Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 111 112
I have a subspecies I'm working on that could benefit greatly from the Goat eye type in terms of design, but it seems that yet again, gasoline has been poured onto the fire in making it so the 50 million plus dragons born before today are completely unable to obtain this eye type.

I sincerely hope this is just a stunt from staff in which they switch the Goat eye type to vials simply to say "See? We listen to our players!"

If that isn't the case, then I'm absolutely dumbfounded that staff would add another level of desired customization completely outside our control, when customization is the entire point of this game.

RIP I guess.
I have a subspecies I'm working on that could benefit greatly from the Goat eye type in terms of design, but it seems that yet again, gasoline has been poured onto the fire in making it so the 50 million plus dragons born before today are completely unable to obtain this eye type.

I sincerely hope this is just a stunt from staff in which they switch the Goat eye type to vials simply to say "See? We listen to our players!"

If that isn't the case, then I'm absolutely dumbfounded that staff would add another level of desired customization completely outside our control, when customization is the entire point of this game.

RIP I guess.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
Support!
The eye update was a good update, but it was handled REALLY badly. A lot of player love the new eyes but the fact you can't change the eyes on old dragons is really hurting the update.
And the fact players have multiple times said they were unhappy with how the update was handled and staff hasn't said anything (heck, even just now releasing an eye type over 50 MILLIONS dragons can't get because they were born before) is just adding fuel to the fire.

The eyes are a good concept, it just needs a small rework to make everyone happy and making the eyes available /somehow/ for /every/ dragon would be a good start
Support!
The eye update was a good update, but it was handled REALLY badly. A lot of player love the new eyes but the fact you can't change the eyes on old dragons is really hurting the update.
And the fact players have multiple times said they were unhappy with how the update was handled and staff hasn't said anything (heck, even just now releasing an eye type over 50 MILLIONS dragons can't get because they were born before) is just adding fuel to the fire.

The eyes are a good concept, it just needs a small rework to make everyone happy and making the eyes available /somehow/ for /every/ dragon would be a good start
Wildwood Moss Wildwood Moss
Support.
Support.
I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, but I also support just unretiring the vial of scattersight.

Frankly I know myself and a lot of the userbase would only be happy if staff went back on their previous statement and unretired the vial of scattersight. It's a serious downer to not be able to customize the eyes available and I remember that it seriously disappointed me back when it first game out. I was already considering going on hiatus at that point, and when I couldn't get multigaze for one of my favorite dragons and there was no other option for me, I was so frustrated that it was the straw that broke the camels back and I lost all interest in FR for over six months. I'm back now and I'm happy to be back, but if I could change a single thing about this website it would be the fact that breed only eye types don't have a viable alternative. If you don't breed the colors you want, you can use scatterscrolls by buying them from the gem store, but that isn't a viable option for vials of scattersight because they're limited.

This system negatively impacts literally everyone who has lore dragons from before the update that they want to have the new eyes and frankly it makes me way less invested in the site. It's not like with virtually every other dragon customization feature where, if you work hard enough and spend enough money, you can get there. Instead I'm just left feeling unsatisfied with my dragons and wanting to do more with them and be more creative, but I can't because of this system.
I wholeheartedly support this suggestion, but I also support just unretiring the vial of scattersight.

Frankly I know myself and a lot of the userbase would only be happy if staff went back on their previous statement and unretired the vial of scattersight. It's a serious downer to not be able to customize the eyes available and I remember that it seriously disappointed me back when it first game out. I was already considering going on hiatus at that point, and when I couldn't get multigaze for one of my favorite dragons and there was no other option for me, I was so frustrated that it was the straw that broke the camels back and I lost all interest in FR for over six months. I'm back now and I'm happy to be back, but if I could change a single thing about this website it would be the fact that breed only eye types don't have a viable alternative. If you don't breed the colors you want, you can use scatterscrolls by buying them from the gem store, but that isn't a viable option for vials of scattersight because they're limited.

