Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting. Why do you do it?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
It’s like spreading maple syrup on the palm of your hand and eating it like a pancake. You don’t question why you do it, you just question why you don’t.
It’s like spreading maple syrup on the palm of your hand and eating it like a pancake. You don’t question why you do it, you just question why you don’t.
tj85yjR.png BVq8q9P.png nGvTyg3.png
Exalting is one of the most reliable ways of making consistent treasure. Any dragon can be recreated as dragons are inherently infinite, so you can always buy/breed another later if you want. Lairspace is limited and not every dragon can stay. There's also buying a dragon for a project, but then finding a better mate. Much faster to exalt than to try and resell. Oh, and of course dominance.
Exalting is one of the most reliable ways of making consistent treasure. Any dragon can be recreated as dragons are inherently infinite, so you can always buy/breed another later if you want. Lairspace is limited and not every dragon can stay. There's also buying a dragon for a project, but then finding a better mate. Much faster to exalt than to try and resell. Oh, and of course dominance.
ZryO5nF.pngW38Mj4I.pngU15OJEU.pngywWF0OY.pngZryO5nF.png
cranky old-timer here. money and lair space. exalting is a built-in profit machine, idk why people don't do it. and dragons i can't sell go off to meet their maker so i have space for ones i actually want.

small rant: i've been on this website since 2014. dragons listed at 5-6k and below are exalt fodder, straight up, and always have been. i make a point to check the bio for a "do not exalt" these days, and i still get passive-aggressive profile comments from folks a week later when they're trained and gone. list them higher or start a hatchery if you want them to have a chance.

also if every half-gened travesty stuck around forever because there was no way of clearing them out this website would feel like it was on dial-up.
cranky old-timer here. money and lair space. exalting is a built-in profit machine, idk why people don't do it. and dragons i can't sell go off to meet their maker so i have space for ones i actually want.

small rant: i've been on this website since 2014. dragons listed at 5-6k and below are exalt fodder, straight up, and always have been. i make a point to check the bio for a "do not exalt" these days, and i still get passive-aggressive profile comments from folks a week later when they're trained and gone. list them higher or start a hatchery if you want them to have a chance.

also if every half-gened travesty stuck around forever because there was no way of clearing them out this website would feel like it was on dial-up.
21556.png

◊ they/them
◊ 28
◊ FR+2
[quote name="fraudulentzodiac" date="2019-11-27 07:05:30" ] Money. [/quote]
fraudulentzodiac wrote on 2019-11-27 07:05:30:
Money.
[quote name="ArisMagenta" date="2019-11-27 07:43:52" ] I don't exalt, but the reason why people exalt dragons is because: 1. Money 2. Dominance 3. Lair space [/quote] I'll expand on this a bit: 1. Money: Every once in a long while a dragon will give you a gem (or two) upon exalting them. Also, who doesn't like to hoard money towards to future? 2. Dominance: Your Flight gets discounts and extra gather turns every day for a week if you secure a top three spot in Dominance. This is useful for expanding the main lair, buying anything from the Treasure marketplace and getting more food. Of course, you have to exalt to get those spots if you really care about that. 3. Lair space: Always welcome. Also, sometimes no one wants a dragon because they're widely considered as ugly or having little genetic potential in pairings. The lore of exalting dragons places great honor on them because they're technically serving the deity of their clan's Flight forever, so I feel okay exalting dragons because they get to go do something important and I can have space to breed more dragons people are more likely to keep. It's a win-win lore-wise.
ArisMagenta wrote on 2019-11-27 07:43:52:
I don't exalt, but the reason why people exalt dragons is because:

1. Money

2. Dominance

3. Lair space

I'll expand on this a bit:

1. Money: Every once in a long while a dragon will give you a gem (or two) upon exalting them. Also, who doesn't like to hoard money towards to future?

2. Dominance: Your Flight gets discounts and extra gather turns every day for a week if you secure a top three spot in Dominance. This is useful for expanding the main lair, buying anything from the Treasure marketplace and getting more food. Of course, you have to exalt to get those spots if you really care about that.

3. Lair space: Always welcome.

Also, sometimes no one wants a dragon because they're widely considered as ugly or having little genetic potential in pairings. The lore of exalting dragons places great honor on them because they're technically serving the deity of their clan's Flight forever, so I feel okay exalting dragons because they get to go do something important and I can have space to breed more dragons people are more likely to keep. It's a win-win lore-wise.
MV1Iakt.png Arcane Flight Alignment | Fae Enthusiast | Likes Red, Blue and Purple MV1Iakt.png
Simple: Money.
Simple: Money.
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop
I'm trying to breed for certain genes and eye types, so if my hatchlings aren't selling, there's no other way to get a rid of the extra ones. Exalting also brings in the money, sooo...
I'm trying to breed for certain genes and eye types, so if my hatchlings aren't selling, there's no other way to get a rid of the extra ones. Exalting also brings in the money, sooo...
PWSZq63.pngN5Fffyx.pngwX6kcXO.png
Money, which I in turn trade for more apparel, so my dragons won't be nakey.
Money, which I in turn trade for more apparel, so my dragons won't be nakey.
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
Train dragons, receive goods and/or money in return.
Train dragons, receive goods and/or money in return.
Tell me your desire
while you pull me from the fire
and we'll seal the deal with a kiss
i exalt them to make people sad, i feed off tears
i exalt them to make people sad, i feed off tears
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18