Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Alternative Methods for Eyes
1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 167 168
Older players are at a disadvantage here, because they are more likely to be [quote] - People with dragons that can't be rebred (older dragons, ID number, hatchdate, etc.)[/quote] I understand why you're upset with that. I just don't think that there has to be alternative methods for eyes beyond Galore releasing them in Clanbound vials occasionally. There are many benefits to being an older player -- You have the wrong eyes? I don't have the Sprites. -- and this seems like the only drawback. Nobody is calling anybody's playstyle wrong, not even the devs. But because they intended eye types to be breeding-only, not available through other means, I feel that they're more likely to offer Clanbound vials through Galore and not make alternative methods available.
Older players are at a disadvantage here, because they are more likely to be
Quote:
- People with dragons that can't be rebred (older dragons, ID number, hatchdate, etc.)

I understand why you're upset with that. I just don't think that there has to be alternative methods for eyes beyond Galore releasing them in Clanbound vials occasionally.

There are many benefits to being an older player -- You have the wrong eyes? I don't have the Sprites. -- and this seems like the only drawback.

Nobody is calling anybody's playstyle wrong, not even the devs. But because they intended eye types to be breeding-only, not available through other means, I feel that they're more likely to offer Clanbound vials through Galore and not make alternative methods available.
Jemadar is entirely right, and none of your (poorly attempted) platitudes change the fact that anyone with dragons that have unchangeable features like ID, G1 status, progens is SoL completely. They were cut out of the eye update, and this problem is not “unique” in any way. It’s a huge issue and you saying “just rebreed them or get over not being included” is ridiculous and shortsighted.

The staff can “intend” whatever they want, but that doesn’t make their intentions well considered, and it especially doesn’t mean that they aren’t incredibly flawed in practice.
Jemadar is entirely right, and none of your (poorly attempted) platitudes change the fact that anyone with dragons that have unchangeable features like ID, G1 status, progens is SoL completely. They were cut out of the eye update, and this problem is not “unique” in any way. It’s a huge issue and you saying “just rebreed them or get over not being included” is ridiculous and shortsighted.

The staff can “intend” whatever they want, but that doesn’t make their intentions well considered, and it especially doesn’t mean that they aren’t incredibly flawed in practice.
sBdLZtA.png
@Contaminate

Wow, you're rude. If the dragon / your problem is not "unique" you would be able to rebreed for it, which is what I meant by unique. In three types of cases you cannot, and they are very simply listed above.

I'm glad the staff isn't budging on this. I just wish they would release more vials.

I didn't say "just rebreed them or get over it"

@Contaminate

Wow, you're rude. If the dragon / your problem is not "unique" you would be able to rebreed for it, which is what I meant by unique. In three types of cases you cannot, and they are very simply listed above.

I'm glad the staff isn't budging on this. I just wish they would release more vials.

