Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting. Why do you do it?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
Okay, so I've been on this platform for over a month, and with every batch of babies comes a price.
EXALTION.
I don't get why people would throw away perfectly good dragons. You're basically deleting them from Flight Rising.
This may upset some breeders (Such as my friend, ValkyrienA535) since they have bred dragons just to show the world their uniqueness
Well, do any of you exalters have a reason? I just wanna know why.
Okay, so I've been on this platform for over a month, and with every batch of babies comes a price.
EXALTION.
I don't get why people would throw away perfectly good dragons. You're basically deleting them from Flight Rising.
This may upset some breeders (Such as my friend, ValkyrienA535) since they have bred dragons just to show the world their uniqueness
Well, do any of you exalters have a reason? I just wanna know why.
FD1rkPC.png Maybe I shouldn't- (proceeds to max effort my artwork)

Friend Requests: Open

Chronically online and addicted.
Exactly.

Side note
Why is your signature 'The Scandinavian Starship'

Edit: Hoover is referring to my SpinelTea breeding pair, which made beautiful children, but all ended up being exalted
Exactly.

Side note
Why is your signature 'The Scandinavian Starship'

Edit: Hoover is referring to my SpinelTea breeding pair, which made beautiful children, but all ended up being exalted
"May you find your book in this place."
Money.
Money.
a star sign out of whack.
[quote name="fraudulentzodiac" date="2019-11-27 07:05:30" ] Money. [/quote]
fraudulentzodiac wrote on 2019-11-27 07:05:30:
Money.
iceshieldr.png___

ERIDAN h03-icon-twinkle.gif HE/HIM h03-icon-twinkle.gif FR +8
if i remain lost & die on a cross
at least i wasn't born in a manger
I exalt dragons I don't have space to keep, lost interest in or are breeding project rejects. It's usually not worth the trouble trying to resell them anyway.

There's an unlimited supply of dragons and players only have a limited amount of lair space so it's impossible to keep every pretty dragon you hatch or come across. And people can afford to be picky about which dragons they want to keep because there's just so many available and many different tastes among the playerbase. The dragons that are unpopular or are generally undesirable need to go somewhere so they're not clogging up lairs.

If you don't want your dragon's offspring exalted, the only solution is to keep them yourself.
I exalt dragons I don't have space to keep, lost interest in or are breeding project rejects. It's usually not worth the trouble trying to resell them anyway.

There's an unlimited supply of dragons and players only have a limited amount of lair space so it's impossible to keep every pretty dragon you hatch or come across. And people can afford to be picky about which dragons they want to keep because there's just so many available and many different tastes among the playerbase. The dragons that are unpopular or are generally undesirable need to go somewhere so they're not clogging up lairs.

If you don't want your dragon's offspring exalted, the only solution is to keep them yourself.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
I exalt when I get bored of a dragon/pair, or when I purchase up a couple pages of very low-priced dragons to train in the colosseum and exalt for that big ca$h.

Also trying to sell dragons on this site is like pulling teeth without anaesthesia, so I hardly bother with it!
I exalt when I get bored of a dragon/pair, or when I purchase up a couple pages of very low-priced dragons to train in the colosseum and exalt for that big ca$h.

Also trying to sell dragons on this site is like pulling teeth without anaesthesia, so I hardly bother with it!
IcgTKPi.png
For me it comes down to two reasons: money & lair space.

I have limited amount of lair space, so I cannot keep all the dragons I hatch or buy. The same is true for everyone else, therefore a lot of the dragons hatched every day will not find a permanent home. Exalting them removes these unwanted dragons and is also very profitable. I buy dragons cheaply as hatchlings, put them into hibernation until they grow up, train them to level 8, and exalt them. I buy them at less than 5kt a hatchling, and exalt at level 8, which nets 12-14kt. That's at least 7kt profit, plus whatever I get from the coli while training them.

Exalting is also important if you are into flight dominance, but my flight Nature is rarely pushing, so that's a very minor reason for me.
For me it comes down to two reasons: money & lair space.

I have limited amount of lair space, so I cannot keep all the dragons I hatch or buy. The same is true for everyone else, therefore a lot of the dragons hatched every day will not find a permanent home. Exalting them removes these unwanted dragons and is also very profitable. I buy dragons cheaply as hatchlings, put them into hibernation until they grow up, train them to level 8, and exalt them. I buy them at less than 5kt a hatchling, and exalt at level 8, which nets 12-14kt. That's at least 7kt profit, plus whatever I get from the coli while training them.

Exalting is also important if you are into flight dominance, but my flight Nature is rarely pushing, so that's a very minor reason for me.
[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/SOmjomEnNHsrK/giphy.gif[/img] Seriously, though, that and dominance are why. At the end of the day, without exaltation, there would be no way to get rid of dragons that nobody wants and dominance would be completely useless, which would just end badly for everyone. Yes, it can hurt to see dragons you bred get yeeted to the gods, but at the end of the day, once you sell a dragon, you have no say in what happens to it. Like one above me said, if you don't want to risk your dragons being exalted, your only option is to keep them yourself. Also, no offense, but taste is different for everyone. Your dragons are pretty, even I think so, but that doesn't mean the buyer will. You might get lucky and the buyer absolutely adores the dragon...or not and it's just exalted. One way to potentially avoid it is with your prices. Don't sell low, like the lowest in the AH. Try pricing above that. No guarantee, though.
giphy.gif

Seriously, though, that and dominance are why. At the end of the day, without exaltation, there would be no way to get rid of dragons that nobody wants and dominance would be completely useless, which would just end badly for everyone. Yes, it can hurt to see dragons you bred get yeeted to the gods, but at the end of the day, once you sell a dragon, you have no say in what happens to it.

Like one above me said, if you don't want to risk your dragons being exalted, your only option is to keep them yourself.

Also, no offense, but taste is different for everyone. Your dragons are pretty, even I think so, but that doesn't mean the buyer will. You might get lucky and the buyer absolutely adores the dragon...or not and it's just exalted.

One way to potentially avoid it is with your prices. Don't sell low, like the lowest in the AH. Try pricing above that. No guarantee, though.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
I like deleting them from the site, it feels cleansing. According to my account settings I've exalted 19,116 during my time here, so I feel like I'm doing my part.
I like deleting them from the site, it feels cleansing. According to my account settings I've exalted 19,116 during my time here, so I feel like I'm doing my part.
td9UiZS.png
I don't exalt, but the reason why people exalt dragons is because:

1. Money

2. Dominance

3. Lair space
I don't exalt, but the reason why people exalt dragons is because:

1. Money

2. Dominance

3. Lair space
Hey yall I'm back!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18