Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 158 159
I'm excited for the ancient dragons mainly! Also curious about what happened to the tidelord.
I'm excited for the ancient dragons mainly! Also curious about what happened to the tidelord.
9CrKgSL.png Silt Wolf She/Her
Lore Clan
Wishlist
Toyhouse
Swamp Wolf 84WUQBr.png
I'm curious about how ancient breeds will work in the coli, if some may not actually have elemental alliances. Would there be a possibility of neutral element dragons? Or is that just meant as a lore-wise aspect of not being related to a god/territory but still getting one of the eleven types like usual?
I'm curious about how ancient breeds will work in the coli, if some may not actually have elemental alliances. Would there be a possibility of neutral element dragons? Or is that just meant as a lore-wise aspect of not being related to a god/territory but still getting one of the eleven types like usual?
wa2fsL5.pngksA5i3W.gifGWeNSoe.gifK5Ygz6H.gif
AAA TIDELORD NOO
AAA TIDELORD NOO
I'm... not really sure what to think about the Ancient Breeds. I think I'll only form a solid opinion once I see this new feature implemented. As it is now as a concept, it sounds fine... except this is the FR staff we are talking about, and I've long learned expect them to screw up most things they touch.

My biggest fear at the moment is the possibility of the staff growing too comfortable with these Ancient Breeds and completely shoving the Modern Breeds to the side as a priority. Even with these not being concurring development teams, that's still a big possibility and a huge problem if so, because once these breeds are released they will become all the hype in the community and the demand for it can very well overwhelm the Modern Breed's.

I think the worst scenario in my head would be the following:

With these dragons not depending on item artwork nor regular gene updates, they could go through a similar trend to the gene releases: the first few dragons will look great, and then as time goes on they grow more and more rushed, sloppy and unfinished to keep up with the demand and hype. Having multiple dragons of a completely different category also could be very confusing and overwhelming if we get too many breeds.

Meanwhile the admins will put less pressure on the modern breed development team due to the bigger demand being on the ancients. This could either have a positive result, with the artists taking more time to work on genes and apparel and putting out content with higher quality... or the quality could drop dramatically, since everyone so focused on the ancients they will easily overlook art flaws as unimportant. After all, the Modern Breeds aren't a priority anymore.

Oh another possibility I absolutely dread and I'm almost SURE it's going to happen, is having the staff use these Ancient Breeds as their cover-up-card whenever they screw up an update, just like they do for new genes. It will be easier than ever to do this since a new dragon release will be a much bigger deal than new genes. If you don't get what I'm talking about, an easy example is that every year since the first Night of the Nocturne, the FR staff has had the tradition of rushing new genes out to distract the userbase from all the event criticism(because they manage to screw up that event every single time) and silence unhappy players... now imagine this with dragons!

"What's that? The latest gene release/event was awful and everyone is raining criticism over it? HERE'S A SHINY NEW DRAGON!"
I'm... not really sure what to think about the Ancient Breeds. I think I'll only form a solid opinion once I see this new feature implemented. As it is now as a concept, it sounds fine... except this is the FR staff we are talking about, and I've long learned expect them to screw up most things they touch.

My biggest fear at the moment is the possibility of the staff growing too comfortable with these Ancient Breeds and completely shoving the Modern Breeds to the side as a priority. Even with these not being concurring development teams, that's still a big possibility and a huge problem if so, because once these breeds are released they will become all the hype in the community and the demand for it can very well overwhelm the Modern Breed's.

I think the worst scenario in my head would be the following:

With these dragons not depending on item artwork nor regular gene updates, they could go through a similar trend to the gene releases: the first few dragons will look great, and then as time goes on they grow more and more rushed, sloppy and unfinished to keep up with the demand and hype. Having multiple dragons of a completely different category also could be very confusing and overwhelming if we get too many breeds.

Meanwhile the admins will put less pressure on the modern breed development team due to the bigger demand being on the ancients. This could either have a positive result, with the artists taking more time to work on genes and apparel and putting out content with higher quality... or the quality could drop dramatically, since everyone so focused on the ancients they will easily overlook art flaws as unimportant. After all, the Modern Breeds aren't a priority anymore.

Oh another possibility I absolutely dread and I'm almost SURE it's going to happen, is having the staff use these Ancient Breeds as their cover-up-card whenever they screw up an update, just like they do for new genes. It will be easier than ever to do this since a new dragon release will be a much bigger deal than new genes. If you don't get what I'm talking about, an easy example is that every year since the first Night of the Nocturne, the FR staff has had the tradition of rushing new genes out to distract the userbase from all the event criticism(because they manage to screw up that event every single time) and silence unhappy players... now imagine this with dragons!

"What's that? The latest gene release/event was awful and everyone is raining criticism over it? HERE'S A SHINY NEW DRAGON!"
ssjS89N.png
Incredibly excited for this new content. The company and game is excellent. Y'all really care about your employees, and your community which is refereshing. I love being apart of the FR fam for this reason.