As others have said, breeding for eyes does nothing to help people with irreplaceable permas. For example, Masquerade in my lair has an impressive lineage to me--five generations of dragons, with the great grandma being a gift from an IRL friend of mine. It'd be all but impossible to recreate that lineage to give all dragons in it the right eyes. Tack on even more expensive to scroll everyone to a plentiful and then back? It's not feasible. Too much of the eye-pocalypse simply isn't accessible for too many dragons and too many players. It's a shame too because the eye update could have been wonderful; it's just too limited. I want to enjoy the eyes; I really do. But as it is now, I'm just cut off from it in the ways most important to me.
As others have said, breeding for eyes does nothing to help people with irreplaceable permas. For example, Masquerade in my lair has an impressive lineage to me--five generations of dragons, with the great grandma being a gift from an IRL friend of mine. It'd be all but impossible to recreate that lineage to give all dragons in it the right eyes. Tack on even more expensive to scroll everyone to a plentiful and then back? It's not feasible. Too much of the eye-pocalypse simply isn't accessible for too many dragons and too many players. It's a shame too because the eye update could have been wonderful; it's just too limited. I want to enjoy the eyes; I really do. But as it is now, I'm just cut off from it in the ways most important to me.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
[quote name="pfvupl" date="2020-01-05 18:03:02" ] @/Contaminate Wow, you're rude. If the dragon / your problem is not "unique" you would be able to rebreed for it, which is what I meant by unique. In three types of cases you cannot, and they are very simply listed above. I'm glad the staff isn't budging on this. I just wish they would release more vials. I didn't say "just rebreed them or get over it" [/quote] [quote]Clanbound because they should only solve your INDIVIDUAL problem for your INVALUABLE dragon and UNIQUE problem.[/quote] You quite clearly are saying it a unique issue being had, not a reference to the dragon which you mention before that. Given this thread is 50 pages long, obviously this is a big issue for more than a handful of people. If your gameplay doesn't involve irreplaceable dragons, then of course it doesn't much impact you if the staff cuts out the players who do have irreplaceable dragons as a central part of how they play. The rest of us here would like to have potential to work towards a goal. Galore randomly giving out one or two locked vials isn't a goal to work toward, it was barely an afterthought to even include existing dragons which only highlights how poorly thought out the entire implementation was. Millions of dragons were completely left out in the eye update, and nothing has been provided as a solution. [quote]I just don't think that there has to be alternative methods for eyes beyond Galore releasing them in Clanbound vials occasionally.[/quote] And here is the "rebreed or just [s]get over it[/s] hope Galore is feeling generous" The eye update is exactly the same as the color wheel update, if the color wheel update came with only a handful of scatterscrolls that included the new colors that then retired, never to see the light of day again. That's why people are ticked off.
pfvupl wrote on 2020-01-05 18:03:02:
@/Contaminate

Quote:
Clanbound because they should only solve your INDIVIDUAL problem for your INVALUABLE dragon and UNIQUE problem.

You quite clearly are saying it a unique issue being had, not a reference to the dragon which you mention before that. Given this thread is 50 pages long, obviously this is a big issue for more than a handful of people. If your gameplay doesn't involve irreplaceable dragons, then of course it doesn't much impact you if the staff cuts out the players who do have irreplaceable dragons as a central part of how they play.

The rest of us here would like to have potential to work towards a goal. Galore randomly giving out one or two locked vials isn't a goal to work toward, it was barely an afterthought to even include existing dragons which only highlights how poorly thought out the entire implementation was. Millions of dragons were completely left out in the eye update, and nothing has been provided as a solution.
Quote:
I just don't think that there has to be alternative methods for eyes beyond Galore releasing them in Clanbound vials occasionally.
And here is the "rebreed or just get over it hope Galore is feeling generous"

The eye update is exactly the same as the color wheel update, if the color wheel update came with only a handful of scatterscrolls that included the new colors that then retired, never to see the light of day again. That's why people are ticked off.
sBdLZtA.png
Also, two vials from Galore is hardly enough--nor is it effort, getting involved in the site and benefitting FR. I have quite a few dragons I would love Rare on. Two vials from Galore does not meet that need, and keeping mere tints locked behind breeding and retired terrible RNG scattervials is asinine.

Galore can also veer into "too awesome to use" category. As said earlier in this thread. "By using one of these two vials, can I tell myself for certain that this dragon is THE most important dragon to use this vial on for my entire time on FR and that this is the best eye type that will ever exist for this dragon?" Unfortunately, the answer is often "no." "No," we can't guarantee that using Goat on Dragon A is the best eye that will ever exist for A and that no other dragons in the future will look even better with Goat.

Now, maybe Galore will repeat gifts. Who knows? But that hardly solves the itch we all have to earn eyes through our own efforts rather than being rewarded with handouts.
Also, two vials from Galore is hardly enough--nor is it effort, getting involved in the site and benefitting FR. I have quite a few dragons I would love Rare on. Two vials from Galore does not meet that need, and keeping mere tints locked behind breeding and retired terrible RNG scattervials is asinine.

