem that is strongly determined by how specific individuals choose to play the game.

-People with permanent dragons, who they don't plan on selling or exalting, are excluded from your method.
-People who prefer unbred gen 1s as their primary lair are completely excluded from your method.
-People who prefer Imperials are excluded from your method.
-People who are trying to get specific (not even "special", just uncommon to rare) eye types on certain dragons based on everything from ID number to hatchdate are excluded from your method.
-People who don't want to breed their dragons for any reason whatsoever are excluded from your method.
-People who would like to customize the eye types of their progenitors, which you can't even sell or earn any money from exalting from, are excluded from your method.
-People who are starting with anything other than a plentiful breeding pair, spending treasure/gems to turn them into plentiful breeds, then spending money to change the preferred hatchling back into a rarer breed aren't necessarily excluded, but you could argue that that is a form of financial exploitation by making them buy back something they already could've had for a grand total of four pixels of tint difference.

Really the only people who benefit from your method are existing hatcheries, and people who have an already high-turnover rate for their lairs. I have six-year-old dragons I'm never intending on selling, trading, or giving away because they have sentimental value to me; many of them were gifts from friends, and I enjoy customizing them as years go by to no-ones cost buy my own. Incredibly, customization is a big part of why people enjoy Flight Rising.

As bitter as I might sound from all the above, I do like the idea of your method, in particular the increased odds of breeding special eyes from parents of the same eye type; I would've honestly much preferred that to the complete random RNG we got. However, I think it would be better served in tandem along with releasing individual, non-restricted eye vials or some form of transfer method for older, pre-eye-release dragons

Five (I mean even six if you're including dragons born this year that would've been kept if they'd had the eyes someone was looking for or could've reliably given them) years worth of dragons thrown into exalt pits or sold on the fodder floor because they aren't "special" enough is a lot to expect people to shove under the table.

Essentially all the eye update did was increase exalting rates which, outside of dominance, just means more server space than usual is being put aside to house all the data on fodder floor with nice (but not "perfect") eyes.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
The idea that a major update to a mechanic should mean that players should no long utilize that mechanic means that the mechanic is broken as is.

If, in order to 'guarantee' the correct eyes on the correct dragon (which even in your math, you don't guarantee that), it means that all players should stop breeding except for that correct dragon, then the mechanic is broken

also, I would like to point out unless you are breeding exact clones, you have no guarantee of getting the right eyes on the right dragon, regardless if you want it on a specific sex.

You could breed primal eyes on your very first nest of the project, you could get them after five nexts, you could get them on the sibling of the dragon you feel is the 'correct' dragon.

You could breed the same pair of dragons 22 times and not get a single primal. You could get 22 primals. Because the chances of getting primal in a certain nest do not depend on previous times you have gotten primal. So your '99.2% chance of primal in a year' is wrong (as is all other calculations about it) simply due to RNG. Even with the strategy of all plentifuls you aren't guaranteed a primal (or whatever your desired eye type) and in that entire year, you cannot hatch eggs (they could get the desired eye type, using up your luck), cannot breed any other dragon EXCEPT what you want the eye types on, and you better hope you get good luck, because once you reach that year point, you might still have another year of breeding the exact same dragons over and over and over again, simply because your chances of getting the desired eye type on the desired dragon do NOT go up with each failure.
The idea that a major update to a mechanic should mean that players should no long utilize that mechanic means that the mechanic is broken as is.

If, in order to 'guarantee' the correct eyes on the correct dragon (which even in your math, you don't guarantee that), it means that all players should stop breeding except for that correct dragon, then the mechanic is broken

also, I would like to point out unless you are breeding exact clones, you have no guarantee of getting the right eyes on the right dragon, regardless if you want it on a specific sex.

You could breed primal eyes on your very first nest of the project, you could get them after five nexts, you could get them on the sibling of the dragon you feel is the 'correct' dragon.

