Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 151 152
@Aequorin hey!! i just wanted to let you know the fire multi-gaze on baby bogsneaks is discolored! [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=145&bodygene=0&breed=14&element=11&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=167&tertgene=6&winggene=2&wings=170&auth=4d5a27aa2829ca011ef249fd7c2aa2caee82d5d4&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@Aequorin

hey!! i just wanted to let you know the fire multi-gaze on baby bogsneaks is discolored!
dragon?age=0&body=145&bodygene=0&breed=14&element=11&eyetype=5&gender=0&tert=167&tertgene=6&winggene=2&wings=170&auth=4d5a27aa2829ca011ef249fd7c2aa2caee82d5d4&dummyext=prev.png
sig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngColi_Grinding_Banner.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngWishlist.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png6EYpa34.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.pngsig_divide.png
@WhoGroovesOn

I agree with the fact that the eye scrolls are retired sucks. I had a super busy weekend myself. I want Rare eyes for one of my existing dragons, but I'm nervous to use up my scrolls because once they're gone, they're gone. I know it'll never realistically happen, but eventually there won't be any more vials and that'll be the end of it.

I'd say if they don't bring back the vials, it'd be nice if you could buy scrolls like you can buy the Glowing eyes.

I think the eyes are cool, but they'll effect a project of mine majorly until the common eye scroll comes out, then I'll likely have to buy a lot of them.

The thing about it is that if they didn't release the vials, tons of people would have complained that their old dragons wouldn't be able to have the new eyes, so the vials would have to be released at some point anyway.

I look forward to new eyes myself. It'll be interesting to see where staff takes it in the future.
@WhoGroovesOn

I agree with the fact that the eye scrolls are retired sucks. I had a super busy weekend myself. I want Rare eyes for one of my existing dragons, but I'm nervous to use up my scrolls because once they're gone, they're gone. I know it'll never realistically happen, but eventually there won't be any more vials and that'll be the end of it.

I'd say if they don't bring back the vials, it'd be nice if you could buy scrolls like you can buy the Glowing eyes.

I think the eyes are cool, but they'll effect a project of mine majorly until the common eye scroll comes out, then I'll likely have to buy a lot of them.

The thing about it is that if they didn't release the vials, tons of people would have complained that their old dragons wouldn't be able to have the new eyes, so the vials would have to be released at some point anyway.

I look forward to new eyes myself. It'll be interesting to see where staff takes it in the future.
dlJsEIj.png
@Nitewulf The problem with the existing breeding system is that everything can be reproduced. Yes, I see that as a problem, because it ensures nothing, no gene or combination, remains desirable for very long.

I don't mind the existence of a factor that works outside of this, and can't be controlled by the users. In fact, I'm happy to see it, because it means there's a cool thing that won't be selling at fodder prices by the end of the month. It's something that may remain special for a very long time. Imagine, offspring with the same intrinsic value as nice G1s. My progens could produce a hatchling somebody will think is cool, and actually keep and treasure, even though they produce obsidian metallic/petals and that's so several years ago.

I can understand being frustrated you can't easily breed one of the crazy eye types, but as commons and tints can still be reliably produced... breeding projects have not changed very much from how they were before. Especially if a revert-to-common scroll is in the works. There is just a new thing that you cannot reliably breed for.

Just treat getting a primal from your perfect pairs the same way you'd treat getting the perfect tricolor/gender match out of a pair with somewhat varying colors.
@Nitewulf The problem with the existing breeding system is that everything can be reproduced. Yes, I see that as a problem, because it ensures nothing, no gene or combination, remains desirable for very long.

I don't mind the existence of a factor that works outside of this, and can't be controlled by the users. In fact, I'm happy to see it, because it means there's a cool thing that won't be selling at fodder prices by the end of the month. It's something that may remain special for a very long time. Imagine, offspring with the same intrinsic value as nice G1s. My progens could produce a hatchling somebody will think is cool, and actually keep and treasure, even though they produce obsidian metallic/petals and that's so several years ago.

