Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | *pokes update with 60 ft pole*
1 2
That sounds terrible @RainyRose. :/
That sounds terrible @RainyRose. :/
JGnDE4d.gif
So, it seems to me like everyone wants to give you the polite watered-down version. A more detailed play-by-play went something like this:
  1. The staff release the update as it is.
  2. Users are generally excited, but baffled and upset by the short time limit for grinding the perma-retiring vials.
  3. A few users notice the changes to common eyes and are now miffed about the staff not addressing this change at all, when the last visual change to existing dragons was warned months in advance.
  4. The longer people grind/play/refresh their dragons, the more the general populous starts to critique the update for various reasons. Most politely and in sheer confusion, but some did get too heated. It's still very mild.
  5. Some users who don't mind the update find people voicing their complaints unreasonable and start insulting everyone who is unhappy, calling people with phobias "whiny crybabies", among other things. A few people stand up to them and this causes the arguments which caused the first lock. The staff was silent until the first lock.
  6. The staff addresses some of the complaints after the lock. The explanation for the common eye changes is given, and they emphasize that they won't tolerate vitriol, but they stand their ground on perma-retiring vials and warn everyone of a perma-lock.
  7. Surprise, people are still unhappy. Some even more so now with their response. More of the same arguments occur, so the thread is, unsurprisingly, perma-locked.

EDIT: I'm not trying to insinuate anyone else is bad for giving you a shorthand explanation, but it is far from the full picture. Users on both ends of the argument and even the staff with their radio silence up until they put the thread on time-out all contributed to how bad it got, directly or indirectly. Painting it as "People who didn't like eyes got upset" is just misleading.
So, it seems to me like everyone wants to give you the polite watered-down version. A more detailed play-by-play went something like this:
  1. The staff release the update as it is.
  2. Users are generally excited, but baffled and upset by the short time limit for grinding the perma-retiring vials.
  3. A few users notice the changes to common eyes and are now miffed about the staff not addressing this change at all, when the last visual change to existing dragons was warned months in advance.
  4. The longer people grind/play/refresh their dragons, the more the general populous starts to critique the update for various reasons. Most politely and in sheer confusion, but some did get too heated. It's still very mild.
  5. Some users who don't mind the update find people voicing their complaints unreasonable and start insulting everyone who is unhappy, calling people with phobias "whiny crybabies", among other things. A few people stand up to them and this causes the arguments which caused the first lock. The staff was silent until the first lock.
  6. The staff addresses some of the complaints after the lock. The explanation for the common eye changes is given, and they emphasize that they won't tolerate vitriol, but they stand their ground on perma-retiring vials and warn everyone of a perma-lock.
  7. Surprise, people are still unhappy. Some even more so now with their response. More of the same arguments occur, so the thread is, unsurprisingly, perma-locked.

EDIT: I'm not trying to insinuate anyone else is bad for giving you a shorthand explanation, but it is far from the full picture. Users on both ends of the argument and even the staff with their radio silence up until they put the thread on time-out all contributed to how bad it got, directly or indirectly. Painting it as "People who didn't like eyes got upset" is just misleading.
tumblr_oznjwjuICW1w8xkufo5_250.png
[quote name="RainyRose" date="2018-06-11 05:55:08" ] I just finished reading through the news thread, and noticed it was locked, not once, but twice. I feel bad for the staff and I am thoroughly embarrassed about most players behaviors and attitudes towards each other. Absolutely awful and inexcusable :/ [/quote] Geez, peeps got the thread locked [i]twice[/i]?! I know people were upset about some stuff relating to the eyes, but that's just... ridiculously over-the-top and awful. Now I feel [i]really[/i] bad for the staff D:
RainyRose wrote on 2018-06-11 05:55:08:
I just finished reading through the news thread, and noticed it was locked, not once, but twice. I feel bad for the staff and I am thoroughly embarrassed about most players behaviors and attitudes towards each other. Absolutely awful and inexcusable :/

Geez, peeps got the thread locked twice?! I know people were upset about some stuff relating to the eyes, but that's just... ridiculously over-the-top and awful.

