Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gay Dragons
1 2 3 4 5
@Rainfrog

I totally understand, it's all good. Sometimes my wording isn't quite right, no hard feelings :)
@Rainfrog

I totally understand, it's all good. Sometimes my wording isn't quite right, no hard feelings :)
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
Maybe not reproducing would be possible for same sex couple dragons but you certainly could have G1's like mentioned be their offspring or even perma babies and unhatched eggs!
Maybe not reproducing would be possible for same sex couple dragons but you certainly could have G1's like mentioned be their offspring or even perma babies and unhatched eggs!
UZVTEBc.png
RE: The magic. Just because there is magic doesn't mean that everything is or should be possible. It is possible that the magics of male and female dragons are different, and that the magic required to lay eggs and fertilize them requires both male and female magics.

Magic should have rules just like everything else. Magic should not be a free for all where everything that isn't logical/possible/whatever is allowed with the tag 'but! MAGIC!'

On a more practical side: No support.

This is something that should have been introduced with the site. There are basically only two restrictions that determine which dragon can breed with which dragon. Those are relationship and sex. Removing one of those restrictions is not, at least in my opinion, in the best interest of the game.

Many players already complain that there is a horrid dragon economy because the vast majority of dragons sell for fodder prices. Only 'niche' dragons tend to sell for above fodder price (and I am not just talking about 20K or so dragons, I am talking about 100K+ dragons).

This would simply mean that there are that many more potential partners in the world making it easier to do projects etc.. This would also mean that there would be a great many more offspring since players would now breed their same sex pairs, who previously would never have been bred.

If this was something that had been introdcued with the site, the admins could have implemented different restrictions than they have now, retaining the challenge in some way and providing a slight buffer to the number of dragons brought into the site.

Since it wasn't implemented, I feel that it is too late now, because in order to enact more or different requirements, it would probably mean doing something about existing dragons: they are an infinite resource, they don't die, they don't go infertile. They can breed indefinitely. (and I have just lost my train of thought and I am very tired). The admins would have to make sure that either there are more dragons going out (which is pretty difficult unless they make something like dragon death a reality) or restrict the number of dragons coming in (fewer eggs per nest, bring back egg rot etc..)
RE: The magic. Just because there is magic doesn't mean that everything is or should be possible. It is possible that the magics of male and female dragons are different, and that the magic required to lay eggs and fertilize them requires both male and female magics.

Magic should have rules just like everything else. Magic should not be a free for all where everything that isn't logical/possible/whatever is allowed with the tag 'but! MAGIC!'

On a more practical side: No support.

This is something that should have been introduced with the site. There are basically only two restrictions that determine which dragon can breed with which dragon. Those are relationship and sex. Removing one of those restrictions is not, at least in my opinion, in the best interest of the game.

Many players already complain that there is a horrid dragon economy because the vast majority of dragons sell for fodder prices. Only 'niche' dragons tend to sell for above fodder price (and I am not just talking about 20K or so dragons, I am talking about 100K+ dragons).

This would simply mean that there are that many more potential partners in the world making it easier to do projects etc.. This would also mean that there would be a great many more offspring since players would now breed their same sex pairs, who previously would never have been bred.

If this was something that had been introdcued with the site, the admins could have implemented different restrictions than they have now, retaining the challenge in some way and providing a slight buffer to the number of dragons brought into the site.

Since it wasn't implemented, I feel that it is too late now, because in order to enact more or different requirements, it would probably mean doing something about existing dragons: they are an infinite resource, they don't die, they don't go infertile. They can breed indefinitely. (and I have just lost my train of thought and I am very tired). The admins would have to make sure that either there are more dragons going out (which is pretty difficult unless they make something like dragon death a reality) or restrict the number of dragons coming in (fewer eggs per nest, bring back egg rot etc..)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support. I have gay dragons in my lair too, but I feel that in order to keep the realism of breeding and genetics in this game it's best to keep same sex dragons incompatible with each other just like in real life. Successfully procreating with same sex dragons would defeat the purpose of having the opposite around. It would take away the challenge of breeding projects as well. I just feel that this just doesn't make sense to Flight Rising, or anything for that matter.
No support. I have gay dragons in my lair too, but I feel that in order to keep the realism of breeding and genetics in this game it's best to keep same sex dragons incompatible with each other just like in real life. Successfully procreating with same sex dragons would defeat the purpose of having the opposite around. It would take away the challenge of breeding projects as well. I just feel that this just doesn't make sense to Flight Rising, or anything for that matter.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
No support. This is a game and a breeding game. Physically same sex couples cannot procreate.

This also makes the breeding aspect way too easy.

I have a same sex couple but obvs they couldnt ever have a biological kid.
No support. This is a game and a breeding game. Physically same sex couples cannot procreate.

This also makes the breeding aspect way too easy.

I have a same sex couple but obvs they couldnt ever have a biological kid.
jfLmvwf.jpg
No support.

If the female had a male Pose, like Cutiepaws mentioned, it would be ok. But otherwise it doesnt make sense whether here or in real life. They can still be a couple and you can write lore to them :)
No support.

If the female had a male Pose, like Cutiepaws mentioned, it would be ok. But otherwise it doesnt make sense whether here or in real life. They can still be a couple and you can write lore to them :)
QmA8loc.gif HMjulZ.jpg NywvZd5.gif
I found it to be a huge opportunity for lore. Jett and Micaela are gay and cannot have their own clutches. Lucky is agender/aromantic but their magic is compatible to create a nest with either Micaela or Jett as they choose.

No support for same gender breeding for many of the reasons previously stated.
I found it to be a huge opportunity for lore. Jett and Micaela are gay and cannot have their own clutches. Lucky is agender/aromantic but their magic is compatible to create a nest with either Micaela or Jett as they choose.

No support for same gender breeding for many of the reasons previously stated.
Stuff will one day go here.
Hatch an unhatched egg and put in its bio that it's the offspring of the dragons oyu want it to be the offspring of :D
Hatch an unhatched egg and put in its bio that it's the offspring of the dragons oyu want it to be the offspring of :D
Yes! I have a gay couple in my lair, and it would be possible! Every buddy knows that
dragons mate by booping.
Yes! I have a gay couple in my lair, and it would be possible! Every buddy knows that
dragons mate by booping.
no support mainly since it'd mean the staff has to recode the entire breeding system even if they were to introduce an item just for that purpose. It'd also defeat the purpose of having male and female dragons.

And I agree with greyjoy suggestions like these seem to low key implies that some couples aren't 'real' couples unless they are able to produce kids... yikes tm

I would support however some sort of adoption system for g1 dragons that allows you to list 2 dragons as its parents. Granted you can also put it in the bio box but it'd be a neat thing if you ask me

no support mainly since it'd mean the staff has to recode the entire breeding system even if they were to introduce an item just for that purpose. It'd also defeat the purpose of having male and female dragons.

And I agree with greyjoy suggestions like these seem to low key implies that some couples aren't 'real' couples unless they are able to produce kids... yikes tm

I would support however some sort of adoption system for g1 dragons that allows you to list 2 dragons as its parents. Granted you can also put it in the bio box but it'd be a neat thing if you ask me

DVcXRyP.png
1 2 3 4 5