I can understand being frustrated you can't easily breed one of the crazy eye types, but as commons and tints can still be reliably produced... breeding projects have not changed very much from how they were before. Especially if a revert-to-common scroll is in the works. There is just a new thing that you cannot reliably breed for.

Just treat getting a primal from your perfect pairs the same way you'd treat getting the perfect tricolor/gender match out of a pair with somewhat varying colors.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
So, will eggs that we hatch from now on have a chance to have scatter sight eyes?
So, will eggs that we hatch from now on have a chance to have scatter sight eyes?
[quote name="RosieHawk" date="2018-06-12 12:21:02" ] So, will eggs that we hatch from now on have a chance to have scatter sight eyes? [/quote] Yes. All new hatches since 6/8 have had the chance to get the new eyes. I've hatched a few clutches with unusual/rare, and hatched a random egg with Faceted.
RosieHawk wrote on 2018-06-12 12:21:02:
Yes. All new hatches since 6/8 have had the chance to get the new eyes. I've hatched a few clutches with unusual/rare, and hatched a random egg with Faceted.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
[quote name="humanityxpeople" date="2018-06-12 12:15:57" ] The thing about it is that if they didn't release the vials, tons of people would have complained that their old dragons wouldn't be able to have the new eyes, so the vials would have to be released at some point anyway. [/quote] I would have greatly preferred they did not release any sort of scatter vial and instead released purchasable or brewable or tradeable or gatherable or droppable scrolls/vials that would be available forever and able to change existing dragon eyes to the new types without any sort of RNG element involved.
humanityxpeople wrote on 2018-06-12 12:15:57:

I would have greatly preferred they did not release any sort of scatter vial and instead released purchasable or brewable or tradeable or gatherable or droppable scrolls/vials that would be available forever and able to change existing dragon eyes to the new types without any sort of RNG element involved.

im incredibly grateful for a “hey, we’re taking notes!” type of post. It makes a whole lot of different and did encourage me that you ARE listening. im still vaguely uneasy we haven’t gotten any real answers we seem to be clamoring for, but, again, you’re taking steps in the right direction! so im going to restate some questions and concerns i has before, since it was waaaay way back there on page 26 haha
  1. will there be a way for users physically uncomfortable with some aspects of the update to switch it off somehow?
  2. will multi gaze be updated or changed to adjust to different breeds, flights (some colors are off), and NOT be a copy-paste job?
  3. are missing irises and scelera a bug or a feature?
  4. will we be getting the original, five-year-old eyes back, since the community was happy with them, and now lots of older dragons are different, in often very noticeable ways?

i probably have more questions but this is all i can remember right at this moment, and i have to get back to work now hah. but again, thanks for saying you’re listening. It goes such a long way, i promise
im incredibly grateful for a “hey, we’re taking notes!” type of post. It makes a whole lot of different and did encourage me that you ARE listening. im still vaguely uneasy we haven’t gotten any real answers we seem to be clamoring for, but, again, you’re taking steps in the right direction! so im going to restate some questions and concerns i has before, since it was waaaay way back there on page 26 haha
  1. will there be a way for users physically uncomfortable with some aspects of the update to switch it off somehow?
  2. will multi gaze be updated or changed to adjust to different breeds, flights (some colors are off), and NOT be a copy-paste job?
  3. are missing irises and scelera a bug or a feature?
  4. will we be getting the original, five-year-old eyes back, since the community was happy with them, and now lots of older dragons are different, in often very noticeable ways?

