Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 158 159
I must say I'm new and already really intrigued by the lore of Flightrising. Wish I found this website a lot sooner but I'm happy my sibling finally got me into it.
I must say I'm new and already really intrigued by the lore of Flightrising. Wish I found this website a lot sooner but I'm happy my sibling finally got me into it.
JpR0fLu.png
[quote name="Flamingscales" date="2019-04-15 19:39:57" ] I’m okay with everything but the Tidelord being missing. I may not be in the water flight but my friend is and they have been waiting all year for Wavecrest Saturnalia. They have never participated in the event, and they really want to, and now they fear that it may not happen. Wherever the tidelord is, please come out of hiding and if he has fallen please let us not cancel the water flights festival (I doubt the tidelord would want us to cancel it)!!!![emoji=water rune] So excited for the new breed though! :D [/quote] @Flamingscales It's okay, they won't cancel the water festival even if he doesn't come back before the it starts. Tidelord was missing for last year's festival too and it still happened like normal. The story that was posted today (the link is in the words "has the Tidelord fallen?") was the second part to one released last year in March!
Flamingscales wrote on 2019-04-15 19:39:57:
I’m okay with everything but the Tidelord being missing. I may not be in the water flight but my friend is and they have been waiting all year for Wavecrest Saturnalia. They have never participated in the event, and they really want to, and now they fear that it may not happen. Wherever the tidelord is, please come out of hiding and if he has fallen please let us not cancel the water flights festival (I doubt the tidelord would want us to cancel it)!!!! So excited for the new breed though! :D
@Flamingscales It's okay, they won't cancel the water festival even if he doesn't come back before the it starts. Tidelord was missing for last year's festival too and it still happened like normal. The story that was posted today (the link is in the words "has the Tidelord fallen?") was the second part to one released last year in March!
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
[quote name="Lunarsnow" date="2019-04-15 19:52:47" ] [quote name="Flamingscales" date="2019-04-15 19:39:57" ] I’m okay with everything but the Tidelord being missing. I may not be in the water flight but my friend is and they have been waiting all year for Wavecrest Saturnalia. They have never participated in the event, and they really want to, and now they fear that it may not happen. Wherever the tidelord is, please come out of hiding and if he has fallen please let us not cancel the water flights festival (I doubt the tidelord would want us to cancel it)!!!![emoji=water rune] So excited for the new breed though! :D [/quote] @Flamingscales It's okay, they won't cancel the water festival even if he doesn't come back before the it starts. Tidelord was missing for last year's festival too and it still happened like normal. The story that was posted today (the link is in the words "has the Tidelord fallen?") was the second part to one released last year in March! [/quote] @Phiastar read this it’s great news! Thank you @Lunarsnow
Lunarsnow wrote on 2019-04-15 19:52:47:
Flamingscales wrote on 2019-04-15 19:39:57:
I’m okay with everything but the Tidelord being missing. I may not be in the water flight but my friend is and they have been waiting all year for Wavecrest Saturnalia. They have never participated in the event, and they really want to, and now they fear that it may not happen. Wherever the tidelord is, please come out of hiding and if he has fallen please let us not cancel the water flights festival (I doubt the tidelord would want us to cancel it)!!!! So excited for the new breed though! :D
@Flamingscales It's okay, they won't cancel the water festival even if he doesn't come back before the it starts. Tidelord was missing for last year's festival too and it still happened like normal. The story that was posted today (the link is in the words "has the Tidelord fallen?") was the second part to one released last year in March!

@Phiastar read this it’s great news! Thank you @Lunarsnow
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
YO!! I'm hype for everything's that's coming!! [emoji=blue star][emoji=gold star][emoji=pink star][emoji=rainbow star 2][emoji=red star] Thank you all so much for your hard work! Can't wait for these ancient boiiiiiss~~ I'm also very appreciative that you guys as a company care about the burnout feeling and are conscious about preventing the crunch from happening. It makes me incredibly happy that the site is being looked after by happy people. :) (or as happy as they can be without the crunch lol) gg guys
YO!! I'm hype for everything's that's coming!! Thank you all so much for your hard work! Can't wait for these ancient boiiiiiss~~