You could breed the same pair of dragons 22 times and not get a single primal. You could get 22 primals. Because the chances of getting primal in a certain nest do not depend on previous times you have gotten primal. So your '99.2% chance of primal in a year' is wrong (as is all other calculations about it) simply due to RNG. Even with the strategy of all plentifuls you aren't guaranteed a primal (or whatever your desired eye type) and in that entire year, you cannot hatch eggs (they could get the desired eye type, using up your luck), cannot breed any other dragon EXCEPT what you want the eye types on, and you better hope you get good luck, because once you reach that year point, you might still have another year of breeding the exact same dragons over and over and over again, simply because your chances of getting the desired eye type on the desired dragon do NOT go up with each failure.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
If the only method of getting the eye types I want on a dragon are through breeding, please tell me how I can breed for the following: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40845] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/409/40845.png[/img] [/url] gen 1 earth oldie, 5 digits [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=634260] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/6343/634260.png[/img] [/url] 6 digit imp boy with surprisingly matchy colors [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54148] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/542/54148.png[/img] [/url] 5 digit light lady with a short list of children that are important to her lore Things that need to be kept the same for all - their sex, their breed, their genes, and also their ID numbers/ages. I would love to keep their children (if they have any) also the same. Please let me know how to breed for this @[i][/i]pfvupl I'd LOVE to know! :) ---- To add to the current convo - I think currently existing ugly fodder with uncommon+ eyes need a purpose beyond being, well, major disappointments. We NEED ways to RELIABLY (even with RNG added IF the RNG item is UNLIMITED - ie: scatterscrolls) get different eyes on existing dragons. We need ways to WORK TOWARDS this goal instead of logging in, pressing incubate, and logging out. I don't want to be handed eye types. I just want them treated the SAME as every other customization method on this site - obtainable by PLAYING THE GAME
If the only method of getting the eye types I want on a dragon are through breeding, please tell me how I can breed for the following:

40845.png
gen 1 earth oldie, 5 digits

634260.png
6 digit imp boy with surprisingly matchy colors

54148.png

5 digit light lady with a short list of children that are important to her lore

Things that need to be kept the same for all - their sex, their breed, their genes, and also their ID numbers/ages. I would love to keep their children (if they have any) also the same. Please let me know how to breed for this @pfvupl I'd LOVE to know! :)

----

To add to the current convo - I think currently existing ugly fodder with uncommon+ eyes need a purpose beyond being, well, major disappointments.
We NEED ways to RELIABLY (even with RNG added IF the RNG item is UNLIMITED - ie: scatterscrolls) get different eyes on existing dragons. We need ways to WORK TOWARDS this goal instead of logging in, pressing incubate, and logging out.

I don't want to be handed eye types. I just want them treated the SAME as every other customization method on this site - obtainable by PLAYING THE GAME
Nq0eoGi.png
@Voltzinar I like your reply. But I do believe that some of the exclusions can be grouped together -People with permanent dragons, who they don't plan on selling or exalting, are excluded from your method.[i] (I don't understand how. It wouldn't affect permanent dragons)[/i] -People who prefer unbred gen 1s -People who prefer Imperials -People who prefer ID number, hatchdate -People who don't want to breed their dragons for any reason [i](Do you mean people who don't want to breed dragons at all? Surely they can buy a dragon from someone who breeds dragons, who could use this strategy)[/i] -People who would like to customize the eye types of their progenitors [i](This is the same as people who prefer g1s)[/i] This is 6 counts of people who would be excluded -- 5 because people who don't breed dragons would have to buy their dragons from somebody who does, who would be able to use the method -- 4 because progenitors are g1s which can't be rebred -- 3 because permanent dragons are unaffected (I think you mean old dragons? I'll add that) - People who prefer g1s - People who prefer Imps - People with older dragons - People who prefer ID number, hatchdate I will combine the people who prefer ID number & hatchdate with older dragons because it means the same thing: their dragons can't be rebred.... - People who prefer g1s - People who prefer Imps - People with dragons that can't be rebred (older dragons, ID number, hatchdate, etc.) [b]Three valid groups of people who can't benefit from breeding Plentiful dragons.[/b] Imp-breeders can use a similar, but much more complicated, and much less effective strategy. [quote]People who are starting with anything other than a plentiful breeding pair, spending treasure/gems to turn them into plentiful breeds, then spending money to change the preferred hatchling back into a rarer breed aren't necessarily excluded, but you could argue that that is a form of financial exploitation by making them buy back something they already could've had for a grand total of four pixels of tint difference. [/quote] You could argue that Flight Rising is financially exploitative because we're paying real money for pixels. It takes 20 days of Fairgrounds to obtain 15 pairs of Plentifuls. You'll save a lot of time by doing this, though; and you'll spend less "real time" on Flight Rising for pixels. You only apply scrolls & genes once you obtain the eyes you want. I'm not buying into the whole grinding & exalting thing because I find it unrewarding, but think of all the fodder you'll get trying to get the right eyes. It will be a goldmine. You'll be able to use the wealth from fodder to fund your eye projects. [quote]However, I think it would be better served in tandem along with releasing individual, non-restricted eye vials or some form of transfer method for older, pre-eye-release dragons[/quote] I think individual eye vials should be released, but restricted. Because they should be invaluable, and should only help in these cases: - People who prefer g1s - People who prefer Imps - People with dragons that can't be rebred (older dragons, ID number, hatchdate, etc.)
@Voltzinar

I like your reply. But I do believe that some of the exclusions can be grouped together

