Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Dom] Icecon 2019 [Closed/ongoing]
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39 40
@Johan Where's the lamb sauce??? - Meat Prompt:Day 7: Proudest Work Entry: [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43489605] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434897/43489605_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] He sighed, shoulders slumping. His eyes turned down to the ground as he sniffled. "I can't just talk about the same things every time, can I? My best creation is Bugle, but I feel like if I just talk about her again I'll seem like a one trick pony. If I'm being honest, I've not made many amazing things myself. I made the sound system that keeps breaking but that certainly doesn't qualify as amazing." All of a sudden, he perked up again and his eyes lit up in an almost childlike manner. "Oh, I did make a portable coffee machine for Hilde who runs the cafe, that was pretty cool if I do say so myself and I haven't had to try and repair it ever since. Hilde's girlfriend said it was the nicest coffee she'd ever had and I trust her judgement so I guess that means it's amazing!"
@Johan
Where's the lamb sauce??? - Meat
Prompt:Day 7: Proudest Work
Entry: He sighed, shoulders slumping. His eyes turned down to the ground as he sniffled.
"I can't just talk about the same things every time, can I? My best creation is Bugle, but I feel like if I just talk about her again I'll seem like a one trick pony. If I'm being honest, I've not made many amazing things myself. I made the sound system that keeps breaking but that certainly doesn't qualify as amazing."
All of a sudden, he perked up again and his eyes lit up in an almost childlike manner.
"Oh, I did make a portable coffee machine for Hilde who runs the cafe, that was pretty cool if I do say so myself and I haven't had to try and repair it ever since. Hilde's girlfriend said it was the nicest coffee she'd ever had and I trust her judgement so I guess that means it's amazing!"
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
@Johan
Prompt: Day 7: Proudest work!
Entry:

“Proudest work…? Proudest work… I don’t believe I have anything I could call my proudest work, my greenhouse could be better and my research isn’t done yet,” Katie frowned, there truly wasn't anything she could think of. “Although! I suppose you could call this my proudest work, even though it has nothing to do with my studies!”

In one quick motion of her hand, Katie set off a small, bright, pink flame dancing between her fingers. “It’s so exciting! We thought that only mechanical beings could control this fire but look!” The flame flickered between her hands before fizzling out, the entire time, she was grinning like a schoolkid who’d learned their first “bad” word.

where's the lambsauce?-plants!
@Johan
Entry:

“Proudest work…? Proudest work… I don’t believe I have anything I could call my proudest work, my greenhouse could be better and my research isn’t done yet,” Katie frowned, there truly wasn't anything she could think of. “Although! I suppose you could call this my proudest work, even though it has nothing to do with my studies!”

In one quick motion of her hand, Katie set off a small, bright, pink flame dancing between her fingers. “It’s so exciting! We thought that only mechanical beings could control this fire but look!” The flame flickered between her hands before fizzling out, the entire time, she was grinning like a schoolkid who’d learned their first “bad” word.

where's the lambsauce?-plants!
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
@Johan Prompt: Day 7: Proudest work! Entery: [img]https://i.imgur.com/6TMXWu7.png[/img] [center][i]"Not nearly finished, but there she is! An encyclopedia of Sorniethian fauna and flora. With images!"[/i][/center]
@Johan
Entery: 6TMXWu7.png
"Not nearly finished, but there she is! An encyclopedia of Sorniethian fauna and flora. With images!"
That's it chief, I'm taking the badge B)
That's it chief, I'm taking the badge B)
(Congrats Quietgal!)
@Johan
Prompt: Proudest work!

Hm? Proudest? I'm proud of all my work! Once, I helped Yietree set up a new watering system for her plants! At the time we were living in the Twisting Crescendo. For a hurricane, it's hard to water plants there. You'd think it'd be easier since it's a swirling vortex of wind and water! Haha! Oh right! Also helped her figure out how to grow plants up there too. Probably should have mentioned that one first...

