Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Some obscure or quiet fandoms you're in?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
I don't know how large or small it is considering I haven't actively looked into the fandom much, but I'm really, really into the youtube series No Evil. I'm actually listening to this song as I'm typing this which is a mashup/cover from the tenth episode. I've listened to it so many times but when the high notes I still get chills
I don't know how large or small it is considering I haven't actively looked into the fandom much, but I'm really, really into the youtube series No Evil. I'm actually listening to this song as I'm typing this which is a mashup/cover from the tenth episode. I've listened to it so many times but when the high notes I still get chills
idk if this counts, but classic literature has a community surrounding it on various platforms, mostly tumblr and Instagram from my experience. it's pretty quiet in terms of drama (thank goodness), but there are actually a decent amount of contributors to the community, myself included.

if anything, it's probably more obscure because not many people expect an actual online community to arise from something typically only seen in lang/lit classes, but... trust me... a surprisingly large portion of the community specializes in making memes out of them including me. it's by far my favorite community that I've been in, and I'm glad that I found and joined it. 10/10 would recommend
idk if this counts, but classic literature has a community surrounding it on various platforms, mostly tumblr and Instagram from my experience. it's pretty quiet in terms of drama (thank goodness), but there are actually a decent amount of contributors to the community, myself included.

if anything, it's probably more obscure because not many people expect an actual online community to arise from something typically only seen in lang/lit classes, but... trust me... a surprisingly large portion of the community specializes in making memes out of them including me. it's by far my favorite community that I've been in, and I'm glad that I found and joined it. 10/10 would recommend
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
@Rosella bro Carole and Tuesday is one of my favorite anime of the year

It's more of a meta-fandom for a niche genre, but xenofiction. Basically, stories that specialize in nonhuman main characters, and I don't mean elves, dwarves, or Vulcans. It can focus on any being from animals to aliens to robots, as long as they don't act or think basically like humans. The works of Erin Hunter and Wings of Fire are examples that I'm sure most users of this site are aware of, but the genre is much more diverse. Watership Down is considered the pioneer of the genre, but the book on which Bambi was based (the book and film would both qualify) is an even earlier example.

Like cats, but have outgrown Warriors? Try Tailchaser's Song for a different fantasy adventure, or the Book of the Named series for a more mature and grounded story. Like dragons, but want something deeper than WoF? Try the Age of Fire series. The Summer King Chronicles series is a hidden gem of the "animal fantasy adventure" subgenre. The Chanur series is science fiction with anthropomorphic space lions. I'm in the planning stages of drafting my own centered around raptors, which originated as a Warriors AU fanfic.

TV Tropes has a more in-depth page on it.
@Rosella bro Carole and Tuesday is one of my favorite anime of the year

It's more of a meta-fandom for a niche genre, but xenofiction. Basically, stories that specialize in nonhuman main characters, and I don't mean elves, dwarves, or Vulcans. It can focus on any being from animals to aliens to robots, as long as they don't act or think basically like humans. The works of Erin Hunter and Wings of Fire are examples that I'm sure most users of this site are aware of, but the genre is much more diverse. Watership Down is considered the pioneer of the genre, but the book on which Bambi was based (the book and film would both qualify) is an even earlier example.

Like cats, but have outgrown Warriors? Try Tailchaser's Song for a different fantasy adventure, or the Book of the Named series for a more mature and grounded story. Like dragons, but want something deeper than WoF? Try the Age of Fire series. The Summer King Chronicles series is a hidden gem of the "animal fantasy adventure" subgenre. The Chanur series is science fiction with anthropomorphic space lions. I'm in the planning stages of drafting my own centered around raptors, which originated as a Warriors AU fanfic.

TV Tropes has a more in-depth page on it.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Over the Garden Wall

Haikyuu!

Children of the Whales

No Evil

Twelve
Over the Garden Wall

Haikyuu!

Children of the Whales

No Evil

Twelve
tumblr_inline_nbe8duyTA81qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nbe8e2NZyN1qg78ij.png
Yooo we got any SRMTHFG fans in here? I sadly never watched the show as a kid, just recently learned about it from a friend who did. It's a great time if you can get past the sillier/weirder episodes.
Yooo we got any SRMTHFG fans in here? I sadly never watched the show as a kid, just recently learned about it from a friend who did. It's a great time if you can get past the sillier/weirder episodes.
Signature Machine Broke
849-gi.png
hh5n4WA.pngXC93sMs.png
wthFnM3.pngYMPbu9R.png
I can never seem to find people who like Portal, but maybe that's just me.

