Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 122 123
[quote name="Ribombee" date="2019-03-23 12:40:38" ] [quote name="Madrigalism" date="2019-03-23 12:10:55" ] When is staff going to acknowledge the outcry about the horrendous implementation of the eye types? There are hundreds of people, dedicated players that support the site, being ignored. It's deplorable. I wish I could be excited for new eye types and I thought the creation of Dark Sclera vials was staff beginning to listen, but they turned right around and made a widely desired and demanded eye type completely impossible to get on dragons we've had and loved prior to the update. I can't be excited for it, I'm only filled with dread for the future updates and there is no silver lining to this. [/quote] Fully agreeing with what Mads said here. Honestly I'd rather have y'all say "we hear you. we're not changing it but we hear you." than continue on with this radio silence. Even if you don't give us what we want, at least have the decency to acknowledge your userbase. [/quote] Yes, this exactly.
Ribombee wrote on 2019-03-23 12:40:38:
Madrigalism wrote on 2019-03-23 12:10:55:
When is staff going to acknowledge the outcry about the horrendous implementation of the eye types? There are hundreds of people, dedicated players that support the site, being ignored. It's deplorable.

I wish I could be excited for new eye types and I thought the creation of Dark Sclera vials was staff beginning to listen, but they turned right around and made a widely desired and demanded eye type completely impossible to get on dragons we've had and loved prior to the update. I can't be excited for it, I'm only filled with dread for the future updates and there is no silver lining to this.

Fully agreeing with what Mads said here. Honestly I'd rather have y'all say "we hear you. we're not changing it but we hear you." than continue on with this radio silence. Even if you don't give us what we want, at least have the decency to acknowledge your userbase.

Yes, this exactly.
For those saying that making it unavailable to put on new dragons means dragons with it will skyrocket in price giving a new good source of income: consider that there are already multiple dragons on ah with goat under 100g, one is currently at 35g. It’ll be fodder prices for most before the month is out I’m sure. It’ll only increase prices of dragons that were already worth a fair amount like g1s.
For those saying that making it unavailable to put on new dragons means dragons with it will skyrocket in price giving a new good source of income: consider that there are already multiple dragons on ah with goat under 100g, one is currently at 35g. It’ll be fodder prices for most before the month is out I’m sure. It’ll only increase prices of dragons that were already worth a fair amount like g1s.
Auction Guide pixel_cat_skull_facing_right_by_asralore-dbgee5t.pngLantern-_2.pngpixel_cat_skull_facing_left_by_asralore-dbgeebi.png Full Wishlist
@Madrigalism [quote]I wish I could be excited for new eye types and I thought the creation of Dark Sclera vials was staff beginning to listen, but they turned right around and made a widely desired and demanded eye type completely impossible to get on dragons we've had and loved prior to the update.[/quote] What? You can brew Dark Sclera in Baldwin's and then apply the Vial to any dragon in your lair. :v Am I maybe misunderstanding something?
@Madrigalism
Quote:
I wish I could be excited for new eye types and I thought the creation of Dark Sclera vials was staff beginning to listen, but they turned right around and made a widely desired and demanded eye type completely impossible to get on dragons we've had and loved prior to the update.