And the most recent one! This!! Look at this hahaha! It's amazing what can be done in such a short time, eheheh, I think I've succeeded in creating an insect version of the drink my friend was talking about! Right right! Or at the very least close to it! Close enough! It gives you enough of a zap to keep you going just a liiiiiittle while longer! Haha! It's like insect coffee! Great for spirals! I've run out though... ah erm... where's the lamb sauce? I seem to have already drunk my samples, oops haha!
(Congrats Quietgal!)
@Johan
Prompt: Proudest work!

Hm? Proudest? I'm proud of all my work! Once, I helped Yietree set up a new watering system for her plants! At the time we were living in the Twisting Crescendo. For a hurricane, it's hard to water plants there. You'd think it'd be easier since it's a swirling vortex of wind and water! Haha! Oh right! Also helped her figure out how to grow plants up there too. Probably should have mentioned that one first...

And the most recent one! This!! Look at this hahaha! It's amazing what can be done in such a short time, eheheh, I think I've succeeded in creating an insect version of the drink my friend was talking about! Right right! Or at the very least close to it! Close enough! It gives you enough of a zap to keep you going just a liiiiiittle while longer! Haha! It's like insect coffee! Great for spirals! I've run out though... ah erm... where's the lamb sauce? I seem to have already drunk my samples, oops haha!
iQDbaIG.pngVU2KtEp.pnglohf4Mo.pngmIJ4jhU.gif9VJKzaA.png
@Johan Prompt: Day 7, Proudest work Entry: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37430314] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/374304/37430314.png[/img] [/url] [font= comic sans][size=4] “Ah, well, I’m proud of all of my works! It’s hard to choose just one when they all make everyone’s lives easier. Or at least, they’re meant to do that...anyway, I’m aware of the bias I’m showing, but for one of my first successful creations, the supports I’ve built for myself are one of the things I’m proudest of!” Marble pointed out the machinery lining his body, supporting his wings and neck crests and one of his hind legs. “Y’see, I didn’t hatch right a long time ago, and a lot of the ligaments that kept my limbs and crests from bending in any way they wanted to just weren’t there! ‘Course there’s not exactly a magical grow-ligaments-in-the-proper-places potion or what have, so there’s no way I can ever be healed, but that’s what pushed me to become an engineer! An inventor! The ones I have on now aren’t the originals of course, I’ve far outgrown those, but I still have them in my room!”[/font][/size]
@Johan
Prompt: Day 7, Proudest work
Entry:

37430314.png

“Ah, well, I’m proud of all of my works! It’s hard to choose just one when they all make everyone’s lives easier. Or at least, they’re meant to do that...anyway, I’m aware of the bias I’m showing, but for one of my first successful creations, the supports I’ve built for myself are one of the things I’m proudest of!” Marble pointed out the machinery lining his body, supporting his wings and neck crests and one of his hind legs. “Y’see, I didn’t hatch right a long time ago, and a lot of the ligaments that kept my limbs and crests from bending in any way they wanted to just weren’t there! ‘Course there’s not exactly a magical grow-ligaments-in-the-proper-places potion or what have, so there’s no way I can ever be healed, but that’s what pushed me to become an engineer! An inventor! The ones I have on now aren’t the originals of course, I’ve far outgrown those, but I still have them in my room!”
gtyhuj_100x100.png Autmn_forest_2_3.jpg t-e-e-th-j-a-r.gif
@Johan (wheres the lamb sauce? that seafood linguini? that clams with white sauce? that nice salmon and butter pasta?) [center]Prompt: [b]Day 7- Proudest work![/b] Entry: [emoji=red vial size=1][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/eVxFiRk.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ksWpvzT.png[/img] (img 1: "My proudest work? My pride and joy? I have many, but one stands above ALL others! A miracle, by all rights. A truly scientific MARVEL!") (img 2: "Turning an emperor... into an imperial once more!") Eissu is practically brimming with joy as they reveal their greatest work! "I managed to revive a [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=29425&tab=dragon&did=50800178]past member of an emperor [/url]after its death- he is my most prized success, and he displays full sapience just as I'm certain he was before he was part of the emperor! By all rights, he shouldn't exist! And yet... Here he is! Is this not an incredible feat?!"
@Johan (wheres the lamb sauce? that seafood linguini? that clams with white sauce? that nice salmon and butter pasta?)

Prompt: Day 7- Proudest work!