Now I feel really bad for the staff D:
jC0MHtC.png zYK7yAB.gif
Jacob
male pronouns pls

interests:
captain harlock, genshin impact,
zelda, space battleship yamato,
star trek, stargate, mlp, lotr
xx CnNBdW0.png
[quote name="Jihun" date="2018-06-11 06:35:27" ] So, it seems to me like everyone wants to give you the polite watered-down version. A more detailed play-by-play went something like this: The staff release the update as it is. Users are generally excited, but baffled and upset by the short time limit for grinding the perma-retiring vials. A few users notice the changes to common eyes and are now miffed about the staff not addressing this change at all, when the last visual change to existing dragons was warned months in advance. The longer people grind/play/refresh their dragons, the more the general populous starts to critique the update for various reasons. Most politely and in sheer confusion, but some did get too heated. It's still very mild. Some users who don't mind the update find people voicing their complaints unreasonable and start insulting everyone who is unhappy, calling people with phobias "whiny crybabies", among other things. A few people stand up to them and this causes the arguments which caused the first lock. The staff was silent until the first lock. The staff addresses some of the complaints after the lock. The explanation for the common eye changes is given, and they emphasize that they won't tolerate vitriol, but they stand their ground on perma-retiring vials and warn everyone of a perma-lock. Surprise, people are still unhappy. Some even more so now with their response. More of the same arguments occur, so the thread is, unsurprisingly, perma-locked. EDIT: I'm not trying to insinuate anyone else is bad for giving you a shorthand explanation, but it is far from the full picture. Users on both ends of the argument and even the staff with their radio silence up until they put the thread on time-out all contributed to how bad it got, directly or indirectly. Painting it as "People who didn't like eyes got upset" is just misleading. [/quote] This is an amazing summary of events as I saw them. There was also a bout of open letters, but that was swiftly silenced and covered up, and then suggested that they be sent through contact us, by persons who apparently misunderstand the concept of an open letter as it pertains to constructive discussion.
Jihun wrote on 2018-06-11 06:35:27:

The staff release the update as it is.
Users are generally excited, but baffled and upset by the short time limit for grinding the perma-retiring vials.
A few users notice the changes to common eyes and are now miffed about the staff not addressing this change at all, when the last visual change to existing dragons was warned months in advance.
The longer people grind/play/refresh their dragons, the more the general populous starts to critique the update for various reasons. Most politely and in sheer confusion, but some did get too heated. It's still very mild.
Some users who don't mind the update find people voicing their complaints unreasonable and start insulting everyone who is unhappy, calling people with phobias "whiny crybabies", among other things. A few people stand up to them and this causes the arguments which caused the first lock. The staff was silent until the first lock.
The staff addresses some of the complaints after the lock. The explanation for the common eye changes is given, and they emphasize that they won't tolerate vitriol, but they stand their ground on perma-retiring vials and warn everyone of a perma-lock.
Surprise, people are still unhappy. Some even more so now with their response. More of the same arguments occur, so the thread is, unsurprisingly, perma-locked.

This is an amazing summary of events as I saw them. There was also a bout of open letters, but that was swiftly silenced and covered up, and then suggested that they be sent through contact us, by persons who apparently misunderstand the concept of an open letter as it pertains to constructive discussion.
wq9PoXA.png
If the staff had said in the update that the rarer eyes only have a 1% or whatever chance of occurring I don't think there would have been as much drama. People treated the rarer eyes as something to aim for when I think they're supposed to be things that are very rare and exciting to get. Like a triple gen one or something...you wouldn't hatch eggs thinking you'd be likely to get one, it's just great when it happens.

I think some people were being a little ungrateful to be honest, when I first saw the update I misread it and thought that the vials were just available to buy for gems for a limited time. I was pretty happy when I realised we could actually grind for them. And they could have just not bothered to release the vials at all and had the new eyes only be available to get on newly hatched dragons.
If the staff had said in the update that the rarer eyes only have a 1% or whatever chance of occurring I don't think there would have been as much drama. People treated the rarer eyes as something to aim for when I think they're supposed to be things that are very rare and exciting to get. Like a triple gen one or something...you wouldn't hatch eggs thinking you'd be likely to get one, it's just great when it happens.

