Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [Discussion] Brightshine Jubilee 2019
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21
@Nightmare10 Someone already pointed out that there are a few issues with your submissions, but I thought I'd highlight the specific rules for you so you can see exactly what the issues are and why. That way you know exactly what to fix! Bolded the relevant parts.

Quote:
A reminder to read the skin & accent creation rules. All entries must abide by these. Here some additional reminders for skin rules:
  • Skins must maintain an intact shadow and line art layer that are darker than the colors they sit on top of.
    • Do not erase into either of these layers.
    • Do not make them so light that they do not appear distinctly darker than the colors that they rest on top of.
  • Remember that skins and accents may not cover up line art or extend beyond the silhouette of the dragon.
  • All submissions must be 350x350 png24 with transparency. Large previews are fine, but we need the correctly sized image for judging.
Quote:
To enter, post a reply containing your entry in this thread. You may enter up to 2 times. Please edit your original post and house your entries within the same reply to keep things tidy.

From the general skin and accent rules:
  • You must obtain permission by the original artist to upload a Skin or Accent that you did not create.
  • ...the site does not allow the use of any personal or stock photos, clipart, or texture brushes.

Summary:
  1. Keep the art within the lines
  2. Keep the shadow and lineart layers intact
  3. You need a 350x350 transparent png. Those large previews are fine just for fun to show users browsing the thread, but staff are only judging the 350x350 images
  4. Keep your entries to one post
  5. Only two entries for each contest
  6. Don't submit someone else's art if you don't have permission (that second post was unclear whether they told you it was okay to submit their art. If they did, then ignore me.)

Good luck!
@Nightmare10 Someone already pointed out that there are a few issues with your submissions, but I thought I'd highlight the specific rules for you so you can see exactly what the issues are and why. That way you know exactly what to fix! Bolded the relevant parts.

Quote:
A reminder to read the skin & accent creation rules. All entries must abide by these. Here some additional reminders for skin rules:
  • Skins must maintain an intact shadow and line art layer that are darker than the colors they sit on top of.
    • Do not erase into either of these layers.
    • Do not make them so light that they do not appear distinctly darker than the colors that they rest on top of.
  • Remember that skins and accents may not cover up line art or extend beyond the silhouette of the dragon.
  • All submissions must be 350x350 png24 with transparency. Large previews are fine, but we need the correctly sized image for judging.
Quote:
To enter, post a reply containing your entry in this thread. You may enter up to 2 times. Please edit your original post and house your entries within the same reply to keep things tidy.

From the general skin and accent rules:
  • You must obtain permission by the original artist to upload a Skin or Accent that you did not create.
  • ...the site does not allow the use of any personal or stock photos, clipart, or texture brushes.

Summary:
  1. Keep the art within the lines
  2. Keep the shadow and lineart layers intact
  3. You need a 350x350 transparent png. Those large previews are fine just for fun to show users browsing the thread, but staff are only judging the 350x350 images
  4. Keep your entries to one post
  5. Only two entries for each contest
  6. Don't submit someone else's art if you don't have permission (that second post was unclear whether they told you it was okay to submit their art. If they did, then ignore me.)

Good luck!
myosotis Sela, she/her, FR+3
Jewelry Box Fae Subspecies
Official Lightning Subspecies
Ultimate Dragon Color Guide
Lore
_______________________Jewelry Box Fae subspecies
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/240619287755096064/588413256524365840/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/240619287755096064/588413518299136040/0_17_11_9_27_35_33_118_103_11_1_.png[/img] Few more adjustments for terts and corrections then it should be done ^^;
unknown.png

0_17_11_9_27_35_33_118_103_11_1_.png

Few more adjustments for terts and corrections then it should be done ^^;

tumblr_nh64rms0ri1qmza3yo5_r1_250.png Plagueisweenies2k15
@norbmeister i looove your warrior's gleam accent! if it doesn't win and you end up deciding to print it, please ping me ^^
@norbmeister i looove your warrior's gleam accent! if it doesn't win and you end up deciding to print it, please ping me ^^