Also, I used to *love* Adventure Quest a while back! I've been thinking of getting back into it, honestly-!
I can never seem to find people who like Portal, but maybe that's just me.

Also, I used to *love* Adventure Quest a while back! I've been thinking of getting back into it, honestly-!
_________ pixel_wright.png _______
Phoenix ◊ he/him ◊ FR + 3
————————————
Skin/Accent Shop
Fandragon Guide
Doodle Shop
Wishlist
_______ pixel_edgeworth.png
@SharkBoi Haikyuu literally has the most fics of AO3's manga category. It was huge on Tumblr and other sites with fan presences a few years ago.
@SharkBoi Haikyuu literally has the most fics of AO3's manga category. It was huge on Tumblr and other sites with fan presences a few years ago.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
[quote name="Adorabamf" date="2019-12-06 11:55:28" ] Lovely Complex: I can never find someone who wants to talk to me about this one [/quote] Yes, hello. One of the best rom-coms out there. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while watching an anime. I used to have an imperial fandragon of Koizumi but somewhere along the line I got rid of her (probably during a lair purge, I think). [size=2]Huge regret. ; ;[/size]
Adorabamf wrote on 2019-12-06 11:55:28:
Lovely Complex: I can never find someone who wants to talk to me about this one

Yes, hello. One of the best rom-coms out there. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard while watching an anime. I used to have an imperial fandragon of Koizumi but somewhere along the line I got rid of her (probably during a lair purge, I think). Huge regret. ; ;
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
Admittedly, this fandom is part of DC Comics, but it's a very small niche comic.

Teen Titans: Earth One is part of the already niche Earth One series, that takes the backstories of famous DC heros like Wonder Woman, Batman, and Green Lantern and reimagines them for the modern age.

I got into the Teen Titans Earth One in about 2014, they've had two volumes released, but the fandom is very, very tiny. There's barely any fanart on Tumblr and I'm pretty sure I'm the only who's written fic for the comic on Ao3. It's one of those fandoms that could have taken off, but ended up dead in the water since the comics release schedule is so awful.

It sucks because the comics are very diverse, with multiple Characters of Color and and interracial relationships. There's also an implied lesbian relationship between Starfire and Raven, but without a third volume to confirm things, it's still up in the air.

If anyone wants to talk to me about it, please feel free! I'm always down.
Admittedly, this fandom is part of DC Comics, but it's a very small niche comic.

Teen Titans: Earth One is part of the already niche Earth One series, that takes the backstories of famous DC heros like Wonder Woman, Batman, and Green Lantern and reimagines them for the modern age.

I got into the Teen Titans Earth One in about 2014, they've had two volumes released, but the fandom is very, very tiny. There's barely any fanart on Tumblr and I'm pretty sure I'm the only who's written fic for the comic on Ao3. It's one of those fandoms that could have taken off, but ended up dead in the water since the comics release schedule is so awful.

It sucks because the comics are very diverse, with multiple Characters of Color and and interracial relationships. There's also an implied lesbian relationship between Starfire and Raven, but without a third volume to confirm things, it's still up in the air.

If anyone wants to talk to me about it, please feel free! I'm always down.
Is anyone here in the Klonoa fandom? I’ve been searching everywhere, and no one seems to know about my floppy-eared kitty son. It’s starting to get lonely with just me, @EveningEmerald and my few friends from Tumblr.

Also: Super Paper Mario. I’m HYPERFIXATED on that stuff. I love me some tragic romance, witty dialogue and NASTY CLOWN MEN. And SPM has them all. Gee, I hope @Buggy101 doesn’t mind me rambling about how hot I find Count Bleck...
Is anyone here in the Klonoa fandom? I’ve been searching everywhere, and no one seems to know about my floppy-eared kitty son. It’s starting to get lonely with just me, @EveningEmerald and my few friends from Tumblr.

Also: Super Paper Mario. I’m HYPERFIXATED on that stuff. I love me some tragic romance, witty dialogue and NASTY CLOWN MEN. And SPM has them all. Gee, I hope @Buggy101 doesn’t mind me rambling about how hot I find Count Bleck...
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11