I think some people were being a little ungrateful to be honest, when I first saw the update I misread it and thought that the vials were just available to buy for gems for a limited time. I was pretty happy when I realised we could actually grind for them. And they could have just not bothered to release the vials at all and had the new eyes only be available to get on newly hatched dragons.
[quote name="LucidDreams" date="2018-06-11 07:25:51" ] If the staff had said in the update that the rarer eyes only have a 1% or whatever chance of occurring I don't think there would have been as much drama. People treated the rarer eyes as something to aim for when I think they're supposed to be things that are very rare and exciting to get. Like a triple gen one or something...you wouldn't hatch eggs thinking you'd be likely to get one, it's just great when it happens. I think some people were being a little ungrateful to be honest, when I first saw the update I misread it and thought that the vials were just available to buy for gems for a limited time. I was pretty happy when I realised we could actually grind for them. And they could have just not bothered to release the vials at all and had the new eyes only be available to get on newly hatched dragons. [/quote] ^^^^^ also I wouldn't go in the suggestion forums for a while, it's still steaming hot in there (the deities know I went in there a couple or more times in the past days and got myself rolled in salt and fire) players on both sides had good arguments, but some were really rude about it, in some threads it was impossible to have a civil converstion, things are starting to settle down now tough
LucidDreams wrote on 2018-06-11 07:25:51:

^^^^^

also I wouldn't go in the suggestion forums for a while, it's still steaming hot in there (the deities know I went in there a couple or more times in the past days and got myself rolled in salt and fire)

players on both sides had good arguments, but some were really rude about it, in some threads it was impossible to have a civil converstion, things are starting to settle down now tough
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
[quote name="RainyRose" date="2018-06-11 05:55:08" ] I just finished reading through the news thread, and noticed it was locked, not once, but twice. I feel bad for the staff and I am thoroughly embarrassed about most players behaviors and attitudes towards each other. Absolutely awful and inexcusable :/ [/quote] Thank goodness someone said it. I couldn't agree more. No matter how upset people are about the update... the staff has a right to make the changes to their game as they see fit. It's their game. xD Compared to games like WoW which can *completely* change the class dynamics in updates and never, ever change it, I think they've been extremely fair and ...clearly listening since they had to lock the thread. They're overwhelmed. And remember, the staff have to get together before making a joint decision rather than one member hastily deciding things for everyone. That takes time. And from what I understand they don't...update every day but weekly? And...I saw people demanding answers and it hadn't even been 24 hours. ... I get being upset but...once it steeps into harassment territory that isn't cool or acceptable :/ And no wonder they haven't responded.
RainyRose wrote on 2018-06-11 05:55:08:
I just finished reading through the news thread, and noticed it was locked, not once, but twice. I feel bad for the staff and I am thoroughly embarrassed about most players behaviors and attitudes towards each other. Absolutely awful and inexcusable :/

Thank goodness someone said it. I couldn't agree more.

No matter how upset people are about the update... the staff has a right to make the changes to their game as they see fit. It's their game. xD Compared to games like WoW which can *completely* change the class dynamics in updates and never, ever change it, I think they've been extremely fair and ...clearly listening since they had to lock the thread. They're overwhelmed.

And remember, the staff have to get together before making a joint decision rather than one member hastily deciding things for everyone. That takes time. And from what I understand they don't...update every day but weekly? And...I saw people demanding answers and it hadn't even been 24 hours. ...

I get being upset but...once it steeps into harassment territory that isn't cool or acceptable :/ And no wonder they haven't responded.
The stuff about the open letters is pretty frustrating because those threads were mostly polite discussion. I'm almost sure that it got worse because they deleted it and users got VERY impatient that they were getting silenced instead of getting any good (and not "nah we know better") responses.

Not that this justifies harassment and insults. But most threads only had a tiny bit of arguing, sometimes more but usually less, before that.
The stuff about the open letters is pretty frustrating because those threads were mostly polite discussion. I'm almost sure that it got worse because they deleted it and users got VERY impatient that they were getting silenced instead of getting any good (and not "nah we know better") responses.

Not that this justifies harassment and insults. But most threads only had a tiny bit of arguing, sometimes more but usually less, before that.
QYzhmAi.png
It was locked twice because of other players resorting to name-calling, abuse, etc. towards other players and the staff. I'm waiting for it to die down at this point.
It was locked twice because of other players resorting to name-calling, abuse, etc. towards other players and the staff. I'm waiting for it to die down at this point.
sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa