Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gay Dragons
1 2 3 4 5
I have two gay dragons in my lair - Alexander and Oran. Their babies would look absolutely stunning, but gay couples aren't exactly a thing here. I was thinking that maybe we could make it possible to have two dragons of the same sex - two males or two females - to have some babies.

Like, obviously they would have a bit of trouble, so the chances of having more eggs would probably lower considerably, and maybe even take more time to incubate.

#Gaydragonsfor2018
I have two gay dragons in my lair - Alexander and Oran. Their babies would look absolutely stunning, but gay couples aren't exactly a thing here. I was thinking that maybe we could make it possible to have two dragons of the same sex - two males or two females - to have some babies.

Like, obviously they would have a bit of trouble, so the chances of having more eggs would probably lower considerably, and maybe even take more time to incubate.

#Gaydragonsfor2018
This makes no sense, tho. It'd be physically impossible if both bodies were the same sex? But if one for example had a female body but a male pose, and the other was a male with a male pose, why not.

Supporting pose-change scroll.
This makes no sense, tho. It'd be physically impossible if both bodies were the same sex? But if one for example had a female body but a male pose, and the other was a male with a male pose, why not.

Supporting pose-change scroll.
66MHIIb.png
This couldn't work thanks to the way the site is coded to show father first and then mother, and we can already do this by writing into dragon's bio that they are for example a male instead of the female sex shown on their stats.

I would 100% support pose change scrolls, but not this.
This couldn't work thanks to the way the site is coded to show father first and then mother, and we can already do this by writing into dragon's bio that they are for example a male instead of the female sex shown on their stats.

I would 100% support pose change scrolls, but not this.
I'm +10H ahead of FR time!
Replies may be slow, so sorry ;w;
No support

I think this type of thing has been rejected before for having the ability to completely crash the breeding economy of the game and I agree.

Though I think you might like this thread.
No support

I think this type of thing has been rejected before for having the ability to completely crash the breeding economy of the game and I agree.

Though I think you might like this thread.
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
I can't exactly use that on my current pair since they're both males and I can't make one of them a female then get the post-swapping scroll since it doesn't exist yet, but whatever. I suppose you're all right. Maybe I can have them adopt or something.
I can't exactly use that on my current pair since they're both males and I can't make one of them a female then get the post-swapping scroll since it doesn't exist yet, but whatever. I suppose you're all right. Maybe I can have them adopt or something.
You're totally free to have gay or other GSM dragons. Nothing at all stopping you :D

We don't think that two dragons of the same sex should be able to reproduce through site mechanics since it would double the breeding pool and probably require a full rewite of the breeding system.

You could find some gen 1 dragons to be their children, or find a similar/identical female, give it the same name and say he's male. A different pose and a venus symbol don't have to mean female in your lore if you don't want it to.

Though why would they obviously have more trouble? If nothing has to 100% make sense why couldn't they make babies just as easily as a male and a female?
You're totally free to have gay or other GSM dragons. Nothing at all stopping you :D

We don't think that two dragons of the same sex should be able to reproduce through site mechanics since it would double the breeding pool and probably require a full rewite of the breeding system.

You could find some gen 1 dragons to be their children, or find a similar/identical female, give it the same name and say he's male. A different pose and a venus symbol don't have to mean female in your lore if you don't want it to.

Though why would they obviously have more trouble? If nothing has to 100% make sense why couldn't they make babies just as easily as a male and a female?
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
[quote name="Lonin" date="2018-09-01 09:38:22" ] You're totally free to have gay or other GSM dragons. Nothing at all stopping you :D We don't think that two dragons of the same sex should be able to reproduce through site mechanics since it would double the breeding pool and probably require a full rewite of the breeding system. You could find some gen 1 dragons to be their children, or find a similar/identical female, give it the same name and say he's male. A different pose and a venus symbol don't have to mean female in your lore if you don't want it to. Though why would they obviously have more trouble? If nothing has to 100% make sense why couldn't they make babies just as easily as a male and a female? [/quote] What was going through my mind then was that even if nothing does make 100% sense, it would be too easy if they could breed just as well as a male and female.
Lonin wrote on 2018-09-01 09:38:22:

What was going through my mind then was that even if nothing does make 100% sense, it would be too easy if they could breed just as well as a male and female.
So...this would mean any dragon could breed with any other non-related dragon on site? What would be the point of even having male or female? As it is now, all M/F determines is pose and which 50% of the site it can breed with. Take away the latter, and we might as well do away with the labels male and female all together. Just call them "pose 1" and "pose 2," institute the pose change scroll, and let players choose if their dragons are male/female/other.
So...this would mean any dragon could breed with any other non-related dragon on site? What would be the point of even having male or female? As it is now, all M/F determines is pose and which 50% of the site it can breed with. Take away the latter, and we might as well do away with the labels male and female all together. Just call them "pose 1" and "pose 2," institute the pose change scroll, and let players choose if their dragons are male/female/other.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I find suggestions of this type low-key offensive, because it always makes it sound like a gay couple can't be a ~*real couple*~ unless they can produce children, which is a really, really awful thing to say.

It also makes no sense for the game.

You need (biologically) male and female dragons (don't even mention those damned snakes, these dragons aren't those things) to produce eggs. If you allow same-sex breeding, it sort of kills the point of having sexes in the first place.

So no, no support. Sorry.
I find suggestions of this type low-key offensive, because it always makes it sound like a gay couple can't be a ~*real couple*~ unless they can produce children, which is a really, really awful thing to say.

It also makes no sense for the game.

You need (biologically) male and female dragons (don't even mention those damned snakes, these dragons aren't those things) to produce eggs. If you allow same-sex breeding, it sort of kills the point of having sexes in the first place.

So no, no support. Sorry.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
No support.

Adoption (hatching from found eggs) is an option that doesn't require massive site rewrites and works fine with existing site lore. So does the dragon pair choosing to involve a third party to act as a surrogate parent for them.
No support.

Adoption (hatching from found eggs) is an option that doesn't require massive site rewrites and works fine with existing site lore. So does the dragon pair choosing to involve a third party to act as a surrogate parent for them.

Available at cost to Plague flight members.
1 2 3 4 5