Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | New Tool: Game Database
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 92 93
Looks interesting! TY so much for this!
Looks interesting! TY so much for this!
aJTY8eT.png
Thank you for this excellent update.

For the Monster section, it would be nice to have an indicator for whether it's a caster or melee fighter. You can deduce based on their stats, but an explicit flag or marker would be better.
Thank you for this excellent update.

For the Monster section, it would be nice to have an indicator for whether it's a caster or melee fighter. You can deduce based on their stats, but an explicit flag or marker would be better.
[quote name="@Louretta" date="2019-12-04 11:29:01" ] Removing eliminate from the first 4 venues is a really bad idea and especially new player unfriendly. Even with those first venues dropping them, it would have been hard enough to get them in time before reaching level 7. Now you have made it impossible and only started having them drop at level 11. The coliseum is very rough as a new player and now it's gotten so, so much worse. [/quote] Was it? I didn't see where this was. Hm... it does look like some of the woodland path creatures I know drop it lack the drop now. I don't [I]entirely[/I] disagree with your post, but I do want to point out what probably formed that reasoning. When you're levelling up through the early venues, you're doing so quickly. A new player does not spend much time in Training Fields or Woodland Path - their dragons will be out of there much quicker than they would through Waterway, even though Waterway only covers one level and those two cover three. It's the nature of the exp creep. The point is, the vast majority of players will not find an eliminate in their first sweep of training fields through sandswept delta anyway. Meanwhile, [I]older[/I] players with level 25 dragons can grind Woodland Path or Scorched Forest effortlessly for hours on end and rake in eliminates for it. And they'll be doing it much faster than a new player with a level 7 team sitting in those venues would. So if this is the case, I'd think this is actually more of a push to stop exploiting the lowest-level venues with level 25s. (It does make the decision to put them in the mire slightly more of a direct benefit to higher level players, though... hm. I definitely can't deny how that works out.) I'm definitely going to miss my Sandswept Delta elims. Made Sand Creeper grinding a lot more tolerable.
@Louretta wrote on 2019-12-04 11:29:01:
Removing eliminate from the first 4 venues is a really bad idea and especially new player unfriendly. Even with those first venues dropping them, it would have been hard enough to get them in time before reaching level 7. Now you have made it impossible and only started having them drop at level 11. The coliseum is very rough as a new player and now it's gotten so, so much worse.
Was it? I didn't see where this was. Hm... it does look like some of the woodland path creatures I know drop it lack the drop now.

I don't entirely disagree with your post, but I do want to point out what probably formed that reasoning.

When you're levelling up through the early venues, you're doing so quickly. A new player does not spend much time in Training Fields or Woodland Path - their dragons will be out of there much quicker than they would through Waterway, even though Waterway only covers one level and those two cover three. It's the nature of the exp creep. The point is, the vast majority of players will not find an eliminate in their first sweep of training fields through sandswept delta anyway.

Meanwhile, older players with level 25 dragons can grind Woodland Path or Scorched Forest effortlessly for hours on end and rake in eliminates for it. And they'll be doing it much faster than a new player with a level 7 team sitting in those venues would.

So if this is the case, I'd think this is actually more of a push to stop exploiting the lowest-level venues with level 25s. (It does make the decision to put them in the mire slightly more of a direct benefit to higher level players, though... hm. I definitely can't deny how that works out.)

I'm definitely going to miss my Sandswept Delta elims. Made Sand Creeper grinding a lot more tolerable.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
this is AWESOME thank you so so so much FR team!!!
this is AWESOME thank you so so so much FR team!!!
What a neat update! ^^ But also: [quote name="Gaia" date="2019-12-04 11:31:32" ] [quote name="Louretta" date="2019-12-04 11:29:01" ] Removing eliminate from the first 4 venues is a really bad idea and especially new player unfriendly. Even with those first venues dropping them, it would have been hard enough to get them in time before reaching level 7. Now you have made it impossible and only started having them drop at level 11. The coliseum is very rough as a new player and now it's gotten so, so much worse. [/quote] I completely agree with this. Removing Eliminate from a single venue would be a horrible nerf, but from all those. .. :( [/quote]
What a neat update! ^^ But also:
Gaia wrote on 2019-12-04 11:31:32:
Louretta wrote on 2019-12-04 11:29:01:
Removing eliminate from the first 4 venues is a really bad idea and especially new player unfriendly. Even with those first venues dropping them, it would have been hard enough to get them in time before reaching level 7. Now you have made it impossible and only started having them drop at level 11. The coliseum is very rough as a new player and now it's gotten so, so much worse.

