Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 104 105 106 107 108 ... 122 123
Thanks for letting me know about this [emoji=tundra winking]
Thanks for letting me know about this
Ugh, I really want one of my old dergs to have the goat eyes... It's a shame they don't get a vial of their own, since scattersight was retired :/
Ugh, I really want one of my old dergs to have the goat eyes... It's a shame they don't get a vial of their own, since scattersight was retired :/
sad face[emoji=tundra sad]
sad face
Going to add into some of the other points made. I'm very sorry about this since I love both eye types, but in honesty, the user base was in an uproar when the new exclusive eye types came out in the first place. Massive portions of the user base begged to have the scatter sights stay in some capacity. Massively unpopular decisions aren't going to be any more popular later on.

When using scatter sights I have received 10 uncommon eyes in a row. Over 30 in a row without touching a true "rare" eye type. In fact with how much it takes to get rare eyes with randomized scrolls, you could probably spend the equivalent on 10-20 primal dragons and still not get those with scattering the dragon I want primal on.

It's not really the goat eyes, or the scatter sights that upset me. It's that the user base's comments on this have been mostly ignored or deleted.
Going to add into some of the other points made. I'm very sorry about this since I love both eye types, but in honesty, the user base was in an uproar when the new exclusive eye types came out in the first place. Massive portions of the user base begged to have the scatter sights stay in some capacity. Massively unpopular decisions aren't going to be any more popular later on.

When using scatter sights I have received 10 uncommon eyes in a row. Over 30 in a row without touching a true "rare" eye type. In fact with how much it takes to get rare eyes with randomized scrolls, you could probably spend the equivalent on 10-20 primal dragons and still not get those with scattering the dragon I want primal on.

It's not really the goat eyes, or the scatter sights that upset me. It's that the user base's comments on this have been mostly ignored or deleted.
ack these eyes are so pretty i nEed
ack these eyes are so pretty i nEed
as everyone is saying though, it is a bit annoying that every eye type doesn't have a vial. i don't see why all eye types don't have vials, since preexisting dragons can't get new additions..
as everyone is saying though, it is a bit annoying that every eye type doesn't have a vial. i don't see why all eye types don't have vials, since preexisting dragons can't get new additions..
I'm all for new free things, but I'm not sure about the addition of Goat to the natural pool (and especially only the natural pool, as someone brought up, since clearly the userbase had a different idea for scattersights than what was intended).

As I understood it, the eye types that occur naturally are linked to the increase in elemental flight energies, which I assumed to mean higher rarity = more energy (as is seen in Primal, obviously, and with Multi-Gaze being a notable mutation). Hex already seemed out of place, but now Goat? How do you explain goat (and other)-like traits, in dragons, that are not inherited, and that we guess are linked to flight energy?

I think rather than add these oddities to the pool, there should be cheap (treasure) vials made available. Especially since someone may think it's perfect for a specific dragon, and others may not want it at all! And also because vials sound more like alchemy (like gene change scrolls) and don't need an in-lore explanation. I get that you want to give us a chance at something cool, but right now it feels out of place.
I'm all for new free things, but I'm not sure about the addition of Goat to the natural pool (and especially only the natural pool, as someone brought up, since clearly the userbase had a different idea for scattersights than what was intended).

As I understood it, the eye types that occur naturally are linked to the increase in elemental flight energies, which I assumed to mean higher rarity = more energy (as is seen in Primal, obviously, and with Multi-Gaze being a notable mutation). Hex already seemed out of place, but now Goat? How do you explain goat (and other)-like traits, in dragons, that are not inherited, and that we guess are linked to flight energy?

I think rather than add these oddities to the pool, there should be cheap (treasure) vials made available. Especially since someone may think it's perfect for a specific dragon, and others may not want it at all! And also because vials sound more like alchemy (like gene change scrolls) and don't need an in-lore explanation. I get that you want to give us a chance at something cool, but right now it feels out of place.
3e94Gpa.png MXmMK3p.png
Ping me to get
my attention in the forums, please!
MXmMK3p.png 4oO1RBo.png
[quote name="Interlinea" date="2019-03-23 18:02:34" ] Going to add into some of the other points made. I'm very sorry about this since I love both eye types, but in honesty, the user base was in an uproar when the new exclusive eye types came out in the first place. Massive portions of the user base begged to have the scatter sights stay in some capacity. Massively unpopular decisions aren't going to be any more popular later on. When using scatter sights I have received 10 uncommon eyes in a row. Over 30 in a row without touching a true "rare" eye type. In fact with how much it takes to get rare eyes with randomized scrolls, you could probably spend the equivalent on 10-20 primal dragons and still not get those with scattering the dragon I want primal on. It's not really the goat eyes, or the scatter sights that upset me. It's that the user base's comments on this have been mostly ignored or deleted. [/quote] [center][font=century]^^^
Interlinea wrote on 2019-03-23 18:02:34:

^^^
[color=#006ab8]I still hate how you totally ignored the complaints about the Scattersights and banning existing dragons form the non-retired non-vial eye types. Almost made me leave the site, and every eye release is just salt in the wound. As someone who doesn't really get new bred dragons, I can't enjoy the new "natural" eyes. Retiring the Scattersights was one of the worst ideas on this site imo. Seriously, what's so wrong with wanting to enjoy such a big mechanic on existing dragons. If Scattersights were available somehow, I would spend a ton on them to get new eyes on my old dragons. Wasted opportunity, so dumb. What makes it worse is that my internet was down the whole anniversary event, so I wasn't able to stockpile on Scattersights whatsoever. UGH Still super peeved about that event; was the worst I've ever had on here, and makes me dread whatever thing is planned for this year's anniversary. [emoji=mirror angry]
I still hate how you totally ignored the complaints about the Scattersights and banning existing dragons form the non-retired non-vial eye types. Almost made me leave the site, and every eye release is just salt in the wound. As someone who doesn't really get new bred dragons, I can't enjoy the new "natural" eyes. Retiring the Scattersights was one of the worst ideas on this site imo. Seriously, what's so wrong with wanting to enjoy such a big mechanic on existing dragons. If Scattersights were available somehow, I would spend a ton on them to get new eyes on my old dragons. Wasted opportunity, so dumb. What makes it worse is that my internet was down the whole anniversary event, so I wasn't able to stockpile on Scattersights whatsoever. UGH Still super peeved about that event; was the worst I've ever had on here, and makes me dread whatever thing is planned for this year's anniversary.
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!