Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Goat and Swirl Eye Types
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 122 123
While these new eye types are very cool, I am really disappointed that we won't be able to get goat eyes on pre-existing dragons. I agree with many others who have already expressed their feelings of unfairness and disappointment, I was really hoping they would be available in a vial so I could use it on some of my spirals... c'est la vie, I guess.
While these new eye types are very cool, I am really disappointed that we won't be able to get goat eyes on pre-existing dragons. I agree with many others who have already expressed their feelings of unfairness and disappointment, I was really hoping they would be available in a vial so I could use it on some of my spirals... c'est la vie, I guess.
OMG, yesss!
OMG, yesss!
Swirl is lovely, the fact that it can be applied even more so. Goat? Gods no... I hate goat eyes, they make me feel sick just looking at them. They're such flat, dead lifeless things even in real life. So in that regard, I'm really happy they aren't a vial... Yet that means I can hatch them in ANY nest... WELL!, Times to have a stock of common eye scrolls!
Swirl is lovely, the fact that it can be applied even more so. Goat? Gods no... I hate goat eyes, they make me feel sick just looking at them. They're such flat, dead lifeless things even in real life. So in that regard, I'm really happy they aren't a vial... Yet that means I can hatch them in ANY nest... WELL!, Times to have a stock of common eye scrolls!
natureshieldl.png NIJBYPt.png uRC0U7k.png NIJBYPt.png natureshieldr.png
It's a pain just trying to get one of the tints, let alone a special eye type. Adding more natural eye types just makes things harder. Honestly, I have a lot of breeding projects, and as satisfying as it is to finally get the dragon I've been after for months, I don't find the process fun at all.

I'm sorry if this comes across as whiny and ungrateful; I'm trying to be constructive. New eye types is fine, I'm just not a fan of the implementation.
It's a pain just trying to get one of the tints, let alone a special eye type. Adding more natural eye types just makes things harder. Honestly, I have a lot of breeding projects, and as satisfying as it is to finally get the dragon I've been after for months, I don't find the process fun at all.

I'm sorry if this comes across as whiny and ungrateful; I'm trying to be constructive. New eye types is fine, I'm just not a fan of the implementation.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
[quote name="protoneoromantic" date="2019-03-22 19:40:49" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2019-03-22 06:47:43" ] Petition to make all eye-types equippable via Vials or Scrolls because not being able to control the eyes of your favorite dragons is really fricken frustrating and antithetical to the original mission of "customize your dragons how you please" that Flight Rising billed itself with [/quote] THIS! [/quote] 100% agree. I absolutely love the new eyes, but the way that Goat was implemented makes it so that I'd have to try to hatch a dragon that I spent literally a full year trying to get all over again. And since my nests aren't of that dragon's element anymore, and I've long since exalted/sold their parents, the process is going to become much more difficult. I'm not saying that it should be easy to get the eye type you want (maybe all eyes from hereon out should be Swipp/Baldwin/Gem-exclusive?), but FR [i]is[/i] renown for the customization of its 'pets', our dragons. To choose to [i]not[/i] at least make it a little bit more accessible (maybe a week that happens once per year where Scattersights drop again) to customize our dragons' eyes just seems odd, and a big source of drama. The additional fact that you can't get Goat from a Scattersight makes it even weirder. [emoji=fae confused]
protoneoromantic wrote on 2019-03-22 19:40:49:
McAlli wrote on 2019-03-22 06:47:43:
Petition to make all eye-types equippable via Vials or Scrolls because not being able to control the eyes of your favorite dragons is really fricken frustrating and antithetical to the original mission of "customize your dragons how you please" that Flight Rising billed itself with

THIS!

100% agree. I absolutely love the new eyes, but the way that Goat was implemented makes it so that I'd have to try to hatch a dragon that I spent literally a full year trying to get all over again. And since my nests aren't of that dragon's element anymore, and I've long since exalted/sold their parents, the process is going to become much more difficult.

I'm not saying that it should be easy to get the eye type you want (maybe all eyes from hereon out should be Swipp/Baldwin/Gem-exclusive?), but FR is renown for the customization of its 'pets', our dragons. To choose to not at least make it a little bit more accessible (maybe a week that happens once per year where Scattersights drop again) to customize our dragons' eyes just seems odd, and a big source of drama. The additional fact that you can't get Goat from a Scattersight makes it even weirder.
w7Z8MA5.png
The new eyes look neat, but I can agree with other people - Goat should have also been included in vial form as well so it could have been applied to pre-existing dragons.
The new eyes look neat, but I can agree with other people - Goat should have also been included in vial form as well so it could have been applied to pre-existing dragons.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
Love the ice flight ones [emoji=tundra love]
Love the ice flight ones
Being forgotten is worse than death.
iceflight_by_kitsunka-d8l0oi6.png
Me: I need to give this Dragon Muti-eye for Lore reasons [spends countless amount of gems doing so, 35+ tries later no dice].

Me: OK I'll just breed the dragon instead! [50k+ Treasure assembling the pairs].

Staff: Here's Spiral Eyes, which fit the lore of the dragon even better than multi eye.
Me: O
Me:...I cover all my dragon's faces with masks nooooooo :C

(But for real time to grind in the Coliseum until I get these drops...)
Me: I need to give this Dragon Muti-eye for Lore reasons [spends countless amount of gems doing so, 35+ tries later no dice].

Me: OK I'll just breed the dragon instead! [50k+ Treasure assembling the pairs].

Staff: Here's Spiral Eyes, which fit the lore of the dragon even better than multi eye.
Me: O
Me:...I cover all my dragon's faces with masks nooooooo :C

(But for real time to grind in the Coliseum until I get these drops...)
Ohhh fantastic eyes!
Ohhh fantastic eyes!
42530bc5f614129e3cd515962b6f5786d9db5cf8.png Nursery
Snapper Plush Adopts: 200g/kt
Days since last impulse buy: 0
vxVXRV1.gif
Love how the swirl looks! Can't wait to get some. Time to coli grind.
Love how the swirl looks! Can't wait to get some. Time to coli grind.
1 2 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 122 123