Galore can also veer into "too awesome to use" category. As said earlier in this thread. "By using one of these two vials, can I tell myself for certain that this dragon is THE most important dragon to use this vial on for my entire time on FR and that this is the best eye type that will ever exist for this dragon?" Unfortunately, the answer is often "no." "No," we can't guarantee that using Goat on Dragon A is the best eye that will ever exist for A and that no other dragons in the future will look even better with Goat.

Now, maybe Galore will repeat gifts. Who knows? But that hardly solves the itch we all have to earn eyes through our own efforts rather than being rewarded with handouts.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@Jemadar [quote]You could breed the same pair of dragons 22 times and not get a single primal. You could get 22 primals. Because the chances of getting primal in a certain nest do not depend on previous times you have gotten primal. So your '99.2% chance of primal in a year' is wrong (as is all other calculations about it) simply due to RNG.[/quote] Breeding the same pair of *Plentiful dragons 22 times will result in 59.4 eggs. (You can breed them up to 24 times per a year, resulting in about 65 hatchlings) 0.995^59.4 = 0.74 which means a 26% chance of getting a primal out of any given pairing out of 22 nests. You have about a 28% chance of getting one out of 24 nests. You have a 99.2% chance of getting any Primal at all, though. There is a good article on statistics [url=https://www.indium.com/blog/statistics-how-unusual-is-the-new-orleans-0-11-coin-toss-loss.php]here[/url] Instead of the odds being 50-50 (like a coin toss) for Primal vs. Not-Primal, it is 1 to 199. This is .5 to 99.5, or 0.005 to 0.995, or 0.5% to 99.5%. 0.995 x 0.995 = 99% your chance of not hatching one primal out of two eggs 0.99 x 0.995 = 98.5% your chance of not hatching one primal out of three eggs Two-three eggs is a nest average. You have a 98.5%-99% chance of not hatching Primal eyes out of a nest vs. 99.5% chance of not hatching Primal eyes out of an Unhatched Egg. More examples ... 0.995^81 = 66.6-[b]33.3[/b] your chance of hatching one primal in 1 month* 0.995^100 = 60.5-[b]39.5[/b] your chance of hatching one primal out of 100 eggs 0.995^243 = 29.6-[b]70.4[/b] your chance of hatching one primal in 3 months* *(81 eggs per month - 2.7 eggs per nest x 30 days)
@Jemadar
Quote:
You could breed the same pair of dragons 22 times and not get a single primal. You could get 22 primals. Because the chances of getting primal in a certain nest do not depend on previous times you have gotten primal. So your '99.2% chance of primal in a year' is wrong (as is all other calculations about it) simply due to RNG.

Breeding the same pair of *Plentiful dragons 22 times will result in 59.4 eggs.
(You can breed them up to 24 times per a year, resulting in about 65 hatchlings)

0.995^59.4 = 0.74 which means a 26% chance of getting a primal out of any given pairing out of 22 nests. You have about a 28% chance of getting one out of 24 nests.

You have a 99.2% chance of getting any Primal at all, though.

There is a good article on statistics here

Instead of the odds being 50-50 (like a coin toss) for Primal vs. Not-Primal, it is 1 to 199. This is .5 to 99.5, or 0.005 to 0.995, or 0.5% to 99.5%.

0.995 x 0.995 = 99% your chance of not hatching one primal out of two eggs
0.99 x 0.995 = 98.5% your chance of not hatching one primal out of three eggs

Two-three eggs is a nest average. You have a 98.5%-99% chance of not hatching Primal eyes out of a nest vs. 99.5% chance of not hatching Primal eyes out of an Unhatched Egg.

