Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Some obscure or quiet fandoms you're in?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
[quote name="papper" date="2019-12-14 17:45:59" ] afk arena's pretty quiet. I can kinda understand that though, there aren't many fandoms around mobile games. I can only think of about three off the top of my head. [/quote] @papper [color=cadetblue]I see people enter the art stuff afk has on instagram and other platforms, but yeah not many people talk about it that I've seen. Even in-game there's hardly any talking...but then again the global chat is just filled with edgy 12 year olds roleplaying "owo hugs you" so it spoils the mood xvx
papper wrote on 2019-12-14 17:45:59:
afk arena's pretty quiet. I can kinda understand that though, there aren't many fandoms around mobile games. I can only think of about three off the top of my head.

@papper
I see people enter the art stuff afk has on instagram and other platforms, but yeah not many people talk about it that I've seen. Even in-game there's hardly any talking...but then again the global chat is just filled with edgy 12 year olds roleplaying "owo hugs you" so it spoils the mood xvx
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
Thousands Have Lived Without Love, Not One Without Water.
– W.H.Auden
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
@SpottedSorex

As a fellow lit nerd, may I just say you have exquisite taste. Although I am biased due to my background in literature in college but it has manifested and has not stopped growing long after I'd graduated.

@FireflyRhapsody

Horizon was my first PS4 game and a friend introduced me to it and I played it for 5 minutes before realising that I didn't know how to use the L3/R3 function back then so I stopped till now haha

As for my own obscure fandoms, probably Death Parade, a 12-episode anime born from an OVA? Not for the faint of heart as it deals with heavy themes.

And the Lab Zero game Indivisible! BLS let me scream about my boy Zebei...
@SpottedSorex

As a fellow lit nerd, may I just say you have exquisite taste. Although I am biased due to my background in literature in college but it has manifested and has not stopped growing long after I'd graduated.

@FireflyRhapsody

Horizon was my first PS4 game and a friend introduced me to it and I played it for 5 minutes before realising that I didn't know how to use the L3/R3 function back then so I stopped till now haha

As for my own obscure fandoms, probably Death Parade, a 12-episode anime born from an OVA? Not for the faint of heart as it deals with heavy themes.

And the Lab Zero game Indivisible! BLS let me scream about my boy Zebei...
1dZy6Xv.gif

1zaoPX1.pngU8GgxMI.png
Rain World! It's an unforgiving but also very beautiful game, from the graphics to the lore. It has a very small dedicated fandom but nothing big, probably because of how difficult it is to get into it at first and also a lot of the lore aspect isn't revealed until later in your exploration.
Rain World! It's an unforgiving but also very beautiful game, from the graphics to the lore. It has a very small dedicated fandom but nothing big, probably because of how difficult it is to get into it at first and also a lot of the lore aspect isn't revealed until later in your exploration.
aasolsmall.pngaa
mags
they/vae
fr +8
drymmsmallsmall.png
I don't actively participate in book fandoms anymore, but here's a few obscure books I like:

-The books of Pellinor series. This is a YA fantasy series from over a decade ago, I've read the first two books so far and if anyone's read it I would be glad to discuss it.
-The Spellslinger series. This is also a YA fantasy series, it's newer than the first one I mentioned and after reading the first three books I've found them to be extremely enjoyable. Not that many people have read these books, but I highly recommend them.
I don't actively participate in book fandoms anymore, but here's a few obscure books I like:

-The books of Pellinor series. This is a YA fantasy series from over a decade ago, I've read the first two books so far and if anyone's read it I would be glad to discuss it.
-The Spellslinger series. This is also a YA fantasy series, it's newer than the first one I mentioned and after reading the first three books I've found them to be extremely enjoyable. Not that many people have read these books, but I highly recommend them.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
@ffloof HELLO YES I LOVE ALL THOSE THINGS!!! i've never talked to anyone who's read Shades of Magic!! for me it's been almost a year since i first read the series (and i've read it twice more since then). the Raven Cycle is my all-time favourite book series as well, i'm just so attached to the characters and the story :')
@ffloof HELLO YES I LOVE ALL THOSE THINGS!!! i've never talked to anyone who's read Shades of Magic!! for me it's been almost a year since i first read the series (and i've read it twice more since then). the Raven Cycle is my all-time favourite book series as well, i'm just so attached to the characters and the story :')
alien IMLOeSD.png they/them eb2KXWV.png server time MOdulLz.png you are loved
i don't really like calling myself part of the fandom for goop/smplive, but they're a decently obscure group of youtubers (some of them are more popular though)

also furbies and toy robots in general

and tangled the series! it's for younger kids of course but it's a fairly quiet fandom. it gets some attention when big stuff happens, but its a pretty small fandom
i don't really like calling myself part of the fandom for goop/smplive, but they're a decently obscure group of youtubers (some of them are more popular though)

also furbies and toy robots in general

and tangled the series! it's for younger kids of course but it's a fairly quiet fandom. it gets some attention when big stuff happens, but its a pretty small fandom
I'm a big fan of the original Highlander film (not so much the questionable later entries to the franchise), but it doesn't really have a 'modern' fandom space, which isn't too surprising considering that it's an American cult classic from the mid 80s.

I really only like it as much as I do because of the Queen soundtrack and because my favourite male actor plays a really nasty but enjoyable villain. The rest of the movie is kinda in the range of so-bad-it's-good to me, and I actually can't stand the 'hero' at all.
I'm a big fan of the original Highlander film (not so much the questionable later entries to the franchise), but it doesn't really have a 'modern' fandom space, which isn't too surprising considering that it's an American cult classic from the mid 80s.

I really only like it as much as I do because of the Queen soundtrack and because my favourite male actor plays a really nasty but enjoyable villain. The rest of the movie is kinda in the range of so-bad-it's-good to me, and I actually can't stand the 'hero' at all.
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
@alienaces
YES YES YES!! i love all those books so much i am just so obsessed with them all right now!! and shades of magic is so underrated i don't know too many people who like it either! it deserves a bigger fandom
@alienaces
YES YES YES!! i love all those books so much i am just so obsessed with them all right now!! and shades of magic is so underrated i don't know too many people who like it either! it deserves a bigger fandom
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
call me taro
he/him and pi/pika | fr time | art shop
kawaii_pastel_star_divider_by_miemie_chan3-d4e9j1k.gif
Anybody here know about MediEvil?
Anybody here know about MediEvil?
VGxuHXT.png
granblue fantasy isn't like... "obscure" (25 million players lol) but besides twitter it's like. never seen anyone talk about it. part of it probably is the lack of eng. material, but once gbfvs and granblue fantasy relink drop in the west it'll get bigger probably
granblue fantasy isn't like... "obscure" (25 million players lol) but besides twitter it's like. never seen anyone talk about it. part of it probably is the lack of eng. material, but once gbfvs and granblue fantasy relink drop in the west it'll get bigger probably
rYp8BR7.png hi my name is Luka
my thread
sales
babies

1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11