Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 122 123
Them goat eyes thooo [emoji=mirror love]
Them goat eyes thooo
I miss pings - DMs work better. Semi-hiatus.
[quote name="@Hikaruna" date="2019-03-23 14:38:47" ] [quote name="Amut" date="2019-03-23 14:36:00" ] [quote name="@/Hiddenite" date="2019-03-23 10:30:36" ] ive never seen an update this unpopular holy hell for real though, why did you decide to exclude goat eyes from the scatter-vial pool? i dont understand it at all. [/quote] You should've been here for Jupiter/Saturn... Oh boy.... [/quote] @/Amut [i]what happened with jupiter/saturn[/i] [/quote] When the gene was released, players quickly noticed that there were glaring differences in the gene between breeds. On some, the pattern was tight and thin-lined -- on others, the pattern was larger and looser. Staff expressed that the looser pattern was a mistake and it was altered on the breeds with that pattern. Unfortunately, people had already gened their dragons with the looser pattern and weren't happy that their dragons were then being altered. It was one of the most egregious art errors that's ever happened with a gene, tbh, and made a lot of people curious about who and how many people quality check the genes before they're released.
@Hikaruna wrote on 2019-03-23 14:38:47:
Amut wrote on 2019-03-23 14:36:00:
@/Hiddenite wrote on 2019-03-23 10:30:36:
ive never seen an update this unpopular holy hell
for real though, why did you decide to exclude goat eyes from the scatter-vial pool? i dont understand it at all.

You should've been here for Jupiter/Saturn... Oh boy....
@/Amut what happened with jupiter/saturn

When the gene was released, players quickly noticed that there were glaring differences in the gene between breeds. On some, the pattern was tight and thin-lined -- on others, the pattern was larger and looser. Staff expressed that the looser pattern was a mistake and it was altered on the breeds with that pattern. Unfortunately, people had already gened their dragons with the looser pattern and weren't happy that their dragons were then being altered.

It was one of the most egregious art errors that's ever happened with a gene, tbh, and made a lot of people curious about who and how many people quality check the genes before they're released.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
[quote name="McAlli" date="2019-03-23 15:11:45" ] [quote name="XxNoodleNovaxX" date="2019-03-23 14:54:15" ] [quote name="Firtarian" date="2019-03-22 06:26:33" ] All eye types should have a vial form, or be in a scatter sight type vial. This time you’ve actually banned all preexisting dragons from participating in a new eye type which is just cruel and unfair. [/quote] You can scatter the dragon, and it's not 'cruel and unfair' cruel and unfair would be not giving any eye type in a vial. But, you should be grateful for what you hve [/quote] ...Bruh, you can't really Scatter the dragon because Scattersights are limited and will eventually, literally, be nonexistent. Why should we be grateful for an update that we can't utilize for any dragons that we already have? [/quote] On top of that, in relation to Goat eyes: You quite literally cannot scatter for them. The news post says that Goat isn’t in the scatter pool. Even if someone wanted to attempt to scatter for Goat (preliminary data suggests that the hatch rate is around 1%), they [i]can’t[/i] because Goat isn’t a possible outcome from the Scattersights. :c
McAlli wrote on 2019-03-23 15:11:45:
XxNoodleNovaxX wrote on 2019-03-23 14:54:15:
Firtarian wrote on 2019-03-22 06:26:33:
All eye types should have a vial form, or be in a scatter sight type vial. This time you’ve actually banned all preexisting dragons from participating in a new eye type which is just cruel and unfair.
You can scatter the dragon, and it's not 'cruel and unfair' cruel and unfair would be not giving any eye type in a vial. But, you should be grateful for what you hve

...Bruh, you can't really Scatter the dragon because Scattersights are limited and will eventually, literally, be nonexistent.

Why should we be grateful for an update that we can't utilize for any dragons that we already have?

On top of that, in relation to Goat eyes: You quite literally cannot scatter for them. The news post says that Goat isn’t in the scatter pool. Even if someone wanted to attempt to scatter for Goat (preliminary data suggests that the hatch rate is around 1%), they can’t because Goat isn’t a possible outcome from the Scattersights. :c
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I love reading the salt on this.

