Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 304 305
Happy Anniversary, Flight Rising! Thanks to the staff for making this dragon-breeding game possible for everyone. I admit, it's passed some time at work on break, so there's that!

Also, the eye thing? A cool concept! ...Guess I've got some breeding to do.
Happy Anniversary, Flight Rising! Thanks to the staff for making this dragon-breeding game possible for everyone. I admit, it's passed some time at work on break, so there's that!

Also, the eye thing? A cool concept! ...Guess I've got some breeding to do.
Is this Herobrine or wut
Is this Herobrine or wut
CUnQdgy.png
[quote name="Scatterspark" date="2018-06-08 16:37:54" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 16:33:21" ] [quote name="XxSilverPoolxX" date="2018-06-08 16:29:45" ] [quote name="Scatterspark" date="2018-06-08 16:28:30" ] I dunno, I think expressing one's opinions calmly is probably more effective than writing 20 extremely angry paragraphs. I agree that the randomness will be an extremely frustrating mechanic for people with breeding projects and very specific niche breeding pairs. I agree that I'd like to see an "opt out" feature or a way to change eyes back to common. But I don't think screaming as loudly as you can will impress the devs. Whenever I've been in a moderator or admin position on a site, or a customer service position at a business, I've been a lot more interested in listening to the concerns and feedback of calm, respectful people than people who scream at me. You have the right to be angry and you have the right to take your business elsewhere, but being calm and respectful will get you a lot further when you want something. [/quote] I agree with you on this [/quote] The idea that you have to be calm when expressing yourself or else you're "doing it wrong" and deserve to be ignored is harmful to any sort of communication. I will be as angry as I like, and I encourage others to do the same. Where I draw the line, and where we all should, is anything personal. Critique the choices of the Admins, but not the Admins as people. Don't insult or threaten them directly. "What were you thinking?!" Is fine. "What were you thinking you fucking pieces of shit" is not. [/quote] I didn't say anyone deserves to be ignored. What I mean is that it's a lot easier to sympathize with someone who is choosing their words with thought and respect. It's hard to care about people who are being aggressive to you. That's human nature. I have worked with angry, shouting, aggressive people, and while I still did my best for them, it was a [i]miserable[/i] experience, and I would not necessarily have gone above and beyond for them. I don't understand why anyone thinks threatening the staff will get them to take them more seriously. It's more likely to get you written off as unreasonable, and it's more likely to make them flat-out just not want to deal with you as an individual. [/quote] The thing is that you can be angry without being rude or hostile to the person you're talking to. People shouldn't have to bottle up their emotions in order to come across the right away so that you feel more compelled to listen to. It's the Admins jobs to listen to everyone, or at least as many people who give them feedback -- and when that gets more emotional than just baseline, it's not appropriate to insist something like "Well you are way too emotional so your opinion is less weighty than this person over here who isn't emotional" Like I said, being aggressive towards staff and making threats or throwing insults is totally inappropriate. But emotional responses are just as human as the shying away from emotional responses. So long as no one is being nasty, emotional responses shouldn't be discouraged.
Scatterspark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:37:54:
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 16:33:21:
XxSilverPoolxX wrote on 2018-06-08 16:29:45:
Scatterspark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:28:30:
I dunno, I think expressing one's opinions calmly is probably more effective than writing 20 extremely angry paragraphs.

I agree that the randomness will be an extremely frustrating mechanic for people with breeding projects and very specific niche breeding pairs. I agree that I'd like to see an "opt out" feature or a way to change eyes back to common.

But I don't think screaming as loudly as you can will impress the devs. Whenever I've been in a moderator or admin position on a site, or a customer service position at a business, I've been a lot more interested in listening to the concerns and feedback of calm, respectful people than people who scream at me.

You have the right to be angry and you have the right to take your business elsewhere, but being calm and respectful will get you a lot further when you want something.
I agree with you on this

The idea that you have to be calm when expressing yourself or else you're "doing it wrong" and deserve to be ignored is harmful to any sort of communication. I will be as angry as I like, and I encourage others to do the same.

Where I draw the line, and where we all should, is anything personal. Critique the choices of the Admins, but not the Admins as people. Don't insult or threaten them directly. "What were you thinking?!" Is fine. "What were you thinking you ******* pieces of ****" is not.

