Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Gay Dragons
1 2 3 4 5
no support, I am gay and married myself.
this would require so much overhaul for the team - and it just does not make sense.
no support, I am gay and married myself.
this would require so much overhaul for the team - and it just does not make sense.
No support due to too much coding and the market being doubled with dragons which may throw everything off. I personally think this is one of those things that just isn’t necessary. Maybe say that your dragons adopted or used a surrogate if you’d like them to have babies for lore purposes? Cool idea though! :)
No support due to too much coding and the market being doubled with dragons which may throw everything off. I personally think this is one of those things that just isn’t necessary. Maybe say that your dragons adopted or used a surrogate if you’d like them to have babies for lore purposes? Cool idea though! :)
smJE8OK.jpg
No support, sorry!

Having two cis male dragons have biological children just doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Having gay dragons where one of them is trans is perfectly doable, however! And as others have mentioned, adoption or hatching a gen 1 dragon would do just fine.
No support, sorry!

Having two cis male dragons have biological children just doesn't make an awful lot of sense. Having gay dragons where one of them is trans is perfectly doable, however! And as others have mentioned, adoption or hatching a gen 1 dragon would do just fine.
677fd66ff5b1d302249c98d4a1eb713daa76e28e.gif

8b02ad3c65b6b4b87011423eae92aa9999ab549f.gif
I support gay dragons completely. I have two pairs of lesbians- Valerie and Juliet, and Charodei and Vidente.

I don’t support them being able to breed. In real life, gay couples cannot have children together. Why should we make it different? It’s quite pointless and really makes no sense.
I support gay dragons completely. I have two pairs of lesbians- Valerie and Juliet, and Charodei and Vidente.

I don’t support them being able to breed. In real life, gay couples cannot have children together. Why should we make it different? It’s quite pointless and really makes no sense.
Bottled Embers Vial of Mysterious Toxin
heather | 16 | she-her | pisces
wishlist | about me | dragon projects
please read this before messaging me
I think everyone is making good points, but I'm erring on the side of gay couples. I mean, there is already enough magic to make faes breed with ridgebacks (https://78.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png), so why can't we have this?
I think everyone is making good points, but I'm erring on the side of gay couples. I mean, there is already enough magic to make faes breed with ridgebacks (https://78.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png), so why can't we have this?
[quote name="Tintagel" date="2020-02-14 05:58:57" ] I think everyone is making good points, but I'm erring on the side of gay couples. I mean, there is already enough magic to make faes breed with ridgebacks (https://78.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png), so why can't we have this? [/quote] The difference is the site saying "okay, breed1 and breed2 are paired. RNG for each kid being breed1 or breed2" versus "let's rewrite the code for a major feature of the site and change the entire way the breeding system has functioned since 2013." The site doesn't care what size a fae and a ridgeback are or how weird it must be to mate them up, it's just seeing them as two different breeds that have a percent chance to show up as kids. In lore, faes and ridgebacks may have enough magic to breed together, but in the real world where we're all just playing dragon neopets, it's very non-magic code that makes it happen! :P I'm all for a pose change scroll, for allowing gay couples to have bio kids, making trans dragons, and also just being able to pick a new pose for all dragons. But recoding the breeding mechanics seems like fundamentally altering what the site is.
Tintagel wrote on 2020-02-14 05:58:57:

The difference is the site saying
"okay, breed1 and breed2 are paired. RNG for each kid being breed1 or breed2"
versus
"let's rewrite the code for a major feature of the site and change the entire way the breeding system has functioned since 2013."

The site doesn't care what size a fae and a ridgeback are or how weird it must be to mate them up, it's just seeing them as two different breeds that have a percent chance to show up as kids.

In lore, faes and ridgebacks may have enough magic to breed together, but in the real world where we're all just playing dragon neopets, it's very non-magic code that makes it happen! :P

I'm all for a pose change scroll, for allowing gay couples to have bio kids, making trans dragons, and also just being able to pick a new pose for all dragons.

But recoding the breeding mechanics seems like fundamentally altering what the site is.
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
I don’t support letting gay dragons having kids of their own (because it would take away the challenge of breeding, but I REALLY support the idea of a pose-change scroll. I think it would most likely be a market gemplace item. That way, nothing about the game would be changed except people who like one pose but can’t stand the other would be able to get dragons of that physical gender (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to use the proper terminology on Flight Rising).

Edit: I forgot to put words.
I don’t support letting gay dragons having kids of their own (because it would take away the challenge of breeding, but I REALLY support the idea of a pose-change scroll. I think it would most likely be a market gemplace item. That way, nothing about the game would be changed except people who like one pose but can’t stand the other would be able to get dragons of that physical gender (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to use the proper terminology on Flight Rising).