Mainly since I don't really care for new eye types, especially since you can barely notice them on a majority of breeds! You can only really notice swirl on 6 (maybe 7?) breeds, so eye updates don't really effect me. I just see them as something cool dragons have has hatchlings and nothing more. It's not like a new color where you'll notice it a whole bunch, the only time I even notice eyes are in other people's profiles!

Mainly since I don't really care for new eye types, especially since you can barely notice them on a majority of breeds! You can only really notice swirl on 6 (maybe 7?) breeds, so eye updates don't really effect me. I just see them as something cool dragons have has hatchlings and nothing more. It's not like a new color where you'll notice it a whole bunch, the only time I even notice eyes are in other people's profiles!
mijumaru_animated_sprite_by_julien9495.gifqwcgcAQ.gif501.gifWlChwVX.gif8RH6Pys.gif
:0
:0
I love FR to an extent that goes beyond any other petsite. It is a very different mechanical and community set up than the rest, its so involved, so customizable. And that hasn't changed due to eye types.

I think eye types were a rather nice launch. There is no other randomized hatching aspect to the rest of FR which I do appreciate, but eye types add the small hint of spice we needed without crawling into other random, grueling, utter nonsense petsite territory. I'll admit, it would be nice to have vials at least follow the same rarity system as gene and breed scrolls, and if they could be a tad more visible that would be nice, but I see why that might not work out well. I'll also say that I'm not a breeder, I have one lore-based subspecies, and otherwise play for lore.

Eyes add a plethora of new ideas for lore and make all the different types fun to play with. Eye types aren't currently impacting dragons as badly as we say, since they aren't visible for most dragons besides hatchling and snapper besides being primal. Eye types add a bit of 'I hope for!' fun, lore ideas, all without ruining the game.

- If you're going to make it random, let the strict breeders have the vials they want. Perhaps legacy.

- Realize eye types aren't as huge of a problem as we say, and if you have a subspecies or breeding project, you often lose dragons to the fodder realm when breeding, and you could always add additional lore and story to accommodate new eye types.

This is a new feature. It'll be tested. It'll have downfalls. It'll eventually piece together user requests to make it better for the community. Don't give up on FR just because you're the beta tester for a new mechanic.
I love FR to an extent that goes beyond any other petsite. It is a very different mechanical and community set up than the rest, its so involved, so customizable. And that hasn't changed due to eye types.

I think eye types were a rather nice launch. There is no other randomized hatching aspect to the rest of FR which I do appreciate, but eye types add the small hint of spice we needed without crawling into other random, grueling, utter nonsense petsite territory. I'll admit, it would be nice to have vials at least follow the same rarity system as gene and breed scrolls, and if they could be a tad more visible that would be nice, but I see why that might not work out well. I'll also say that I'm not a breeder, I have one lore-based subspecies, and otherwise play for lore.

Eyes add a plethora of new ideas for lore and make all the different types fun to play with. Eye types aren't currently impacting dragons as badly as we say, since they aren't visible for most dragons besides hatchling and snapper besides being primal. Eye types add a bit of 'I hope for!' fun, lore ideas, all without ruining the game.

- If you're going to make it random, let the strict breeders have the vials they want. Perhaps legacy.

- Realize eye types aren't as huge of a problem as we say, and if you have a subspecies or breeding project, you often lose dragons to the fodder realm when breeding, and you could always add additional lore and story to accommodate new eye types.

This is a new feature. It'll be tested. It'll have downfalls. It'll eventually piece together user requests to make it better for the community. Don't give up on FR just because you're the beta tester for a new mechanic.
theultimatecatsig.gif xSkets | She/Her | Bi | Capricorn | Meme | FR + 2
xAuthor | D&D Enthusiast | Worldbuilder | Too Many OCs

xPWYW Dergs
xMeowdy-do
Nochnyr
.......................9UzrfV3.png
[quote name="KattsTheName" date="2019-03-23 15:18:52" ] I love reading the salt on this. Mainly since I don't really care for new eye types, especially since you can barely notice them on a majority of breeds! You can only really notice swirl on 6 (maybe 7?) breeds, so eye updates don't really effect me. I just see them as something cool dragons have has hatchlings and nothing more. It's not like a new color where you'll notice it a whole bunch, the only time I even notice eyes are in other people's profiles! [/quote] Same. The Staff has decided to exclude existing dragons and they have decided not to make all the eyes available via vials. No matter what we say they will not change that. I'm not saying I agree with their decision, but I am saying I'm not going to get upset about it. I like my dragons the way they are. Could they be better if they had a certain eye type? Maybe, but that doesn't change what is already set in motion. Roll with the punches.
KattsTheName wrote on 2019-03-23 15:18:52:

Same.