I didn't say anyone deserves to be ignored. What I mean is that it's a lot easier to sympathize with someone who is choosing their words with thought and respect. It's hard to care about people who are being aggressive to you. That's human nature. I have worked with angry, shouting, aggressive people, and while I still did my best for them, it was a miserable experience, and I would not necessarily have gone above and beyond for them.

I don't understand why anyone thinks threatening the staff will get them to take them more seriously. It's more likely to get you written off as unreasonable, and it's more likely to make them flat-out just not want to deal with you as an individual.

The thing is that you can be angry without being rude or hostile to the person you're talking to. People shouldn't have to bottle up their emotions in order to come across the right away so that you feel more compelled to listen to. It's the Admins jobs to listen to everyone, or at least as many people who give them feedback -- and when that gets more emotional than just baseline, it's not appropriate to insist something like "Well you are way too emotional so your opinion is less weighty than this person over here who isn't emotional"

Like I said, being aggressive towards staff and making threats or throwing insults is totally inappropriate. But emotional responses are just as human as the shying away from emotional responses. So long as no one is being nasty, emotional responses shouldn't be discouraged.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@yukitsukihana
You are a legend thanks and I will!
I'm,,,,, We're both riled up abt various things. The eyewhites on all my dragons!!!! are missing!!!!!!!! His icon is McWrecked because ice eyes are now BLUE TINTED- like you pointed out- and just..............

This entire update could have been so good had they not implemented it so absolutely horribly.
@yukitsukihana
You are a legend thanks and I will!
I'm,,,,, We're both riled up abt various things. The eyewhites on all my dragons!!!! are missing!!!!!!!! His icon is McWrecked because ice eyes are now BLUE TINTED- like you pointed out- and just..............

This entire update could have been so good had they not implemented it so absolutely horribly.
This looks great! I'm so excited! :)
This looks great! I'm so excited! :)
[quote name="Scatterspark" date="2018-06-08 16:37:54" ] [quote name="McAlli" date="2018-06-08 16:33:21" ] [quote name="XxSilverPoolxX" date="2018-06-08 16:29:45" ] [quote name="Scatterspark" date="2018-06-08 16:28:30" ] I dunno, I think expressing one's opinions calmly is probably more effective than writing 20 extremely angry paragraphs. I agree that the randomness will be an extremely frustrating mechanic for people with breeding projects and very specific niche breeding pairs. I agree that I'd like to see an "opt out" feature or a way to change eyes back to common. But I don't think screaming as loudly as you can will impress the devs. Whenever I've been in a moderator or admin position on a site, or a customer service position at a business, I've been a lot more interested in listening to the concerns and feedback of calm, respectful people than people who scream at me. You have the right to be angry and you have the right to take your business elsewhere, but being calm and respectful will get you a lot further when you want something. [/quote] I agree with you on this [/quote] The idea that you have to be calm when expressing yourself or else you're "doing it wrong" and deserve to be ignored is harmful to any sort of communication. I will be as angry as I like, and I encourage others to do the same. Where I draw the line, and where we all should, is anything personal. Critique the choices of the Admins, but not the Admins as people. Don't insult or threaten them directly. "What were you thinking?!" Is fine. "What were you thinking you fucking pieces of shit" is not. [/quote] I didn't say anyone deserves to be ignored. What I mean is that it's a lot easier to sympathize with someone who is choosing their words with thought and respect. It's hard to care about people who are being aggressive to you. That's human nature. I have worked with angry, shouting, aggressive people, and while I still did my best for them, it was a [i]miserable[/i] experience, and I would not necessarily have gone above and beyond for them. I don't understand why anyone thinks threatening the staff will get them to take them more seriously. It's more likely to get you written off as unreasonable, and it's more likely to make them flat-out just not want to deal with you as an individual. [/quote] I don't see anybody here threatening the staff?? If you mean "I will leave the game", I think that's a legitimate thing to say. Staff wants people to play their game, if something is making them so angry they will leave, they'll want to fix it. Hopefully. However I do understand the point you're making, being an asshole won't get you anywhere, the FR staff is human too. I was a bit emotional earlier today, mostly due to the shock of all of this, and lack of sleep and food. I'm still angry but I'm trying to tone my message in a better manner. My opinion still stands. If there isn't a way to revert a dragon's eyes to common, I will leave the game.
Scatterspark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:37:54:
McAlli wrote on 2018-06-08 16:33:21:
XxSilverPoolxX wrote on 2018-06-08 16:29:45:
Scatterspark wrote on 2018-06-08 16:28:30:
I dunno, I think expressing one's opinions calmly is probably more effective than writing 20 extremely angry paragraphs.

