Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Steampunk Refresh
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 62 63
I do like the new design and appreciate it, but I also gotta say that on some breeds/dergs I miss the old apparel design. I do wish there had been some kind of communication or poll, but the art is still good.
I do like the new design and appreciate it, but I also gotta say that on some breeds/dergs I miss the old apparel design. I do wish there had been some kind of communication or poll, but the art is still good.

__snek, snek, let down your necc
_ 5RUhw7e.gifmISblcI.gifXjw0MAJ.gif
While the steampunk apparel has been a bit dated for a while and an update is nice, I'm curious why every single piece except the actual worst aspect of the set was updated.

The goggles have always looked super fakey, chunky, strangely askew on several breeds, completely (functionally, but hey it's fantasy) useless (and in my opinion, one of the biggest misses with apparel on the site entirely) and I guess will remain so.. Which is a shame bc they could have been so cute!? But y'know. Whatever, I should be used to this by now, huh.

I feel marginally bad because I tend to meet these updates with bitterness and disappointment almost every time, and it's not like I have high expectations, I've been through this plenty of times and know very well how this is gonna go now. But I just? I guess I'll never understand quite how the priorities with the team work at all.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the work though, heck, I'm still here after all!

Apologies for being a bit petty over something pretty small, it's just a stack of tiny issues start to wear on me eventually (ongoing gene/color issues, implementation, etc) and I get this way about even the smallest things after a while.
While the steampunk apparel has been a bit dated for a while and an update is nice, I'm curious why every single piece except the actual worst aspect of the set was updated.

The goggles have always looked super fakey, chunky, strangely askew on several breeds, completely (functionally, but hey it's fantasy) useless (and in my opinion, one of the biggest misses with apparel on the site entirely) and I guess will remain so.. Which is a shame bc they could have been so cute!? But y'know. Whatever, I should be used to this by now, huh.

I feel marginally bad because I tend to meet these updates with bitterness and disappointment almost every time, and it's not like I have high expectations, I've been through this plenty of times and know very well how this is gonna go now. But I just? I guess I'll never understand quite how the priorities with the team work at all.

That's not to say I don't appreciate the work though, heck, I'm still here after all!

Apologies for being a bit petty over something pretty small, it's just a stack of tiny issues start to wear on me eventually (ongoing gene/color issues, implementation, etc) and I get this way about even the smallest things after a while.
5gqCC4H.gif‎‎Please ping me! E718jtQ.gif
[quote name="Kintsugii" date="2019-09-07 16:27:00" ] [quote name="thezombiedragon" date="2019-09-07 12:42:48" ] the revamp is really nice and i really love it, i really do, but considering a lot of other reactions i've seen tbh this just once again shows a lack of consideration for the userbase. what's the point of catering to a userbase if you don't ask for their input and opinion on big changes to a site that you want them to keep using? this website has been around for six years, you don't think a sizeable amount of users probably liked how the steampunk gear already looked? that they didn't already have dragons designed around how much they liked the old apparel? don't you think it would've been a thousand times more considerate and useful to ask your userbase whether or not they wanted something like that changed instead of up and revamping everything without warning? like i said, i personally love the way the new steampunk gear looks compared to the old stuff, but it would be really nice if there was, y'know, some actual feedback acquired from the users it affects before making a big permanent change like that in the future. [/quote] THIS [/quote] +1 this as well as someone whos been on this site for just barely less than five years. I think it's really disappointing that we didn't really get any warning about this, I feel like its inconsiderate towards people who had learned to like whats been around for a while and have used it. Personally, I only had a smaller handful of dragons that used it, but if someone out there really loved the stuff and had it on a good amount of dragons, the lack of warning for them probably is very disappointing as it most likely changed the style for at least a couple. It practically affected all of mine personally, where the steampunk apparel had been the focus of the dragons. Now, I also see a lot of people crying to the people that don't appreciate it saying things like 'what about the artists hard work? >:c ' and yes- it's unfortunate for the artists that some don't appreciate their work. I'm a student in college pursuing art myself, I can relate that it sucks. However, I feel like people aren't trying to attack the artists about this at all. I just feel like while they put work into this yes, they could've gone about this a different way. Aside from not letting the fanbase know (which isnt really the artist's fault) I feel like this is a CHANGE, not an UPDATE (at least the wings). I feel like if FR wanted to revamp the old steampunk, it would've been more appropriate to recreate it to look the same, just in the newer art style. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and its why I think some are upset. To be fair, I actually really like the new steampunk. Tin is also an awesome addition. I just don't really like the wings, so I'm kinda bummed, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much to me. What REALLY matters, is the fact the staff didn't consider their userbase's opinions at all beforehand, and they just jumped to the final change. This is incredibly concerning to me as someone who has played pretty consistently for several years. I know FR is going to ignore the people that don't like how it looks now and instead just fix clipping errors etc, and thats ok. I just [i][u]really really hope they aren't going to ignore the people that dislike it just for the fact that they gave us no warning.[/u] [/i]This is one little incident, so not freaking out just yet- but if this is something that starts to happen and is allowed to happen repeatedly, it's going to have a huge negative impact on the site, leaving the userbase to suffer for it.
Kintsugii wrote on 2019-09-07 16:27:00:
thezombiedragon wrote on 2019-09-07 12:42:48:
the revamp is really nice and i really love it, i really do, but considering a lot of other reactions i've seen tbh this just once again shows a lack of consideration for the userbase. what's the point of catering to a userbase if you don't ask for their input and opinion on big changes to a site that you want them to keep using? this website has been around for six years, you don't think a sizeable amount of users probably liked how the steampunk gear already looked? that they didn't already have dragons designed around how much they liked the old apparel? don't you think it would've been a thousand times more considerate and useful to ask your userbase whether or not they wanted something like that changed instead of up and revamping everything without warning?

like i said, i personally love the way the new steampunk gear looks compared to the old stuff, but it would be really nice if there was, y'know, some actual feedback acquired from the users it affects before making a big permanent change like that in the future.