i probably have more questions but this is all i can remember right at this moment, and i have to get back to work now hah. but again, thanks for saying you’re listening. It goes such a long way, i promise
deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e.gif
[ kinvi | 21 | they/them | fr+3 (est) ]
[ hatchery | commission me | wishlist/projects | clan lore ]
[ fr tumblr ]

trick_small.pngfood_miniature_potash_fruit_by_dogi_crimson-daejr0n.giffood_wisp_fruit_by_dogi_crimson-dadu8mc.giftrick_small.png
19082321_deity_flamecaller_by_dogi_crimson-da7kf8e_otherway.gif
[quote name="Avarice" date="2018-06-11 23:36:35" ] [quote name="felinekind" date="2018-06-11 23:28:03" ] my main issue with this whole event was that we were given a very tight time restraint to try and rush and get items that had an abysmally low chance at giving us, the players, the things shown and hyped at us i personally work a full time job and had very little free time to try and brew/coli grind for vials, and when i realized the eyes i was aiming for had a 1% or less chance of even appearing i was immediately dishearted i have years worth of dragons i've kept, and i knew i wasn't going to be able to even remotely get near the 100+ vials per dragon i would probably need and even then hope for the best that rng would cooperate i also know that this site was built around the idea of a breeding sim, which is really great and all, but, with older players, our lairs may already be full, we may be gen one lairs, we may only want to focus on lore, or whatever the reason may not want to use the breeding functions of the site while this is a great feature to the newer player base, but what about the people who stayed for these last five years? [/quote] I'm beyond baffled at the entitlement of players who think every new feature should automatically be available to all existing dragons just because they've been here a long time. It reminds me a lot of the anger around retired early festival items. I don't get why, in any game, you should just expect to be able to retroactively apply any feature you want to every dragon you want. It makes no sense. Anyway, it's already been confirmed that new eye items are coming. You might not be able to get primal on old dragons, but I'm sure the eventual fifty different unnatural eye types that will no doubt be released (if the collection of genes is anything to go by) will meet your needs. [/quote] ^^^^^^^^^
Avarice wrote on 2018-06-11 23:36:35:
felinekind wrote on 2018-06-11 23:28:03:
my main issue with this whole event was that we were given a very tight time restraint to try and rush and get items that had an abysmally low chance at giving us, the players, the things shown and hyped at us

i personally work a full time job and had very little free time to try and brew/coli grind for vials, and when i realized the eyes i was aiming for had a 1% or less chance of even appearing i was immediately dishearted
i have years worth of dragons i've kept, and i knew i wasn't going to be able to even remotely get near the 100+ vials per dragon i would probably need and even then hope for the best that rng would cooperate

i also know that this site was built around the idea of a breeding sim, which is really great and all, but, with older players, our lairs may already be full, we may be gen one lairs, we may only want to focus on lore, or whatever the reason may not want to use the breeding functions of the site

while this is a great feature to the newer player base, but what about the people who stayed for these last five years?

I'm beyond baffled at the entitlement of players who think every new feature should automatically be available to all existing dragons just because they've been here a long time. It reminds me a lot of the anger around retired early festival items. I don't get why, in any game, you should just expect to be able to retroactively apply any feature you want to every dragon you want. It makes no sense.

Anyway, it's already been confirmed that new eye items are coming. You might not be able to get primal on old dragons, but I'm sure the eventual fifty different unnatural eye types that will no doubt be released (if the collection of genes is anything to go by) will meet your needs.

^^^^^^^^^
uWKmYMk.jpg sykEOD9.jpg
[quote name="@Laluzi" date="2018-06-12 12:18:49" ] @/Nitewulf The problem with the existing breeding system is that everything can be reproduced. Yes, I see that as a problem, because it ensures nothing, no gene or combination, remains desirable for very long.[/quote] So then why are you playing a Breeding game instead of a Capitalism and Investment Simulator? There's a handful of good ones on Steam I can recommend you. :D
@Laluzi wrote on 2018-06-12 12:18:49:
@/Nitewulf The problem with the existing breeding system is that everything can be reproduced. Yes, I see that as a problem, because it ensures nothing, no gene or combination, remains desirable for very long.

So then why are you playing a Breeding game instead of a Capitalism and Investment Simulator? There's a handful of good ones on Steam I can recommend you. :D
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/zAa0HUo.jpg[/img]
zAa0HUo.jpg

uWKmYMk.jpg sykEOD9.jpg
1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 151 152