> pigeon
> they/them
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2698582/13#post_39343907 ^hi guys I'm not a very experienced skin maker, so I just wanted to check if my skin seems to follow all the rules alright! I hope the underlying lines/shading are still showing enough...? [emoji=gaoler sad size=2]
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2698582/13#post_39343907
^hi guys I'm not a very experienced skin maker, so I just wanted to check if my skin seems to follow all the rules alright! I hope the underlying lines/shading are still showing enough...?
aurjay_head_small.pnghello there
@pigeonz

Thank you so much~
If there is enough interest I'll definitely being doing a print ^^
@pigeonz

Thank you so much~
If there is enough interest I'll definitely being doing a print ^^
@GeoDragon Hey, I just wanna say that your entry is gorgeous and I hope it wins but in case it dosen't and you plan on printing it, could I be put on a pinglist for it? [emoji=coatl laughing size=1] Best of luck, rooting for your entry!
@GeoDragon

Hey, I just wanna say that your entry is gorgeous and I hope it wins but in case it dosen't and you plan on printing it, could I be put on a pinglist for it?
Best of luck, rooting for your entry!
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
@Phenri aaa thank you so much :D I do plan on printing it if it doesn't win, I'll be sure to ping you if I do!
@Phenri aaa thank you so much :D I do plan on printing it if it doesn't win, I'll be sure to ping you if I do!
Going to ping the artist who's entries caught my eye, but really everyone who entered deserves compliments and praise.

@Desnik I love your entries. The bogsneak gives me sort of any Egyptian vibe, and the coatl is really clever using the head feathers as extended ears, I've never thought about that!

@RiavaCornelia I love your Female Gaoler accent in particular! If gaolers ever get starmap/constelation, I can see that accent complementing those genes very well

@Mipha I don't have any spirals that aren't fandragons, but if that accent wins, I'd definitely consider getting one! The accent is subtle, but very powerful!

@shroudrat I'm really impressed with the way you made the male accent work with or without Gnarlhorns! Great job! I also love the little egg being held by the female's tail.

@Caecilius I generally love all tundra accents, and yours is no exception! Really lovely looking.

@Valenci I really like your Pearlcatcher accent, despite me not having a single female pearl. Very nicely done.

@Doomy Your pearl accent is really cool, and the gaoler accent is awesome. I'd totally use that.

@Bluedragon Sealight is so pretty that I will immediately go buy an imperial if it gets chosen as a winner.

@GeoDragon Lightlocked is really pretty. All of the little details are really nice, and I love the way you draw feathers.
Going to ping the artist who's entries caught my eye, but really everyone who entered deserves compliments and praise.

@Desnik I love your entries. The bogsneak gives me sort of any Egyptian vibe, and the coatl is really clever using the head feathers as extended ears, I've never thought about that!

@RiavaCornelia I love your Female Gaoler accent in particular! If gaolers ever get starmap/constelation, I can see that accent complementing those genes very well

@Mipha I don't have any spirals that aren't fandragons, but if that accent wins, I'd definitely consider getting one! The accent is subtle, but very powerful!

@shroudrat I'm really impressed with the way you made the male accent work with or without Gnarlhorns! Great job! I also love the little egg being held by the female's tail.

@Caecilius I generally love all tundra accents, and yours is no exception! Really lovely looking.

@Valenci I really like your Pearlcatcher accent, despite me not having a single female pearl. Very nicely done.

@Doomy Your pearl accent is really cool, and the gaoler accent is awesome. I'd totally use that.

@Bluedragon Sealight is so pretty that I will immediately go buy an imperial if it gets chosen as a winner.

@GeoDragon Lightlocked is really pretty. All of the little details are really nice, and I love the way you draw feathers.
JIjswVw.png
|| Accent Sales | Wishlist | Art Dump ||
I collect Tundra and Obelisk skins!
Do you have what I need?
@VariantLoki Awww thanks so much!! <3
@VariantLoki Awww thanks so much!! <3
@GeoDragon LightLocked is gorgeous and no one can tell me otherwise
@GeoDragon LightLocked is gorgeous and no one can tell me otherwise
Hello! I'm FrostiiWolf, give me obsidian we I need m o r e-
she/her | fr +0
MadeupDiligentIndianspinyloach-max-1mb.gif