THIS

+1 this as well as someone whos been on this site for just barely less than five years. I think it's really disappointing that we didn't really get any warning about this, I feel like its inconsiderate towards people who had learned to like whats been around for a while and have used it. Personally, I only had a smaller handful of dragons that used it, but if someone out there really loved the stuff and had it on a good amount of dragons, the lack of warning for them probably is very disappointing as it most likely changed the style for at least a couple. It practically affected all of mine personally, where the steampunk apparel had been the focus of the dragons.

Now, I also see a lot of people crying to the people that don't appreciate it saying things like 'what about the artists hard work? >:c ' and yes- it's unfortunate for the artists that some don't appreciate their work. I'm a student in college pursuing art myself, I can relate that it sucks. However, I feel like people aren't trying to attack the artists about this at all. I just feel like while they put work into this yes, they could've gone about this a different way. Aside from not letting the fanbase know (which isnt really the artist's fault) I feel like this is a CHANGE, not an UPDATE (at least the wings). I feel like if FR wanted to revamp the old steampunk, it would've been more appropriate to recreate it to look the same, just in the newer art style. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and its why I think some are upset.

To be fair, I actually really like the new steampunk. Tin is also an awesome addition. I just don't really like the wings, so I'm kinda bummed, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter that much to me. What REALLY matters, is the fact the staff didn't consider their userbase's opinions at all beforehand, and they just jumped to the final change. This is incredibly concerning to me as someone who has played pretty consistently for several years. I know FR is going to ignore the people that don't like how it looks now and instead just fix clipping errors etc, and thats ok. I just really really hope they aren't going to ignore the people that dislike it just for the fact that they gave us no warning. This is one little incident, so not freaking out just yet- but if this is something that starts to happen and is allowed to happen repeatedly, it's going to have a huge negative impact on the site, leaving the userbase to suffer for it.
ezgif.com-resize_3.gif ezgif.com-resize_4.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker_16.gif
I agree. Some kind of poll "Do you want that update" would be very nice, but we really should have some warning, even just for "Well, my dragons will look different, I love how they look now, time to screenshot" purposes.

Honestly, from just updated art pespective, clipping issues aside, it could be worse (in terms of "this looks similar/way different than before), it was already worse with armor sets. But it still has issues and I'm afraid about birdskull update. It will come eventually, it's an another old set, I use it a lot, so, yeah.
I agree. Some kind of poll "Do you want that update" would be very nice, but we really should have some warning, even just for "Well, my dragons will look different, I love how they look now, time to screenshot" purposes.

Honestly, from just updated art pespective, clipping issues aside, it could be worse (in terms of "this looks similar/way different than before), it was already worse with armor sets. But it still has issues and I'm afraid about birdskull update. It will come eventually, it's an another old set, I use it a lot, so, yeah.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
I do like the art and update. Already have one on my dragon, however I'm really upset the old art was replaced rather than a second set being made. Why is it too hard to make a new set? Call it the modern set or something? Why does FR enjoy taking stuff away from players?
I do like the art and update. Already have one on my dragon, however I'm really upset the old art was replaced rather than a second set being made. Why is it too hard to make a new set? Call it the modern set or something? Why does FR enjoy taking stuff away from players?
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
A fresh look, I like that! I especially like the new set dropping in the Boreal Woods!! Thank you.
A fresh look, I like that! I especially like the new set dropping in the Boreal Woods!! Thank you.
hc7MLaK.png
Is anyone else noticing some clipping issues with the revamped apparel? It looks like quite a few of the pieces dont' sit quite like they're supposed to.
Is anyone else noticing some clipping issues with the revamped apparel? It looks like quite a few of the pieces dont' sit quite like they're supposed to.
shaowed_sanctuary_family_button_small.pngkkBGai5.gifNZB3p5y.png
Perhaps a toggle between old and new art for each apparel will solve the issues? I personally don't mind in the update
Perhaps a toggle between old and new art for each apparel will solve the issues? I personally don't mind in the update
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
I mean, a little warning or asking the userbase would have been nice, but I don't hate the update either. (although I honestly liked the old design better) I get both sides. (The only thing that is bothering me for personal reasons is that the Green Steampunk Sets Lights switched from Green to Blue-Why? It doesn't really make sense to me and now I have to undress the Tail piece from one of my staple Dragons if it stays that way, because the little Lamp Colour now looks really out of place :c) Edith says: As the post right after me thankfully stated, apparently that was an oversight and will be corrected, so nevermind :3) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37986] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/380/37986_350.png[/img] [/url]
I mean, a little warning or asking the userbase would have been nice, but I don't hate the update either. (although I honestly liked the old design better)
I get both sides.
(The only thing that is bothering me for personal reasons is that the Green Steampunk Sets Lights switched from Green to Blue-Why? It doesn't really make sense to me and now I have to undress the Tail piece from one of my staple Dragons if it stays that way, because the little Lamp Colour now looks really out of place :c)
Edith says: As the post right after me thankfully stated, apparently that was an oversight and will be corrected, so nevermind :3)

37986_350.png
LApYAIi.gif~.: +9FR Time :.~p8qgXPn.gif
[font=trebuchet ms]@InuKimi [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547071601233887255/620263041736376320/unknown.png[/img]
@InuKimi

unknown.png
1fjEhCh.png
1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 62 63