The Staff has decided to exclude existing dragons and they have decided not to make all the eyes available via vials. No matter what we say they will not change that. I'm not saying I agree with their decision, but I am saying I'm not going to get upset about it.

I like my dragons the way they are. Could they be better if they had a certain eye type? Maybe, but that doesn't change what is already set in motion. Roll with the punches.
marina_small_by_wesleart_by_bombswan-db2x2ss.png
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the issues users have with this update.

The problem doesn't seem to be the new eye types, or that older dragons are excluded from them - the problem is a lack of communication.
Staff posted a "suggestion" forum, and then doesn't communicate through it at ALL - even when it's a topic like this, which has been up since the first new eye types.
And these updates aren't like...automated. Someone sits down and writes them. So it's actually super tone-deaf that whoever on staff made THIS update decided to not even kind of acknowledge the TONS of posts asking if the existing vials will even be made public again, or if the percentages will be changed, or a whole list of other eye-related inquiries.

Players spend real money on this game, and the main financial draw are essentially lottery items; so the people who spend that money generally want to have an open line of communication with the people creating the game. If they're going to drop real money on vials for eyes, what are REALLY the chances they're going to get them? Will they ever become available again? How many more eye-types are going to be made, but locked?

This isn't so different from some of the issues that popped up about BREEDS during like...the first year of the game. My wife has been playing FR almost since the beginning and refuses to drop money on the game, because staff has a tendency to drop off the face of the earth on some issues, while commenting or updating constantly about ~other, newer things~
Which btw has a tendency to make older players feel unimportant or just...you know, ignored. Not cute.

TLDR -> It's not about the eyes. It's about the underlying problem. Also, people are allowed to be upset about whatever they want.
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding the issues users have with this update.

The problem doesn't seem to be the new eye types, or that older dragons are excluded from them - the problem is a lack of communication.
Staff posted a "suggestion" forum, and then doesn't communicate through it at ALL - even when it's a topic like this, which has been up since the first new eye types.
And these updates aren't like...automated. Someone sits down and writes them. So it's actually super tone-deaf that whoever on staff made THIS update decided to not even kind of acknowledge the TONS of posts asking if the existing vials will even be made public again, or if the percentages will be changed, or a whole list of other eye-related inquiries.

Players spend real money on this game, and the main financial draw are essentially lottery items; so the people who spend that money generally want to have an open line of communication with the people creating the game. If they're going to drop real money on vials for eyes, what are REALLY the chances they're going to get them? Will they ever become available again? How many more eye-types are going to be made, but locked?

This isn't so different from some of the issues that popped up about BREEDS during like...the first year of the game. My wife has been playing FR almost since the beginning and refuses to drop money on the game, because staff has a tendency to drop off the face of the earth on some issues, while commenting or updating constantly about ~other, newer things~
Which btw has a tendency to make older players feel unimportant or just...you know, ignored. Not cute.

TLDR -> It's not about the eyes. It's about the underlying problem. Also, people are allowed to be upset about whatever they want.
This post happened because people were upset about the eyes when they were first released. You (the staff) tried to answer questions and what have you, to calm down the uproar. Almost a year later, history repeated itself. Why?
This post happened because people were upset about the eyes when they were first released. You (the staff) tried to answer questions and what have you, to calm down the uproar. Almost a year later, history repeated itself. Why?
light_small.png
Happiness can be found,
even in the darkest of times,
if one only remembers to turn on the light.

light_small.png
They both look so cool!~
They both look so cool!~
vQjCN2I.png
1 2 ... 101 102 103 104 105 ... 122 123