Edit: I forgot to put words.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
@WolfByte

It depends on if it is something that is not PG and the context. For example, plenty of people use the term sex here, which is fine. Similarly, the word hell may be used but other forms of more traditional profanity (hell being an outlier because it's not entirely a profane word on its own, and likely because it can refer to a place in mythologies) are not. Hopefully that cleared things up for you!

Anyway, no support for the suggestion. As plenty of others have stated, this could seriously break the coding. I have no qualms with gay couples and have plenty of gay/bisexual/lesbian characters outside of FR alongside being bisexual myself. However, this was not something from the start of FR and I think the primary reasoning is that it would make a breeding game much less of a challenge than it is likely supposed to be. If everything can breed with everything, why have genders in the first place?
@WolfByte

It depends on if it is something that is not PG and the context. For example, plenty of people use the term sex here, which is fine. Similarly, the word hell may be used but other forms of more traditional profanity (hell being an outlier because it's not entirely a profane word on its own, and likely because it can refer to a place in mythologies) are not. Hopefully that cleared things up for you!

Anyway, no support for the suggestion. As plenty of others have stated, this could seriously break the coding. I have no qualms with gay couples and have plenty of gay/bisexual/lesbian characters outside of FR alongside being bisexual myself. However, this was not something from the start of FR and I think the primary reasoning is that it would make a breeding game much less of a challenge than it is likely supposed to be. If everything can breed with everything, why have genders in the first place?
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2020-02-14 06:32:06" ] [quote name="Tintagel" date="2020-02-14 05:58:57" ] I think everyone is making good points, but I'm erring on the side of gay couples. I mean, there is already enough magic to make faes breed with ridgebacks (https://78.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png), so why can't we have this? [/quote] The difference is the site saying "okay, breed1 and breed2 are paired. RNG for each kid being breed1 or breed2" versus "let's rewrite the code for a major feature of the site and change the entire way the breeding system has functioned since 2013." The site doesn't care what size a fae and a ridgeback are or how weird it must be to mate them up, it's just seeing them as two different breeds that have a percent chance to show up as kids. In lore, faes and ridgebacks may have enough magic to breed together, but in the real world where we're all just playing dragon neopets, it's very non-magic code that makes it happen! :P I'm all for a pose change scroll, for allowing gay couples to have bio kids, making trans dragons, and also just being able to pick a new pose for all dragons. But recoding the breeding mechanics seems like fundamentally altering what the site is. [/quote] Not to mention, even if dragons do breed by magic (which I feel they would have to) it doesn't mean that there aren't small differences between a female's and male's magic that requires one of each sex to produce viable eggs. So it doesn't necessarily follow that just because a Fae and Imperial can breed (believe imperials are the largest breed?) that same sex dragons must be able to breed as well. However, I am in favor of a pose change scroll so that you can have the appearance of same sex breeding, but without the required huge change to the breeding mechanics, as well as it being useful for a lot of other things as well.
clockworkMoose wrote on 2020-02-14 06:32:06:

The difference is the site saying
"okay, breed1 and breed2 are paired. RNG for each kid being breed1 or breed2"
versus
"let's rewrite the code for a major feature of the site and change the entire way the breeding system has functioned since 2013."

The site doesn't care what size a fae and a ridgeback are or how weird it must be to mate them up, it's just seeing them as two different breeds that have a percent chance to show up as kids.

In lore, faes and ridgebacks may have enough magic to breed together, but in the real world where we're all just playing dragon neopets, it's very non-magic code that makes it happen! :P

I'm all for a pose change scroll, for allowing gay couples to have bio kids, making trans dragons, and also just being able to pick a new pose for all dragons.

But recoding the breeding mechanics seems like fundamentally altering what the site is.
Not to mention, even if dragons do breed by magic (which I feel they would have to) it doesn't mean that there aren't small differences between a female's and male's magic that requires one of each sex to produce viable eggs. So it doesn't necessarily follow that just because a Fae and Imperial can breed (believe imperials are the largest breed?) that same sex dragons must be able to breed as well.

However, I am in favor of a pose change scroll so that you can have the appearance of same sex breeding, but without the required huge change to the breeding mechanics, as well as it being useful for a lot of other things as well.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Tintagel" date="2020-02-14 05:58:57" ] I think everyone is making good points, but I'm erring on the side of gay couples. I mean, there is already enough magic to make faes breed with ridgebacks (https://78.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png), so why can't we have this? [/quote] Implying that the only way a non-heterosexual couple is valid is by having children makes me EXTREMELY uncomfortable. You don't need to be able to produce children to be a couple, if you want your dragons to be a gay couple, write it in their bio.
Implying that the only way a non-heterosexual couple is valid is by having children makes me EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

You don't need to be able to produce children to be a couple, if you want your dragons to be a gay couple, write it in their bio.
1 2 3 4 5