Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 87
[quote name="@Stormhawke" date="2019-05-09 05:46:02" ] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-05-08 20:45:17" ] Because: 1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc. [/quote] It should probably be noted that this is against the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81]TOU[/url]. [/quote] If an account has been abandoned for long enough and the owner can barely remember its name, making a new one hardly counts as "second". They would certainly not be used concurrently and the usual human definition of "more than one" involves actual [i]use[/i] of both old and new... Not sure I'll decipher the usual lawyer definition, 'course. Knowing that an April bonus or two might be waiting, however, might ensure they'll actually bother reviving the old one. Certainly did for me, in another game [emoji=fae laughing size=2][emoji=fae happy size=2]
@Stormhawke wrote on 2019-05-09 05:46:02:
Snowwall wrote on 2019-05-08 20:45:17:
Because:
1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc.

It should probably be noted that this is against the TOU.

If an account has been abandoned for long enough and the owner can barely remember its name, making a new one hardly counts as "second". They would certainly not be used concurrently and the usual human definition of "more than one" involves actual use of both old and new... Not sure I'll decipher the usual lawyer definition, 'course.

Knowing that an April bonus or two might be waiting, however, might ensure they'll actually bother reviving the old one. Certainly did for me, in another game
rJWIOZM.pngs8WoqhB.pngtDeKDnH.pngrats_badge.png[url][/url]a714f2ca8457a983cc2010ae692f56d4-da33ieq.pngb2880355ddf0aa894dcb44a252fda40339df0df0.png
[quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-05-09 08:31:10" ] [quote name="@Stormhawke" date="2019-05-09 05:46:02" ] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-05-08 20:45:17" ] Because: 1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc. [/quote] It should probably be noted that this is against the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81]TOU[/url]. [/quote] I[b]f an account has been abandoned for long enough and the owner can barely remember its name, making a new one hardly counts as "second".[/b] They would certainly not be used concurrently and the usual human definition of "more than one" involves actual [i]use[/i] of both old and new... Not sure I'll decipher the usual lawyer definition, 'course. Knowing that an April bonus or two might be waiting, however, might ensure they'll actually bother reviving the old one. Certainly did for me, in another game [emoji=fae laughing size=2][emoji=fae happy size=2] [/quote] ([b]emphasis[/b] added) [b]Uh, no, making a second account [i]does [/i]count as a second account, because it [i]is [/i]one.[/b] FR has always had a strict one-person-one-account policy. IDK why you would think that the rule against multi-accounting has exceptions that are not laid out in the TOS. If what you claim were true, it would say so in the rules.
Snowwall wrote on 2019-05-09 08:31:10:
@Stormhawke wrote on 2019-05-09 05:46:02:
Because:
1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc.

If an account has been abandoned for long enough and the owner can barely remember its name, making a new one hardly counts as "second". They would certainly not be used concurrently and the usual human definition of "more than one" involves actual use of both old and new... Not sure I'll decipher the usual lawyer definition, 'course.

Knowing that an April bonus or two might be waiting, however, might ensure they'll actually bother reviving the old one. Certainly did for me, in another game
(emphasis added)

Uh, no, making a second account does count as a second account, because it is one. FR has always had a strict one-person-one-account policy. IDK why you would think that the rule against multi-accounting has exceptions that are not laid out in the TOS. If what you claim were true, it would say so in the rules.
...Q2qxxGt.png
[quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-05-09 08:31:10" ] [quote name="Stormhawke" date="2019-05-09 05:46:02" ] [quote name="Snowwall" date="2019-05-08 20:45:17" ] Because: 1) What's the point of returning after a few years, trying to remember the password, etc, if you could just as easily make a new account? Automatic drops guaranteed that returning returning users have something nice (Marva's hat, Anniversary cake) that they wouldn't if they just made a new acc. [/quote] It should probably be noted that this is against the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=81]TOU[/url]. [/quote] If an account has been abandoned for long enough and the owner can barely remember its name, making a new one hardly counts as "second". They would certainly not be used concurrently and the usual human definition of "more than one" involves actual [i]use[/i] of both old and new... Not sure I'll decipher the usual lawyer definition, 'course. [/quote] Don't try this at home, kids. I have a friend who got banned in a similar situation. This is pretty clear: [img]https://screenshotscdn.firefoxusercontent.com/images/1c21ec26-0e14-4ef4-9518-1d53993f52ac.png[/img] There is username and password recovery along with additional ways to contact support.
Snowwall wrote on 2019-05-09 08:31:10:
Stormhawke wrote on 2019-05-09 05:46:02:
Because:

Don't try this at home, kids. I have a friend who got banned in a similar situation.

