Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 178 179 180 181 182 ... 304 305
I really don't want to comb through 180 pages to see if anyone else has asked, but how are the multi-gaze eyes going to affect skins/accents?
I really don't want to comb through 180 pages to see if anyone else has asked, but how are the multi-gaze eyes going to affect skins/accents?
mh8jR2Z.gif
[quote name="ashotinthedark" date="2018-06-08 16:35:26" ] [quote name="XxSilverPoolxX" date="2018-06-08 16:29:45" ] [quote name="Scatterspark" date="2018-06-08 16:28:30" ] I dunno, I think expressing one's opinions calmly is probably more effective than writing 20 extremely angry paragraphs. I agree that the randomness will be an extremely frustrating mechanic for people with breeding projects and very specific niche breeding pairs. I agree that I'd like to see an "opt out" feature or a way to change eyes back to common. But I don't think screaming as loudly as you can will impress the devs. Whenever I've been in a moderator or admin position on a site, or a customer service position at a business, I've been a lot more interested in listening to the concerns and feedback of calm, respectful people than people who scream at me. You have the right to be angry and you have the right to take your business elsewhere, but being calm and respectful will get you a lot further when you want something. [/quote] I agree with you on this [/quote] I do as well. I hope my message earlier came across as respectful. I've got a lot going on in my life too-my poor boy has to go through life saving surgery on Tuesday and I have to make sure he's going to the can before then and if not, I have to get him to the emergency vet if he's unable to do his business on the weekend. Trust me, I'm very stressed and can't wait for Tuesday to come so he can get his surgery done. It's all my mind keeps coming back to. But that doesn't mean I get to shit on others. So again, I truly hope my prior message came across polite. [/quote] I don't remember seeing your post in particular, but it sounds like you have a good attitude, so I'm willing to believe you were just fine. Good luck with your baby on Tuesday, I hope he comes out of it alright. <3
ashotinthedark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:35:26:
XxSilverPoolxX wrote on 2018-06-08 16:29:45:
Scatterspark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:28:30:
I dunno, I think expressing one's opinions calmly is probably more effective than writing 20 extremely angry paragraphs.

I agree that the randomness will be an extremely frustrating mechanic for people with breeding projects and very specific niche breeding pairs. I agree that I'd like to see an "opt out" feature or a way to change eyes back to common.

But I don't think screaming as loudly as you can will impress the devs. Whenever I've been in a moderator or admin position on a site, or a customer service position at a business, I've been a lot more interested in listening to the concerns and feedback of calm, respectful people than people who scream at me.

You have the right to be angry and you have the right to take your business elsewhere, but being calm and respectful will get you a lot further when you want something.
I agree with you on this

I do as well. I hope my message earlier came across as respectful. I've got a lot going on in my life too-my poor boy has to go through life saving surgery on Tuesday and I have to make sure he's going to the can before then and if not, I have to get him to the emergency vet if he's unable to do his business on the weekend. Trust me, I'm very stressed and can't wait for Tuesday to come so he can get his surgery done. It's all my mind keeps coming back to. But that doesn't mean I get to **** on others. So again, I truly hope my prior message came across polite.

I don't remember seeing your post in particular, but it sounds like you have a good attitude, so I'm willing to believe you were just fine. Good luck with your baby on Tuesday, I hope he comes out of it alright. <3
event-sig-small-4.png
I NEED A DERG WITH SHADOW PRIMAL EYES S T A T
I NEED A DERG WITH SHADOW PRIMAL EYES S T A T
Fwooomf1-sig.png
Lio/Vash | He/him FR+2 | Still working on lore, lair is a mess rn. | avatar
Fwooomf2-sig.png
@witchyeevee
oh man you should totally check out the other post I just made here as well as pretty much every Suggestion and Bug thread I've posted in today. Let's flood the staff's Dragon Share thread with how much they ruined our precious dragons.
@witchyeevee
oh man you should totally check out the other post I just made here as well as pretty much every Suggestion and Bug thread I've posted in today. Let's flood the staff's Dragon Share thread with how much they ruined our precious dragons.
Z5qrQtx.gif
7ebac6b3af9f12d3a4fa4f1dbbceaae2243780f9.png62899cd3275f2a35097380052cdd779e44e89c6c.pnge448ae88c64c70af9f549e4014ccc630c1c6861c.png
[quote name="Sylipha" date="2018-06-08 15:19:28" ] [quote name="NeophyteRedglare" date="2018-06-08 15:08:25" ] @Andrewsarchus @turntechstrider I really don’t see how eye colour is a fundamental of the breeding mechanic. All it serves is to tell you what flight the dragon was bred in and what stats it gets in the coliseum. It’s probably more of a coliseum mechanic than breeding mechanic, and it doesn’t matter what the eyes look like in there. I understand what you are saying about having no way to revert back and yes, a removal scroll would be an excellent implement but other than that it’s purely aesthetic. Most people want eyes to match colors for aesthetic reasons. [/quote] @NeophyteRedglare To me aesthetic is the most important point in this game. I want my dragon's eyes to match their body colors. And I think to many others it's very important, too. You can't just dismiss this way of playing the game and imply that there's no reason to complain. Yes, it IS aesthetic but to players who value aesthetic the most this update is just a slap in the face. If they were to change coli sats completely so playing there would be incredibly expensive and frustrating (let's say your eliminates would expire after a month) you wouldn't say "It's purely the coliseum, no reason to complain". Or if the lore would be completely changed without a forewarning. People just play this game completely different and I think all ways are equally reasonable. And one way of playing should not be made incredibly hard and expensive for no reason whatsoever. [/quote] yeah, dragon aesthetic and site aesthetic are very different. 90% of the point of pet games is having pets that you like, [i]which includes aesthetic.[/i] if, for example, i hatch a dragon with primal plague eyes when i want common plague eyes, that dragon doesn't have the correct aesthetic, meaning that breeding it was almost entirely pointless. or, if i buy a dragon with common eyes when i want it to have unusual, i'd have to rely on pure luck and a limited item, or just suck it up and have a dragon that i don't really want.
Sylipha wrote on 2018-06-08 15:19:28:
NeophyteRedglare wrote on 2018-06-08 15:08:25:
@Andrewsarchus @turntechstrider