I'm also very appreciative that you guys as a company care about the burnout feeling and are conscious about preventing the crunch from happening. It makes me incredibly happy that the site is being looked after by happy people. :) (or as happy as they can be without the crunch lol) gg guys
ew9u8Xp.png
New update!!
New update!!
mlHpBMC.png
dT9HQge.png
WQA384m.png
BzjAkuF.png
oouioVf.png
NQvcoP6.png
I'm just really happy you guys have this work ethic. I couldn't care less how long it takes to bring new breeds if it means everyone can not worry about work all the time
I'm just really happy you guys have this work ethic. I couldn't care less how long it takes to bring new breeds if it means everyone can not worry about work all the time
Oh my gooooood I'm SO excited for the ancient breeds!!! They sound like they're going to be amazing; sacrificing apparel for them is no biggie for me, since we have the modern breeds to dress up anyways! I'm excited to see what body differentiations we're going to be able to see in them! [emoji=spiral love] [emoji=spiral love] [emoji=spiral love]
Oh my gooooood I'm SO excited for the ancient breeds!!! They sound like they're going to be amazing; sacrificing apparel for them is no biggie for me, since we have the modern breeds to dress up anyways! I'm excited to see what body differentiations we're going to be able to see in them!
42e2xlP.png98Q1EsS.gifp8yCE1l.png
[quote name="damaia" date="2019-04-15 19:49:08" ] So... back of the envelope math... Working days in a year (roughly): 260 Minus two weeks of vacation/sick time/what have you: 250 Per FR's numbers, one new breed takes: 5,200 pieces of art Years since last new breed: 3 (as of September 2019, doubt we'll see one before that) 5,200 / (250*3) = 6.93 pieces of apparel art a day, divided by the number of artists who draw apparel for FR [/quote] If it’s only about 6 or 7 pieces a day that makes me question a little bit but then again considering they probably have multiple “Modern” dragon designs being worked on at one time I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 21 or more pieces being done a day.
damaia wrote on 2019-04-15 19:49:08:
So... back of the envelope math...

Working days in a year (roughly): 260
Minus two weeks of vacation/sick time/what have you: 250
Per FR's numbers, one new breed takes: 5,200 pieces of art
Years since last new breed: 3 (as of September 2019, doubt we'll see one before that)

5,200 / (250*3) = 6.93 pieces of apparel art a day, divided by the number of artists who draw apparel for FR

If it’s only about 6 or 7 pieces a day that makes me question a little bit but then again considering they probably have multiple “Modern” dragon designs being worked on at one time I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 21 or more pieces being done a day.
4xTBSTZ.png
I think I may actually like the no apparel for ancient breeds. I find that half the time I get a dragon that I love how it looks I end up putting apparel on that covers up some of that cool design. [s]I know I don't have to I just feel bad that they'd be the only one without apparel in the lair[/s] So having breeds that can't wear apparel, have more complex genes, and breaks the “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” rule sounds super exciting to me and I can't wait to see what kind of species await us. [emoji=mirror tongue]
I think I may actually like the no apparel for ancient breeds. I find that half the time I get a dragon that I love how it looks I end up putting apparel on that covers up some of that cool design. I know I don't have to I just feel bad that they'd be the only one without apparel in the lair So having breeds that can't wear apparel, have more complex genes, and breaks the “One head, four legs, two wings, one tail” rule sounds super exciting to me and I can't wait to see what kind of species await us.
tumblr_nyp53fylti1rblo47o1_500.png
+0 FR time

mjamlegends_by_thestorykeeper-d9v7lh2.pngdom-mini.png

xfeFcu.png

E1a1YiR.png
mzwxeKN.png
3UQGyNs.png

tumblr_neeclj9oGa1u24n19o1_400.png

rH6hzWL.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2019-04-15 20:18:47" ] [quote name="damaia" date="2019-04-15 19:49:08" ] So... back of the envelope math... Working days in a year (roughly): 260 Minus two weeks of vacation/sick time/what have you: 250 Per FR's numbers, one new breed takes: 5,200 pieces of art Years since last new breed: 3 (as of September 2019, doubt we'll see one before that) 5,200 / (250*3) = 6.93 pieces of apparel art a day, divided by the number of artists who draw apparel for FR [/quote] If it’s only about 6 or 7 pieces a day that makes me question a little bit but then again considering they probably have multiple “Modern” dragon designs being worked on at one time I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 21 or more pieces being done a day. [/quote] I agree. This only factors in one new dragon breed, I believe. There's many more (I'm assuming) being worked on simultaneously on any given day.
Mystiek wrote on 2019-04-15 20:18:47:
damaia wrote on 2019-04-15 19:49:08:
So... back of the envelope math...

Working days in a year (roughly): 260
Minus two weeks of vacation/sick time/what have you: 250
Per FR's numbers, one new breed takes: 5,200 pieces of art
Years since last new breed: 3 (as of September 2019, doubt we'll see one before that)

5,200 / (250*3) = 6.93 pieces of apparel art a day, divided by the number of artists who draw apparel for FR

If it’s only about 6 or 7 pieces a day that makes me question a little bit but then again considering they probably have multiple “Modern” dragon designs being worked on at one time I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more like 21 or more pieces being done a day.
I agree. This only factors in one new dragon breed, I believe. There's many more (I'm assuming) being worked on simultaneously on any given day.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x