-People with permanent dragons, who they don't plan on selling or exalting, are excluded from your method. (I don't understand how. It wouldn't affect permanent dragons)
-People who prefer unbred gen 1s
-People who prefer Imperials
-People who prefer ID number, hatchdate
-People who don't want to breed their dragons for any reason (Do you mean people who don't want to breed dragons at all? Surely they can buy a dragon from someone who breeds dragons, who could use this strategy)
-People who would like to customize the eye types of their progenitors (This is the same as people who prefer g1s)

This is 6 counts of people who would be excluded -- 5 because people who don't breed dragons would have to buy their dragons from somebody who does, who would be able to use the method -- 4 because progenitors are g1s which can't be rebred -- 3 because permanent dragons are unaffected (I think you mean old dragons? I'll add that)

- People who prefer g1s
- People who prefer Imps
- People with older dragons
- People who prefer ID number, hatchdate

I will combine the people who prefer ID number & hatchdate with older dragons because it means the same thing: their dragons can't be rebred....

- People who prefer g1s
- People who prefer Imps
- People with dragons that can't be rebred (older dragons, ID number, hatchdate, etc.)

Three valid groups of people who can't benefit from breeding Plentiful dragons.
Imp-breeders can use a similar, but much more complicated, and much less effective strategy.
Quote:
People who are starting with anything other than a plentiful breeding pair, spending treasure/gems to turn them into plentiful breeds, then spending money to change the preferred hatchling back into a rarer breed aren't necessarily excluded, but you could argue that that is a form of financial exploitation by making them buy back something they already could've had for a grand total of four pixels of tint difference.

You could argue that Flight Rising is financially exploitative because we're paying real money for pixels. It takes 20 days of Fairgrounds to obtain 15 pairs of Plentifuls. You'll save a lot of time by doing this, though; and you'll spend less "real time" on Flight Rising for pixels. You only apply scrolls & genes once you obtain the eyes you want.

I'm not buying into the whole grinding & exalting thing because I find it unrewarding, but think of all the fodder you'll get trying to get the right eyes. It will be a goldmine. You'll be able to use the wealth from fodder to fund your eye projects.
Quote:
However, I think it would be better served in tandem along with releasing individual, non-restricted eye vials or some form of transfer method for older, pre-eye-release dragons

I think individual eye vials should be released, but restricted. Because they should be invaluable, and should only help in these cases:
- People who prefer g1s
- People who prefer Imps
- People with dragons that can't be rebred (older dragons, ID number, hatchdate, etc.)
While I agree that the plentiful breeding method is a good idea for certain people, I don't think it would work for most people who project breed. From what I have seen, people who project breed tend to want colors that don't exist yet, so they have to actually breed that dragon's parents to get the colors, they often will have multiple projects going on at the same time, due to breeding cooldowns, and many other factors.

I am not even counting wanting eye colors beyond your own flight because that is a different suggestion, but to me, having to take a year for each project, because you can't have them going on simultaneously due to space, nesting and potentially getting the wrong eye type on the wrong project dragon, doesn't sound fun, nor does it sound like something that will draw players to the site.

While there are many different types of valid play styles and players on FR, one of the nice things, before the eye update, is that every one was 'equal', in that everyone could customize their dragons as they wanted (minus sex, flight and imperials)

If you collected G1s, the only G1 that was barred were gen1 imperials (and if you were a leprechaun, you might even be able to get that).

If you bred, you could breed any color combo you wanted, including out of flight eye colors (though with the use of unsanctioned methods)

If you collected oldies, you could customize them to your content (albeit not flight and sex, and colors were unreliable, and imperials were out of reach, though with colors you could constantly keep trying as long as you wanted)

If you wanted Fandragons, you could get those easily through breeding/buying/customizing.

Basically before the update, all playstyles were on fairly equal footing, and none were elevated above the others.

After the eye update, it felt like all the players who were not in the 'breeding' category were told their playstyle was less valid than those who bred. Their favorite dragons, ones they have spent time, money and effort to obtain, in whatever way they did so, were told 'sorry, you can't participate, go home'.

Right now, players who have beloved permas, whether they like to breed dragons or not, feel that they were told that their playstyle was wrong and they should change their playstyle because it wasn't the way that the admins intended them to play.

As Cadash said, I don't want to be handed the eye types, I just want to play the game I joined - a game that meant I could change just about everything about a dragon, and that the scrolls needed to do so are obtainable. I was content with the few things that weren't changeable about a dragon, because I had the luxury of choosing whether those attributes were worth it to me, or take a 'near enough' dragon.