I really don’t see how eye colour is a fundamental of the breeding mechanic. All it serves is to tell you what flight the dragon was bred in and what stats it gets in the coliseum. It’s probably more of a coliseum mechanic than breeding mechanic, and it doesn’t matter what the eyes look like in there. I understand what you are saying about having no way to revert back and yes, a removal scroll would be an excellent implement but other than that it’s purely aesthetic. Most people want eyes to match colors for aesthetic reasons.

@NeophyteRedglare To me aesthetic is the most important point in this game. I want my dragon's eyes to match their body colors. And I think to many others it's very important, too. You can't just dismiss this way of playing the game and imply that there's no reason to complain. Yes, it IS aesthetic but to players who value aesthetic the most this update is just a slap in the face. If they were to change coli sats completely so playing there would be incredibly expensive and frustrating (let's say your eliminates would expire after a month) you wouldn't say "It's purely the coliseum, no reason to complain". Or if the lore would be completely changed without a forewarning. People just play this game completely different and I think all ways are equally reasonable. And one way of playing should not be made incredibly hard and expensive for no reason whatsoever.
yeah, dragon aesthetic and site aesthetic are very different. 90% of the point of pet games is having pets that you like, which includes aesthetic.
if, for example, i hatch a dragon with primal plague eyes when i want common plague eyes, that dragon doesn't have the correct aesthetic, meaning that breeding it was almost entirely pointless.
or, if i buy a dragon with common eyes when i want it to have unusual, i'd have to rely on pure luck and a limited item, or just suck it up and have a dragon that i don't really want.
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but do you think there would be an option to at the very least toggle the display of the eyes? I can see for various reasons how the Shadow/Plague primal eyes and the multi-gaze can really creep people out and put them off. I'm personally not bothered, but still, keeping other people in consideration...

At the very least, I'm rather happy with it! Happy 5th, yes!! This will make breeding projects a lot more interesting~
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but do you think there would be an option to at the very least toggle the display of the eyes? I can see for various reasons how the Shadow/Plague primal eyes and the multi-gaze can really creep people out and put them off. I'm personally not bothered, but still, keeping other people in consideration...

At the very least, I'm rather happy with it! Happy 5th, yes!! This will make breeding projects a lot more interesting~
The Clan of Floating Spores

---
Snowish/Casper
They/them
FRT+9
WHooo happy Anniversary! These are so cool!
WHooo happy Anniversary! These are so cool!
g4DcSLb.gif w8o0xW1.png
@ashotinthedark I went back to look at your comments and I think they were in fact very polite and respectful. I hope you don't worry too much about it anymore. :) I get that you're unsettled, I'm now worrying that my comments might have been too harsh as well. But in your case I think it's safe to say you were nothing but polite. :)

Also, I wish you all the best with your pet's surgery! I know how horrible it is to have a suffering pet. :/ I really, really hope he'll be back on his feet in no time!
@ashotinthedark I went back to look at your comments and I think they were in fact very polite and respectful. I hope you don't worry too much about it anymore. :) I get that you're unsettled, I'm now worrying that my comments might have been too harsh as well. But in your case I think it's safe to say you were nothing but polite. :)