More examples
0.995^81 = 66.6-33.3 your chance of hatching one primal in 1 month*
0.995^100 = 60.5-39.5 your chance of hatching one primal out of 100 eggs
0.995^243 = 29.6-70.4 your chance of hatching one primal in 3 months*
*(81 eggs per month - 2.7 eggs per nest x 30 days)

I know what you are saying, but I am saying that statistics are just a bunch of numbers. A person could breed for 2 years and not see one primal baby out of the whole bunch, while another person could toss two random dragons on a nest and get a 1 egg nest and get primal on that dragon. They could have 5 pairs of dragons, all clones of each other, and breed them every time they can, and still not get the eyes they want. They might get plenty of other rare eyes, but not the eyes they want.

That is the whole issue, with it being completely random, breeding FOR eyes is practically impossible unless you want to breed for a specific dragon exclusively and not do anything else until you get it.
I know what you are saying, but I am saying that statistics are just a bunch of numbers. A person could breed for 2 years and not see one primal baby out of the whole bunch, while another person could toss two random dragons on a nest and get a 1 egg nest and get primal on that dragon. They could have 5 pairs of dragons, all clones of each other, and breed them every time they can, and still not get the eyes they want. They might get plenty of other rare eyes, but not the eyes they want.

That is the whole issue, with it being completely random, breeding FOR eyes is practically impossible unless you want to breed for a specific dragon exclusively and not do anything else until you get it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Jemadar

Okay, I get what you’re saying.

I just think that it not being 100% guaranteed is still somewhat fair, because your odds can be improved a lot depending on how you approach the issue (when it comes to breeding)
@Jemadar

Okay, I get what you’re saying.

I just think that it not being 100% guaranteed is still somewhat fair, because your odds can be improved a lot depending on how you approach the issue (when it comes to breeding)
Since we're talking statistics, I'd like to point out the math Ridara did using imperials, genders, and primal: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2459186/46#post_35402616

Now, multiple breeding pairs are a possibility, but breed changing to an imperial is all but out (whether it be parents or offspring). There's also the factors of color (the odds start dropping if even one color is one-off, and people might have to settle for one-offs in unrelated dragons) and genes--which it could be very hard to even find breeding pairs depending on the project (which means someone could be looking at multi-generational breeding and all the math needed there).

Also needs to factor in overhead costs. Such as the feeding cost of keeping non-permas in a lair for a year or more, the cost of lair expansions to house them, the loss of being able to have other permas and breeding projects because this one goal is taking all the space, the upfront cost of buying the parents or the cost of time in breeding them, and if we do the whole "revert to plentiful" thing, the cost of breeding scrolls there and back again (which can't be done with imperials).

And again, this entire far-reaching, convoluted, time-devouring, ridiculous method to get a desireable imperial with primal (or multi) ignores the whole fact that permas are still excluded. All special dragons that cannot be rebred are left out, full stop.
Since we're talking statistics, I'd like to point out the math Ridara did using imperials, genders, and primal: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2459186/46#post_35402616

Now, multiple breeding pairs are a possibility, but breed changing to an imperial is all but out (whether it be parents or offspring). There's also the factors of color (the odds start dropping if even one color is one-off, and people might have to settle for one-offs in unrelated dragons) and genes--which it could be very hard to even find breeding pairs depending on the project (which means someone could be looking at multi-generational breeding and all the math needed there).

Also needs to factor in overhead costs. Such as the feeding cost of keeping non-permas in a lair for a year or more, the cost of lair expansions to house them, the loss of being able to have other permas and breeding projects because this one goal is taking all the space, the upfront cost of buying the parents or the cost of time in breeding them, and if we do the whole "revert to plentiful" thing, the cost of breeding scrolls there and back again (which can't be done with imperials).

And again, this entire far-reaching, convoluted, time-devouring, ridiculous method to get a desireable imperial with primal (or multi) ignores the whole fact that permas are still excluded. All special dragons that cannot be rebred are left out, full stop.
Pings are disabled.

1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 167 168