This is pretty clear:
1c21ec26-0e14-4ef4-9518-1d53993f52ac.png

There is username and password recovery along with additional ways to contact support.
lGriifT.png
I would really appreciate a longer (14 days) period for Galore. We are starting to travel a lot internationally, and have been in areas with little or no internet access. I’m active whenever I have internet access but extended hiking treks often run up to 8 or 9 days. Please extend Galore’s pick up window. Thanks!
I would really appreciate a longer (14 days) period for Galore. We are starting to travel a lot internationally, and have been in areas with little or no internet access. I’m active whenever I have internet access but extended hiking treks often run up to 8 or 9 days. Please extend Galore’s pick up window. Thanks!
I would also appreciate a longer period for Galore.
7 days may seem reasonable for people who have work or school 5 days a week and then a weekend, but some of us have unusual schedules or travel requirements.

My job sometimes takes me into the back-country where there isn't any cell coverage, much less an internet connection. I've missed other week-long events (elemental festivals, dom pushes) because of this, and I accept that that's an unfortunate reality of my situation. But limiting Galore to 7 days makes it feel like less of a reward for being active and more of a punishment for not being active enough.
Flight Rising already has that feature (energy bar, aforementioned events).

If Galore is taking the place of items automatically deposited in everybody's inventory, then there should be a longer availability for the user base to claim those items. There's been a few different time periods or systems suggested in this thread and I think no less than 14 days is a good starting point.
I would also appreciate a longer period for Galore.
7 days may seem reasonable for people who have work or school 5 days a week and then a weekend, but some of us have unusual schedules or travel requirements.

My job sometimes takes me into the back-country where there isn't any cell coverage, much less an internet connection. I've missed other week-long events (elemental festivals, dom pushes) because of this, and I accept that that's an unfortunate reality of my situation. But limiting Galore to 7 days makes it feel like less of a reward for being active and more of a punishment for not being active enough.
Flight Rising already has that feature (energy bar, aforementioned events).

If Galore is taking the place of items automatically deposited in everybody's inventory, then there should be a longer availability for the user base to claim those items. There's been a few different time periods or systems suggested in this thread and I think no less than 14 days is a good starting point.
banner_emberwrath_90px.png
I'm lowkey in love with Galore's design. :>
I'm lowkey in love with Galore's design. :>
18433edit.png
Hello,
I'm Bones!

I don't do much.
Love the new NPC's look and his purpose.

I would also like to see a bit longer of the window. It is the length of time that flight festivals run, but feels less opportunistic I guess because we get forewarnings of the holiday in the form of the skin/accent contest, multi-week or early running user-run events, and most of the month is hyped around the celebrating flight guessing what shiny new things will be released. It just seems like there are more opportunities to be aware of and ready for a limited release/event for a flight holiday vs. A Galore drop?

I'm mostly a daily check in for gathering and AH browsing, but as one who does not use social media, I would not see broadcasts beyond this site.
Love the new NPC's look and his purpose.

I would also like to see a bit longer of the window. It is the length of time that flight festivals run, but feels less opportunistic I guess because we get forewarnings of the holiday in the form of the skin/accent contest, multi-week or early running user-run events, and most of the month is hyped around the celebrating flight guessing what shiny new things will be released. It just seems like there are more opportunities to be aware of and ready for a limited release/event for a flight holiday vs. A Galore drop?

I'm mostly a daily check in for gathering and AH browsing, but as one who does not use social media, I would not see broadcasts beyond this site.
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
I don't mind the (1) week chance to get it myself, and I feel Galore would be an amazing addition to the Trading Posts. Although, if theres one thing to address most people usually take more time off than just a week, and extra 3 days or a little more would be a fair enough for most other players with not a lot of time on their hands Other than that, I love Galore's Design and purpose. I hope to see him in Flight Rising soon! [emoji=mirror happy size=2][emoji=fae happy size=2]
I don't mind the (1) week chance to get it myself, and I feel Galore would be an amazing addition to the Trading Posts. Although, if theres one thing to address most people usually take more time off than just a week, and extra 3 days or a little more would be a fair enough for most other players with not a lot of time on their hands

Other than that, I love Galore's Design and purpose. I hope to see him in Flight Rising soon!
gothorita.gif
not to be dramatic or anything but i'd die for galore
not to be dramatic or anything but i'd die for galore
cat-spinning.gif
Oh Okay
Oh Okay
1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 86 87