Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 ... 520 521 522 523 524 ... 1132 1133
@Succulents @Psi I'd recommend resubmitting.
@Succulents @Psi I'd recommend resubmitting.
@SuburbanSamurai I'm planning on submitting accents in the future but was wondering if I could get a quick look over for lineart/shadows before I submit entries for future festivals? I feel like they're within guidelines but I don't want my entry to be disqualified for selection on that basis. I can delete this too if this is not the place to ask. Just wasn't sure where I could ask about that. Thanks!
@SuburbanSamurai I'm planning on submitting accents in the future but was wondering if I could get a quick look over for lineart/shadows before I submit entries for future festivals? I feel like they're within guidelines but I don't want my entry to be disqualified for selection on that basis. I can delete this too if this is not the place to ask. Just wasn't sure where I could ask about that. Thanks!
'blue smedium banner
@MarinaQuakenbush This is always the right place to ask about custom skins! We don't disqualify festival contest entries based on the darkness of their lines and shadows, although we may adjust the lines, shadows, and overall brightness or darkness of a design if it is chosen as a winner.

You can always ask for advice in the forum, although we do not do pre-approvals for new skins before they are submitted to the skin queue.
@MarinaQuakenbush This is always the right place to ask about custom skins! We don't disqualify festival contest entries based on the darkness of their lines and shadows, although we may adjust the lines, shadows, and overall brightness or darkness of a design if it is chosen as a winner.

You can always ask for advice in the forum, although we do not do pre-approvals for new skins before they are submitted to the skin queue.
@SuburbanSamurai is there a chance that I can get this one updated to this image? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/300697174642130944/568097556597309448/galactic_shade_350_2_1.png[/img] [skin=29808] Edit - I almost forgot to mention, this purple one has two other variants that contain a previous skin of @Exhalted [originally Mustahsin], I'm just letting you guys know that I have his permission to have used the skin in the current versions: [skin=24545] [skin=29807][skin=29808][skin=29809]
@SuburbanSamurai is there a chance that I can get this one updated to this image?

galactic_shade_350_2_1.png

Edit - I almost forgot to mention, this purple one has two other variants that contain a previous skin of @Exhalted [originally Mustahsin], I'm just letting you guys know that I have his permission to have used the skin in the current versions:

@SuburbanSamurai Great, thanks! I will think about that in the future for if I need advice on whether my skin appears to be in the guidelines. I solved my own issue though haha since I realized the reason why the shadows didn't seem dark was because I literally forgot I hadn't clipped them. Ahh so excited to share for GG! :)
@SuburbanSamurai Great, thanks! I will think about that in the future for if I need advice on whether my skin appears to be in the guidelines. I solved my own issue though haha since I realized the reason why the shadows didn't seem dark was because I literally forgot I hadn't clipped them. Ahh so excited to share for GG! :)
'blue smedium banner
Just got a set of accents rejected, (55254-55257) and would like some clarification. Aside from somehow submitting two of them at 300px instead of 350 (boy is my face red), I'm looking for some guidance and clarification to get this series finally published. I'm also wondering if maybe I'm just the victim of some optical illusions here. 55255 (Baroness Hedyloidea) was rejected because the lineart wasn't dark enough. Neither the lineart's colour nor opacity has been modified by me, so I'm puzzled. They generally do get a bit lighter during the resizing process, but that's not something unique to this series. This leads me to believe that it's the colour it's on top of that's the issue? The colour I'm using for the darkest areas (the outline of the butterflies and wings) has already been lighted once. [skin=25105] from the same series uses almost jet black with white spotting, but I assumed it wasn't an issue due to the fact that very little of it was obscuring lineart, so I initially used the same colour. Perhaps the white dots helped. Regardless, when it was initially denied, I lightened it significantly to hex #2CO404. When it's used in such a small area it looks very dark(especially when it's only on one side of the lineart and mostly under the shadow layer), but filling a large area with it shows that it's quite easy to see the differences in colour. [img]https://i.imgur.com/K5Cbi5W.png[/img] So your call - do I still need to lighten further? Are their any particular areas on the series that are more egregious than others? The second accent that I'm puzzled about is 55254 (Baron Hedyloidea), as it says the shadow layer needs to be intact. I think between the heavy patterning and the PCM's many shadows it is a bit hard to see. I have provided a GIF of my submission piece (properly resized now - durrrrr) and a copy of the same with shadow layer removed. [img]https://i.imgur.com/J6xerEQ.gif[/img] I hope this clears some stuff up, and I eagerly await your response on how to get these accents publish ready. Thank you again for your time and dedication to the site, particularly us bonehaeds who can't tell the difference between a 5 and a 0
Just got a set of accents rejected, (55254-55257) and would like some clarification. Aside from somehow submitting two of them at 300px instead of 350 (boy is my face red), I'm looking for some guidance and clarification to get this series finally published. I'm also wondering if maybe I'm just the victim of some optical illusions here.

55255 (Baroness Hedyloidea) was rejected because the lineart wasn't dark enough. Neither the lineart's colour nor opacity has been modified by me, so I'm puzzled. They generally do get a bit lighter during the resizing process, but that's not something unique to this series. This leads me to believe that it's the colour it's on top of that's the issue?