I completely agree with this. Removing Eliminate from a single venue would be a horrible nerf, but from all those. .. :(
underskrift-geo.png
This is super exciting! The FR team is spoiling us with these cool new features and things for us to do. Hopefully any new players will enjoy all the exploration they can do, too! Plus this will make it tons easier to keep track of how to get the items I want for Swip trades and Baldwin's!
This is super exciting! The FR team is spoiling us with these cool new features and things for us to do. Hopefully any new players will enjoy all the exploration they can do, too! Plus this will make it tons easier to keep track of how to get the items I want for Swip trades and Baldwin's!
Wow stumbled on this and I love it! Great job!
Wow stumbled on this and I love it! Great job!
UlAMe1f.gif FR Forum Threads
|Adopts|Accents|
|ArtShop|
|Graphics|Hatchery|
bz42cD2.png
[color=15478b]Oh, heck! Thank you so much! This is all I could ever ask of a database.[/color] [quote name="Gaia" date="2019-12-04 11:31:32" ] [quote name="Louretta" date="2019-12-04 11:29:01" ] Removing eliminate from the first 4 venues is a really bad idea and especially new player unfriendly. Even with those first venues dropping them, it would have been hard enough to get them in time before reaching level 7. Now you have made it impossible and only started having them drop at level 11. The coliseum is very rough as a new player and now it's gotten so, so much worse. [/quote] I completely agree with this. Removing Eliminate from a single venue would be a horrible nerf, but from all those. .. :( [/quote] [color=15478b]I do have to agree with this, though - I understand why the decision may have been made (keeping it rare/balancing it after Galore giving them away, etc. etc.), but it does strike me as a little unfair, given the already minuscule drop rate; it is already difficult to progress in the Coliseum without an Eliminate (or preferably several) and this does make it much more difficult, especially for people new to Coli. But, with that being said, at least the prices of Eliminates has gone down exponentially since Galore gave them away, so they aren't quite as unachievable for casual and/or newer players as they used to be.[/color]
Oh, heck! Thank you so much! This is all I could ever ask of a database.
Gaia wrote on 2019-12-04 11:31:32:
Louretta wrote on 2019-12-04 11:29:01:

I completely agree with this. Removing Eliminate from a single venue would be a horrible nerf, but from all those. .. :(
I do have to agree with this, though - I understand why the decision may have been made (keeping it rare/balancing it after Galore giving them away, etc. etc.), but it does strike me as a little unfair, given the already minuscule drop rate; it is already difficult to progress in the Coliseum without an Eliminate (or preferably several) and this does make it much more difficult, especially for people new to Coli.

But, with that being said, at least the prices of Eliminates has gone down exponentially since Galore gave them away, so they aren't quite as unachievable for casual and/or newer players as they used to be.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
FINALLY! I've been wanting this for years! No more slogging through out of date forum posts or using 3rd party item libraries!! Yes!![emoji=pearlcatcher love size=2]
FINALLY! I've been wanting this for years! No more slogging through out of date forum posts or using 3rd party item libraries!! Yes!!
Nobody wants to tell you why discipline is so important. Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It's loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you've ever wanted.
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2019-12-04 11:27:15" ] [quote name="@Ladybugdea" date="2019-12-04 11:17:11" ] Still no dark mode? Darn. [/quote] I wish people wouldn't leave comments like this. This is a [I]far[/I] more difficult and involved update than creating an overlay. This is something that had to have been in the works for months, if not years. The amount of effort that went into compiling all of these lists - and I don't know if the gene/color matching was done by hand or by algorithm, but both would have been tremendous investments. There's over 30,000 unique items on this site and just shy of 500 coliseum monsters, and they catalogued them all. It's a bit like going to a shoe store and saying "damn, no pizza." That has nothing to do with what's on offer here. Or maybe a better analogy is when you post a huge, dramatic chapter of a fic or webcomic and you get feedback that's nothing but 'next update when?' I don't know. Dark mode is probably coming, but I can't help but resent when people respond to updates with 'whatever, wasn't the one I wanted.' [I]Especially[/I] if it's something as huge as this. If you want to remind staff about dark mode, you should do so after dropping feedback on what they actually released. Investment for investment, you know? (As an aside, I just realized I don't have to try and discern what monsters drop Eliminate anymore. ;u; It's wonderful.) [/quote] I mean it’s cool but I could go to the fr Wiki before so wasn’t really missing it. Idk
Laluzi wrote on 2019-12-04 11:27:15:
@Ladybugdea wrote on 2019-12-04 11:17:11:
Still no dark mode? Darn.
I wish people wouldn't leave comments like this. This is a far more difficult and involved update than creating an overlay. This is something that had to have been in the works for months, if not years. The amount of effort that went into compiling all of these lists - and I don't know if the gene/color matching was done by hand or by algorithm, but both would have been tremendous investments. There's over 30,000 unique items on this site and just shy of 500 coliseum monsters, and they catalogued them all.

It's a bit like going to a shoe store and saying "damn, no pizza." That has nothing to do with what's on offer here. Or maybe a better analogy is when you post a huge, dramatic chapter of a fic or webcomic and you get feedback that's nothing but 'next update when?'

I don't know. Dark mode is probably coming, but I can't help but resent when people respond to updates with 'whatever, wasn't the one I wanted.' Especially if it's something as huge as this. If you want to remind staff about dark mode, you should do so after dropping feedback on what they actually released. Investment for investment, you know?

(As an aside, I just realized I don't have to try and discern what monsters drop Eliminate anymore. ;u; It's wonderful.)
I mean it’s cool but I could go to the fr Wiki before so wasn’t really missing it. Idk
xUd1q29.gif
1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 92 93