Entry:

eVxFiRk.png
ksWpvzT.png

(img 1: "My proudest work? My pride and joy? I have many, but one stands above ALL others! A miracle, by all rights. A truly scientific MARVEL!")
(img 2: "Turning an emperor... into an imperial once more!")

Eissu is practically brimming with joy as they reveal their greatest work!

"I managed to revive a past member of an emperor after its death- he is my most prized success, and he displays full sapience just as I'm certain he was before he was part of the emperor! By all rights, he shouldn't exist! And yet... Here he is! Is this not an incredible feat?!"
V0awagL.png
[center][font=georgia] @Johan [s]my aching hands lol[/s] [b]Day 7[/b] | [u]Proudest work[/u] [b]Entry[/b] | Sorcery knew it was one of the last days here, and with knowing that, she sighed. Sorcery was going to miss the siblings talking, those multiple reporters that came out, and all the scientists whom she had no courage to talk to - but respected them all anyways. But most of all, Sorcery was going to miss that one Ridgeback - the mastermind of the questions and the draws - it made her smile a bit. [quote]"But enough about mistakes! It's time to celebrate our achievements no matter how big or small. Is there something you're proud with? Solution to a shortage of materials? A successful experiment? Managing to get extra fundings for your projects? Or just simply completing something you've been working on? Tell us more!"[/quote] [Font=georgia]"My greatest achievement? ...greatest... achievemnt... hmmmm." Sorcery was indeed mumbling to herself - lost in thought trying to select the best one to share. "Aha!" Sorcery exclaimed, her eyes brightening up and her pearly whites now showing. "I helped create a new identity for every new comer! Let me explain - those who are looking for us usually want to escape their current life - they want to start anew. Crux and I help them create who they want to be. New genes? Check. New colours? Check. New familiars and introducing them to friends? Check that one too. We give them something to have for themselves, a type of stability that feels amazing for those who come. That's what I'm most proud of - improving lives of others - no matter the cost." Sorcery said, nodding as she checked off each item. Her smile finally was genuine. Sorcery was beyond happy for her job, and to be apart of this crazy event! ----- [Font=georgia]Where's the lmab sauce? Seafood, please!! <3[/center]
@Johan
my aching hands lol

Day 7 | Proudest work

Entry | Sorcery knew it was one of the last days here, and with knowing that, she sighed.

Sorcery was going to miss the siblings talking, those multiple reporters that came out, and all the scientists whom she had no courage to talk to - but respected them all anyways. But most of all, Sorcery was going to miss that one Ridgeback - the mastermind of the questions and the draws - it made her smile a bit.

Quote:
"But enough about mistakes! It's time to celebrate our achievements no matter how big or small. Is there something you're proud with? Solution to a shortage of materials? A successful experiment? Managing to get extra fundings for your projects? Or just simply completing something you've been working on? Tell us more!"

"My greatest achievement? ...greatest... achievemnt... hmmmm." Sorcery was indeed mumbling to herself - lost in thought trying to select the best one to share.

"Aha!" Sorcery exclaimed, her eyes brightening up and her pearly whites now showing.

"I helped create a new identity for every new comer! Let me explain - those who are looking for us usually want to escape their current life - they want to start anew. Crux and I help them create who they want to be.

New genes? Check.

New colours? Check.

New familiars and introducing them to friends? Check that one too.

We give them something to have for themselves, a type of stability that feels amazing for those who come.

That's what I'm most proud of - improving lives of others - no matter the cost." Sorcery said, nodding as she checked off each item.

Her smile finally was genuine. Sorcery was beyond happy for her job, and to be apart of this crazy event!