This system negatively impacts literally everyone who has lore dragons from before the update that they want to have the new eyes and frankly it makes me way less invested in the site. It's not like with virtually every other dragon customization feature where, if you work hard enough and spend enough money, you can get there. Instead I'm just left feeling unsatisfied with my dragons and wanting to do more with them and be more creative, but I can't because of this system.
SsnSwc8.pngI4kqtte.pngdTzwsWN.pngs1Pmubh.pngZZSq48t.gifBJxAk71.pngiA0yz9T.pngSabwhBZ.png
Whew, longpost ahead. Saw the update a few hours ago and had to take some time to take a breather and get my thoughts in order. There is a lot I could say about Flight Rising's development over the last five years (going on six), but I can really just sum up my personal feelings as "disappointment". Which is a shame, since nearly every other feature and update on site is something I've looked forward to outside of some minor art fixes or bugs, but the limited eye updates are bordering on making me want to abandon this long-term commitment for something more rewarding for the amount of time I'm willing to sink into these games. I do have some major concerns with Flight Rising's current business model and feel that it is getting increasingly manipulative with regards to baiting new users, while treating older users (even those who joined up less than a year ago, during the first eye fiasco) as obsolete and replaceable. While there absolutely needs to be some support in place for new users to have a chance to catch up with older players in an economic sense, introducing features that lock out older dragons in favor of hatchlings that would otherwise be exalt fodder (and will be exalt fodder again in a few months, unless staff wants to continue to fabricate their rarity by steadily reducing the chance percentage that Goat will appear on new nest) is not the way to go. ----- [quote name="Madrigalism" date="2019-03-22 12:00:47" ] I sincerely hope this is just a stunt from staff in which they switch the Goat eye type to vials simply to say "See? We listen to our players!" [/quote] I wanted to highlight this comment because it's a situation that a lot of companies utilize in order to double-down on introducing a bad idea to the public by providing another more exaggerated problem, fixing or backing down on the more exaggerated problem, and then not bothering to address the original problem in the first place. This is typically followed with, "Well we fixed an oopsiegoof once already with (other situation), you guys are just too demanding." I'm very concerned that if they do back down and give us Goat eyes within the week that this is going to be the narrative they'll try to roll with in order to shrug off any discussion about un-retiring or introducing eye vials for the original natural eyes. It's an underhanded technique, and I'd like to think Flight Rising as a company wouldn't try to pull it, but it's probably a good idea to expect just about anything at this point. ----- Lastly, I'm in the process of re-tallying the support in this thread and providing a more up-to-date record of support/non-support which will be posted once I have time to filter through all 80-something pages. Although FR Staff doesn't take suggestions by popularity (which is something I would generally agree is a good idea), it's still important to be aware how many users on-site want changes to be made on this particular feature, because the steadfast denial regarding the impact of their decisions on this topic needs to be countered with cold numbers.
Whew, longpost ahead.

Saw the update a few hours ago and had to take some time to take a breather and get my thoughts in order. There is a lot I could say about Flight Rising's development over the last five years (going on six), but I can really just sum up my personal feelings as "disappointment". Which is a shame, since nearly every other feature and update on site is something I've looked forward to outside of some minor art fixes or bugs, but the limited eye updates are bordering on making me want to abandon this long-term commitment for something more rewarding for the amount of time I'm willing to sink into these games.

I do have some major concerns with Flight Rising's current business model and feel that it is getting increasingly manipulative with regards to baiting new users, while treating older users (even those who joined up less than a year ago, during the first eye fiasco) as obsolete and replaceable. While there absolutely needs to be some support in place for new users to have a chance to catch up with older players in an economic sense, introducing features that lock out older dragons in favor of hatchlings that would otherwise be exalt fodder (and will be exalt fodder again in a few months, unless staff wants to continue to fabricate their rarity by steadily reducing the chance percentage that Goat will appear on new nest) is not the way to go.

Madrigalism wrote on 2019-03-22 12:00:47:
I wanted to highlight this comment because it's a situation that a lot of companies utilize in order to double-down on introducing a bad idea to the public by providing another more exaggerated problem, fixing or backing down on the more exaggerated problem, and then not bothering to address the original problem in the first place. This is typically followed with, "Well we fixed an oopsiegoof once already with (other situation), you guys are just too demanding."