I agree that the randomness will be an extremely frustrating mechanic for people with breeding projects and very specific niche breeding pairs. I agree that I'd like to see an "opt out" feature or a way to change eyes back to common.

But I don't think screaming as loudly as you can will impress the devs. Whenever I've been in a moderator or admin position on a site, or a customer service position at a business, I've been a lot more interested in listening to the concerns and feedback of calm, respectful people than people who scream at me.

You have the right to be angry and you have the right to take your business elsewhere, but being calm and respectful will get you a lot further when you want something.
I agree with you on this

The idea that you have to be calm when expressing yourself or else you're "doing it wrong" and deserve to be ignored is harmful to any sort of communication. I will be as angry as I like, and I encourage others to do the same.

Where I draw the line, and where we all should, is anything personal. Critique the choices of the Admins, but not the Admins as people. Don't insult or threaten them directly. "What were you thinking?!" Is fine. "What were you thinking you ******* pieces of ****" is not.

I didn't say anyone deserves to be ignored. What I mean is that it's a lot easier to sympathize with someone who is choosing their words with thought and respect. It's hard to care about people who are being aggressive to you. That's human nature. I have worked with angry, shouting, aggressive people, and while I still did my best for them, it was a miserable experience, and I would not necessarily have gone above and beyond for them.

I don't understand why anyone thinks threatening the staff will get them to take them more seriously. It's more likely to get you written off as unreasonable, and it's more likely to make them flat-out just not want to deal with you as an individual.

I don't see anybody here threatening the staff??

If you mean "I will leave the game", I think that's a legitimate thing to say. Staff wants people to play their game, if something is making them so angry they will leave, they'll want to fix it. Hopefully.

However I do understand the point you're making, being an ******* won't get you anywhere, the FR staff is human too. I was a bit emotional earlier today, mostly due to the shock of all of this, and lack of sleep and food. I'm still angry but I'm trying to tone my message in a better manner. My opinion still stands. If there isn't a way to revert a dragon's eyes to common, I will leave the game.
Blue_Rose.pngunknown.pngPale_Pink_Rose.png
*Screams of terror at those plague primal eyes*
*Screams of terror at those plague primal eyes*
Eye see...
Eye see...
most of my dragons are secretly the horrors
@yukitsukihana

I feel ya, I just want my white eyes back. I am with you wholeheartedly on that.

Had to go through like 3 different nest rentals to get this guy. Kinda bummed and too afraid to take the eye sash off his sister.

Ice is my jam, if it weren't for the cost and me liking shadow too much, I would have hopped over there. Now it's like, why even get the ice eyes :(
@yukitsukihana

I feel ya, I just want my white eyes back. I am with you wholeheartedly on that.

Had to go through like 3 different nest rentals to get this guy. Kinda bummed and too afraid to take the eye sash off his sister.

Ice is my jam, if it weren't for the cost and me liking shadow too much, I would have hopped over there. Now it's like, why even get the ice eyes :(
Gem Market, Art Shops, and Discord Chats oh my!
2h3oaig.jpg
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41141305] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/411414/41141305_350.png[/img] [/url] Yaaaas I got rare!! It fits his gene colors perfectly, especially on his dream breed... [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=159&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=9f932cf683f08060869193ec7e9e57da72de24bc&dummyext=prev.png[/img]

41141305_350.png

Yaaaas I got rare!! It fits his gene colors perfectly, especially on his dream breed...
dragon?age=1&body=30&bodygene=1&breed=10&element=9&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=159&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=1&auth=9f932cf683f08060869193ec7e9e57da72de24bc&dummyext=prev.png
Fwooomf1-sig.png
Lio/Vash | He/him FR+2 | Still working on lore, lair is a mess rn. | avatar
Fwooomf2-sig.png
1 2 ... 179 180 181 182 183 ... 304 305