Where's the lmab sauce? Seafood, please!! <3
earth.gif
FR +3
They/Them

Lore Fiend + Aff Artist

Brewing Corner
@Johan Prompt: Day 7: Proudest work! Entry: [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51330224][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/513303/51330224.png[/img][/url] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50754508][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/507546/50754508.png[/img][/url] After the seminar, which did give helpful pointers on how to ameliorate the effects of an experiment gone wrong, they returned to the main hall. "Looks like the day's nearly over. We've probably got one more seminar before they kick us out. We better make it count." "Maybe we could make friends." Rahasyamay suggested. Domantas had to look to check that the flatness of that tone was just the little fae's usual manner, and not a deadpan remark. "I mean, we could try, but with whom?" Domantas couldn't help the way his eyes darted towards a particular ridgeback. Said dragon gave him a subtle nod. Domantas relaxed somewhat. "Anyone. Someone near the Ashfall Waste might be preferable," Rahasyamay clarified. "I guess." Domantas twitched as they wandered nearer the food tables. 'Wandered', more like careful steering that looked aimless. Rahasyamay's eyes scanned the table, and his frills suggested he expected disappointment. Domantas knew the exact moment when the little fae caught on, because his eyes stopped, backtracked, and fixated. "There is lamb sauce." Rahasyamay's frills came up into something like hope and excitement. "Domantas, look. There is lamb sauce." "So there is, buddy. Does this mean I don't have to hear you ask 'where's the lamb sauce?' one more time?" he asked, forcibly nonchalant. The seafood he'd had to offer that ridgeback had been more than worth it. Rahasyamay's hope was far more important. They'd done a lot of experiments together, found incredible things, but that was science. That was where Domantas excelled. What he'd done here, today? Turning a face-first collision with a larger dragon into a means to convince Rahasyamay that he was not a failure of a seer? [i]That[/i] had been hard. [i]That[/i] was something Domantas was proud of. Rahasyamay never had to know he'd done it. Domantas certainly wasn't going to tell him. "No," Rahasyamay agreed. And then - "Thank you."
@Johan
Entry:
51330224.png 50754508.png

After the seminar, which did give helpful pointers on how to ameliorate the effects of an experiment gone wrong, they returned to the main hall. "Looks like the day's nearly over. We've probably got one more seminar before they kick us out. We better make it count."

"Maybe we could make friends." Rahasyamay suggested. Domantas had to look to check that the flatness of that tone was just the little fae's usual manner, and not a deadpan remark.

"I mean, we could try, but with whom?" Domantas couldn't help the way his eyes darted towards a particular ridgeback. Said dragon gave him a subtle nod. Domantas relaxed somewhat.

"Anyone. Someone near the Ashfall Waste might be preferable," Rahasyamay clarified.

"I guess." Domantas twitched as they wandered nearer the food tables. 'Wandered', more like careful steering that looked aimless.

Rahasyamay's eyes scanned the table, and his frills suggested he expected disappointment. Domantas knew the exact moment when the little fae caught on, because his eyes stopped, backtracked, and fixated. "There is lamb sauce." Rahasyamay's frills came up into something like hope and excitement. "Domantas, look. There is lamb sauce."

"So there is, buddy. Does this mean I don't have to hear you ask 'where's the lamb sauce?' one more time?" he asked, forcibly nonchalant. The seafood he'd had to offer that ridgeback had been more than worth it. Rahasyamay's hope was far more important. They'd done a lot of experiments together, found incredible things, but that was science. That was where Domantas excelled. What he'd done here, today? Turning a face-first collision with a larger dragon into a means to convince Rahasyamay that he was not a failure of a seer? That had been hard. That was something Domantas was proud of. Rahasyamay never had to know he'd done it. Domantas certainly wasn't going to tell him.

"No," Rahasyamay agreed. And then - "Thank you."
KfpmU0m.png
@Johan

(( Thanks for letting me use the pinglist! I'll go edit it in, though I'm not sure how to highlight a particular part more than it already is without things getting...weird.

And ah, no worries. I don't like forcing things into the narrative, but I did try to at least mention/reference food in all of them. If it doesn't qualify, it doesn't qualify, but it's more important to me that the written work flows naturally. :) ))

@QuietGal

(( Grats! ))
@Johan

(( Thanks for letting me use the pinglist! I'll go edit it in, though I'm not sure how to highlight a particular part more than it already is without things getting...weird.

And ah, no worries. I don't like forcing things into the narrative, but I did try to at least mention/reference food in all of them. If it doesn't qualify, it doesn't qualify, but it's more important to me that the written work flows naturally. :) ))

@QuietGal

(( Grats! ))
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39 40