I'm very concerned that if they do back down and give us Goat eyes within the week that this is going to be the narrative they'll try to roll with in order to shrug off any discussion about un-retiring or introducing eye vials for the original natural eyes. It's an underhanded technique, and I'd like to think Flight Rising as a company wouldn't try to pull it, but it's probably a good idea to expect just about anything at this point.

Lastly, I'm in the process of re-tallying the support in this thread and providing a more up-to-date record of support/non-support which will be posted once I have time to filter through all 80-something pages. Although FR Staff doesn't take suggestions by popularity (which is something I would generally agree is a good idea), it's still important to be aware how many users on-site want changes to be made on this particular feature, because the steadfast denial regarding the impact of their decisions on this topic needs to be countered with cold numbers.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
@/Illiobillium I sincerely hope this post doesn't get taken down. You make very valid points, and it couldn't hurt to reiterate in a support ticket to staff. Edit: Additionally, I feel I should also post what I put in another thread here as well. [quote name="Madrigalism" date="2019-03-22 16:09:07" ] I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times more; the eye update was poorly thought out and executed, and nothing can possibly change my mind on that. There seems to be very little care for dragons that are irreplaceable to players, such as low-digit IDs, progenitors, and the like. The Goat eyes only being available through breeding poured gasoline back onto the wildfire that started when the eye update was first released. I have plenty of strong opinions about the Scattersights being a retired consumable and many have already addressed the points I had, but at least they provided the slimmest of chances for older, irreplaceable dragons to get special eye types. The Goat eyes are completely inaccessible for dragons that existed before today even though those vials, and that alone is pouring salt into an reopened wound for many players. There's no sense in adding more RNG-reliant factors. There's no long-term benefit to more natural eyes types being added, soon enough Goat-eyed dragons will merely be fodder like Facet-eyed dragons. The eye types are cosmetic and can't be passed down to hatchlings, so it just makes no sense in adding more features unable to be enjoyed by players that love their existing dragons. Perhaps the only eye type I wouldn't want to become a vial is Primal. Good looking Primal-eyed dragons have been pretty consistent in price (but take that with a grain of salt, some prices can be insane), and have upheld their rarity...although on that same note, I know the frustrations of not being able to get those eyes on irreplaceable dragons. For those people angry about those eyes just as I am with every other type, I support Primal vials too--but with the exception that vials for it only drop during festivals. [/quote]
@/Illiobillium I sincerely hope this post doesn't get taken down. You make very valid points, and it couldn't hurt to reiterate in a support ticket to staff.

Edit: Additionally, I feel I should also post what I put in another thread here as well.

Madrigalism wrote on 2019-03-22 16:09:07:
I've said it once, and I'll say it a million times more; the eye update was poorly thought out and executed, and nothing can possibly change my mind on that.

There seems to be very little care for dragons that are irreplaceable to players, such as low-digit IDs, progenitors, and the like. The Goat eyes only being available through breeding poured gasoline back onto the wildfire that started when the eye update was first released.

I have plenty of strong opinions about the Scattersights being a retired consumable and many have already addressed the points I had, but at least they provided the slimmest of chances for older, irreplaceable dragons to get special eye types. The Goat eyes are completely inaccessible for dragons that existed before today even though those vials, and that alone is pouring salt into an reopened wound for many players.

There's no sense in adding more RNG-reliant factors. There's no long-term benefit to more natural eyes types being added, soon enough Goat-eyed dragons will merely be fodder like Facet-eyed dragons. The eye types are cosmetic and can't be passed down to hatchlings, so it just makes no sense in adding more features unable to be enjoyed by players that love their existing dragons.