Also, I wish you all the best with your pet's surgery! I know how horrible it is to have a suffering pet. :/ I really, really hope he'll be back on his feet in no time!
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
I actually really like the eyes...and you people who wish we where given a scroll to turn this on not everyone can pay for the amount of damn scrolls it would take to turn it on so if you think your helping people by complaining no your 1 telling the fr people that they are bad at makeing a game which will have them stop careing about the games you people supposedly loved if you loved it you would be excepting and not complain like a 5 year old kid who wasn't given a piece of damn candy like if you don't like it then leave don't threaten or make the people who took there time to make this game feel like ****
I actually really like the eyes...and you people who wish we where given a scroll to turn this on not everyone can pay for the amount of damn scrolls it would take to turn it on so if you think your helping people by complaining no your 1 telling the fr people that they are bad at makeing a game which will have them stop careing about the games you people supposedly loved if you loved it you would be excepting and not complain like a 5 year old kid who wasn't given a piece of damn candy like if you don't like it then leave don't threaten or make the people who took there time to make this game feel like ****
You know when I first read about this update I thought it was cool, but the longer the day goes on the more I hate it. Like, I'm hoarding scattersight scrolls right now in the event that I need one in the future because I have absolutely NO way of controlling what eye type the dragons I breed will get. I literally run a hatchery, control over my projects is like half the reason I play here. That and to collect dragons I think are cool, which involves a lot of breeding on my part half the time as well.

If this were a random chance feature for a few weeks in order to get all the eye types out and spread them like a disease almost then I think I would understand it, but right now I only see it as an inconvenience, and one that's going to alienate a lot of players. And I think what's most annoying is the fact that the initial post says "Are These Just a "Quaternary Gene"?
No. Eye types are not genes and are not passed down from adults to hatchlings via the breeding system
," which is almost exactly how this thing should have played out.

Like, I get this is a game and that it's magic based to an extent, but eyes are very much ruled by genetics the last time I checked. Do I think the eyes are cool? To an extent, yeah! It's a really cool idea, and Multi-Gaze is like everything I've ever wanted. But common eyes are now darker for some reason and the first three types: uncommon, unusual, and rare are almost... identical. Common Shadow eyes and Rare shadow eyes are near indistinguishable to me now.

So like, in a way that's great I guess because I'm less likely to be irritated by the lack of control, but at the same time, there are projects I have that required a lot of planning and breeding on my part and now I have to plan for the unforseen? Except I can't, because it's not something I can control without a scattersight vial which is going to become a retired item because you guys are choosing to make the one thing that allows us to fix what can easily become a problem in breeding projects a retired item after this weekend.

Like, I appreciate the thought and effort put into this, but I don't think any of those thoughts included how your user base would react aside from "oh cool, eyes." And this isn't even touching on the people who have serious phobias of eyes (faceted and multi-gazed especially). I just think this could have been done better and I'm kind of annoyed because now it just feels like a money grab since people are going to be scrambling for gems to purchase and hoard scattersight vials for when they're inevitably let down by the randomness of this weird update.
You know when I first read about this update I thought it was cool, but the longer the day goes on the more I hate it. Like, I'm hoarding scattersight scrolls right now in the event that I need one in the future because I have absolutely NO way of controlling what eye type the dragons I breed will get. I literally run a hatchery, control over my projects is like half the reason I play here. That and to collect dragons I think are cool, which involves a lot of breeding on my part half the time as well.

If this were a random chance feature for a few weeks in order to get all the eye types out and spread them like a disease almost then I think I would understand it, but right now I only see it as an inconvenience, and one that's going to alienate a lot of players. And I think what's most annoying is the fact that the initial post says "Are These Just a "Quaternary Gene"?
No. Eye types are not genes and are not passed down from adults to hatchlings via the breeding system
," which is almost exactly how this thing should have played out.

Like, I get this is a game and that it's magic based to an extent, but eyes are very much ruled by genetics the last time I checked. Do I think the eyes are cool? To an extent, yeah! It's a really cool idea, and Multi-Gaze is like everything I've ever wanted. But common eyes are now darker for some reason and the first three types: uncommon, unusual, and rare are almost... identical. Common Shadow eyes and Rare shadow eyes are near indistinguishable to me now.

So like, in a way that's great I guess because I'm less likely to be irritated by the lack of control, but at the same time, there are projects I have that required a lot of planning and breeding on my part and now I have to plan for the unforseen? Except I can't, because it's not something I can control without a scattersight vial which is going to become a retired item because you guys are choosing to make the one thing that allows us to fix what can easily become a problem in breeding projects a retired item after this weekend.

Like, I appreciate the thought and effort put into this, but I don't think any of those thoughts included how your user base would react aside from "oh cool, eyes." And this isn't even touching on the people who have serious phobias of eyes (faceted and multi-gazed especially). I just think this could have been done better and I'm kind of annoyed because now it just feels like a money grab since people are going to be scrambling for gems to purchase and hoard scattersight vials for when they're inevitably let down by the randomness of this weird update.
J5FGxHX.png
1 2 ... 178 179 180 181 182 ... 304 305