The colour I'm using for the darkest areas (the outline of the butterflies and wings) has already been lighted once. from the same series uses almost jet black with white spotting, but I assumed it wasn't an issue due to the fact that very little of it was obscuring lineart, so I initially used the same colour. Perhaps the white dots helped. Regardless, when it was initially denied, I lightened it significantly to hex #2CO404. When it's used in such a small area it looks very dark(especially when it's only on one side of the lineart and mostly under the shadow layer), but filling a large area with it shows that it's quite easy to see the differences in colour.

K5Cbi5W.png

So your call - do I still need to lighten further? Are their any particular areas on the series that are more egregious than others?

The second accent that I'm puzzled about is 55254 (Baron Hedyloidea), as it says the shadow layer needs to be intact. I think between the heavy patterning and the PCM's many shadows it is a bit hard to see. I have provided a GIF of my submission piece (properly resized now - durrrrr) and a copy of the same with shadow layer removed.

J6xerEQ.gif

I hope this clears some stuff up, and I eagerly await your response on how to get these accents publish ready. Thank you again for your time and dedication to the site, particularly us bonehaeds who can't tell the difference between a 5 and a 0
@SuburbanSamurai

not 100% sure if this is where we go with this, but i'd like to have my name updated in the credits of these skins, please! kurohahaha -> vomltbreath (with a lowercase 'L')

@SuburbanSamurai

not 100% sure if this is where we go with this, but i'd like to have my name updated in the credits of these skins, please! kurohahaha -> vomltbreath (with a lowercase 'L')

nzqnkq.png
[size=2]@suburbansamurai hi! I would love to receive some help with this skin I made for the Wavecrest Saturnalia contest which didn't win. I would still like to eventually print it. it's my first skin I've made, so I totally expect some flaws in it. if so, what should be changed? [img]https://i.imgur.com/GRJjyFE.png[/img] 350 x 350 [img]https://i.imgur.com/wfxjpkU.png[/img] 750 x 750 thank you!! :>
@suburbansamurai

hi! I would love to receive some help with this skin I made for the Wavecrest Saturnalia contest which didn't win. I would still like to eventually print it.

it's my first skin I've made, so I totally expect some flaws in it. if so, what should be changed?

GRJjyFE.png
350 x 350

wfxjpkU.png
750 x 750

thank you!! :>
banner by fellefan
@Ravenhearst This updated image makes a dark design even darker, obscuring the original lines and shadows under the wing and along the dragon's back. Can you make the darkest areas slightly brighter so the lines and shadows are still clearly visible?

Also, there's no issue using @Exhalted 's Celestial Abyss design, although I did message them because I do need a confirmation of permission from the user whose art is being used in another user's design.

@SilverLately I would recommend just resubmitted the design at the correct 350x350px size, no other edits necessary.

@vomltbreath The username is updated.

@dwarjam When we judge skins, we're mainly checking if we can clearly and easily see the original lines and shadows. Heavy contrasting dark and light colors and patterns, heavy details, and just generally very dark colors, can obscure them.

My best advice is to ask yourself if it's easy to see the original lineart and if you can easily see the contours of the original shadow layer on your design. If you think there's no issue, submit it. If we decide there's a problem, the submission will be rejected with a message explaining why. When a design is rejected, the Blueprint goes back into your hoard for when you're ready to resubmit.

If you decide you'd rather not resubmit, you can PM me the Blueprint for a gem refund (assuming you purchased that Blueprint from the Custom Skins page. If you received it from a player trade, I cannot provide a refund).

There is NO PENALTY for having a submission order get rejected, and if the rejection message is unclear to you, you can ask for clarification here in the forum.
@Ravenhearst This updated image makes a dark design even darker, obscuring the original lines and shadows under the wing and along the dragon's back. Can you make the darkest areas slightly brighter so the lines and shadows are still clearly visible?

Also, there's no issue using @Exhalted 's Celestial Abyss design, although I did message them because I do need a confirmation of permission from the user whose art is being used in another user's design.

@SilverLately I would recommend just resubmitted the design at the correct 350x350px size, no other edits necessary.

@vomltbreath The username is updated.

@dwarjam When we judge skins, we're mainly checking if we can clearly and easily see the original lines and shadows. Heavy contrasting dark and light colors and patterns, heavy details, and just generally very dark colors, can obscure them.

My best advice is to ask yourself if it's easy to see the original lineart and if you can easily see the contours of the original shadow layer on your design. If you think there's no issue, submit it. If we decide there's a problem, the submission will be rejected with a message explaining why. When a design is rejected, the Blueprint goes back into your hoard for when you're ready to resubmit.

If you decide you'd rather not resubmit, you can PM me the Blueprint for a gem refund (assuming you purchased that Blueprint from the Custom Skins page. If you received it from a player trade, I cannot provide a refund).

There is NO PENALTY for having a submission order get rejected, and if the rejection message is unclear to you, you can ask for clarification here in the forum.
@SuburbanSamurai Thank you so very much for your time <3. Sorry for the overly verbose post.
@SuburbanSamurai Thank you so very much for your time <3. Sorry for the overly verbose post.
1 2 ... 520 521 522 523 524 ... 1132 1133