Can't wait to see these ancient breeds. I can't always afford to dress my dragons up so this will be a fun way to express my lair without having to feel like I need to make it look fancy with decor.

xx
Incredibly excited for this new content. The company and game is excellent. Y'all really care about your employees, and your community which is refereshing. I love being apart of the FR fam for this reason.

Can't wait to see these ancient breeds. I can't always afford to dress my dragons up so this will be a fun way to express my lair without having to feel like I need to make it look fancy with decor.

xx
17248.png .....................
cringe
ZMt7ASU.gif
Mesq6uj.png

J7D1quC.png

ZTPHjAD.png
o4KdtaP.png
Dayuuum [emoji=familiar heart] I'm actually hype for any potential modern breeds even if it's still far off. The ancient dragons would be a real cool thing to look forward too! More dragon variety, even if we can't apply apparel, is still awesome! I hope the team continues to flourish and develop their full potential, and keep Flight Rising soaring higher! You're already doing a fantastic job!!! [emoji=rainbow star 2]
Dayuuum
I'm actually hype for any potential modern breeds even if it's still far off. The ancient dragons would be a real cool thing to look forward too! More dragon variety, even if we can't apply apparel, is still awesome!

I hope the team continues to flourish and develop their full potential, and keep Flight Rising soaring higher! You're already doing a fantastic job!!!
Flight_Rising_Signature.png
wow this was one hell of an amazing update! honestly, i am looking forward to the implementation of ancient breeds and despite the fact there will be limitations for these breeds, i think the decision in going this route was most fortuitous since it will allow for a continuous flow of new breeds that will exceed the basics and limits of modern dragon's templates. i think you guys as a team have really gone the distance with this one.

i am excited to see where it goes and what you guys manage to come up with. i see lots of great things happening because of this system and i look forward to it.

and a question for you guys, not sure if anyone has asked yet, but will ancient dragons be available through abandoned eggs as well or have their own egg system? i am sure those of us in the g1 community would like to know and will probably love to see this as having a new dragon breed system available as g1s would be nice to see.
wow this was one hell of an amazing update! honestly, i am looking forward to the implementation of ancient breeds and despite the fact there will be limitations for these breeds, i think the decision in going this route was most fortuitous since it will allow for a continuous flow of new breeds that will exceed the basics and limits of modern dragon's templates. i think you guys as a team have really gone the distance with this one.

i am excited to see where it goes and what you guys manage to come up with. i see lots of great things happening because of this system and i look forward to it.

and a question for you guys, not sure if anyone has asked yet, but will ancient dragons be available through abandoned eggs as well or have their own egg system? i am sure those of us in the g1 community would like to know and will probably love to see this as having a new dragon breed system available as g1s would be nice to see.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
I said this on my blog and I'm going to say it here too:
Quote:
This development is worthy of complaining about because, imo, this is just going to add to complications. Their answer to the backlog is to start from scratch, with breeds that are incompatible with current ones, that have their own genes that can’t be used on the current ones; eventually they’ll run into this very same problem except now have quadruple the workload when it comes to integrating both of them (and you know they’re going to.)

This decision is just... bad all around. They should focus on fixing the game first instead of applying new window dressing that’ll just end up being as big of a problem as the current one is now. Seriously, this feels like they’re splitting the fanbase with a sequel game they’re too scared to make its own thing. This is bad.
I said this on my blog and I'm going to say it here too:
Quote:
This development is worthy of complaining about because, imo, this is just going to add to complications. Their answer to the backlog is to start from scratch, with breeds that are incompatible with current ones, that have their own genes that can’t be used on the current ones; eventually they’ll run into this very same problem except now have quadruple the workload when it comes to integrating both of them (and you know they’re going to.)

This decision is just... bad all around. They should focus on fixing the game first instead of applying new window dressing that’ll just end up being as big of a problem as the current one is now. Seriously, this feels like they’re splitting the fanbase with a sequel game they’re too scared to make its own thing. This is bad.
mlNVeHM.jpg
This'll be really cool.
squeee
This'll be really cool.
squeee

nfZCrZ4.png
I dont mind being pinged!
I'm very excited! I love the idea of Ancient dragons and all the potential they'll have. Kudos to the staff team for their outside the box thinking and finding a fun, interesting solution to what I personally consider a really big hurdle. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
I'm very excited! I love the idea of Ancient dragons and all the potential they'll have. Kudos to the staff team for their outside the box thinking and finding a fun, interesting solution to what I personally consider a really big hurdle. I can't wait to see what you come up with!
eb27d7e15e25a08ba712c8c846ff3ec0c5a0daa0.gif79b1338b9cd35321729f70a921cc05ea1bb10776.gif292a6929fb1ddc29f950cdd8472670ed762b3fdc.gife5b881744defe27c5e962b5f9b3c649ac0a43e38.gifbb0ed79137a474b9c279887416cf4962cc889cf4.giff58b001cce81187936c5fbc37e129fa8f4644e9a.gif
1 2 ... 142 143 144 145 146 ... 158 159