What? You can brew Dark Sclera in Baldwin's and then apply the Vial to any dragon in your lair. :v Am I maybe misunderstanding something?
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[quote name="enso" date="2019-03-23 15:51:50" ] I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the issues users have with this update. The problem doesn't seem to be the new eye types, or that older dragons are excluded from them - the problem is a lack of communication. Staff posted a "suggestion" forum, and then doesn't communicate through it at ALL - even when it's a topic like this, which has been up since the first new eye types. And these updates aren't like...automated. Someone sits down and writes them. So it's actually super tone-deaf that whoever on staff made THIS update decided to not even kind of acknowledge the TONS of posts asking if the existing vials will even be made public again, or if the percentages will be changed, or a whole list of other eye-related inquiries. Players spend real money on this game, and the main financial draw are essentially lottery items; so the people who spend that money generally want to have an open line of communication with the people creating the game. If they're going to drop real money on vials for eyes, what are REALLY the chances they're going to get them? Will they ever become available again? How many more eye-types are going to be made, but locked? This isn't so different from some of the issues that popped up about BREEDS during like...the first year of the game. My wife has been playing FR almost since the beginning and refuses to drop money on the game, because staff has a tendency to drop off the face of the earth on some issues, while commenting or updating constantly about ~other, newer things~ Which btw has a tendency to make older players feel unimportant or just...you know, ignored. Not cute. TLDR -> It's not about the eyes. It's about the underlying problem. Also, people are allowed to be upset about whatever they want. [/quote] I definitely agree with you! I stated in my first post that the eyes weren’t the problem, but I never thought about the communication part. You have a very good point there. I’ve checked out the locked suggestions forum and A LOT of the questions posted there have been straight-up ignored. [b]Over 200 pages of posts have been made in the suggestions, and almost not one of the questions have been answered.[/b] I hope the team will work this out somehow in the future.
enso wrote on 2019-03-23 15:51:50:
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the issues users have with this update.

The problem doesn't seem to be the new eye types, or that older dragons are excluded from them - the problem is a lack of communication.
Staff posted a "suggestion" forum, and then doesn't communicate through it at ALL - even when it's a topic like this, which has been up since the first new eye types.
And these updates aren't like...automated. Someone sits down and writes them. So it's actually super tone-deaf that whoever on staff made THIS update decided to not even kind of acknowledge the TONS of posts asking if the existing vials will even be made public again, or if the percentages will be changed, or a whole list of other eye-related inquiries.

Players spend real money on this game, and the main financial draw are essentially lottery items; so the people who spend that money generally want to have an open line of communication with the people creating the game. If they're going to drop real money on vials for eyes, what are REALLY the chances they're going to get them? Will they ever become available again? How many more eye-types are going to be made, but locked?

This isn't so different from some of the issues that popped up about BREEDS during like...the first year of the game. My wife has been playing FR almost since the beginning and refuses to drop money on the game, because staff has a tendency to drop off the face of the earth on some issues, while commenting or updating constantly about ~other, newer things~
Which btw has a tendency to make older players feel unimportant or just...you know, ignored. Not cute.

TLDR -> It's not about the eyes. It's about the underlying problem. Also, people are allowed to be upset about whatever they want.

I definitely agree with you! I stated in my first post that the eyes weren’t the problem, but I never thought about the communication part. You have a very good point there. I’ve checked out the locked suggestions forum and A LOT of the questions posted there have been straight-up ignored. Over 200 pages of posts have been made in the suggestions, and almost not one of the questions have been answered. I hope the team will work this out somehow in the future.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
@enso & @DraconicMusic
The staff have already addressed the "lack of communication" in the Suggestions forum matter.

This is pulled from their post in the 5th Anniversary Update thread:
Quote:
On our policy of not commenting on or responding to suggestions in the forums:

We do not do this as it can create confusion and uncertainty around feature and gameplay expectations. We understand that in the moment it feels beneficial to receive an immediate and affirmative response but in the long term, it's confusing and harmful. That's not fair to you or beneficial to the game.

I mean, they post very clear and easy-to-understand details in their updates/releases. And yet, people still ask questions that were answered in said details.
@enso & @DraconicMusic
The staff have already addressed the "lack of communication" in the Suggestions forum matter.

Quote:

We do not do this as it can create confusion and uncertainty around feature and gameplay expectations. We understand that in the moment it feels beneficial to receive an immediate and affirmative response but in the long term, it's confusing and harmful. That's not fair to you or beneficial to the game.

