Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Some obscure or quiet fandoms you're in?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Wakfu and Dofus (the series and movie)
Wakfu and Dofus (the series and movie)
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
The book series A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan. I only know one other person who is into the series and it's because I introduced them to it haha. Highly recommend for other dragon lovers!
The book series A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan. I only know one other person who is into the series and it's because I introduced them to it haha. Highly recommend for other dragon lovers!
extra-birb.png Divider-v-96.png nBUwvfz.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
weia2aX.png Divider-v-96.png
marble hornets!!

been in the fandom since 2012-2013, back when they were still releasing entries. 10 years later, i'm still here. LOL. there's definitely still some fans around, but not as much as there was back in its prime.
marble hornets!!

been in the fandom since 2012-2013, back when they were still releasing entries. 10 years later, i'm still here. LOL. there's definitely still some fans around, but not as much as there was back in its prime.
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
Ace of the Diamond!!! ahfhdsfkldsj it's literally my favorite series in the world and the fandom is so dry :(( i wanna say it peaked around 2016-2017 and then fell off after it took a couple years for the next season to come out. hoping to see the fandom revived after we get a fourth season,,, unfortunately there hasn't been any announcement of a new season release date since the third season aired in 2020 :(
Ace of the Diamond!!! ahfhdsfkldsj it's literally my favorite series in the world and the fandom is so dry :(( i wanna say it peaked around 2016-2017 and then fell off after it took a couple years for the next season to come out. hoping to see the fandom revived after we get a fourth season,,, unfortunately there hasn't been any announcement of a new season release date since the third season aired in 2020 :(
she/her
[quote name="soymylk" date="2022-12-17 17:32:55" ] Ace of the Diamond!!! ahfhdsfkldsj it's literally my favorite series in the world and the fandom is so dry :(( i wanna say it peaked around 2016-2017 and then fell off after it took a couple years for the next season to come out. hoping to see the fandom revived after we get a fourth season,,, unfortunately there hasn't been any announcement of a new season release date since the third season aired in 2020 :( [/quote] My best friend loves Diamond no Ace! She used to talk my ear off about it omg. Peak of sports anime phase.
soymylk wrote on 2022-12-17 17:32:55:
My best friend loves Diamond no Ace! She used to talk my ear off about it omg. Peak of sports anime phase.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
on the television side, i am very fond of season two specifically of bakugan battle brawlers. it is very hard to find people making content of characters past season one, but luckily the tumblr tag has a couple of people posting about my beloved space pirates haha

on the game side? definitely monster rancher and fossil fighters. many people have heard of both games, but almost all of my friends only learned about it through me. very few people have actually played these, let alone remember any of the characters x)
on the television side, i am very fond of season two specifically of bakugan battle brawlers. it is very hard to find people making content of characters past season one, but luckily the tumblr tag has a couple of people posting about my beloved space pirates haha

on the game side? definitely monster rancher and fossil fighters. many people have heard of both games, but almost all of my friends only learned about it through me. very few people have actually played these, let alone remember any of the characters x)
.* any pronouns | +3 fr *.
just a simple monster enthusiast
Bottom.png
In terms of obscure cartoons, I hardly see any talk about Dead End: Paranormal Park! It's a cute show about a pair of teens and a dog battle / outwit demons and uncover mysteries at a not-haunted-what-are-you-talking-about theme park. It has delightful characters, a sense of mystery, and fabulous LGBT+ representation. It's streaming on Netflix and I must recommend it to people who enjoy shows like The Owl House or Gravity Falls.

As for video games, the most obscure fandom I'm in, by far, actually has to do with my username. Creatures is a game series about raising alien creatures called norns (though there are other species you can take care of as well), tending to their environment, and having the freedom to add new breeds, objects, etc. to their world at any time -- and many can be user-made! Even more interesting is that -- to my knowledge -- it's the first game series to ever use artificial life as its guiding principle, allowing creatures to evolve different characteristics over generations in ways unforeseen by the developers. Its community is small but highly dedicated, still alive after over two decades. If you're interested, the bundles for The Albian Years and Creatures Exodus are on Good Old Games.