I never had that luxury with eye types. I have about 50 dragons (which are few compared to others) who were obtained before the eye update, and I had no choice in their eye type. I never had a chance to say 'hey, you would look GREAT with Unusual eyes so I will hold off until I get a dragon with that eye type'. I don't have the ability to say 'hey you would look GREAT with Unusual eyes, so here, keep tossing back these vials until you get the right eye type' because the eye vials that contain unusual are a finite resource, and if a new eye type comes out that looks even better, I am out of luck if I have more than two dragons that want them. I can't even use existing scatter vials to try to obtain it, because new types are included in the scattervials.
While I agree that the plentiful breeding method is a good idea for certain people, I don't think it would work for most people who project breed. From what I have seen, people who project breed tend to want colors that don't exist yet, so they have to actually breed that dragon's parents to get the colors, they often will have multiple projects going on at the same time, due to breeding cooldowns, and many other factors.

I am not even counting wanting eye colors beyond your own flight because that is a different suggestion, but to me, having to take a year for each project, because you can't have them going on simultaneously due to space, nesting and potentially getting the wrong eye type on the wrong project dragon, doesn't sound fun, nor does it sound like something that will draw players to the site.

While there are many different types of valid play styles and players on FR, one of the nice things, before the eye update, is that every one was 'equal', in that everyone could customize their dragons as they wanted (minus sex, flight and imperials)

If you collected G1s, the only G1 that was barred were gen1 imperials (and if you were a leprechaun, you might even be able to get that).

If you bred, you could breed any color combo you wanted, including out of flight eye colors (though with the use of unsanctioned methods)

If you collected oldies, you could customize them to your content (albeit not flight and sex, and colors were unreliable, and imperials were out of reach, though with colors you could constantly keep trying as long as you wanted)

If you wanted Fandragons, you could get those easily through breeding/buying/customizing.

Basically before the update, all playstyles were on fairly equal footing, and none were elevated above the others.

After the eye update, it felt like all the players who were not in the 'breeding' category were told their playstyle was less valid than those who bred. Their favorite dragons, ones they have spent time, money and effort to obtain, in whatever way they did so, were told 'sorry, you can't participate, go home'.

Right now, players who have beloved permas, whether they like to breed dragons or not, feel that they were told that their playstyle was wrong and they should change their playstyle because it wasn't the way that the admins intended them to play.

As Cadash said, I don't want to be handed the eye types, I just want to play the game I joined - a game that meant I could change just about everything about a dragon, and that the scrolls needed to do so are obtainable. I was content with the few things that weren't changeable about a dragon, because I had the luxury of choosing whether those attributes were worth it to me, or take a 'near enough' dragon.

I never had that luxury with eye types. I have about 50 dragons (which are few compared to others) who were obtained before the eye update, and I had no choice in their eye type. I never had a chance to say 'hey, you would look GREAT with Unusual eyes so I will hold off until I get a dragon with that eye type'. I don't have the ability to say 'hey you would look GREAT with Unusual eyes, so here, keep tossing back these vials until you get the right eye type' because the eye vials that contain unusual are a finite resource, and if a new eye type comes out that looks even better, I am out of luck if I have more than two dragons that want them. I can't even use existing scatter vials to try to obtain it, because new types are included in the scattervials.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote] Please let me know how to breed for this @pfvupl I'd LOVE to know! :)[/quote] You can't, but say you wanted them to have a specific, breeding-only eye type. This is why I think Galore should release clanbound vials. Clanbound because they should only solve your INDIVIDUAL problem for your INVALUABLE dragon and UNIQUE problem. [quote]We need ways to reliably get different eyes on existing dragons. We need ways to work towards this goal instead of logging in, pressing incubate, and logging out.[/quote] Eye types are something you should work towards through breeding strategically. It will take a lot of effort and planning to find the pairing which will lead to your dream dragon, so it's not as simple as logging in, incubating, and logging out. [quote]I just want them treated the same as every other customization method on this site - obtainable by playing[/quote] You can't obtain the gender you want or the g1 colours you want or the Imp you want because of RNG in the case of gender and g1 colours and because their are no Imp scrolls available. So eye types are not the only limited customisation feature.
Quote:
Please let me know how to breed for this @pfvupl I'd LOVE to know! :)

You can't, but say you wanted them to have a specific, breeding-only eye type.
This is why I think Galore should release clanbound vials. Clanbound because they should only solve your INDIVIDUAL problem for your INVALUABLE dragon and UNIQUE problem.
Quote:
We need ways to reliably get different eyes on existing dragons. We need ways to work towards this goal instead of logging in, pressing incubate, and logging out.

Eye types are something you should work towards through breeding strategically. It will take a lot of effort and planning to find the pairing which will lead to your dream dragon, so it's not as simple as logging in, incubating, and logging out.
Quote:
I just want them treated the same as every other customization method on this site - obtainable by playing

You can't obtain the gender you want or the g1 colours you want or the Imp you want because of RNG in the case of gender and g1 colours and because their are no Imp scrolls available. So eye types are not the only limited customisation feature.
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 167 168