Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 158 159
i am the physical manifestation of hype rn !!!!!
i am the physical manifestation of hype rn !!!!!
i kneel & wait in silence
kiss the ground & slip away
I know you said no apparel on ancient breeds but.. would it be possible for the team to put non body apparel on them ? Like the Flower Falls or the Will o' the Ember pieces? Since these just float freely over the dragon?
I know you said no apparel on ancient breeds but.. would it be possible for the team to put non body apparel on them ? Like the Flower Falls or the Will o' the Ember pieces? Since these just float freely over the dragon?
Elsie | She / they|
I have a wishlist / trading thread! x
7J1Hgbi.pngYya65zH.pngy6Tz96p.png
Aaah! I am so excited for this update that I can't wait for it! Just like how I can't wait for the release of the new animal crossing!!
I feel as if the new dragons wont be given for free for existing players.. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks or a month or so just to afford one~
But since it is on this lovely site's anniversary my hopes are high to add a new beautiful dragon to my lair as soon as the 8th of June smacks me in the face!!
Aaah! I am so excited for this update that I can't wait for it! Just like how I can't wait for the release of the new animal crossing!!
I feel as if the new dragons wont be given for free for existing players.. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks or a month or so just to afford one~
But since it is on this lovely site's anniversary my hopes are high to add a new beautiful dragon to my lair as soon as the 8th of June smacks me in the face!!
J7D1quC.png
HkZAJYc.png
QUIpVFE.png
YMPbu9R.png
60968331_wLIdYUcj3kOhS0o.png
TIDEDAAAAAAADDD COME HOMEEEEE [emoji=ridgeback scared]
TIDEDAAAAAAADDD COME HOMEEEEE
maren3small2_by_yukiru-dckdj5v.png
Exciting !
Exciting !
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

From the sounds of it, basically(weird/new) style dragons in exchange for being created a lot faster with no delaying of current stuff.
I really hope no one complains about this since its basically more dragon types and doesn't even delay stuff. If its not your cup of tea, then you dont have to use them and if it is, its great for you. But overall new content is new contend and as long as its not problematical, even if its not your cup of tea then it could be someone else and people aren't going to love ever new thing.

LOVE the idea of dropping apparel of the ancient breeds (and I say this as someone who love dressing dragons with apparel).
It means that will help reduce a lot of the artload of adjusting old apparel so new breeds can be faster. Overall it mean new breeds can happen a lot faster and it allows them to have extra limbs/heads that apparel restricted dragon breeds to and gives ancient a way to feel like a special subsection of dragon type.

Though the ancient own genes is a bit weird. Not bad, just weird.
On one hand, eventually they will get the same problem as modern dragon when enough genes are made and have an artload to be done before sending out the breeds. So it makes them faster to create now but eventually they will get that problem also.
So low key feels like its avoiding a problem it will get later on no matter what and low key sucks you can't breed ancient with modern dragons if your color hunting.
But on the other hand, it does help differ ancient dragons from modern dragon more and make it feel like something different and not just apparel-less, several limb/head dragons. And also you will be able to dragon dragons from ancient to modern or other way around anyway so its not like you can't change you dragon if your after the colors anyway.
So like overall its not doing anything major by giving them their own genes, given they will get the problem modern dragons have with old genes eventually, other then makes the faster to make right now but it also helps differ the modern and ancient dragons more. So pros and cons to it *shrugs*
From the sounds of it, basically(weird/new) style dragons in exchange for being created a lot faster with no delaying of current stuff.
I really hope no one complains about this since its basically more dragon types and doesn't even delay stuff. If its not your cup of tea, then you dont have to use them and if it is, its great for you. But overall new content is new contend and as long as its not problematical, even if its not your cup of tea then it could be someone else and people aren't going to love ever new thing.

LOVE the idea of dropping apparel of the ancient breeds (and I say this as someone who love dressing dragons with apparel).
It means that will help reduce a lot of the artload of adjusting old apparel so new breeds can be faster. Overall it mean new breeds can happen a lot faster and it allows them to have extra limbs/heads that apparel restricted dragon breeds to and gives ancient a way to feel like a special subsection of dragon type.

Though the ancient own genes is a bit weird. Not bad, just weird.
On one hand, eventually they will get the same problem as modern dragon when enough genes are made and have an artload to be done before sending out the breeds. So it makes them faster to create now but eventually they will get that problem also.
So low key feels like its avoiding a problem it will get later on no matter what and low key sucks you can't breed ancient with modern dragons if your color hunting.
But on the other hand, it does help differ ancient dragons from modern dragon more and make it feel like something different and not just apparel-less, several limb/head dragons. And also you will be able to dragon dragons from ancient to modern or other way around anyway so its not like you can't change you dragon if your after the colors anyway.
So like overall its not doing anything major by giving them their own genes, given they will get the problem modern dragons have with old genes eventually, other then makes the faster to make right now but it also helps differ the modern and ancient dragons more. So pros and cons to it *shrugs*
Holy GOD that is a lot of images to tailor to a new breed. . . I do not envy you guys. . . I am just a little disappointed to see some markings/genes will be exclusive to breeds. I'd like those things to be available across all dragons, at least. :/

Ah well. Still excited to see my first new dragon being added since having joined the site.
Holy GOD that is a lot of images to tailor to a new breed. . . I do not envy you guys. . . I am just a little disappointed to see some markings/genes will be exclusive to breeds. I'd like those things to be available across all dragons, at least. :/

Ah well. Still excited to see my first new dragon being added since having joined the site.
841EblB.gif
Yessss! New breeds! Ancients! Tidelord mystery! Yessssss!
Yessss! New breeds! Ancients! Tidelord mystery! Yessssss!
arcane1_zpsel0smlxg.png
I gotta ask- if the new breed can have multiple wings and limbs and stuff like that, how will skins/accents work? will they have to be even more specific, applying to how many of what part they have? like, an ancient dragon with 4 legs can’t wear an accent that was made for an ancient dragon with 6 legs?
I gotta ask- if the new breed can have multiple wings and limbs and stuff like that, how will skins/accents work? will they have to be even more specific, applying to how many of what part they have? like, an ancient dragon with 4 legs can’t wear an accent that was made for an ancient dragon with 6 legs?
@chocomonster [quote name="chocomonster" date="2019-04-15 20:32:42" ] On one hand, eventually they will get the same problem as modern dragon when enough genes are made and have an artload to be done before sending out the breeds. So it makes them faster to create now but eventually they will get that problem also. [/quote] I could be wrong but I got the impression that each ancient breed will have their own small set of genes that can't be used on other ancient breeds or modern dragons. That way they wouldn't have to keep up with genes for every new AB. [quote name="Akiri" date="2019-04-15 06:01:18" ] Genes Ancient breeds will have their own unique genes and we aim to have several genes ready to go alongside the release of every ancient breed. Modern gene scrolls and gene scrolls created for other ancient breeds can’t be applied to them. [/quote]
@chocomonster
chocomonster wrote on 2019-04-15 20:32:42:

I could be wrong but I got the impression that each ancient breed will have their own small set of genes that can't be used on other ancient breeds or modern dragons. That way they wouldn't have to keep up with genes for every new AB.

Akiri wrote on 2019-04-15 06:01:18:
Genes
Ancient breeds will have their own unique genes and we aim to have several genes ready to go alongside the release of every ancient breed.

Modern gene scrolls and gene scrolls created for other ancient breeds can’t be applied to them.
hEC9y3U.png
1 2 ... 111 112 113 114 115 ... 158 159