Another niche (heh) game I'm interested in is named after the other meaning of the term. Niche: A Genetics Survival Game is a turn-based strategy game where you can help influence your pack of nichelings to better adapt or specialize for new environments. There are sandbox modes you can make yourself, but the story mode specifically involves a nicheling named Adam getting plucked away from his home, and your goal is to help his descendants return to their homeland -- while traversing through all sorts of biomes, and while preserving his Home Island Immunity (star) gene so that his pack will accept yours on arrival! This one is available on Steam if you're so inclined to check it out.
In terms of obscure cartoons, I hardly see any talk about Dead End: Paranormal Park! It's a cute show about a pair of teens and a dog battle / outwit demons and uncover mysteries at a not-haunted-what-are-you-talking-about theme park. It has delightful characters, a sense of mystery, and fabulous LGBT+ representation. It's streaming on Netflix and I must recommend it to people who enjoy shows like The Owl House or Gravity Falls.

As for video games, the most obscure fandom I'm in, by far, actually has to do with my username. Creatures is a game series about raising alien creatures called norns (though there are other species you can take care of as well), tending to their environment, and having the freedom to add new breeds, objects, etc. to their world at any time -- and many can be user-made! Even more interesting is that -- to my knowledge -- it's the first game series to ever use artificial life as its guiding principle, allowing creatures to evolve different characteristics over generations in ways unforeseen by the developers. Its community is small but highly dedicated, still alive after over two decades. If you're interested, the bundles for The Albian Years and Creatures Exodus are on Good Old Games.

Another niche (heh) game I'm interested in is named after the other meaning of the term. Niche: A Genetics Survival Game is a turn-based strategy game where you can help influence your pack of nichelings to better adapt or specialize for new environments. There are sandbox modes you can make yourself, but the story mode specifically involves a nicheling named Adam getting plucked away from his home, and your goal is to help his descendants return to their homeland -- while traversing through all sorts of biomes, and while preserving his Home Island Immunity (star) gene so that his pack will accept yours on arrival! This one is available on Steam if you're so inclined to check it out.
id say most visual novels, as proper vns are a pretty niche story-telling genre already.
while fate itself is a pretty big fandom (mostly because of fgo) even amongst fate fans i have seen very few who have read fate/hollow ataraxia, which is a real shame cuz i consider it the best the series has to offer (even better than the og stay night, as much as i love it) as well as my personal favorite vn.

when they cry is another vn series im really big into but its very quiet now. higurashi specifically got pretty big in the early 2000s thanks to its anime adaptation but other than that i hardly see anyone talk about the other wtc entries umineko and ciconia. ESPECIALLY ciconia good luck trying to find someone whose read that one.

i am surprised to see a handful of people say touhou here tho like compared to most of my interests i considered touhou to be really popular..
id say most visual novels, as proper vns are a pretty niche story-telling genre already.
while fate itself is a pretty big fandom (mostly because of fgo) even amongst fate fans i have seen very few who have read fate/hollow ataraxia, which is a real shame cuz i consider it the best the series has to offer (even better than the og stay night, as much as i love it) as well as my personal favorite vn.

when they cry is another vn series im really big into but its very quiet now. higurashi specifically got pretty big in the early 2000s thanks to its anime adaptation but other than that i hardly see anyone talk about the other wtc entries umineko and ciconia. ESPECIALLY ciconia good luck trying to find someone whose read that one.

i am surprised to see a handful of people say touhou here tho like compared to most of my interests i considered touhou to be really popular..
auau or ange ; 19 she / it
clan lore
g1 fan [perpetually broke]

i collect ice pick apparel!
ezgif-1-8dac855c20.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11