I mean, they post very clear and easy-to-understand details in their updates/releases. And yet, people still ask questions that were answered in said details.
FR +0 | Woman
Art | Thread
Sales
Tales of Ostlea Discussion
dVkftIl.png
x
x
x

Blancblack_egg.gif
hYhXXAs.png
x
x
x

tnRVw.png
ZFPkptJ.png
[quote name="ValidEmotions" date="2019-03-23 16:07:28" ] @enso & @DraconicMusic The staff have already addressed the "lack of communication" in the Suggestions forum matter. This is pulled from their post in the 5th Anniversary Update thread: Quote: On our policy of not commenting on or responding to suggestions in the forums: We do not do this as it can create confusion and uncertainty around feature and gameplay expectations. We understand that in the moment it feels beneficial to receive an immediate and affirmative response but in the long term, it's confusing and harmful. That's not fair to you or beneficial to the game. [/quote] @ValidEmotions I've seen the post, although I appreciate you pulling it for us :) But I think in a situation like this, which has been an ongoing issue (as you've just pointed out, for over a YEAR) it might be beneficial to reconsider that stance. Clearly, it NEEDS elaborating on. EDIT, to follow up on YOUR edit: I've worked customer service for 10 years. If over 200 pages of questions exists for a problem, it is not well explained. People can understand what has been SAID without understanding what that means for the future of the gene, or for why there can't be compromise. And I'm speaking here, it's worth noting, as someone who likes my dragon's eyes just fine.
ValidEmotions wrote on 2019-03-23 16:07:28:
@enso & @DraconicMusic

Quote:

@ValidEmotions
I've seen the post, although I appreciate you pulling it for us :)
But I think in a situation like this, which has been an ongoing issue (as you've just pointed out, for over a YEAR) it might be beneficial to reconsider that stance. Clearly, it NEEDS elaborating on.

EDIT, to follow up on YOUR edit: I've worked customer service for 10 years. If over 200 pages of questions exists for a problem, it is not well explained. People can understand what has been SAID without understanding what that means for the future of the gene, or for why there can't be compromise.
And I'm speaking here, it's worth noting, as someone who likes my dragon's eyes just fine.
@ValidEmotions

I just read about this communication thing when someone posted a link to it. Sorry for not taking that into account.
@ValidEmotions

I just read about this communication thing when someone posted a link to it. Sorry for not taking that into account.
Don't mind me I'm just a girl who likes dragons and robots.

FMoJ9vk.png S59aFC6.png fX0bVgZ.png MtGlogH.png cdqdRxL.png ypcKWM0.png 2VtxnMX.png HJLIYn4.pngawUnQ0L.pngll0CfnD.pngpFa33lp.png

[All of my social media]
@ValidEmotions Oh, my bad for not being more clear. I meant that I thought Dark Sclera vials being created was staff starting to finally listen to us about the eye types, but then they pulled this stunt with the widely-asked-for Goat eyes being completely inaccessible to existing dragons prior to the update.
@ValidEmotions Oh, my bad for not being more clear. I meant that I thought Dark Sclera vials being created was staff starting to finally listen to us about the eye types, but then they pulled this stunt with the widely-asked-for Goat eyes being completely inaccessible to existing dragons prior to the update.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
i wish i could be excited about this because they look really nice on the babies, but....like.......you can't even tell the difference between the new eyes and common-colored eyes on like half the adult dragons.....
i wish i could be excited about this because they look really nice on the babies, but....like.......you can't even tell the difference between the new eyes and common-colored eyes on like half the adult dragons.....
[quote name="@/Charoula" date="2019-03-23 15:59:24" ] This post happened because people were upset about the eyes when they were first released. You (the staff) tried to answer questions and what have you, to calm down the uproar. Almost a year later, history repeated itself. Why? [/quote] Because they're sticking to what they said their plans were in that first post [quote]Our intent was for natural eye types to only apply to dragons upon the moment of their hatching. .... Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight. .... We still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively.[/quote] They obviously see no problem with older dragons not being able to have natural eye types and newer dragons not being able to have them unless they're hatched with them. :/
@/Charoula wrote on 2019-03-23 15:59:24:
This post happened because people were upset about the eyes when they were first released. You (the staff) tried to answer questions and what have you, to calm down the uproar. Almost a year later, history repeated itself. Why?
Because they're sticking to what they said their plans were in that first post
Quote:
Our intent was for natural eye types to only apply to dragons upon the moment of their hatching.

Before going into this, we originally had no plans to release the Vial of Scattersight.

We still think it's important that from this point forward, natural eye types be part of the breeding system exclusively.
They obviously see no problem with older dragons not being able to have natural eye types and newer dragons not being able to have them unless they're hatched with them. :/
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
1 2 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 122 123