Perhaps the only eye type I wouldn't want to become a vial is Primal. Good looking Primal-eyed dragons have been pretty consistent in price (but take that with a grain of salt, some prices can be insane), and have upheld their rarity...although on that same note, I know the frustrations of not being able to get those eyes on irreplaceable dragons. For those people angry about those eyes just as I am with every other type, I support Primal vials too--but with the exception that vials for it only drop during festivals.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
@Illiobillium *claps* Honestly I was wanting to say something similar but you said it so much better than I could.
I love the points you bring up too.
@Illiobillium *claps* Honestly I was wanting to say something similar but you said it so much better than I could.
I love the points you bring up too.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
support. i've loved the site for a while and this is such a cool concept, but it's not at its full potential and it bothers me.
support. i've loved the site for a while and this is such a cool concept, but it's not at its full potential and it bothers me.
FR + 0 - pls click them! ->kQZmp1.pngoTPou1.pngt3UMx1.pngunknown.png
I was feeling at a loss as to what to suggest to fix these issues because it seems like a lose-lose situation (if scattersights are brought back, people who have been spending tons of money on them in the AH by now will be upset--if they're not, everyone will just keep getting more frustrated), but these are great ideas! I think that having vials for the various types, even with the rarest being extremely difficult to obtain, is better than an RNG (and now locked-out) system.

I understand wanting to breathe life into the breeding system, but I don't think that has to be necessarily exclusive to new dragons. In my opinion, new eye types are exciting to look for in hatchlings regardless.
I was feeling at a loss as to what to suggest to fix these issues because it seems like a lose-lose situation (if scattersights are brought back, people who have been spending tons of money on them in the AH by now will be upset--if they're not, everyone will just keep getting more frustrated), but these are great ideas! I think that having vials for the various types, even with the rarest being extremely difficult to obtain, is better than an RNG (and now locked-out) system.

I understand wanting to breathe life into the breeding system, but I don't think that has to be necessarily exclusive to new dragons. In my opinion, new eye types are exciting to look for in hatchlings regardless.
a1f80d3732a26eb2d3a0a0fc3cb161fa078301cd.png
Fletcher/ Kin | FR+1:00
any pronouns

Hatchery || Playlist Shop
Wishlist || IG
Welp. Just gonna repeat what I said in the update threas.

Quote:
I really like swirl, and I am happy that we are getting new eye types that are accessible in vial form.

Natural eye types are still not a good idea. They are not something one can quest for in a reasonable time frame, such as an eye that comes from rare coli drops or baldwin. They are something that locks dragon customization behind unnecessary RNG, something the community has expressed distaste for over and over.

Not to mention the fact that goat eyes are 100% inaccessible on old dragons. If you want goat on your progens, or any sentimental/special ID/birthday dragons, I guess you're SOL for now.

Like, I don't even like goat and have no desire for it within my lair, but it seriously sucks that all of the 50 million dragons that now exist on this site have no chance of getting it. This is even worse than the scattervial fiasco, and I am still angry about that!

This also recognizes my fear of even more future natural eye types. Like, imagine that you spent a while breeding for the perfect dragon, with the eyes you wanted and everything, and then a year down the road there is an even better eye type released and you have to start over. That is immensely frustrating to think of.
Welp. Just gonna repeat what I said in the update threas.

Quote:
I really like swirl, and I am happy that we are getting new eye types that are accessible in vial form.

Natural eye types are still not a good idea. They are not something one can quest for in a reasonable time frame, such as an eye that comes from rare coli drops or baldwin. They are something that locks dragon customization behind unnecessary RNG, something the community has expressed distaste for over and over.

Not to mention the fact that goat eyes are 100% inaccessible on old dragons. If you want goat on your progens, or any sentimental/special ID/birthday dragons, I guess you're SOL for now.

Like, I don't even like goat and have no desire for it within my lair, but it seriously sucks that all of the 50 million dragons that now exist on this site have no chance of getting it. This is even worse than the scattervial fiasco, and I am still angry about that!

This also recognizes my fear of even more future natural eye types. Like, imagine that you spent a while breeding for the perfect dragon, with the eyes you wanted and everything, and then a year down the road there is an even better eye type released and you have to start over. That is immensely frustrating to think of.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 111 112