Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87
14 days or even a month would be ideal as I sometimes go off for long bits of time and travel quite a bit; but overall, super cool update!
14 days or even a month would be ideal as I sometimes go off for long bits of time and travel quite a bit; but overall, super cool update!
145147204&trans=1.jpg
Pet's name: Rosette
Sweet!
Sweet!
17248.png .....................
cringe
ZMt7ASU.gif
Mesq6uj.png

J7D1quC.png

ZTPHjAD.png
o4KdtaP.png
Wow! I like this idea. And Galore is very beautiful.
I think 7 days is good, because the holidays are 7 days, correct?
14 might be better for people on hiatus though, as others have pointed out.

overall thank you guys for the update!
Wow! I like this idea. And Galore is very beautiful.
I think 7 days is good, because the holidays are 7 days, correct?
14 might be better for people on hiatus though, as others have pointed out.

overall thank you guys for the update!
Live, Love, & Look after the Earth giphy.gif
Quote:
Galore

I love her

EDIT: god I just want to say, the new little watermark background you guys added to official admin forum posts looks like a boot mark... I keep thinking some tiny foot stepped on my screen and I have to clean it
Quote:
Galore

I love her

EDIT: god I just want to say, the new little watermark background you guys added to official admin forum posts looks like a boot mark... I keep thinking some tiny foot stepped on my screen and I have to clean it
TAkaIpD.png
Galore's design is so good... 7 days feels a bit short, to be honest.
Galore's design is so good... 7 days feels a bit short, to be honest.
[LvA 2023] Top 26 Ticket Earners / badge by Irithyll (#157246)_
sZShZzW.png
WKtl2lb.png
jFZJEcu.png
FObX7rS.png
(spoilers for taz: b)
_Contralto / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)Ace / pixel adopt by Hawkeyyee (#146802)
This is a really good idea and it also helps the developers!

I cant wait to see what we'll be getting first! : D
This is a really good idea and it also helps the developers!

I cant wait to see what we'll be getting first! : D
tumblr_p5xhxslGHJ1refkpeo3_r1_500.png
[quote name="@Stormhawke" date="2019-05-07 19:18:24" ] I think we have to keep in perspective that we're only talking about a few times in a year when Galore would be active, and those times are fixed (like April Fools or the anniversary). It's not like he's going to be setting up shop every month or at random times, so people are going to be missing a bunch of items because they didn't log in while Galore was active and had no idea it was coming. [/quote] I hear where you're coming from. But keep in perspective that this appears to be an entire NPC and coded function to handle 2 days out of 365 of them. There are plenty of easier ways to lessen sever strain that design an entire NPC with code that has to hang around and be "active" for a week~ after the date. It would just be easier if they staggered blocks of accounts for gift delivery times. 00:30 #1-2000 / 01:00 #2001-4000 / 01:30 4001-6000 / etc./ etc. Or, as an earlier posted mentioned. Don't deliver gifts right after rollover if the goal is to avoid "the crunch" If 10:30 is a better time for the coder in charge. Then roll them out at 10:30. There are just easier ways of doing this that don't penalize people who don't have an unhealthy addiction to dragon neopets and also avoid server strain and crunch. Galore is great looking, but he's overkill for passing out 2 boxes a year.
@Stormhawke wrote on 2019-05-07 19:18:24:
I think we have to keep in perspective that we're only talking about a few times in a year when Galore would be active, and those times are fixed (like April Fools or the anniversary). It's not like he's going to be setting up shop every month or at random times, so people are going to be missing a bunch of items because they didn't log in while Galore was active and had no idea it was coming.

I hear where you're coming from. But keep in perspective that this appears to be an entire NPC and coded function to handle 2 days out of 365 of them. There are plenty of easier ways to lessen sever strain that design an entire NPC with code that has to hang around and be "active" for a week~ after the date.

It would just be easier if they staggered blocks of accounts for gift delivery times. 00:30 #1-2000 / 01:00 #2001-4000 / 01:30 4001-6000 / etc./ etc.

Or, as an earlier posted mentioned. Don't deliver gifts right after rollover if the goal is to avoid "the crunch" If 10:30 is a better time for the coder in charge. Then roll them out at 10:30.

There are just easier ways of doing this that don't penalize people who don't have an unhealthy addiction to dragon neopets and also avoid server strain and crunch. Galore is great looking, but he's overkill for passing out 2 boxes a year.
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Honestly, I'm with @Amut. I put my two cents in earlier (p.55), but that was specifically ignoring this point of view, which I figured they had a reason for not addressing. As in, maybe we will be getting more 'holiday/event gifts' or some-such, and, honestly, just wanted an excuse for another pretty NPC for the site.

Which is fine if this is the case. But if not, staggering the send out and restricting it to convenient hours for their work crew is a simpler solution. And restricting it to a method of rewarding active players would simply require some sort of system check for activity withing x number of days before generating the list of users receiving the gift. Which shouldn't be taxing or complicated if properly coded.
Honestly, I'm with @Amut. I put my two cents in earlier (p.55), but that was specifically ignoring this point of view, which I figured they had a reason for not addressing. As in, maybe we will be getting more 'holiday/event gifts' or some-such, and, honestly, just wanted an excuse for another pretty NPC for the site.

Which is fine if this is the case. But if not, staggering the send out and restricting it to convenient hours for their work crew is a simpler solution. And restricting it to a method of rewarding active players would simply require some sort of system check for activity withing x number of days before generating the list of users receiving the gift. Which shouldn't be taxing or complicated if properly coded.
If the point is to spread the reward-giving time out a bit, you really can leave for the 1 week for those actively clicking (though I'm [i]sure[/i] it will not be in any way [i]evenly[/i] spread :D ) and then drop it onto everyone who didn't visit automatically? [emoji=tundra confused size=2] Because: 1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc. 2) Not everything takes up less than one week. If one goes volunteering for two months to a place the likes of which Tidelord had gone to, Internet-less, they have nothing to look forward to. It's bad enough that monthly festivals occasionally clash with other things for 6 out of 7 days, at least I've never had to worry about missing April or July... [emoji=guardian sad size=2]
If the point is to spread the reward-giving time out a bit, you really can leave for the 1 week for those actively clicking (though I'm sure it will not be in any way evenly spread :D ) and then drop it onto everyone who didn't visit automatically?

Because:
1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc.
2) Not everything takes up less than one week. If one goes volunteering for two months to a place the likes of which Tidelord had gone to, Internet-less, they have nothing to look forward to. It's bad enough that monthly festivals occasionally clash with other things for 6 out of 7 days, at least I've never had to worry about missing April or July...
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
I know that I'm definitely not the first to say this, but (A) Galore is gorgeous, and (B) I 100% agree that 10 or 14 days might be a better time frame! As someone who frequently has to take breaks due to the PhD student life and whatnot...yeah, 7 days is a tad short. But I do appreciate the timeframe we are being given. However, if suggestions are being noted....a slightly longer period might be better. (:
I know that I'm definitely not the first to say this, but (A) Galore is gorgeous, and (B) I 100% agree that 10 or 14 days might be a better time frame! As someone who frequently has to take breaks due to the PhD student life and whatnot...yeah, 7 days is a tad short. But I do appreciate the timeframe we are being given. However, if suggestions are being noted....a slightly longer period might be better. (:
sBjXpfJ.png
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 86 87